#271 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
Monday Check-In
Where are you in your cycle: CD34 1DPO
I hate waiting to O especially when it takes 33 days.
glad it finally happened!!! me too i think!! waiting sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
[B]Monday Check-In
Dear ovaries: please, please, please honor me with an ovulation soon. Sincerely, Sweet.Bee.[/I]

Monday Check-In:
Name:vivica
Date:may 31
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b07bd
Where are you in your cycle: cd 21, 1DPO i think
Appointments:none yet
Symptoms if they apply:none
Testing: 10 dpo, im going to need a referee!!
Thoughts:i finally got a temp jump after too many days of FCM, hop ethis is THE jump, not a random fluke.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#272 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vivica2, hey cycle twin! Nice to see you (most likely) ovulated. That's a nice temp jump.

Maybe it will be lucky for my ovaries that my post is sitting between yours and ZoeJane'sMommy's!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#273 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 11:32 AM

Good luck Sweet.B maybe we will all three be in the Feb DDC together!! Wouldn't that be wonderful!!

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#274 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name:Gale
Date:May 31
Chart: FF
Where are you in your cycle: CD 30, 17 DPO
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: I alternate between swearing I'm getting AF and being hopeful
Testing: 12 DPO - BFN!
Thoughts: My temp has dropped, but not below the coverline. We're traveling and I'm a nerve ball anyway, so I'm sure that's not helping anything.

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

#275 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name:Amanda
Chart: FF
Where are you in your cycle: CD 23, 8 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Lower abdominal cramps,backaches, headaches. So tired..
Testing: waiting to test
Thoughts: Getting ready for vacation in 4 days, trying not to test early. Hoping to find out before we leave!

Wife to a wonderful man,cd.gif ,lactivist.gif,femalesling.GIF,familybed2.gif,hbac.gif,belly.gif, planning a uc.jpg in November!

#276 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 03:32 PM

Hey ladies, just wanted to drop by and ask you all to keep my grandma in your prayers. She's been having chest pains the last few days and finally told somebody and when they took her to the ER this morning they found out she has a heart block. Not sure at this point what that means, but she's 87 years old so please keep her in your prayers. She is my very best friend in the whole world and I'm so sad and don't want her to be in any pain. Thanks ladies! Will keep you updated as we find out more.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#277 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 03:37 PM

Erica

I don't know what they will do for her but when my dad had that happen they didn't do anything at all (it depends on what sort of heart block it is... his was the sort they just shrug off I guess)

I'm pretty sure even with the worst type its fixable with a pacemaker.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#278 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 05:04 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: Jasmine
Chart: My Chart
Where are you in your cycle: CD 13
Symptoms if they apply: Some O cramping
Thoughts: I'm thinking I am about to O but temps have been a bit wacky since DH changed jobs and I can't temp at the exact same time and the temp in my house has been all over the place... but I think that O is still coming.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#279 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
Good luck Sweet.B maybe we will all three be in the Feb DDC together!! Wouldn't that be wonderful!!
Yes! We are going to fill up the Feb DDC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
Hey ladies, just wanted to drop by and ask you all to keep my grandma in your prayers. She's been having chest pains the last few days and finally told somebody and when they took her to the ER this morning they found out she has a heart block. Not sure at this point what that means, but she's 87 years old so please keep her in your prayers. She is my very best friend in the whole world and I'm so sad and don't want her to be in any pain. Thanks ladies! Will keep you updated as we find out more.
I was also close to my grandmother. She was a very strong woman and made it to the age of 98 (almost 99). I hope you still have many years to come with her ahead of you.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#280 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 PM

AF decided to make an appearance today, so another month of no baby luck for me. My temp dropped, but not below the coverline - is this normal? I'm part of a clinical research study, so I had to poas to confirm a negative and, of course, it was.

#281 of 291 Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 PM

Monday Check-In: Yahoo. Another Monday!!!!
Name: Julie
Date: 5-31-10
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dea34
Where are you in your cycle: CD 19. First month charting... I think I may have a VERY short Luetal phase... which is probably why our timing did not work the last few months
Appointments: nada
Symptoms if they apply: not one
Thoughts: I'm enjoying temping... don't wanna pay for membership on ff.... so I may have to go on paper! Slight temp rise this morning (from the last couple of days... but still not above the coverline, so hoping I didn't O yet. DH has very minimal sex drive and last night didn't go as planned Hoping we make it this month!

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#282 of 291 Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 AM

You can still use the free version of FF once your VIP membership expires. You still get to enter in all your info. I would suggest using it. I use the free version and it gets the job done. You can also go to tcoyf.com and they have a free beta version it is pretty neat to.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#283 of 291 Old 06-01-2010, 01:03 AM

oh my goodness... how stupid am i!!!! Thank you for saying something about that!! I thought I was done after the trail expired! Yay!!! Thank you!!!! I really thought everyone paid for VIP access... I am too cheap for that ha!

