Anyone using Ovacue?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-21-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am back on the TTC wagon. We got pg in Jan after TTCing for a year and half (1 yr just not trying & 6 mo charting). We only DTD one time, which happened to be day before O, so I didn't think there was a chance it would have worked and I was getting really frustrated with trying to interpret the charts. So I bought the Ovacue Classic and didn't even know I was pg at the time.

Unfortunately, at 11w3d we found out the heart had stopped at 8w2d. I had a natural MC on 3/17/10. And 33 days later, on 4/19, my first post-MC cycle started.

So this month I am charting and using the Ovacue to see how they compare and contrast. Is anybody else using the Ovacue? Experiences?

It was recommended by a lady at work who had success the 1st month, her friend who had success in 2nd month, and the lady I bought it from had success in 1st month as well.

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#2 of 4 Old 04-22-2010, 12:13 AM

I haven't used it, but I have heard good things about it! Please update with your thoughts on it though...I'm right on the edge of buying one

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#3 of 4 Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 AM

I have very irregular cycles and am looking for another way to help predict ovulation. From what I've read, the Ovacue seems like a great tool. Looking through earlier Mothering posts, it sounds like the Cue II is good for people with long/irregular cycles. But, I noticed there are multiple models and the Zetek website doesn't provide much information on the pros and cons re: the different models. Does anyone know if you can use the newest model or the classic model even with long cycles? Why is the Cue II the preferred model?

There's a new model for sale on my local Craigslist, so if I could buy that one I'd save a bunch of money, but I don't want to bother if it won't work for me due to my irregular cycles.

Thanks!
#4 of 4 Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM

Hi Ladies!
I bought the new digital screen ovacue machine where it gives you the calendar to track your fertile days. It works really well! My friend uses it and she has 5 kids. She also uses it as a birth control method and that worked very well also. I am not ttc yet we wanted to wait a few more cycles so that the baby is born in the spring.
If you but the V sensor as well it will tell you when Ovulation is confirmed. You get like 5- 8 days notice. It's amazing! I want to start ttc now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page