~*May*~ No Stressers/No Obsessers - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2010, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Hey ladies!!! I got a BFP today!!!!! woo woo!!!

Doc had me come in and get a blood pregnancy test and a progesterone test today because of my PCOS. I can't wait to get the results tomorrow.
NICE! You want me to move you to our BFP's or do you want to wait till after the doctors appt?

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Congrats nintendork that is wonderful!

MoonFireGlow, I'll do next months thread if you would like, I should be around.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
MoonFireGlow, I'll do next months thread if you would like, I should be around.
That would be awesome love! Thanks so much

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 05-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
That would be awesome love! Thanks so much
no problem hopefully it will prompt me to do the weekend check-in finally.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Hey it's Friday, hope it's not too early for the weekend check-in!

Name:echospiritwarrior
Date:28 May
Where are you in your cycle: right around O (yesterday or today to the best of my knowledge) I'll know in a few days time when my temps reflect the shift
Symptoms if they apply:I am super grouper excited as this is the first time DH and I have purposely TTC
When are you thinking of testing: I'm going to wait until 10dpo which unfortunately doesn't look like it'll be until June 7th, I don't know what I will do until then!!!!
Thoughts:besides being beside myself in excitement I am trying to think boy thoughts (picturing the fast swimmers making it right now) of course we will love and cherish any healthy baby that comes our way.
Appointments:none, but my husband is painting our midwife's office so he's been there for two weeks he can't wait for me to see it. Hopefully soon!
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:just thinking boy thoughts and picturing the swimmers making it to that egg!
Do you have any stress triggers:my older children Despite my love for them but they have been more than a handful as of late making me wonder if this TTC is actually a good idea at all. The oldest turns five tomorrow so I wonder if some of it is a little of that pre-birthday excitement I seem to have noticed starting a few weeks before her birthday year after year- drives me insane... is it a planetary alignment thingie???
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:I've been on a housework kick, doing the same kind of cleaning that I do when I'm pregnant, almost like pre-nesting the house (except for the girls room ) has been looking great!
Partners feelings if applicable:I think he is really excited too, as I said he's excited for me see our MW's office that he's been working on. He said that she was excited to see our girls too.
Plans for this weekend:It's a busy one! Tomorrow my oldest turns five, so my mother will be coming from out of town this afternoon to help me get ready. I still have food to buy, cupcakes to bake, a homemade pinata to stuff... Then Sunday we have a wedding to go to, they are some super sweet friends and I am really excited for them- it should be beautiful!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:01 PM

Weekend Check-In!

Name: Sweet.Bee
Date: 29 May 2010
Where are you in your cycle: CD18
Symptoms if they apply: Fertile CM for the last 10 days.
When are you thinking of testing: A long time from now.
Thoughts: I want to ovulate! This has been a very long fertile time, and we are worn out. I ovulated last cycle on CD18 (but with only 4 days of fertile CM), so I hope my temperature will finally be up tomorrow. If it isn't, I might have to pick another fight with my thermometer.
Appointments: With the ovulation fairy, I hope.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Aaaaa-uuummm. Aaaa-uummmm. No, not really.
Do you have any stress triggers: Hmm, let me think... there must be something...oh, yeah, my body's wishy-washy attitude toward ovulation.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Still playing a video game for a bit at night. I like taking out my frustration on monsters.
Partners feelings if applicable: Worn out, poor guy.
Plans for this weekend: Nothing special. Our little one's mini play sofa arrived finally, and we picked it up.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 PM

I know May is almost over, but I was wondering if I can join. I am at cd 32 and I'm 11 or 12 dpo. I took a $tree test this morning and I might have imagined a shadow of a line. Trying not to run out and buy a frer. Here is my chart, if anyone cares. Can a newbie do a weekend check in?

Weekend Check-In!

Name: sarahkristin
Date: May 29th
Where are you in your cycle: CD32, 11/12 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Mild cramps, probably AF, blehhhh
When are you thinking of testing: Tomorrow morning
Thoughts: I was SURE that I was pregnant at 6 DPO and now I am almost sure I am not. I hate ttc sometimes!
Appointments: With a FRER tomorrow morning
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nope, I'm fairly med free, other than the prenatals.
Do you have any stress triggers: New kitten is driving me up the wall! DD not sleeping well is making me tired. And trying not to stress about maybe or maybe not being preggo.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Reminding myself that it is already decided and me stressing over it is not going to make it positive.
Partners feelings if applicable: Excited and anxious to "try again" or "practice" lol
Plans for this weekend: Relax, take a frer

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
Old 05-29-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Weekend Check-In

Name: MoOnFiReGlOw
Date: 5/29
Where are you in your cycle: cd10

Symptoms if they apply: Nope!
When are you thinking of testing: Still planning on waiting till 15dpo
Thoughts: Not really much. I'm being really passive this cycle and just letting things happen. We are moving in a few weeks around when I'm supposed to O so I'm not really counting on this month being the month!
Appointments:Dh chickened out on the freaking SA AGAIN! He is so scared of finding out his 'boys' aren't up to the task
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: nope!
Do you have any stress triggers: Our moving date is creeping closer and closer and I'm starting to feel the pressure and stress of a move.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Knitting
Partners feelings if applicable: He is being a wuss about the SA. I'm trying to back off b/c apparently it is really important for him to not find out that there is something wrong with his swimmers. I've tried to explain that it's not really fair for me to think we have a chance each month when we don't right now either. He is on meds that are known to cause problems with swimmers, I just need to know if I need to start testing or not.
Plans for this weekend: Cleaning and knitting yet again!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
Do you have any stress triggers:my older children Despite my love for them but they have been more than a handful as of late making me wonder if this TTC is actually a good idea at all. The oldest turns five tomorrow so I wonder if some of it is a little of that pre-birthday excitement I seem to have noticed starting a few weeks before her birthday year after year- drives me insane... is it a planetary alignment thingie???

