MAY 30-Something Mamas TTC #2 or more!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 373 Old 05-01-2010, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to May 30-something mamas
TTC #2 or more

Let's Celebrate Mothers Day by Getting Pregnant!!

Our Members
alireb
aon1974 (Ant)
Beth1231
BunnyMcFluff (Cami)
bunziemom (Dee)
canadaap (April)
dollyanna
emski4379
EhveesMom
forthekids123
Gabesgrrrl (Marcie)
geek_the_girl
geo_girl (Charlene)
heavensearth (Serena)
IntrovertExtrovert
jenger
JonahRoo
justthinkn
kimmie_n_angus
Kokopelli-mana
lilmom
lonegirl (Pat)
Lousli
love_r4ks (Andrea)
mclisa (Michelle)
milosmomma (Jessica)
Mirta (Kym)
mom2fussy
Mama~Love (Mollie)
mamalove1
mommytoallh
MrsHin2002 (Karen)
Myk
segrau (Sarah)
TulsiLeaf
Tulpen88 (Callie)

(new members will be added, just post and say hi)

success stories!

In May
mom2fussy
Myk
segrau

In April
Qbear’smama
Lindsey8
apmama07

In March
Frisbee
turtlejd
rachwms

the very helpful list of abbreviations!

2ww/tww - 2 week wait (after ovulating and waiting for af or pregnancy)
af - aunt flo (your period)
ai - artificial insemination
afm - as for me
bbt - basal body temperature or basal body thermometer
bd - baby dance
beta - blood pregnancy test, come in quantitative (gives you a #) or qualitative (yes/no)
bfn - bald-faced negative/big fat negative
bfp - big fat positive
cd - cycle day, usually followed by a number, cd1 first day you get your period
cl - coverline, when charting, the temp you need to be over to indicate ovulation
cm - cervical mucous
co - cervical opening
cp - cervical position
crosshairs - lines on your chart. Vertical/ovulation day, horizontal/temp coverline.
Dpo - days past ovulation
dt – dollar tree test (home pregnancy test)
dtd - doing the deed
e2 - estrogen
ecm or ewcm – egg white cervical mucous (the most fertile kind)
edd - estimated due date
endo - endometriosis, can sometimes cause infertility
epo - evening primrose oil
gio - get it on
fam - fertility awareness method
ff - fertility friend
fmu - first morning urine
frer - first response early result (pregnancy test)
hh9 or h&h9 - healthy and happy nine months
hpt - home pregnancy test
hsg – hysterosalpingogram (a test for diagnosing tubal infertility)
iui - intrauterine insemination
ivf - in vitro fertilization
kha - keep(ing) hope alive
lmp - last menstrual period
lp - luteal phase
m/c - miscarriage
o - ovulation
opk - ovulation predictor kit
p4 - progesterone
pcos - polycystic ovaries (often causes infertility)
poas - pee on a stick
pp - post partum
ppaf - post-partum aunt flo
re - reproductive endocrinologist
sticky vibes - vibes for a pregnancy to "stick" (carry to term)
tcoyf - taking charge of your fertility
tmi - too much information
tom - time of the month
tta - trying to avoid
ttc - trying to conceive

this is open to additions!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#2 of 373 Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Happy May!

I've been a bit out of touch for the last week, but I am BACK!

Still temping...my temps are all over the place, but I'm hoping I'll see a shift next week. It funny though, remember last month I commented that all of my temps seemed significantly lower than everyone else's? This month my temps are all higher. If you look at last month's chart, I barely hit 97* until after I o'd. This month, half my temps have been over 97. Weird. I wonder why that is...

Beth1231 & TulsiLeaf- I've added you ladies to the list!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#3 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 12:00 AM
myk

hooray for may! the snow is gone, the grass is greening up..

ok i live in a part of canada that has more snow than sun, so that may not make sense to some of you that i'm so happy about it this week.

also happy about this week: figured out fertility friend a little better, and i'm happy to say i'm 3DPO now! woo hoo! i don't think my chances are great this month but who knows.

have a great BFP month everybody!

