Bitter Sushi Ladies - May! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the May thread, ladies!!!!

most of us are former ttc 6+ month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can ttc again.

the name? well... We tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care . And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw . Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi + sake to console ourselves. This ttc business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... But we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.

some of us have gotten a little quieter lately... There is only so much you can post in the "i want to be pg, but i'm not" category. However we are here in spirit and most likely lurking!

trying to keep up with past bsls who have made it to the glorious other side? here is the current thread to stalk bsl grads in i'm pregnant. May we all move on to the i'm pregnant thread and eventually need a life with a babe thread!

~current bitter sushi ladies~

jenger - ttc #2 since August 2009

apricot - ttc since 11/08, m/c 4/09 and ectopic 12/09.

barefootgirl - ttc using clomid to combat anovulatory cycles, m/c at 5 weeks 11/09.

belovedk - mama of 2 (15yo ds, 10yo dd). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in central va. TTC someone new since november 2008, m/c 7/09. An avid bellydancer, and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her dh than ttc.

allison- mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers. Newlywed to david. Ttc our 1st together since 2005. Forever missing piper quinn. Just got through hsg and 1st round of clomid this month.

*christel* - ttc with dh for two years and two months. Trying clomid.

court - ttc #3 (dh's #1) since 08/08, madly in love with dh and my boys and raising our family in the pacific northwest. Tried 2 iui's, decided to try naturally, against all odds, with male factor for awhile, until moving onto ivf in the distant future.

enigo - has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

fierbugg - ttc #1 for 9 years, losses 8/00, 5/04, and 1/07. Currently on a ttc break, getting life back in order and awaiting hormone testing to help figure out what's going on!

finnegansmom - ttc #3 since july 2009, one 3 y/o, one 18 m/o and a recent in december of 09

grahnola mum - loving our wonderful family of me, dh and dd (12/07). Ttc #2 since 11/08 with four losses.

GrapesBunch - TTC #1 since August 2008

hsmamato2 - ttc for over 8 months and appreciative of a space to vent out that bitterness!

iheartmyfamily - ttc #1 for 14 months with one

jenniferadurham - Jennifer(28), married to my soulmate 'M'(36), DD(8), and DS(17 months.) We have been TTC since Nov '09 & have had 1 MC (3/7/10)

justkiya - married to my darling dh for 5.5 years, ttc#1 since march 2007, diagnosed with pcos in 06/08, on metformin since, one cp

kalamos23- TTC #2 since May '09 two 06/09 02/10

kel32brown- kellisue, upstate ny mama, warmly married to farmboy and raising 5 little ones.

Keria- TTC #1 since October 2008.

kparker - waiting to be ready. ttc #1 since 9/08 with male factor, now waiting to start in January with donor sperm!

ladyjools - i'm a 25 year old scottish girl with dh for nearly 6 years and ttc for 5. We lost our baby boy, samson, at 16 weeks in july and are now ttc again.

Laggie - TTC #1 since Fall 2009 with male factor issues

lapis - ttc #1 since August 2008. Living in a new country with a calmer lifestyle and trying not to get sucked into the ttc vacuum.

luvmywestie- ttc for 2 years with no clear diagnosis, m/c 10/08.

MahnaMahna- mama to 1 amazing son, ttc #2 for 8 months, natural parenting blogger

mamamerle- ttc #3 after taking 17 months to conceive #2. Hoping the magical clomid/gonal-f/iui combination will work again!

Maurine - Me 31; DH 33; married since 2006, TTC #1 since August 2009 w/ mild PCOS and Morphology 0%...trying a round of clomid and looking into IVF

mi_dawn - ttc a rainbow baby after losing baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

millefleur- a 33 year old aspiring baby mama in upstate ny. Happily unmarried to dp for 5 years. 9 week m/c 12/08. Ttc again since 6/09.

mksmith - Megan, TTC after a loss in 04/10.

nanette56 - wife (29) of 8 years to dh (31) , mother to ds (5), ttc #2 with pcos. One loss february 2010.

praying4baby - ttc #1 for over a year, loss late 2009.

rachwms - ttc #2 since 2006

rochelleann- ttc #2 since 2008 with loooong irregular cycles.

schae
- wife to t and mama to luka. M/c in 2007. Ttc #2 with pcos since 3/09, 2 m/c in 2009.

simplyrochelle - ttc #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

tear78 - 31 year old elementary school teacher. Married to hubby since 2006. Love camping, fishing, reading, and working in the yard at our beautiful new tiny little home. Ttc #1 since may 2008, m/c 12/08 and 2/09. Seeking medical help and trying to remember when hope was strong and healthy.

