*The Fabulous ONE Thread - May 2nd to May 8th* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread - May 2nd to May 8th!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all TTCers on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
alireb
AmyPDX
Avasmomm
brunetta
BunnyMcFluff
CLH X3
finnegansmom
Hesperia
hollytheteacher
iheartmyfamily
jeminijad
jenniferadurham
Julie1014
karmab
Kyamo
LaceyBourke
lafemmedesfemmes
Lydiah
Maurine
maybe4babies
MI_Dawn
miriam_bat_avraham
mommytoallh
Moon Angel
Moonfireglow
outerspacemama
Ravin
Sarabravo
Spinnerette
sweetest77
SML27
Stevi
Tara2
Tear78
Tkgrl88
TulsiLeaf
tigerlily1
Vivica2
WTHamI?

Waiting to Know (2ww)
AdalynsMama
•Adorkable•
Aly22681
Beth1231
jenger
Keria
KingsDaughter76
MahnaMahna
MommyMatsumoto
myk
Phantaja
SommerdawnTTC1
Sweet.Bee
Tanikit
Tulpen88

Waitin' n Marinatin'

Waiting for Aunt Flo
lovebug

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating husband to be ready

M.Q.

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting to be Ready
Blanca78
HulaJenn
Lousli
MrsMike
sleepingbeauty
SimplyRochelle

~PREGNANT~

May BFPs!

annablue
DaddyM

April BFPs!!!!

mumma cop kaz
enigo
TheDivineMrsM
ema-adama
Apmama07
brichole1214

March BFPs!!!!!
Alesmama07
BarefootGirl
NortheastSuperstar
YummyYumYumMama

theirmommy
Sobranna

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#2 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Here we are. Should I keep the February BFP list or no?

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#3 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 07:01 PM

fm, no problem, girl! and thanks, mrs. mike! i think 86 the feb list, and add a may one.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#4 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 PM

I'm back home from our weekend trip.

Still no AF...I put this morning's temp in. I wonder what tomorrow will bring??

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#5 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 PM

SleepingBeauty... Thanks for the link.

MrsMike... Thank you for taking the thread. I got lost somehow... Can you put me in Waiting To Know?

AAM... Boring lunch date. Visted the old boyfriends kids. Now I'm depressed and tired. And, for some reason my right arm is kinda numb. It's fine when I just rest it on my leg, but when I use it, like for typing, it feels heavey and sluggish. That's all I need, something else to stress about.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#6 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Holy cow Mommytoall your chart looks awesome! Did you test today???

#7 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM

I pretty much have no idea what's going on with me. AF was due Friday but is still absent; however, I don't know if that means pregnancy since my body is probably still regulating itself (I stopped birth control four weeks ago.) Prior to bc I had a 26 day cycle, and I'm on CD 28 right now. But, like I said, don't know if that means anything.
#8 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the starting the new thread, MrsMike.

Annablue, when are you testing? When did you O this month?

I'm 11DPO but got a BFN this morning and a few hours ago I checked CM and there was a tiny dot of brown blood. I'll probably start spotting tomorrow or get AF full on. Booo. I am on the fence about calling my midwife and requesting bloodwork. This is only my 3rd cycle since the MC but I'm heading to the year mark shortly and being 38, I really can't be wasting a ton of time. I feel like I want to be proactive and take some control over the situation but then again, i don't want to actually confront that fact that maybe something is wrong. I guess 10 months isn't THAT long but it feels like an enternity....

Holly, your chart is crazy....so your 15 DPO? Wow...are you testing tomorrow? How are you feeling?

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#9 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 10:14 PM

yes DEF testing tomorrow although the tests are all driving me crazy. I keep thinking MAYBE each time but assuming the next test the next day will be darker/more obvious etc. But nope and dh can't see what i'm seeing so i'm sure it's all in my crazy-obsessive-POASitits head that's seeing it.