January 2011
#4 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 12:02 AM
myk

ok so how do i set it up so the "see my chart" icon in my sig becomes a link to my chart?

January 2011
#5 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

CD6 for me... I finally got some EPO yesterday and started taking it. I really hope it helps! Yesterday I confirmed what I've been suspecting for a while... my milk is pretty much gone for DD. We just nurse once a day... IDK, it just made me feel sad, and that much more ready for another baby, as DD and I are definitely shifting to a new stage.

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#6 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Marcie (Gabesgrrrl)!!!!! She posted her BFP yesterday in the April thread. As much as I'd like some more BFPs on the April list, I think this gives us a good start for May!!!!!

Myk- I grew up in VT and totally understand the "woohoo! no snow!" feeling of May. Now I'm in GA, where it's more "Oh, thank goodness it's getting cooler" feeling of October.

justthinkn- Totally understandable that you're sad. And I can definitely see how that would make you even more ready for another baby! I hope this is your month!

#7 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Myk- I linked your chart to the master list.

#8 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Congrats, Marcie! Wishing you a HH9!

#9 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Congrats Marci!

afm, 13dpo, bfn with fmu (frer) Oh well ...
I guess 60 "pregnancy points" from ff and a pretty neat chart is just a bunch of crap. I'm trying very hard to not feel sorry for myself. Eventually it will happen right? Off to cycle 8 in a few days.

ok, I think I feel better now

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#10 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Amy- It ain't over til it's over! Either way, we're all here to cheer you on.

#11 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Congrats Marci!!!! So exciting to start the month off and already have a BFP!!!! Hopefully that is a sign of lots more to come for our group this month!!!
#12 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Yay to Marcie!!!

Here's to lots of BFPs this month!!

AFM: If you look at my chart www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dfb42 I really hope that is maybe a promising dip for today! We'll see what tomorrow brings.
If AF doesn't show by mother's day I will be testing then. Right now it is all about wait and see...either way.

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#13 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 01:26 PM
myk

congrats marcie!

milosmama: thanks for linking my chart!

justthinkn: i remember when my milk dried up and how it was kind of a bittersweet moment. saying goodbye to such a wonderful chapter is hard. welcome to the next chapter

mommytoallh: hang in there, maybe you'll still get a nice surprise

January 2011
#14 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM

Congrats Marcie! Hopefully more of us will be joining you, shortly.

I'm at the end of my 2ww. AF is due in a couple of days, and I've been having problems with determining my ovulation with just cm. I actually bought some opk's and they came in the mail yesterday. I want to have hope for this month, but our last BD was 6 days before o, if my ewcm was a correct indicator, and I think it's pretty unlikely that May will be my month. Or, at least, early May probably won't be.

I want to be excited for this month, since my dad called me a couple of days ago asking out of the blue if I was pregnant. I mean, he knows that we're trying and all, but he called because he had a dream that he bought me a crib. I also got a cold sore, and the last time I had one was when I was pregnant with DS. But other than those two (not likely) indicators, I haven't had much in the way of early preg symptoms. I have slightly sore breasts today, but that's probably because AF is coming. No early cramping, no implantation bleeding.

I have decided to plan as though I might not be pregnant for a while. I just joined a really rigorous gym, took down my son's old crib, and stocked up on wine from a local vineyard for the summer. It's been solid 10 months of trying for our little girl via Shettles, and I'm ready.

I did just quit bf in December, so I should give myself some time with full fertility restored before I get too frustrated, but I'm waiting for my baby, dammit!

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
#15 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 PM

Guess what, ladies?? I got a BFP!!

We've been trying for well over a year, including seeing an RE, & I was getting ready to focus on the infertility forum instead of TTC.

DH & I were completely shocked. I had EVERY usual symptom of PMS at the usual time & felt like AF was going to start any minute, but she never showed up. I'm very regular, but as of today AF is 3 days overdue. So I took a FRER this morning & it immediately came up a dark positive! I'm still trying to get over the shock, especially since my only symptom is sore breasts... the total opposite of how I felt with DS.