xtara2003x - ttc #2 since June 2009, one 3 y/o DD, and a at 9 weeks 03/20/10.

recent bfps!
stick little babies, stick, stick, stick....

xtara2003x - ttc #2 for 11 months! Mama to 3 y/o DD, a at 9 weeks and due in January 2011!
jessica_s - TTC #2 for 19 months, three angels, one awesome little boy and due in January 2011!
Qbear'smama - TTC#2 for 7 cycles. Due December 2010!!
kellyttc#1 - TTC#1 for almost 3 years! Due December 1st 2010.
yummyyumyummama - ttc #2 since 3/09 Due 11/22/2010!
jillc512 - ttc #3 since 9/08, due 5/1/10.
jelinifer - ttc #1 since 12/08, due 5/8/10.
starkyld - ttc #1 since january 2008, due 5/22/10.
rhiannon09 - ttc #1 since january 2008, due 6/?/10 with twins!
pinoikoi - ttc #5 for 6 months, due 6/21/10.
lisko15 - ttc #1 (or #3) for 14 months, due 6/26/10.
colorbywords - ttc #1 for 13 months, due 8/?/10.
lzp - ttc #1 for 17 months, due 8/10/10.
maerynpearl - ttc #3 (or #1) for 6 cycles over 2 years, due 9/14/10.
aidanraynesmom - ttc #? For 5 cycles over 14 months, due 9/?/10.
carlyle - ttc #2 for over 12 months, due 10/1/10.
lyndzies - ttc #1 for 10 months, due 10/4/10.

our happy graduates (from the 6+ thread)

minsca - seth ~ born 10/20/09 ~ 6 lbs 10 oz
kalishanti - zion merciful ~ born 11/22/09 ~ 7 lbs 11 oz
lauren 31 - after 15 months - due 02/08/10
valid28 - after 9 months - due 02/04/10
mrs_lurker - after 14 months - due 2/14/10

check in with us when you can, ladies!

and mrstc we are thinking of you and hope all is well. Pm one of us if you can!

(please let me know if your first page blurb needs to be updated in anyway. As well, new ladies are welcome, but please join with care.)

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#2 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 PM

thanks Apricot! thinking of you, how are you doing today?

and to everyone
#3 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks, Apricot! Huge, huge hugs to you!

So as of tonight hubby is going to change my password so I can't log on (per my request, btw) until I either get pregnant or get my period again. I know it means I can cheat and still lurk, but the point is I'm going to try to detox from TTC a bit. I'm going to super duper miss you ladies!!!! When I come back, you all be over on the other side, ok?

ps - can everybody please post the crap out of today, cause it's my last chance! lol...

pps - I'm feeling very sad today, not a good start. I hope this break gives me some healing.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#4 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 06:09 PM

tear; thinking of you and wishing you a relaxing month off... i'm sorry you are feeling so sad lots of understanding and love your way...
#5 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 07:08 PM

Tear I hope the next post from you is a big ol' BFP

Whatever will be, already is...

#6 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Hey Ladies...
I would like to joint the thread. I am Megan and just waiting to get AF after my missed mc at 13 weeks (had a D&C almost 4 weeks ago).

Megan--wife to DAKS geek.gif
Our rainbow1284.gif Baby "Cupcake" arrived 1/31/12

#7 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Can you change my blurb up there to something along the lines of starting in Jnauary using donor sperm, since the DH is no longer being a total punk

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#8 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
Can you change my blurb up there to something along the lines of starting in Jnauary using donor sperm, since the DH is no longer being a total punk

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#9 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lapis, thanks for the love and understanding! I needed it today.

Beloved, thanks for the good wishes!

mksmith I'm really sorry for your loss. Huge, huge hugs! these ladies are amazing.

kparker woohoo for your hubby de-punking! Sending you lots of love!

mae oops! We cross-posted. Miss ya, hon!

afm - ok...this is it (it's hard for me, can you tell?) Hubby is coming home now, and he's gonna lock me out. lol...It sounds weird, but I really think I need the help, and I think a forced TTC breather (but not TTA) is just the thing I need. See you ladies in a few weeks! Huge, monster hugs!!! enigo, I can't wait to log on again and see your squirming little bean ultrasound pics!!! and Lots of love!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#10 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
mae oops! We cross-posted. Miss ya, hon!

afm - ok...this is it (it's hard for me, can you tell?) Hubby is coming home now, and he's gonna lock me out. lol...It sounds weird, but I really think I need the help, and I think a forced TTC breather (but not TTA) is just the thing I need. See you ladies in a few weeks! Huge, monster hugs!!! enigo, I can't wait to log on again and see your squirming little bean ultrasound pics!!! and Lots of love!
please stalk the graduates thread sometime in the next two weeks (or have your sister let you know) I have my appointment tomorrow and we will be scheduling the ultrasound so we will finally know who is in there!

have fun and relax, that you have natural luck this cycle!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#11 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Thank you for the new thread Apricot!

