The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 18-24 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nm I figured out what happened. SO spent the night and then both my little ones came to bed so I got a blanket and slept on the ground. It got pretty cold with my little blanket. I went back to sleep for 3 hours in bed after SO went too work and now temp is 98.4

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#242 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM

Please move me to waiting to know.
I got my crosshairs today! Which is even more exciting because it's my first time charting. I think there was always a little part of me that was scared I wasn't oing at all. I have had that problem in the past. It was so cool to see that big red + this morning! So I am 3dpo and I am waiting to test until 12dpo at the very least. It isn't good for me to start testing early. And I have used all my ic & frer. All I have left is a cbe digital.
So I won't be testing next week with everyone else, but at least we will all be in the Jan ddc together!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#243 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 AM

Good morning, MOVE ME TO THE 2WW please.

I got my crosshairs today, which I think are a little premature as I don't think I Od 3 days ago. Maybe yesterday but whatever....

Anyone have experience with long periods of + OPKs? I usually get them for 36 hours but this morning, day 4, I got an almost almost almost + with FMU. I'm wondering if it's concentrated leftover LH from yesterday? I know I'm not pregnant and I'll test later with SMU, it's just weird to have + for that long. My temp wasn't really in the post-o range today either for me....Oy vey.

Who's testing today?

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#244 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

jennifer- i was thinking either you or miriam/julie might keep up with mrsd on fb or that sort of thing. im glad she is good. tell her we say hello, ok? and listen, im only 5 dpo and i have all the same symptoms you do, right down to the heart thing. do you have afib too? for me, im thinking it's the progesterone supps, buuut, i did not have any progesteroney symptoms last cycle, although i did the one before that. if my level is therapeutic, but within the expected normal, i dont know why the symptoms would be worse, but everyone says they are, so who knows. ive always believed you cant have hcg symptoms before you have enough to turn a test pos, only prog symtoms, but if you say this happened to you before and you were pg, im jumping on that wagon, too!

daddy- one thing- the temp does not rise "at" o, it rises the day after o. it's from the progesterone that is released from the corpus luteum cyst- essentially the shell the egg popped out of. and clh is right, the avg time to o after the first +opk is 36 hours, although it can vary. that is an impressive jump there on the day before the opk, but it's still well within an expected pre-o temp- 97.2, and now back to 97. for some women, that could be a post-o temp, but it would be unusual- more likely post-o is over 97.5, most likely in the 98s, although i see last month she stayed on the cool side too. anyway, just saying this so that you will not let your guard down yet.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#245 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 AM

hey, I just did a OPK so I could put it in my chart as - but even though it is neg its really dark as well, like half +, its never usually this dark after O.... why could it be so dark ?

Does anyone know what the succsess rate of this thread it each month like % wise, I tryed working it out but I might of got it wrong I think it worked out that each month under 10% of us got a BFP ...

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#246 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 AM

CHECK OUT MY CHART IT'S BLOWING MY MIND!

Let me know what you think.

This month this thread seems soo optimistic! I feel soo good about this cycle. Its awesome to see an implantation dip even though a dip happens when you are and aren't pregnant. I'm excited for so many of us!

#247 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

cl- couple confounding variables- i think the roll here is longer at the moment than usual, and march was a slow month (some people took that month off to avoid a december baby.) the other thing is, a good number of posters, not the regulars, but the occasionals, get their bfps and never announce it here and move on. the first time i went through the rolls to see who had posted in a month (because we say we remove them from the list after a month of not posting to keep it managable,) i found about a dozen members who when i checked where they posted last, it was in like the july or august ddc. even yesterday, there was someone i didnt know on the waiting to o list, in navy, and when i checked on them, they were in nov ddc, but i never heard of the name so i took it off vs. trying to figure out when they probably had their bfp. so they dont all make it to the bfp list. especially the ladies without charts, it's hard to track what happens to them if they dont post. we've been good about getting chart links lately, so that makes it easier.

#248 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH_X3 View Post
hey, I just did a OPK so I could put it in my chart as - but even though it is neg its really dark as well, like half +, its never usually this dark after O.... why could it be so dark ?

Does anyone know what the succsess rate of this thread it each month like % wise, I tryed working it out but I might of got it wrong I think it worked out that each month under 10% of us got a BFP ...
Umm Yea. I'm dealing with almost + OPKs. Day 4? And FF says I Od 3 days ago....my chart is purely fictional at this point. Maybe your urine was really concentrated? Be like me and take another one.