My best wishes for success to all of you!!!
#16 of 373 Old 05-02-2010, 11:54 PM

mom2fussy, congrats!!!! I am sooo happy for you!!! Hard to believe today is only the 2nd day of the month and we have already had 2 BFPS!!! hopefully this is a sign of lots more to come in this month for moms!!!

As for me, if I am nauseous tomorrow (my birthday) and CD 20, it will officially be one WEEK of dealing with daily nausea..Granted today and at least one other day, it was definitely most likely headache/migraine related since I had a migraine, but this is getting really old!! Also, if by some chance I am pregnant, this is a bad sign... since this could be the beginning of a really rough 3 months or so... With DS I my migraines improved and I only had rare nausea... there is still the possibility this is some sort of stomach bug, but the more days that pass the less likely that seems.. even with my body sometimes being bad about kicking things... Off to attempt to drug my migraine into oblivion.. (hate to do it, when TTC but if I don't there will be no sleeping for me.. )

Praying for all of you TTC, hoping all of us get to celebrate Mother's day with a new little one growing in us!!! (I know how hard it can be to celebrate mom's day when TTC and having gotten a BFN... (I had 7 years worth of those!)

Kym
#17 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations mom2fussy!!!!

#18 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 01:08 AM

Congrats Marcie and Mom2fussy!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic way to start out May!! Woo hoo!
Let's hope this trend continues!

I'm just over here on CD9..
#19 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 02:03 AM

Congrats mom2fussy! Gives me hope

#20 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 06:20 AM

Congrats, mom2fussy!

AFM: Fingers crossed! Yesterday I had a decent dip and this morning a nice spike up again! Please let it be an implantation dip!!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dfb42

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#21 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 AM

mom2fussy and Marcie - Congratulations! What a great start to May!

Amy - for you! I hope you get your BFP!

Pat - for your implantation dip!

OOops, DS just woke up. More later!

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#22 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 11:45 AM

I didn't bother testing today after yesterday's bfn. Maybe ff has my o date wrong. I could have had ewcm after o. It was just hard to tell with dh's contributions lol. I usually o later than cd16. Who knows. I guess I'll just hang out in limbo land. Frankly, I'm just tired if it all. I am doing so much better about putting my life on hold until it happens, so that's a very positive thing. I just have to keep reminding myself that it will happen if & when it's meant to. I'll update when I have something to update about.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#23 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Amy- I know it's hard, but you're right...it'll happen when it's meant to. Fingers crossed for you!

Pat-

Kym- Pregnant or not, I hope you feel better soon!

#24 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 12:25 PM

Congrats! to gabesgrrrl and mom2fussy

Thanks for the new thread milosmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoallh View Post

ok, I think I feel better now

Quote:
Originally Posted by segrau View Post
I want to be excited for this month, since my dad called me a couple of days ago asking out of the blue if I was pregnant. I mean, he knows that we're trying and all, but he called because he had a dream that he bought me a crib. I also got a cold sore, and the last time I had one was when I was pregnant with DS.
These exact things happened to me the last time i was preggo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2fussy View Post
Guess what, ladies?? I got a BFP!! We've been trying for well over a year, including seeing an RE, & I was getting ready to focus on the infertility forum instead of TTC.
This gives me so much hope! Iam hoping my little "tune up" of having my tubes flushed out and a cyst lasered out makes all the difference. Will O this wednesday so

Dee: Mommy to a 2 y/o boy, expecting a in July and married to my .
#25 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Dee - Have a fun week! I hope the HSG does the trick for you!

Amy - I looked at your chart to see if I thought FF got your O date wrong, and I thought it looked pretty accurate w/the CM and your cervical position. Just looking at the temp alone, I would guess an O date of CD18 or CD21. I have to say, I am very impressed with the amount of sex on your chart! I don't think DH and I could ever manage that!

