**TTC in our 20's May** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My period is late. At least, I think it is. I'm pretty sure. Maybe.

Ahh!
#62 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 03:08 PM

I think I O'd early this month :-( I think I missed it. I started temping late because I was in finals week and not getting good sleep so the temps can't necessarily confirm. But the first few days I took my OPKs i got a faint line but not positive (yet, so I thought) then on like the 3rd day it totally 100% disappeared. and I've had no line since. But that would mean I o'd on like cd 9 or 10 which just sounds CRAZY!! I'd been having 46-48 day cycles, last month it all of a sudden goes back to 27 days and now this?? ahhh so frustrated! I really hope I didn't miss it this month because I was so excited to get to start ttc now! Well, enough boo hoo'ing for me for the day. My son Deklan turned a year old yesterday *tear* I can't believe he's already a year old. Also, my 2 yr old daughter keeps telling me she wants to have a baby girl. And I say "you want mommy to have a baby girl?" And she says "no, I want to" haha. It's cute. Something else that's funny: She's so used to seeing me pee in a cup to do my OPKs or HPTs and one day she came in the bathroom with me and was talking/sitting on the tub and she leaned over and grabbed an empty cup (the kind I normally pee in) and goes "You need one of these Mommy?" haha sooo stinkin cute. Poor thing is gonna think you always have to pee in a cup though. lol.

Have a great day ladies!! :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#63 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

I'm out!

#64 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post
I'm out!

Congratulations!!!!! That was quick! I need some of that baby dust over here lol.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#65 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I'm out!

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! How long were you here??

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#66 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Congratulations!!!!! That was quick! I need some of that baby dust over here lol.
Thank you! I'll gladly send some sprinkles your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! How long were you here??
Less than a week. Turns out I was already knocked up. Who knew? Certainly not me. I still can't quite believe it. Going by my last period I should be due Jan. 12th, but that could change, I know. That means I'm almost three weeks pregnant. This is insane!
#67 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Going by my last period I should be due Jan. 12th, but that could change, I know. That means I'm almost three weeks pregnant. This is insane!
You start by your last period, not the day of conception...

you are 4 weeks, 2 days pregnant.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#68 of 291 Old 05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
You start by your last period, not the day of conception...

you are 4 weeks, 2 days pregnant.
You're right. Duh! I was looking at the calendar, trying to figure out what day this must have happened on. FF is telling me the 21st, but I'm leaning towards the 18th.

Wow. 4 weeks. Yikes!
#69 of 291 Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Maeryn, should you use that calculation if your cycles are longer than the "norm"?

Leigh, congratulations!

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#70 of 291 Old 05-08-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
You're right. Duh! I was looking at the calendar, trying to figure out what day this must have happened on. FF is telling me the 21st, but I'm leaning towards the 18th.

Wow. 4 weeks. Yikes!
Wow Oh my Gosh!!! Congratulations!!!! That WAS really quick. lol. Sticky bean dust headed your way! :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#71 of 291 Old 05-08-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
Maeryn, should you use that calculation if your cycles are longer than the "norm"?

Leigh, congratulations!
For people with longer cycles I'm pretty sure the most accurate way to calculate is to add 38 weeks to your date of conception (if you know it). Since technically pregnancy weeks start the day the follicle begins the last phase of maturation.... :-) Hope this helps!

#72 of 291 Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
Wow Oh my Gosh!!! Congratulations!!!! That WAS really quick. lol. Sticky bean dust headed your way! :-)
Thank you. It is quick considering how long I've been here, but we've been "trying" for over six months now. It's funny - just when I started to freak out about it and came here for help I was too stressed out and/or getting too many conflicting signals from my body to comprehend that I already was pregnant!

I shoulda known. (I'm imagining this with a very specific accent, but for the life of me can't think of what it is.) Ah, well.
#73 of 291 Old 05-08-2010, 01:35 PM

Congrats Leigh!!!!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#74 of 291 Old 05-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
if you know when you ovulate, your last period is 14 days before ovulation... even if it wasn't. (Mine was off by one day, so I adjusted a tiny bit telling them my LMP and so my doctor goes by the same due date based on LMP as I go by based on ovulation)

So nonetheless, 2 weeks after ovulation is 4 weeks pregnant.

