TheDivineMrsM
lawmama1984
Hopefuljo
mumma cop kaz

March BFPs
MamaFern
St. Margaret
loonar

If you would like to be added to our group or moved please make your request in bold. In an effort to keep the list organized and up to date, your name may be removed if you have not posted to this thread in two months.

Monday Check-In:
Name:
Date:
Chart:
Where are you in your cycle:
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts:

See less See more
#102 ·
Funny moment of the day (technically last night):

I am not so good at peeing on a stick so I typically go in a little cup when taking OPKs and what not. Anyway, last night I did my business in my little plastic cup and went to do the test when BLAM-O! I dropped it.

Tinkle...went...EVERYWHERE!!!

I was so shocked when it happened that I guess I let out a little scream because next thing I know my husband is coming up the stairs yelling "Is everything okay up there?" to which I yell back "don't come up here!!! Oh god, don't come up here!" lol, so yeah after nearly a full roll of paper towels, half a can of lysol bathroom cleaner and a long foot bath the mess is all cleaned up and I am still laughing about it.

#103 ·
What is the difference between the soy isoflavones you are all talking about and just plain old soy? My vitamin/protein powder has soy in it, but I'm guessing that's not the same? Is it just a matter of the amount of soy consumed?

#104 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
What is the difference between the soy isoflavones you are all talking about and just plain old soy? My vitamin/protein powder has soy in it, but I'm guessing that's not the same? Is it just a matter of the amount of soy consumed?
I wasn't sure either so I looked it up. According the the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University:

"Isoflavones are a class of phytoestrogens-plant-derived compounds with estrogenic activity. Soybeans and soy products are the richest sources of isoflavones in the human diet." (http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...micals/soyiso/)

The research there also supplies a really great table (a little more than halfway down the page under the heading "Sources") that lists the amount of soy isoflavones in different commons food sources, in mgs.

Based on that information I would say that yes, you are getting soy isoflavones by eating products rich in soy. HTH.

#105 ·
I gotta say, as repetitive as this may be on a TTC forum, I was extremely sad to see AF today. I'm thankful my cycle was the normal 30 days is SHOULD be. Last month I was almost completely convinced I was pregnant because I had spotting for 2 days around the time implantation would've typically occurred... and I've never spotted between periods since I was 13!

This month I'm going to tackle taking my temps. I even went to the library today and checked out TCOYF. I'll read more tonight, but is there any quick suggestions to offer up so I get this right? Also, sometimes I work 1 hr earlier than other days, should I start temping at the earliest time I will be awake (3:30 am) ?

Thank you in advance!
Julie

#106 ·
Always temp the earliest that you will be waking up and temp at the exact same time if at all possible. Make sure and get 3 hours of sleep before you temp.

#109 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
hmmm, I am very distrustful of blue dye tests.
That's been the consensus... DH is bringing a digi test when he gets off work.

#111 ·
Quote:

YAY! I just read that in your other post (sorry about the cross post, I always come here first) My fingers and toes are all crossed for you!
I'm due tomorrow...I've been craving a certain candy...I had funny "pains" a few days ago in my ovary area...

#112 ·
Quote:

"Isoflavones are a class of phytoestrogens-plant-derived compounds with estrogenic activity. Soybeans and soy products are the richest sources of isoflavones in the human diet." (http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...micals/soyiso/)

The research there also supplies a really great table (a little more than halfway down the page under the heading "Sources") that lists the amount of soy isoflavones in different commons food sources, in mgs.

Based on that information I would say that yes, you are getting soy isoflavones by eating products rich in soy. HTH.
Interesting. Thanks for the link. I read the container of my vitamin powder, and it's 50% soy. So, with the suggested serving of ~30g, that's 15g. But somehow I doubt that means 1500mg of soy isoflavones because then wouldn't I be popping out like 10 eggs at that dose?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
That's been the consensus... DH is bringing a digi test when he gets off work.
Good luck! BTW, my little boy was also born in April of 2009.

#115 ·
Quote:

I'm out!!! Positive pregnancy test this morning!

I posted on the other thread to. Congrats!!! See ya around

Hey I am always wondering(if you do not mind answering) how long were you TTC this one? Did you do anything special like soy iso or IVF?

#117 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
I posted on the other thread to. Congrats!!! See ya around

Hey I am always wondering(if you do not mind answering) how long were you TTC this one? Did you do anything special like soy iso or IVF?
We've been trying a few months (4 I think?) I didn't do anything special. It was like that when I got pregnant with DS. A few months of "not being safe" and bam...

#118 ·
Quote:

We've been trying a few months (4 I think?) I didn't do anything special. It was like that when I got pregnant with DS. A few months of "not being safe" and bam...
Thanks for sharing and congrats again!!

Here is my question for everyone

Ok I was going to start the soy iso's last night because I know I am going to have a horribly long cycle and FF still doesn't think i have Oed. My Chart. I know most of you have looked at it recently because I keep obsessing about this. Ok so I had the bottle in my hand took of the seal and then decided to read everything on the bottle and it says not for pregnant or breastfeeding women(which im not). I know I am not pregnant but this little voice in my head said "WHAT IF". Of course I tried to talk to my husband and he didn't really care and he had no answer. So do you guys think I should go ahead and start them tonight or do you think I alread O'ed this month. We haven't even DTD enough to be prego, I do not even know why I got scared. So that is why I am turning to you lovely ladies for support and advice.

My husband think my PCOS just disappeared after DD but it didn't I just had a mirena for 3 years and BF for two so they symptoms were not that noticable.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I will quite bugging you guys once I have a normal cycle.

#119 ·
Quote:

So do you guys think I should go ahead and start them tonight or do you think I alread O'ed this month. We haven't even DTD enough to be prego, I do not even know why I got scared. So that is why I am turning to you lovely ladies for support and advice.
No, dont take them. You are supposed to take them just after AF, you really could screw something up if you take them elsewhere in your cycle.

That said...

Quote:
We haven't even DTD enough to be prego
if you have DTD ONCE this month, youve DTD enough to possibly be pregnant if you have Oed and didnt catch it on your chart.

#120 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
No, dont take them. You are supposed to take them just after AF, you really could screw something up if you take them elsewhere in your cycle.

That said...

if you have DTD ONCE this month, youve DTD enough to possibly be pregnant if you have Oed and didnt catch it on your chart.
Thanks for the support. Here is to waiting for AF!! I do not think I have ever looked forward to AF like I am now.

#121 ·
Quote:

Thanks for the support. Here is to waiting for AF!! I do not think I have ever looked forward to AF like I am now.
If you were even to O today/tomorrow/the next day... you have DTD recently enough to end up pregnant.

Have fun, enjoy the rest of the cycle, just DTD every other day!

#124 ·
I just wanted to pop on (I have been MIA lately) and let you all know that I just got a BFP today
I am beyond excited.....but still very cautiously optimistic after our previous loss in March. So anyway, for now you can add me to the BFP's!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.