I have no idea what the BFP rate is here. 10% seems kind of low....I hope.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#249 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 AM

karmab - Yup, I was bored at work and thought I would try and work it out but then theres so many things that come into play, Like you said people not annoucing the BFP and people who for some reason stop TTC ... So i did give up in the end!

FM - It would of been really concentrated, all I have had to drink for almost 8 hours is a cup of tea! I am going to be like you, Il take another one real soon

#250 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

well, like i think we have 50ish that are actively ttc, which is a few more than usual, and in like feb, there were 12 bfps, but probably really 15, so that would have been like 30% if there were 45 trying. we do need to get a bunch of them by the end of the month though but since everybody's testing next week, hopefully that will help!

#251 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBravo View Post
CHECK OUT MY CHART IT'S BLOWING MY MIND!
It's blowing mine too!

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#252 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
daddy- one thing- the temp does not rise "at" o, it rises the day after o. it's from the progesterone that is released from the corpus luteum cyst- essentially the shell the egg popped out of. and clh is right, the avg time to o after the first +opk is 36 hours, although it can vary. that is an impressive jump there on the day before the opk, but it's still well within an expected pre-o temp- 97.2, and now back to 97. for some women, that could be a post-o temp, but it would be unusual- more likely post-o is over 97.5, most likely in the 98s, although i see last month she stayed on the cool side too. anyway, just saying this so that you will not let your guard down yet.
Sorry, I meant it goes up after O. My wife has always had a low (very low) pre O temp. I'd share more charts but I don't pay for FF. Either way I'm pretty sure we covered our bases this month. O'ing on vacation and all.

Wife + Me = Paige 11/08 and Hanna 1/11 h20homebirth.gif
#253 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM

jenniferadurham: That's quite a list and your chances seem good, but please, don't drive yourself crazy... don't start testing on Friday, that's waaaay too soon! Could you hold out for 8 DPO? That's 4 tests which would almost certainly be negative no matter what that you could save. I've spent $40 so far on this cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
Well, I guessI can start looking for donors... I'm ovulating today or tomorrow, so it's too late for this cycle. Figures! :irk:
What happened???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
AFM--I got my dashed cross-hairs back. I'm 5dpo. I'm totally kicking myself for not checking my CM that weekend!!! I am LOVING my VIP trial. It'll run out at 9dpo. There's not even a chance in hell (We dtd 4 days before. It was very late at night but I don't think it qualifies.)

I had a wonderful dream that I was pregnant last night, gave birth to a beautiful little girl and (the best part) that OH was completely in love with her. It made my heart melt.
Are you trying again? I know you chart anyways while on HBC but when you mentioned not having a chance this cycle, I wondered...

I love/hate those dreams. I always wake up so sad... I've had dreams of two little girls (different dreams and different girls) and two of a little boy. One of the dreams about the boy, I was sitting on a king-sized bed in the middle of the rainforest, just leaning back against the headboard and nursing him. It was very sweet, and terribly sad when I woke up and he was gone

Sara: That chart looks fantastic! What's your usual LP length?

AFM: 13 DPO, and my log cabin got a little bigger. I've had dry CM for two days now (I put "creamy" on FF yesterday, for some reason... I kinda count everything as "creamy") and when I have any, it's either clear/white or pink-tinged. I kinda wonder if dry CM + checking my cervix/CM a million times = pink-tinged because it's getting irritated! Still crampy, juuuust enough to wish I could stay home from work and just whine to myself (I've been cramping for 8 days now and have lost my resolve to deal with it gracefully) but no AF yet.

So yeah... past my LP length, no AF, all BFNs. Shouldn't I have a BFP by now if I pass my LP length? Wouldn't my body need to notice enough hCG to keep AF away that it should show up on a test by now? I don't know.

#254 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Quickly checking in. Replaced the battery in my thermometer yesterday - still bummed that I didn't get a temp yesterday... not that it would really tell me anything. This morning's temp was low but not below the coverline so I'm still hopeful My Chart

I tested last night to satisfy DH's curiosity - I knew it would be BFN, but of course it brought be down quite a bit (I was doing so well with my positive thinking this month!) Which is why I didn't want to test until 15dpo. I thought that was enough to satisfy DH's curiosity but he asked me if I tested again this morning (I didn't).

