questions, questions: spotting, moon, chem preg., weird cycle length - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is going on here?!

First let me say I am not super scientific about this TTC stuff. I'm not even sure I'm counting my days right.

So... before I started trying to get preg (this is the 2nd month), I tracked two months worth of periods and it seemed like I typically have a 28 day cycle.

Last month, I suspect I had a chemical preg. that didnt stick, and my cycle was weirdly 32 days long.

Now I'm on day 23 (or 22?) of my current cycle and I started spotting yesterday and its continuing today. Does this mean my period is going to come way early this month? or is this "implantation bleeding"? I'm having some cramping, too.

Ususally I will spot a day or two before my period. I usually follow the moon, and the full moon is the 28th, which would correspond perfectly with a 28 day cycle.

I guess there are no real answers until AF comes or a BFP, but just wondered if anyone had any insights into what might be going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaVee View Post
I guess there are no real answers until AF comes or a BFP, but just wondered if anyone had any insights into what might be going on.
very much too true...

I would say it almost sounds more like implantation rather than AF impending just because of the timing BUT since you only watched 2 cycles and they were 28 days then had a 32 day cycle... its also possible you are actually irregular and AF is actually about to start...

I do suggest, if that is the case, to get a little more scientific about it and temp this month to make sure you are ovulating (I am sure you are but its always nice to check) and that you have a regular LP length and are getting your timing right. Most women with irregular cycles are really just fine and ovulate at a random time around midway through their cycle... for example mine ranged from 26 to 32 days and my ovulation ranged equally so that AF would always show on the 14th day after ovulation (making my lp length 13 days)

the problem here being that your random ovulation means you could be timing intercourse badly and not having any chance of pregnancy certain months due to it.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Ditto MP - I have a 26-32 day cycle, but don't ovulate until day 16-20, so if I was assuming I was ovulating day 14, I'd be timing intercourse wrongly to get pregnant. The fact that you have fairly regular cycles is a good thing - it means you are most likely ovulating. With the timing, I'd guess implantation bleeding too, but it could be AF, that would just be REALLY early for AF to show up. The other thing it could possibly be is ovulation - sometimes you can have spotting related to ovulating. I'd dtd to cover bases and take a $ tree test in a day or two.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 PM

I should add, if you do test in a day or 2, don't be surprised to get a negative though, it's still early. I'm a total POASaholic though, so I'd probably be testing every day or so from tomorrow on...but that's me :-D You might be more patient!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, ladies. I probably do have inconsistent ov. I used OPKs last month and never got a positive. Didnt bother this month and have never tried temping. It all just seems like so much work!! I have always been totally confused with the timing...was the case while getting preg. with my first kiddo, and is the case now!

I'm not going to POAS yet. Wait and see if AF is visiting this weekend.

MP, I like your pic. I am in NC, so welcome! You will love it here.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

Tempings not as much work as it sounds... takes about 3 minutes (if that) to get your temp then you input it onto a chart and get on with your life... if you use fertilityfriend.com they will even pinpoint your O date for you so you dont even have to do any real work, just temp and give them your temp each day

And thanks, that pic was taken a couple days after DF got home from Iraq! Such a happy time for us

Cant wait to get down to NC... Ive been there 4 times so far and loved every minute so far!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

User Tag List