Plans for this weekend:It's a busy one! Tomorrow my oldest turns five, so my mother will be coming from out of town this afternoon to help me get ready. I still have food to buy, cupcakes to bake, a homemade pinata to stuff... Then Sunday we have a wedding to go to, they are some super sweet friends and I am really excited for them- it should be beautiful!
Same thing here too. I have 3 young boys and they drive me insane sometimes! My hubby just looks at me and says 'and you want another??!' lol!

Have fun! I hope the b-day party goes well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
Do you have any stress triggers: Hmm, let me think... there must be something...oh, yeah, my body's wishy-washy attitude toward ovulation.
Yeah, mine has been pretty messed up too. Two cycles ago I O'd on cd15! Last cycle cd 22 or so. It's hard to plan and time bd'ing when you have a week and a half window that O could happen in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkristin View Post
I know May is almost over, but I was wondering if I can join. I am at cd 32 and I'm 11 or 12 dpo. I took a $tree test this morning and I might have imagined a shadow of a line. Trying not to run out and buy a frer. Here is my chart, if anyone cares. Can a newbie do a weekend check in?

Weekend Check-In!

Name: sarahkristin
Date: May 29th
Where are you in your cycle: CD32, 11/12 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Mild cramps, probably AF, blehhhh
When are you thinking of testing: Tomorrow morning
Thoughts: I was SURE that I was pregnant at 6 DPO and now I am almost sure I am not. I hate ttc sometimes!
Appointments: With a FRER tomorrow morning
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nope, I'm fairly med free, other than the prenatals.
Do you have any stress triggers: New kitten is driving me up the wall! DD not sleeping well is making me tired. And trying not to stress about maybe or maybe not being preggo.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Reminding myself that it is already decided and me stressing over it is not going to make it positive.
Partners feelings if applicable: Excited and anxious to "try again" or "practice" lol
Plans for this weekend: Relax, take a frer
Welcome!! I'll add ya

Old 05-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
NICE! You want me to move you to our BFP's or do you want to wait till after the doctors appt?
Progesterone and hcg levels look good so feel free to move me. Wishing you all the best! here is some baby dust for you all!!!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 05-30-2010, 04:10 AM

Congrats nintendork! hopefully I'll be joining you on the bfp list soon!

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkristin View Post
I know May is almost over, but I was wondering if I can join. I am at cd 32 and I'm 11 or 12 dpo. I took a $tree test this morning and I might have imagined a shadow of a line. Trying not to run out and buy a frer.
Welcome! And please post a pic of your test.

Quote:
Partners feelings if applicable: He is being a wuss about the SA. I'm trying to back off b/c apparently it is really important for him to not find out that there is something wrong with his swimmers. I've tried to explain that it's not really fair for me to think we have a chance each month when we don't right now either. He is on meds that are known to cause problems with swimmers, I just need to know if I need to start testing or not.
I think guys are very sensitive about their sperm. Maybe you could get him to do the test if you were to frame it differently? Perhaps say you'd like him to test to see how much (if any) the medicine is harming his sperm? That way, maybe he would not see it as an issue with him?

Quote:
Same thing here too. I have 3 young boys and they drive me insane sometimes! My hubby just looks at me and says 'and you want another??!' lol!
We have only one, and whenever our son frustrates me, my husband says, "and you want another!"

Quote:
Yeah, mine has been pretty messed up too. Two cycles ago I O'd on cd15! Last cycle cd 22 or so. It's hard to plan and time bd'ing when you have a week and a half window that O could happen in!
I'm on day 11 of fertile CM. That is the unusual thing for me (last cycle was 4 days of fertile CM). And since we want to try every "fertile" day, that means we're already quite worn out and I haven't even ovulated. I'm getting cramps today, though, so hopefully it's right around the corner. Please, please, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Progesterone and hcg levels look good so feel free to move me. Wishing you all the best! here is some baby dust for you all!!!
Yay! *Jumping up and catching the dust with a huge butterfly net.*

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:11 AM

My husband had issues with the SA too. It wasn't that he didn't want to do it he just was uncomfortable with it and nervous about the possible outcomes. Io think sometimes men avoid anything that involves doctors and possible bad news; thats why we live longer. In the end I jsut sat him down and was very straight with him about how I was doing uncomfortable things, like pelvic exams and HSGs and it was his turn to do something for our future child. Luckily he was able to do it at home and drive it over the the doctor's office. Are you able to do that? I hope your hubby comes around soon!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My last "weekend" check-in was mid-week on accident. I feel like I just did this so I'll keep it short.

Name: Waiting4SJ
Date: 5-30
Where are you in your cycle: CD13
When are you thinking of testing: Not even thinking about that yet.
Thoughts: Starting to second guess if we should.. but I think that's normal.
Appointments: none
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: none
Do you have any stress triggers: summer classes, looking for a job, < 3 months before DH leaves for bootcamp...
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Not thinking about TTC.
Partners feelings if applicable: Also not over-thinking TTC. Just focusing on life for now..
Plans for this weekend: Went boating on the lake, going to the in-laws for Memorial Day.

Waiting4SJ (25) married to DH (24) since 3/17/20014 . DS (2) born 11/11/11. TTC#2.

User Tag List