I don't know how i'm feeling hahaha I keep feeling certain symptoms one minute and none the next. I am increasing in the "dizziness" symptom which was my main first symptom with ds..but all these negative tests are bumming me out.

My cervix is way high and according to my google results when AF is coming your cevix should be low so i don't know!

#10 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 PM

Hello All...
New here! Its been 3 weeks (almost 4 weeks) since my D&C. DH and I are not following the rules and haveing unprotected BD sessions....I am also drinking lots of RRL and Nettle Tea!

Megan--wife to DAKS geek.gif
Our rainbow1284.gif Baby "Cupcake" arrived 1/31/12

#11 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 10:55 PM

Stevi--No problem. If you like Domino's you can get FREE cinnasticks using a coupon on there!

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#12 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 PM

MaerynPearl- thanks for the hope, re testing 11dpo-13dpo. But if I do recall, did you not get faint + on ICs before then? So if my ICs are showing nothing at this point, maybe I'm out, right? Unless wondfo ICs are just not good. Say I hopefully.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#13 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post
MaerynPearl- thanks for the hope, re testing 11dpo-13dpo. But if I do recall, did you not get faint + on ICs before then? So if my ICs are showing nothing at this point, maybe I'm out, right? Unless wondfo ICs are just not good. Say I hopefully.
mine were not wondfo

and my faint ic lines were something that even I was questioning whether or not there was something there.

11 dpo evening - http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5115.jpg

then 12 dpo morning - http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5118.jpg

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#14 of 184 Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Mae--I see lines. I said it then too. Don't worry, you're not crazy this time. lol

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#15 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 AM

boredom + im a geek + needing to get rid of my four remaining pregnancy tests and having the perfect pee to play with them with = YAY PICTURES

First, I peed in a cup and tested so the all pee one is my nearly 21 weeks urine
25% obviously I diluted it until it was 25% pee 75% water
barely pee I only left a few drops of that 25% pee in the cup and refilled it again
Water I ran under the faucet, rather than having the possibility of contaminating it with the hcg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...py/control.jpg control pic, same order as labeled in next pic

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ampy/tests.jpg (I love seeing how the water leaves the white line!)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/cflwater.jpg water on a cfl at about 3-5 minutes (not for 2 minutes I just lost track of when I put the water one up there for the pic)

Um wow. Okay the 10 minute recheck has me SHOCKED.

Ladies do NOT use a CFL to check your tests if they are still wet!!!!!!!

With as nerdy as I am and as much as I love TTC and everything to do with it I did not expect this result...

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...0minswater.jpg Water test at 10 minutes

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...mpy/10mins.jpg all tests in same order as before

but at 10 minutes the test that is water only, never touched pee or the pee tests until at the 10 minute comparison pic... has a PINK line.

I have done water on the test several times in the past and using non-pregnant urine as well, these tests never gave me visibly pink evap lines, but alas there it is... a visibly pink line.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#16 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 AM

14DPO, no AF yet. I haven't tested today...we had a family outing and were out all day....I am poopered. If AF doesnt show tomorrow, I will go get tests and take one after lunch. I've gotten the last 2 POS(from previous pg's) around 3PM, when I had gotten NEG that morning. So we shall see. I have been so nauseas for the last few days. I tried to eat today and could only manage 1/2 baked potato, 1/2 chicken breast and swiss cheese sandwhich, and a *full* bag of those frozen bags that have pasta, some veggies and yummy sauce that you cook on the stove(my mind has gone buh bye for the time being, I've forgotten the name of it.)
#17 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 AM

holly- should you ask for a blood test? that would give you the answer and stop all this uncertainty.

fm- i would talk with my hcp. is your midwife part of an ob practice?

#18 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
holly- should you ask for a blood test? that would give you the answer and stop all this uncertainty.

fm- i would talk with my hcp. is your midwife part of an ob practice?
hmm maybe if i don't get af tomorrow I will...do i ask my primary dr for that? Or do I need to be part of an obgyn group? I am thinking about using a different group this time around and/or having a midwife homebirth....so i wonder who i call for a blood test?