So I'm not testing again until Sat - I was going to test on Sunday, but it looks like my temp may be starting a downward trend and if it keeps going down I will just test on 14dpo so I can stop the Prog. if BFN.

I'm looking forward to next weeks testing marathon! I'm sure there will be lots of BFPs

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

#255 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post
Sara: That chart looks fantastic! What's your usual LP length?
Well I believe its about 14 days give or take a day. Last cycle it was 15 days but my cycle was 32 days. My longest cycle ever but I also oed 3 days late so that and my 1 day extra lp made my cycle 4 days longer.

I've tested tha past 2 days. I don't know why. I threw them away after 1 min and no line. I'll wait til Wednesday not I think. That is when af is due to show up so we'll see.
I'm not going to test any more tul next week I hate waking up to a stark white bfn. It gets me soo down. So I totally know how you feel.

#256 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 12:22 PM

Hi all~

Well I am 14 dpo today with no AF in sight and my temp is till up and my cervix is shut tight and high...??? I have not tested yet today, plan to in a bit...but so far all I have been getting is BFN's. Usually for me I get a BFP by this point if I am actually preggo- so I dunno. I am all crampy and such...feel like AF is gonna arrive any moment...kindof confused at this point. I always start my AF even when I am on my progesterone if I am not preggo. Hmmmm.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#257 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 12:23 PM

Oh my gosh! SaraBravo! Your chart looks great! I'm so excited for you, go girl!

Every morning now I text my husband (he works early) the URL for my chart so he can look at my newest temperature and get excited with me. I'm thinking it looks reaaaaaaallly good.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#258 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post
Oh my gosh! SaraBravo! Your chart looks great! I'm so excited for you, go girl!

Every morning now I text my husband (he works early) the URL for my chart so he can look at my newest temperature and get excited with me. I'm thinking it looks reaaaaaaallly good.
Thank you! Off to chart stock u!

#259 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 12:58 PM

Spinster it looks great!

#260 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM

Fm - I took another opk, it was totally neg.. Couldn't really see a second Line :s

#261 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Fm - I took another opk, it was totally neg.. Couldn't really see a second Line :s
Yay! I took another one after FMU and it was still dark but negative, I'm going to take another one in a bit. It better be faint or I'm going to be cranky...I need to be one of those people who take them until they get a + and then stop. For real. Also, I have some EWCM....which means maybe I didn't O yet at all?

Michelle ~

#262 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post

jenniferadurham--won't that only put you a 4dpo? Too early! (I can't blame you though! That's quite a list!)
It would be 5DPO. And I was only kidding. IF I do..it'll be a $ store test, just to get it out of my system. But I had planned on testing wed with everyone else...if I can wait that long! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
jennifer- i was thinking either you or miriam/julie might keep up with mrsd on fb or that sort of thing. im glad she is good. tell her we say hello, ok? and listen, im only 5 dpo and i have all the same symptoms you do, right down to the heart thing. do you have afib too? for me, im thinking it's the progesterone supps, buuut, i did not have any progesteroney symptoms last cycle, although i did the one before that. if my level is therapeutic, but within the expected normal, i dont know why the symptoms would be worse, but everyone says they are, so who knows. ive always believed you cant have hcg symptoms before you have enough to turn a test pos, only prog symtoms, but if you say this happened to you before and you were pg, im jumping on that wagon, too!

I've never taken prog..so I dont know anything about it. But the last pg I had...I KNEW I was pg at 2DPO(and I turned out to be pg)...and I'm having the exact same symptoms now. I think I got my POS at 9/10DPO. Jump on my wagon girl! Lets get this show on the road! LOL!

My dad has AFIB, I have the one that isnt that serious(although it will lead to it.) So yes...my heart went into a full attack last time I was in labor...they were worried bc I hadnt told them I had a problem before... I went into a heart DR last summer, got the little devise to keep track of my heart, but nothing really happened. I only had one little heart skip. I dunno...it happens when I'm not even expecting it.

I did talk to MrsD this morning. Things arent going as planned. Their DR wont see them again until he gets her DH's results in, and he's the #1 sought after fertility DR in Maine..so the wait is until Aug. GRR. She is just frustrated and upset, rightly so. So they are taking a break until they can get things figured out. She is keeping busy with two of her businesses...Scentsy and Uppercase Living. I think it's good for her to keep busy and keep her mind off of it...well as much as she can. She has talked to some local people for support but they arent helping at all...so she feels like she's at a dead end I think. But I did also tell her to not give up and not to shut everyone out...that people are around her for support and help. So we'll see. I see her posts everyday and will try to keep up with her more often.

