~*May*~ No Stressers/No Obsessers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*No Stressers/No Obsessers - May 2010! *

Welcome into Spring (at least in this hemisphere) Ladies!! As I watch the birthing of the flowers, and birds I feel energized with new life. It is hard to ignore the beautiful changes our world is making, while we make ours. I am focusing on new life, new light, and longer days this month.

This is a place where we come together for strength and sharing wisdom on how to be more stress-free during our trying to conceive journeys. We may still test, just not ridiculously early, if we can help it. You'll find people encouraging you to hold off when you are feeling weak. Share tips and tricks, and words of wisdom on how to enjoy our time making a baby as much as we can!

Anyone is free to join!
Please BOLD new member info, changes in cycle, Big Fat Positives, adding charts etc, and if I miss it, direct message me.

Hi guys! I also wanted to mention that I just took over the thread so Hesperia can have some time off, so I'm missing the charts and what not. If you would like your chart added please post it! I also apologize if you did not get added and were supposed to, please just post again and I'll get you in. I also deleted you off the list if you didn't post last month (and I may have gotten a bit delete happy), if you would like to be added again let me know!Thanks!

Our Members!

*karmab: Jamie 42, & DH Jamie 39. TTC #5, Cycle #2
*Hesperia: 23, & DH 30. TTC #1, Cycle #9
*MrsD08: Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D #1 since September 2009 w/ male factor infertility.
*MoOnFiReGlOw: 27, dh 33. TTC 1 year, suspected MFI
*Shy: 40 years young, TTC for a long time, 1 M/C, 1 chemical
*Steph152: Stephanie 25, & DP, 24. TTC #2; Our son just turned 1, and we are really hoping for two under two.
*heather+mike2005: Heather 31 & Mike, 30. TTC #2, Cycle #2
*1*Lucky*Mama: Bella, 24 & Lincoln, 26. TTC #3, Cycle #1. DS1 3.5 years, DS2 almost 2
*MamaFern: Fern, 28 & Timothy, 26. TTC #4; Cycle #1 7 DS 7, DD 4, DD 2
*Tear78 TTC #1, Cycle # 21
*AdalynsMama
*finnegansmom
*echospiritwarrior
*jenniferadurham: Jennifer 28, DH is 36, TTC #3. DD(nearly 8), and DS(16months).
*Mother Cake : TTC #1, cycle #1
*Spinnerette: Kate 22, Alex 24. TTC #1
*Sweet.Bee: TTC#2
*MommelRachel :37 & Carlo 37 TTC#1 Cycle #2
*heartsandhandss: Kayce 23 & Blake 27. Made baby #2, on cycle #23
*iheartmyfamily: TTC #1
*jtc77: 32 and DH 39 TTC #1
*Waiting4SJ: TTC #1
*babsbob: TTC after m/c
*SWhite: We are TTC #1 Cycle #1
*sarahkristin

Waiting to try again
(ie health, distance between partners, taking a break etc)
*Lydiah

CONGRATULATIONS!

*May 2010 BFP*

*Pirogi: & DH 30-something. DD(2) DUE last week of January
*Nintendork: Kristin & DH, both 28 . DUE first week of February!

Graduates of the No Stressers/No Obsessers tribe!

March & April 2010

February 2010 BFP
*MommaM
*hopingtobemomma
Michelle 31 & DH John 32. Pregnant with #1, from cycle #2

Weekend Check-In
Name:
Date:
Where are you in your cycle:
Symptoms if they apply:
When are you thinking of testing:
Thoughts:
Appointments:
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:
Do you have any stress triggers:
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:
Partners feelings if applicable:
Plans for this weekend:

Past positive words from our members:
"My body knows how to conceive" from Lyndzies, expecting her first October!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Hi guys! Hesperia needed a break so I'm taking over! I put most of what was there on the first post but I didn't have the links, so if you would like your chart linked to your name let me know!

I also cleared house on some members that I haven't seen post in quite a while and there is a possibility I got a bit delete happy so if I accidently deleted you please don't take offense! I'll be more than happy to add you again!

I went ahead and deleted the bfp's that were past 6 months to make the lists a bit more managable. Honestly I was thinking of deleting down to the past three months but though I'd put that up to a group vote so let me know what you think and I'll do it accordingly!

I'll be adding and decorating the first page as I have time, don't fret!