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#284 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 PM

Wow nobody's been writing?? haha. I was sure I would come back to PAGES of posts since I've been MIA for a few days... nope :-(

I just wanted to fill you all in on my gma's health. She is doing well for now. She has a heart block and they are evaluating her as to whether or not she will need a pacemaker. Overall she's still doing fine, but this has TOTALLY broken her spirit. She looks so frail all of a sudden when before we would laugh that she was the healthiest and happiest of all of us (at 87!). I feel so bad for her.

On another note. I wrote a few days ago about the fact that I might choose to go to school now and postpone babymaking... well, we did in fact decide that on Tuesday, but by wednesday morning I was so upset over the whole thing and disappointed that we said "this isn't worth it. Let's do what we REALLY want to do." So we decided to say to heck with it and go back to TTC. I'm on CD 6 right now so luckily we didn't miss anything exciting! :-)

Well, it's a good thing we decided that (and let me tell ya, fate wasn't gonna let me choose anything otherwise) because I finally just received my letter as to whether or not I got accepted into the Nursing Program at my school. I have a 4.0 and scored in the 95th percentile on my entrance exam and thought it was a sure thing.... well, turns out this year is the highest scores they've ever seen and I missed being accepted to the program by 9 tenths of a point... Can you believe that?? My application score was a 210.1 and the lowest score admitted this semester was a 211. So, like I said. I guess it's fate.

I've been having a rough day with this news since it feels like I've failed at something, but I keep reminding myself that this was a crazy FLUKE this year that people scored that well and that I was less than a point away from being there myself. And that I CHOSE not to go, not that I'm having a baby as a consolation prize since I didn't get in. I'm working on my attitude. Give me a day or so and I'll be back to normal.

Also, had my annual this morning and everything looks good. Also, my OB did a breast exam. She said she does them routinely at every annual exam because it can potentially catch problems early and it only takes a minute and it's free. I thought that was really cool. She is my new OB so I've never had her before. Does anyone else's OBs do this? Just curious. Well, sorry for taking up the whole page but I figure since no one has written in like 4 days no one would care. haha. Hope everyone's doing well and that you're not here because you all got BFPs and left me. :-) haha.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#285 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 PM

I always get a breast exam too. My cousin didn't get into her nursing program right away either. I think that's pretty common. My mom just told me she would watch my kids so I can go to school and get a career. I really should since I am 28. I really have no desire to though. It's kind of a problem because that means I will always be poor. My only interest is my kids really. I would like to do health education classes for young girls. Or maybe be a doula. Other than that, I don't know.

On another note, I had my results read and my hcg yesterday was 580. Is that low for 20 days pregnant? They said the results on friday need to be double. I hope this is a sticky bean.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#286 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 06:56 PM

My Dr. (FP) does for all women 18+ at their yearlies... and does 4 times per year with me (but my mom was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer at 41... so I have to start getting mammograms in 2 years anyway)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#287 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 06:57 PM

I always get a breast exam at my yearly as well. This is the second OB-GYN I've seen and they have both done it.

Erica - what kind of nursing program are you trying to get into?

#288 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleTX View Post
I always get a breast exam at my yearly as well. This is the second OB-GYN I've seen and they have both done it.

Erica - what kind of nursing program are you trying to get into?
ASN. Have all my pre-reqs and co-reqs done and only have core classes left. And did I mention I have a 4.0?? It's so frustrating. Supposedly admittance to the program is only based on grades from your 4 pre-req classes (anatomy, physiology, psychology and English Composition) and your TEAS test score (entrance exam). I know for a fact I have a better score than 2 other people, yet they made it in... I'm learning very quickly all of the politics involved. I have heard rumors that males and minorities fill the first spots (as long as they have competitive scores) and that they would take a male/minority with a 200 over a white female with a 210, etc. I never believed it in the past but now I'm starting to... Don't want to jump to conclusions on that specifically, but what else could the explanation be why these other 2 people (one a minority one a male) made it in and I didn't. I could see it if there were an interview process or something else subjective, but the admissions process is based strictly on points. *sigh* I don't know. Again, I'm trying to let it go. But it's hard. And I guess overall I just feel like I could've half-assed this whole thing and gotten in eventually, but I have literally busted my ass SO MUCH to get a 4.0 (which doesn't matter unless I can graduate) and in the process have had to push my kids and husband to the back burner. I know I'm not the only one going through this, but it IS frustrating to think that I could've taken half my course load this last semester or not be taking summer school this summer so I could spend extra time with the family since I wont be in any rush anyway. aaaaghhhh ok. done. enough obsessing about it.

I know there are a few other nurses/nursing students here. Feel free to pipe in any time. :-)

Also, glad to hear you're all getting breast exams. However, I'm a little creeped out by the fact that this is my first one... EVER! What the heck have my other doctors been doing?? Serves to prove once again that my old doctors were IDIOTS and further proves that my prior 2 c-sections through them were unnecessary. Just add that to the list of 500 other things that these guys didn't do properly.