Otherwise you will confuse the heck out of your poor doctor lol.

Also... if you do this and they ask you how long your cycles are, say 28 days even if they arent. This only means that they are adjusting the LMP themselves.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#75 of 291 Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies and Mommies to be!!

#76 of 291 Old 05-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Congratulations, Leigh!! Happy Mommies-to-be Day

I want to test today sooooo bad (I'm 11 dpo) but I have no tests and I feel like AF is on the way so...I'm going to sit on my hands and wait.

Wife since '04 Mama to a 2yo dd TTC#2
#77 of 291 Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I am officially back in Cali, so I'll be around more than I have for the last week and a half. By the way, my vacation was really great.

A little bummed that I am not PG on mother's day, but so excited for all the BFP'S around here.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#78 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Leigh, congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJazzy1 View Post
Congrats Leigh!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1231 View Post
Congratulations, Leigh!! Happy Mommies-to-be Day
Thanks so much all, especially considering I am (was?) brand-new here. DF is in the know now so it's beginning to finally feel real to me. Yesterday was the best Mother's Day EVAR, thanks in no small part to this little miracle that has begun making me pee every ten minutes or so. I know my head is still in the clouds because it's annoying me yet, it's still making me giddy.
#79 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM

I finally figured out how to get my chart on here. Please add it to my name http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5c92

Monday Check-In: Look at this
Name: Briana
Date: May 10th
Chart:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5c92
Where are you in your cycle: 13
Appointments: None at the moment
Symptoms if they apply: Slight Cramping
Testing: Not yet
Thoughts:

Hey ladies, I need a couple of opinions this morning. Please keep in mind I PCOS and have never had a normal cycle in my life(naturally anyway). Ok so check out my chart for this cycle. I had a normal light spotty AF at the begining of this cycle and then on CD 9 I had a very heavy AF with chuncks(not huge, probably smaller but I haven't seen this in years) and I figured this would reset my chart but it didn't. Any ideas anyone. If my chart is not resetting I should be Oing today or in the next few days.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#80 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Monday Check-In:
Name: Jasmine
Date: 5/10/10
Chart: My Chart
Where are you in your cycle: 4 DPO
Appointments: NA
Symptoms if they apply: I am very emotional but I do not know if that is a "symptom" or not, I am trying not to read in to things. Sharp pains in my boobs. Increased sex drive.
Testing: Not for a while.
Thoughts: None really.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#81 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Wow I missed a lot. Congrats on all the BFPs LADIES!!!!

Name: Krystal
Chart:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/sweetmama261
Where are you in your cycle: 3DPO
Appointments: Sometime in June or so they tell me.
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Not even going to this cycle I don't think
Thoughts: Just right frustrated right now that's all.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#82 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: Kristin
Date: 5/10
Chart:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/nintendork (please add my chart when you get a chance)
Where are you in your cycle: CD14
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: taking OPKs twice a day
Thoughts: This is my first month charting but I think I am headed towards ovulation! Woowoo! Almost done with all of my finals, working very hard at being relaxed and Zen about it all.

#83 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

updated to here

EDD 1/14/2011
#84 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: Julie
Chart: N/A
Where are you in your cycle: CD 30
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: hungry constantly (maybe cause I have been working a TON!) tatas still sore on the under sides of them... if that makes sense.
Testing: Tested today....... Actually got SOMETHING to show up on the test... please tell me what you think!!! http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=7152
Thoughts: Thoughts? Well, I'm not stupid... I see that the speck of a line I got is actually closer than other BFPs i've seen... but it's the first of anything I've seen on a test. It came up almost instantly after peeing on it. It doesn't look as good on the pic as it does in my hand... it's quite dark and comes down from the top of the window to where you see it. Thinking maybe it could be the outskirts of the 2nd line? I'm just happy to see SOMETHING there. Anyone ever see anything like this before??