Kym - Sorry about the migraine! That sounds awful. I hope you're feeling better.

segrau - I hope AF stays away for you! Have you considered throwing caution to the wind and TTC without following the Shettles method? Maybe something about the method isn't compatible with you guys. I don't know much about it, but I know it would be really frustrating for me to not TTC on fertile days.

Jessica - Thanks for the new thread!

AFM - I'm waiting for a temp rise. I think O day was yesterday or is today. I haven't had any O cramps yet, but sometimes I don't have them at all, or I have them a couple of days after O. I feel like we had pretty good timing this cycle though. that it worked! I may try to wait up for DH this evening if I can. He won't be home until after 10:30 tonight and I'm really tired... I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay up that late. Maybe if I go to bed in the buff, he'll get the idea and wake me up.

We had DS's second birthday party on Saturday and it was awesome. We rented a shelter at a park. All the kids had a great time playing. It was a ton of fun. I can't believe my baby is 2!

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#26 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
Amy - I looked at your chart to see if I thought FF got your O date wrong, and I thought it looked pretty accurate w/the CM and your cervical position. Just looking at the temp alone, I would guess an O date of CD18 or CD21. I have to say, I am very impressed with the amount of sex on your chart! I don't think DH and I could ever manage that!
I'm not sure I didn't have fertile cm after, there were a few days that were questionable, but I wasn't sure it was not just left over... well you know. I am confused by it all actually, but I guess I will know soon. A bfn at 13dpo doesn't feel too promising. I stopped putting in the sex, seems silly. My dh has a HUGE sex drive. It's mostly fun, but sometimes gets old. He was out of town for the beining of the cycle otherwise there would be more lol.

eta: Happy B-day ds!

#27 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Congrats marcie!

Way to go mom2fussy!

This is a great trend!

lonegirl: fingers crossed!!!

Tulpen88: hope you get your O soon! Baby dust to you!

I'm on CD 11. My cycles have been 35 then 28 then 33 days. So I think I will ovulate sometime between this Wednesday and next Wednesday. DH and I will be busy! I really want a boy, but I really want to be pg, so Shettles be darned!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#28 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM

forgot to subscribe...

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#29 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 06:13 PM

Tulpen88, thanks for the well wishes, but I think we're in for the long haul with Shettles. We conceived DS within 2 weeks of trying, so I'm pretty sure that I can do this if I'm just patient.

DH has never wanted more than 2 kids, and I have always wanted 4. We've been together nearly 10 years, and I've told him that the only way I could possibly call it quits after 2 is if we have one of each. So, in order to preserve peace in our marriage, we're sticking with the only form of gender prediction we can afford.

I sometimes worry that our blissful marriage could be rocked into an unstable position if we end up with a boy. I mean, I know I'd really press for another, and he'd really dig in his heels about it. We have certainly agreed that DS needs a sibling, and I'd rather have a healthy baby boy than no second child at all, but I'm not desperate enough yet to throw in the towel on Shettles.

I have met 6 other couples who have used Shettles to try for a girl. Four were successful, and the other two admitted that they just got frustrated with the wait and BD'd a day later than they should to up their chances. They upped their chances of conception, but drastically lowered their chances of getting a little girl that way.

I know Shettles isn't for everyone, and that some people look down on others who want to control the gender of the baby, but I don't see it as a negative thing. I have never thought that I'd be happy with a little family of 4, but I think I might be done if we can manage to end up with one of each. That leaves us with more resources to send our kids to college, have awesome family vacations, and make life a bit more comfortable than it would be without a financial cushion. It's also better for the planet, and I want to do everything I can to be a green individual without drastically affecting my happiness. DS is my whole world now, and I know my second child would be treasured no less.

Sorry for the novel. You it on something I have been thinking about a lot lately. In a year or so, I may be ready to give up and have my little boy, but I'm not there yet.

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
#30 of 373 Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Here is my chart, add it up if you can!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21c5ba

I am cd6 after a 95 day cycle the last time. UGH!

I'm even knitting a baby cardigan for good luck.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page