Ok I swear, enough VENTING! haha. Just a really rough day. Met with my OBGYN who once again told me that she will not allow a trial of labor and will require a scheduled c-section. Which is the biggest reason I'm using a homebirth midwife. But hearing it again, plus coming home to my rejection letter have just done me in. Plus my husband has 2 tests today for one of his classes so he's been gone at the library studying all day. And my kids must SENSE that I am weak and are taking advantage. haha. They have an innate sense for that huh? lol. I asked my 2 year old to take it easy on me and she said "yea cuz you need sleep, you're grumpy" haha. which made me laugh... which made my 1 year old laugh... which made my 2 year old laugh. :-) Which made me feel better.

#289 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
Wow nobody's been writing?? haha. I was sure I would come back to PAGES of posts since I've been MIA for a few days... nope :-(
That might be because this is the May thread and there is a new June thread. Silly lady

I am glad to hear you decided to TTC afterall, can't wait to see you finally in a DDC! Yay for CD6 btw, now you can have a few glasses of wine after the kids go to bed

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#290 of 291 Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 PM

I will finish my ADN in August and I SO know what you mean about the politics of it all. Our acceptance was based entirely on our pre-reqs - no entrance exam, no interview, nothing. I was shocked when I didn't get accepted the first time I applied - I called and was told that people qualifying for special programs (i.e. the gov't is paying) were put in spots before others, regardless of grades. I called several different people about it and, wouldn't you know, I ultimately got a call saying they made a "mistake" and I was acceptd afterall. Funny how raising a stink can change things sometimes. I chose a community college for my ADN because I already have a BA and a bunch of loans from that, so I wanted a cheaper route this time. Just my luck, the semester I started they began a "nursing program fee" of $700 tacked on to my tuition. I will never be so glad to finally be finished.

I've had a rough week too. I got AF on Monday - day 18 of high temps. I was so sure this was my month, but no. My OB referred me to a RE, so I called and my insurance covers absolutely none of it. They want $490 for my first appointment (ultrasound and bloodwork). The girl I talked to at the RE said I should call my OB and have them do the tests under a different insurance code so insurance would cover it, since I've not been diagnosed officially with infertility. I called and my regular OB is out, but his partner said she wouldn't do it because she would have to put infertility as the reason. So we're back to square one. I'm half tempted to call my doc and ask for a prescription for Clomid and just pay for it out of pocket. I just feel like they aren't doing very much to help me. When I went to see him about it in March he just said I didn't have any risk factors for infertility, so he wanted me to see an RE. No blood work, no ultrasounds, just a referral. If insurance covered that, fine, but it doesn't, and we're not in a position to spend a lot of money out of pocket at the moment.

Sorry, just venting. I think it's just been a hard week because it has been exactly a year since we've started trying.

#291 of 291 Old 06-04-2010, 01:23 AM

GaleTX- wow sounds like you're going through a rough time right now!! That really stinks. Can you just wait a bit and talk to your regular dr and see what he/she says? And that is TOTAL BS about not changing the codes. I've had offices do that for me before for bloodwork. My insurance company wouldn't pay for anything maternity because it did not cover pregnancy. Well my first OB dr appt happened to be the same week as my annual exam so they combined it into one dr appt and then wouldn't cover anything. not the pap, not any bloodwork, NOTHING. I had to fight like hell until they eventually changed the dates of service and separated them out so that it could get covered. Also, is there another dr you could go to that you could request bloodwork and ultrasound for something else? lol. Like tell them you think you have _____ and you wanna do bloodwork to confirm? I know that's sneaky but sometimes you have to be sneaky to get what you need... I'm sorry you guys are having issues. You know what they say, as soon as you "give up" that's when it happens. Maybe take a little vacation from ttc for a while and just be "normal" and see what happens?

As for nursing school, I'm also at a community college for kind of the same reason. Except my biggest motivator is that all of thehospitals in the area prefer graduates of my school because it's notoriously known for producing good nurses. People in the field say that Ivy Tech (where I go) nurses really know the hands on stuff and other grads from 4 year institutions etc have more book learning down but not necessarily the practical knowledge right off the bat. They also really push (and pay for) the ADN to BSN transition degree so that by the time you finish the transition it's timed pretty perfectly with when you'd be ready to move into a managerial position anyway. *sigh* anyway, I REALLY want to raise a stink about it just based on principle.... but, since I dont intend on starting now anymore anyway, I guess it's kind of pointless. But- if they try to pull this crap in 2 years when I apply again I'm gonna be PISSED (that's right, ALL CAPS!) haha.

Well, I can't believe I'm so crazy and missed the June thread. Did anyone post it somewhere? I think that's why I missed it. haha. I'll do a quick search for it. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and having a fresh start and a new outlook! :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page