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#85 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post
Monday Check-In:
Symptoms if they apply: hungry constantly (maybe cause I have been working a TON!) tatas still sore on the under sides of them... if that makes sense.
Testing: Tested today....... Actually got SOMETHING to show up on the test... please tell me what you think!!! http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=7152
Thoughts: Thoughts? Well, I'm not stupid... I see that the speck of a line I got is actually closer than other BFPs i've seen... but it's the first of anything I've seen on a test. It came up almost instantly after peeing on it. It doesn't look as good on the pic as it does in my hand... it's quite dark and comes down from the top of the window to where you see it. Thinking maybe it could be the outskirts of the 2nd line? I'm just happy to see SOMETHING there. Anyone ever see anything like this before??
I see this teeny speck up at the top, but I don't really see a line.

EDD 1/14/2011
#86 of 291 Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Monday Check-In:

I don't see a line but I also have weird light at my desk, but I do see that speck. Do you have a dollar store nearby?

#87 of 291 Old 05-11-2010, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i kiiindof see a line... i def see the dot at the top in the right place, and mayby a line extending down.

good luck POAS tomorow!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#88 of 291 Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
I finally figured out how to get my chart on here. Please add it to my name http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5c92

Name: Briana
Chart:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5c92
Where are you in your cycle: 13
Appointments: None at the moment
Symptoms if they apply: Slight Cramping
Testing: Not yet
Thoughts:

Hey ladies, I need a couple of opinions this morning. Please keep in mind I PCOS and have never had a normal cycle in my life(naturally anyway). Ok so check out my chart for this cycle. I had a normal light spotty AF at the begining of this cycle and then on CD 9 I had a very heavy AF with chuncks(not huge, probably smaller but I haven't seen this in years) and I figured this would reset my chart but it didn't. Any ideas anyone. If my chart is not resetting I should be Oing today or in the next few days.
This has been happening to me the last several cycles... I spot for 9-10 days intermittently before I get my full-blown period. I've had irregular cycles and such too, but they have not tested me for PCOS yet. Good luck!!!

Quote:
Monday Check-In:
Well, I definitely see the speck, and for a second I thought I could see a line... Not sure, for now just get excited about getting to test again and be sure to let us all know what happens!!! :-)

#89 of 291 Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: EricaRN
Date: 5/11/10
Chart: fertilityfriend.com/home/EricaRN
Where are you in your cycle: CD 20, 1DPO?
Symptoms if they apply: This cycle has been very weird again, not very much EWCM, low sex drive (which could just be cuz I'm nervous) and only slightly + OPKs, with no definite +....
Testing: I've been taking OPKs once a day (not twice/day like normal since I haven't had EWCM like I normally do, which is my first indication (usually) that ovulation is near. Have gotten all -, with my best + yesterday morning... so for now I used yest. as a + OPK and made a note that it wasn't all the way dark. By this morning it was virtually gone again. *sigh*
Thoughts: This is our first month of officially TTC. I am REALLY excited and it's all just coming together so nicely.... Now if only my body would agree. Last month was the PERFECT cycle for me to conceive (physiologically) because it all happened like clockwork. But we were still avoiding (stinks)... I hope I still manage to pull this out this month because it would be so much nicer if it happened now than in the next few months since I ALWAYS get hit with horrible morning sickness and we're planning a 2 week vacation (driving) to Montana from Indiana (24 hr drive) and I will be driving the whole way.... so it would be nice to be mostly done with M/S by then... LOL> but I'll take it either way! :-) Hope everyone's having a nice week. The weather here stinks but is starting to warm up again. Baby dust to everyone!!!

#90 of 291 Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 AM

May I join?

I'm 27, and we're (soon) trying for #2. Our son just turned 1.

[Wednesday] Check-In:
Name: Sweet.Bee
Date: 12 May 2010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172
Where are you in your cycle: CD32, 14DPO
Appointments: None.
Symptoms if they apply: Spotting and cramping and temps plunged.
Testing: Haven't and won't, as I expect to start a new cycle tomorrow maybe.
Thoughts: This was my first cycle off the pill, and I'm happy I ovulated on CD18 and had (at least) a 14-day LP. We weren't really trying this cycle, but I'm still disappointed that I'm not pregnant.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page