Whew! I think that is all for now

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#3 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Thank you for taking over the thread, you rock! This thread has done an excellent job of keeping me Zen these last few weeks and I am so glad it is here!

I just wanted to correct my info above, my DH and I are both 28 (but I remember 24 and it was FUN!) and we have been TTC#1 since January 2010.

Thanks again!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#4 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Thanks for starting the thread!

My Chart.

I have been so sick for like 6 days now, with identical symptoms to what my 2-year old had last week. Who ever heard of an adult getting a double ear infection, eye infection, and sore throat with fever? For 6 days???

Apparently I looked so much like death that my boss told me I needed to go home and not come back until I felt better. That was Tuesday. He called today and told me not to come in unless I felt well tomorrow. Haha, I guess it was the red, swollen, crusty eye and sucking of the reddish yellow snot and obligatory mouth breathing that did it.

So while there is a small chance that we timed it right this month, I would be very impressed if anything has survived the onslaught of pathogens and pharmaceuticals that I've been buried under. Seriously, that kid would be a survivor.
#5 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Thank you for taking over the thread, you rock! This thread has done an excellent job of keeping me Zen these last few weeks and I am so glad it is here!

I just wanted to correct my info above, my DH and I are both 28 (but I remember 24 and it was FUN!) and we have been TTC#1 since January 2010.

Thanks again!
No problem hun! Got it changed I figured there would be quite a few things that didn't xfer over right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post

My Chart.

I have been so sick for like 6 days now, with identical symptoms to what my 2-year old had last week. Who ever heard of an adult getting a double ear infection, eye infection, and sore throat with fever? For 6 days???

Apparently I looked so much death that my boss told me I needed to go home and not come back until I felt better. That was Tuesday. He called today and told me not to come in unless I felt well tomorrow. Haha, I guess it was the red, swollen, crusty eye and sucking of the reddish yellow snot and obligatory nose breathing that did it.

So while there is a small chance that we timed it right this month, I would be very impressed if anything has survived the onslaught of pathogens and pharmaceuticals that I've been buried under. Seriously, that kid would be a survivor.
Got your chart added

Eeek! yeah, my hubby has had that happen, but he is super sensitive to illness I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! It sux being sick Hey, knowing how things tend to work out I bet you it is your month! **fingers crossed**

#6 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Thank you so kindly for taking over, I need this space, and feel sorry to no longer be the thread mistress, but know you'll take good care here.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#7 of 104 Old 05-05-2010, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Thank you so kindly for taking over, I need this space, and feel sorry to no longer be the thread mistress, but know you'll take good care here.
No problem hun! I have a week left of school so I'll be relatively bored here till we move

#8 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post

My Chart.

I feel your pain, I get double ear infections ALL THE TIME. I have had to have tubes put in my ears twice (and I need to have it done a third time but it is such a pain) as an adult because my pediatrician didn't believe in them when I was a kid. I always feel silly having ear infections as an adult.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#9 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 AM

Ugh, ear infections. I got those all the time as a child. The pink bubble gum antibiotic goo was particularly a staple of my diet. Get better soon!

I'm sitting here, trying not to be stressy or obsessy, but looking at my sad little chart with its temp drop yesterday at 7DPO and even further free-fall today is making this hard. Someone tell me, please, that I'm not going to be stuck with an 8-day LP.

Said naughty chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#10 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM

sweet bee- there is a mid-luteal estrogen surge (the one that probably causes the mythical 'implantation dip'.) it could be that. see what happens tomorrow. it might come right back up.

moonfire- as far as chart links, personally, i dont even think they are necessary. to me at least, my chart seems to cause me more stress than anything. if someone wants to show theirs or ask a question about it, they can always link it in their post, too.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#11 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
I'm sitting here, trying not to be stressy or obsessy, but looking at my sad little chart with its temp drop yesterday at 7DPO and even further free-fall today is making this hard. Someone tell me, please, that I'm not going to be stuck with an 8-day LP.

Said naughty chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172
Oh that doesn't look too bad hun. your still above the coverline and like karmab said, it may just be a mid-luteal estrogen surge *fingerscrossed* that your temp goes back up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
moonfire- as far as chart links, personally, i dont even think they are necessary. to me at least, my chart seems to cause me more stress than anything. if someone wants to show theirs or ask a question about it, they can always link it in their post, too.
True! I don't think I click on them except when someone asks a question about them either! Lets take a vote!!