Tear - have a WONDERFUL break, introduce some sperm to an egg, and surprise us soon with a BFP!

mksmith - for your loss. I hope your stay here is very short!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#12 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Tearrrrrrrrr don't go!!!
My ultrasound is on Friday. not to be negative, but I am not feeling very positive about it right now. Either way, I may take a break from MDC too. I need to find something else to think about.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#13 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it!
I am having a really hard getting over this mc. DH and I are "suposed" to have protected BD sessions, but I am refusing. I have not found any data that says the getting pregnant right after D&C has an increased chance of mc, and since we needed some minor fertility help I am doubting that we will get preggers on our own.

Megan--wife to DAKS geek.gif
Our rainbow1284.gif Baby "Cupcake" arrived 1/31/12

#14 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 PM

I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks also and was told that the wait is more for psychological reasons than for physical ones.

#15 of 370 Old 05-02-2010, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Megan - check out your blurb up top and let me know if you want changes. The only thing I advise my clients is that we'll need to do an early dating ultrasound if they conceive before a normal period, as long as there were no infection or bleeding complications.
Personally, we virtually could not use anti-baby steps when wanting a baby so much. It hurts. One midwife would still have us on TTA, after the ectopic pregnancy, while one OB told us it was fine. We're going with opinion #2.

Kparker - !!!!!!

Tear - good luck! Unmedicated cycles after medicated cycles are sometimes luckier than usual, due to the after effects of meds. Check in next month, k?

AFM - I'm a little drunk. Just a little. But it feels nice. I think something is up, with the false positive test and now a super heavy period with lots of cramping and other irregularities. At least I had a great cycle, progsterone-wise. Ugh. I need to know the answers that I can't have - should we pursue help? Will we get pregnant on our own in time? Should I have a hsg even though it's spendy and likely will not improve our chances at all? Do we even have a chance without IVF?

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#16 of 370 Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Thank you for the new thread Apricot!!!

Tear we're gonna missssssss youuuuuu!!! Well AF should be just around the corner me thinks. Hopefully soon. I can't wait to start my meds this month, this break is killing me! My RE is optimistic she can get me to O by CD14 this month by shooting up every day for 5 days instead of every other day (I'm not holding my breath) I'm getting excited about this coming cycle!!

Oh, and my Best Friend got her first beta back at 175! She went in for her second one today! I brought her a big gift bag full of baby stuff yesterday. It was all the baby clothes I'd been collecting for our little one. Soooo, I really should get pregnant this month right???

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#17 of 370 Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Hi ladies! I'm just getting this post in so I can sub and check in on you ladies. I'm probably 2 DPO right now, got in some BD'ing before I left! This is the first cycle really trying since January, so it's actually going pretty fast.

Hugs Tear I hope your break is great!

Apricot - that's just not even right. Although glad to hear progesterone was good!

Engio - Thinking about you and I hope everything goes perfectly normal!

Hi and love to everybody. Sorry for the drive by post!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#18 of 370 Old 05-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the new thread Apricot! I'm glad you got a little tipsy, I think it's good for the soul... I hope you are feeling good...

TEAR I will miss you and be thinking about you. I love how warm and friendly you are, even after you've been through the wringer.

Jessica - I am 3 or 4 dpo today, so we're tww buddies. I am not too obsessive, mostl because my lp is short enough (11-12 days) that by the time I am likely to get a bfp, I get a temp drop or af...

Anyway, I forgot to pee on a cbefm stick this morning... Its a waste anyway, as my peak is over, but what happens when I don't do it?

And, I feel a cold coming on...

I have had 4 really hard nights of sleep, 'cause my 3y/o daughter won't sleep without someone, and she keeps us awake... zzzzzzzzzzz

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#19 of 370 Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Jenger Hope you don't get sick, it's really going around right now. DS has a double ear infection and DH has a sinus infection. I'm a hand washing, anti-bacterial dousing fiend these weeks! And nothing happens when you don't POAS on the CBFM. It just asks for a stick the next day. I usually skip the first few days it asks for sticks, because I know it's too early for me to O, and I hate to waste them!