Quote:
jenniferadurham: That's quite a list and your chances seem good, but please, don't drive yourself crazy... don't start testing on Friday, that's waaaay too soon! Could you hold out for 8 DPO? That's 4 tests which would almost certainly be negative no matter what that you could save. I've spent $40 so far on this cycle
I'm not driving myself crazy..I went into TTC these past cycles, calm and relaxed. But EXCITED! I'm not stressing over it. But thank you for your concern! I've got Jesus on my side...I'm GOOD! I know that I CAN get pg...it's just a matter of WHEN! I will get $ store tests and I still have 1 digital.

BB's are WAY more sore and when I walk, they jiggle and HURT(I had to hold them down to my chest earlier LMBO!). My nips are sensative. I'm having acid reflux like crazy. and WEIRD dreams.
#263 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Karma, can you move me to Waiting to O please? I've got some red spotting now and I think it's AF. I know it's "not over til it's over" but RED spotting is rarely a good sign, so I'm gonna call it.

It's okay... my LP is longer than it was before (12 days before AF started) and we weren't temping this month. DH and I are both disappointed, which means I think he'll be on board to really try every single opportunity before O happens this cycle (in the past we've gotten in one or two BDs but other events have gotten in the way), and I'm going to order a bunch of OPKs and tests from saveontests right now so we have them in time. We'll do it right and really document everything, and if we get lucky, I'll be able to use the information to obsess over FUTURE potential pregnancies, ie "the first time I had symptoms x, y and z," lol.

I'm feeling okay. I'm ready to get this show on the road

#264 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 PM

i'm feeling soooo bloated/crampy/PREGGO today! Look at my chart! I was worried abut that lower temp but it jumped back up today!!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#265 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
What happened???
He texted yesterday and said we didn't have enough in common, didn't want the same sort of future... Ah, well. We only had two dates, so I really shouldn't even be upset. And, I'm not really, but I am dissappointed.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#266 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Were your from you get an 8 week ultrasound, Thats good, over here I got to wait til 12 weeks for the first ...
CLH_X3, you mentioned before you were under NHS? Not sure how things work there, but here (where we are all required to buy basic insurance from a list of providers) normal coverage pays for 3 ultrasounds, but we can chose to pay out of pocket for more. So, if you really want the 8 week ultrasound, maybe it's an option? I think the early ultrasound photos are the best because you can see more. The later ones are kind of fuzzy b/c your baby takes up so much space. We still have our 8 week ultrasound photo on our desk at home. He looks like a tiny gummy bear.

Just saying, you know, so you can consider it before you get your BFP in a few days.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#267 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
He texted yesterday and said we didn't have enough in common, didn't want the same sort of future... Ah, well. We only had two dates, so I really shouldn't even be upset. And, I'm not really, but I am dissappointed.
Grr i'd be disapointed too. At least he was honest and didn't lead you on. I say do it yourself. It may not be ideal but hey who needs a man!

#268 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 PM

finnegansmom - Yh im only doing one a day (except today obv) as I just want to put in my chart - OPK
How did your OPK turn out ?

Stevi - Bummer! At least know there's no messing about and you can get straight onto looking for the perfect donor! I hope you find him real real real soon, Like now

Sweet.Bee - Yeah Im on the NHS, I think but not a 100% sure, we just get one at 12 weeks and 22 weeks ish i think! but if there's problems then you get more. I will be asking for one at 8 weeks anyway as I had a miscarriage at 6 before, more for my piece of mind then anything I want blood work done as well (right away) and an ultra sound done at 8 weeks but we don't always get pictures either! only at certain ultra sounds, If I cant get an 8 week ultra on the NHS then i will pay for one Also I don't know if they do it were you are but over here you can pay to have a 4D scans done and a video of your baby, which I will defo be paying for!
Thanks as well, We are al getting a BFP this cycle

#269 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 PM

My nipples HURT today. It might be just a coincidence but they've never felt like this before. I can't help but get my hopes up!
#270 of 381 Old 04-22-2010, 06:42 PM

LOL If I weren't working tonight I probably would be trying to get with a donor!!
Ah well, this will give me a few weeks to do a little more dating and make sure the donor route is what I really want.

And, no, I don't need a man. But, I do enjoy that cuddling and sex!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page