#19 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 02:07 AM

Holly - The quickest (and possibly cheapest depending on your ins.) way to get a blood test is direct from the lab. Most labs that do walk-in blood draws or drug testing will do a blood pregnancy test for $30-40, it does not need to be ordered by anyone but you, and the bonus is that they give YOU the results (some next day, some take 2-3) rather than you having to wait for your hcp to get around to calling you back. The one I went to actually sent me an e-mail with a login so I could review my results online the next day (it gives a guide at the top on how to read them and what the levels mean). Sure beats waiting who knows how long for an appointment then waiting who knows how long until they bother to call you...took three weeks to get blood test results from my doctor when I had a miscarriage. They use the same lab I later went to on my own (that does next day results) so I knew she was just sitting on them all that time. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
#20 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 AM

So I got home tonight at 1am (after 5 days away bouncing around the country). Decided I couldn't wait til morning so I made the wife POAS. I don't know, do you see a line here?

Wife + Me = Paige 11/08 and Hanna 1/11 h20homebirth.gif
#21 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 06:02 AM

DaddyM- YAY!!!! Whats the due date?

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#22 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 AM

daddym - congratulations

afm - im on cd3, boring.

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#23 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumma cop kaz View Post
DaddyM- YAY!!!! Whats the due date?
Thanks mumma cop kaz and CLH_X3
01/5/11 based on AF
01/13/11 based on FF's O date

#24 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM

that's awesome daddy.

#25 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 AM

congrats daddym!

Holly, Test results?
mommytoallh?

I'm 12DPO and didn't bother testing today. waiting for AF. having weird pinches in cervix which reminds me I'm late for my annual pap smear and am now worried. As soon as Af shows I'll call for an appt. My husband sprained his ankle last night taking our dogs for a run in the field so now I have 3 babies to tend to today. Yay!

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#26 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM

DaddyM That's awesome!

AFM: I'm really annoyed/fed up. At this point i just hope AF shows so i can move on from this unfair cycle. My temp dipped a tiny bit again today ...not too major but still BFN and it was stark white no denying it...nothing to stare at or obsess over. ughgughgrrr I really wish that if your body was not pregnant you'd immediately get AF so you could start again

OR i wish your body could detect the sperm so that if like you missed your nomal ovulation it would spontaneously pop out another one so the timing matches up LOL.

Ok i think i'm going to go invent something that will make that happen....i think it will make me rich hahaha

#27 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
DaddyM That's awesome!

AFM: I'm really annoyed/fed up. At this point i just hope AF shows so i can move on from this unfair cycle. My temp dipped a tiny bit again today ...not too major but still BFN and it was stark white no denying it...nothing to stare at or obsess over. ughgughgrrr I really wish that if your body was not pregnant you'd immediately get AF so you could start again

OR i wish your body could detect the sperm so that if like you missed your nomal ovulation it would spontaneously pop out another one so the timing matches up LOL.

Ok i think i'm going to go invent something that will make that happen....i think it will make me rich hahaha

Holly, any chance maybe you did O later? aren't you 16 DPO? or 17? And you're nursing right? That is a super fantastic LP for a nursing mama in any regards. I know you said you had tons of EWCM before O this cycle but maybe it took a day or two for the egg to get out of the gate....
Are you feeling any cramps or anything?
I can't believe you haven't gotten a BFP yet, my fingers are crossed for you!
Either way, I hope you get an answer soon.

Michelle ~

#28 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyM View Post
So I got home tonight at 1am (after 5 days away bouncing around the country). Decided I couldn't wait til morning so I made the wife POAS. I don't know, do you see a line here?
OMG! Congratulations!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#29 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
that's awesome daddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
congrats daddym!
Sprained ankles HURT. Glad you can be around take care of DH. He appreciates it I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
DaddyM That's awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineMrsM View Post
OMG! Congratulations!
Thank you all!

#30 of 184 Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM

Congrats DaddyM!!!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page