AFM CD1 Baseline U/S tomorrow morning. Hoping against all hope that there are no cysts, otherwise I have to go on the b/c this month. (Not that I'm completely against that idea, because I think it really really works, but I'm ready to jump back in again, and the thought of another whole month going by with no hope for an lo will probably have me ready to kill something. Or someone!)

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#20 of 370 Old 05-04-2010, 12:11 PM

I have been absent for a few days but wanted to drop in and give this nugget...

DH got this fortune in his fortune cookie yesterday: "A long term goal will soon be achieved!"

We were immediately both convinced it means I'm pregnant...

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#21 of 370 Old 05-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
I have been absent for a few days but wanted to drop in and give this nugget...

DH got this fortune in his fortune cookie yesterday: "A long term goal will soon be achieved!"

We were immediately both convinced it means I'm pregnant...
To me thats a great sign!

http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5373.jpg

#22 of 370 Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Oh my goodness! You have no idea the hope you've given me!

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#23 of 370 Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM

DF and I very much cherish our fortune cookies. Much more often than not we get creepily accurate ones... including ones that specifically say what day it happens.

#24 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 AM

GRAPES!!!!

Baseline U/S= ALLLLL CLEAR!

Starting my pills tomorrow and my injects on Saturday. I'll go in for another baseline u/s on Wednesday and see if any follies are growing

On another note, I'm still having doubts about this RE's office:

Nurse: "hey did you ever take Cipro for 7 days?"

"No, why? I took the other two antibiotics at the same time."

"Well your last blood test (a month ago mind you) showed that the infection was resistant to those two."

"Well no one called me to tell me that, or to give me a scrip."

"Oh, well just take it for 7 days now, along with the other stuff."

#25 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 10:59 AM

So I'm 10dpo and feeling nothing...I did just have to go to the bathroom really bad...like I barely made it...and that rarely happens...but I think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill! LOL!

I am one lucky lady!
#26 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
Jenger Hope you don't get sick, it's really going around right now. DS has a double ear infection and DH has a sinus infection. I'm a hand washing, anti-bacterial dousing fiend these weeks! And nothing happens when you don't POAS on the CBFM. It just asks for a stick the next day. I usually skip the first few days it asks for sticks, because I know it's too early for me to O, and I hate to waste them!
I TOTALLY GOT SICK!!! Ans kept working... yesterday, drove all around Western Washington, delivered 2 presentation WITH A FEVER! I didn't know how sick I was until it was too late. I have a serious cold, fever chills, totally congested, sneezing.
So, I guess (at 5dpo) I am probably out. (Now, please, someone step in and say that since the fertilized hasn't implanted, I'm in the clear...even if it was hot in there...please...)

Thanks Nanette, I am just not going to pee on the cbefm sticks until next cycle, when I won't start until later.

And, Nanette, Yippee for clear baseline! The office does sound scattered! I would be upset if someone causally asked me to take 2 rounds (or an extra round) of antibiotics, just 'cause they forgot to give me piece of information... I only take them when I HAVE to

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
So I'm 10dpo and feeling nothing...I did just have to go to the bathroom really bad...like I barely made it...and that rarely happens...but I think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill! LOL!
grapes, that's sort-of the ONLY sign I had with my daughter... All of the sudden, I had to pee all the time. fingersxed

#27 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
grapes, that's sort-of the ONLY sign I had with my daughter... All of the sudden, I had to pee all the time. fingersxed
LOL! Seriously, I've been to the bathroom 4 times this morning and I feel like I'm about to bust again...all I've had today is a bowl of cereal (I don't even drink the milk), 1 1/2 cups of coffee (which is about normal sometimes I have more), and a cupcake in celebration of my niece's birthday! Maybe it's nerves...

I am one lucky lady!
#28 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Hi all! Thanks for the new thread. I promise to check in later with personals but I am dashing off to my HSG.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#29 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
Baseline U/S= ALLLLL CLEAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
So, I guess (at 5dpo) I am probably out. (Now, please, someone step in and say that since the fertilized hasn't implanted, I'm in the clear...even if it was hot in there...please...)
How bad was your fever?

#30 of 370 Old 05-05-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
How bad was your fever?
Well, I was traveling all day, so couldn't check, but when I finally did, it was 101.39... Yep, under that 102 crucial point, but still worrisome...
Whacha think?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page