Question Of the Week:

Should we keep the charts in the first post or leave em out and just post our charts in our posts when we have a question about them?

#12 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and speaking of charts, anyone want to take a look at mine?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MoOnFiReGlOw

According to FF I O'd a few days ago, but I don't know if I trust it. TCOYF still has me as not O'ing yet, but they put down my coverline a few days ago. I think I'm going to try to keep up the every other day bd'ing until I know for sure, but it would be nice to have a break! My hubby is about to die (his words, not mine). Since he has been injured usually twice a month is all he can muster, but he's 'taken one for the team' this month!!

#13 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM

my vote, obviously, is to not worry about the chart links on the first page. i dont know if you were here when hesperia used to move people around like we do on the one thread too, but it was really too much for a no stress thread, so we decided to do away with that as well, and i think that was smart. keep it low-key. i think if we have a question, we can post our link.

re: your chart moon- just based on what it looks like today, im inclined to think ff has it right. but you will know tomorrow or by saturday for sure. your plan sounds good to keep it up just in case.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#14 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 PM

I vote to skip the links in the first post--I always ignored them anyway--and let people post a link with a question.

AFM We are TTC #1 Cycle #1.

I have a good feeling about this cycle . . . But I'm an optimist.

Ru , wife to DH . Astin (4/26/10) & Ember (5/19/10).
I have lost my dreams--Dar Williams
#15 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 01:56 PM

I dunno, Moonfireglow, I am suspicious of that O date. I bet your temps will go higher soon and show a clear picture. I think FF is way too crosshair-happy, and I think it can kinda add to the stress. Like, did I really O? Should I keep BD? Can I sleep in today and not temp?? Ack!! I would prefer they were more conservative and wait until the signs were clearer.

I don't care one way or the other about charts on the first page. It makes me more inclined to enter my data into FF if I know that people might possibly be clicking the link, but really what use is that? I chart on paper for our own purposes. I guess I liked when the computer program told me I had a very good chance of being pregnant with my first. Silly I know. So it would probably be better for me not to use it. I feel like 5-6 years of experience charting has given me a pretty solid foundation to interpret my own fertility pattern.
#16 of 104 Old 05-06-2010, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

*UPDATED TO HERE*

Pirogi - Wow girl! That is awesome that you have been charting so long!

Mmmk, charts removed then! yeah, it makes sense b/c when I want to know something about my chart I post the chart so ppl have an easier time finding it!!

Thanks for your thoughts on my chart girls...yeah, sit and wait...lol! Ah well, on the plus side the new pain meds they put my hubby on don't completely take away his sex drive the docs said that was a good sign and that his sperm quality and quantity should improve here soon too

#17 of 104 Old 05-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the support, everyone!

My temp DID go back up today, so I guess I was just freaking out needlessly like always, hehehe.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#18 of 104 Old 05-07-2010, 11:00 AM

can i please join? i have ttc number one for way too long. one ectopic. my due date would have been next week. i have not been zen during this journey but this is my 2nd cycle where i'm just sort of blah about it all. i want it more than anything but i guess i'm surrendering to what will be. hope that i keep this up and hope that i get a bfp. this is my first cycle taking soy isoflavones and as u can see from my chart, my o date has moved up to cd14ish from cd17-20! woohoo!!! i'm praying and hoping for a healthy bfp this cycle, while accepting that i can only do what i'm doing. wishing you all lots of luck!

pirogi ur temps look nice!

moonfireglow- i don't trust ur o date on ff. keep doing the dance.

Married to my wonderful hubby since 12/31/08 and have been ttc for over a year. We have suffered one terribly disheartening ectopic that terminated on 9/25/09.
#19 of 104 Old 05-07-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

*UPDATED TILL HERE*

Sweet.Bee - No problem hun! That's what we are here for

Iheartmyfamily- I went ahead and added you! I hope your stay is short and as non stressful as possible!

AFM - Yep, figured, my ch's went away today and my temp took another swan dive I'm hoping my opk's go + here soon so I can stop temping!

#20 of 104 Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM

I'm new, too! (Also joined the TTC #1 in Our 30's group. I am 32 for a few more weeks, DH is 39.) On cycle 10 and just now finding some peace with the journey. Hoping to O this weekend but not stressing it!

Mom to Hannah, born 2/24/11 at 34 weeks 3 days and currently TTC #2.

#21 of 104 Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Jtc77 - You're up there! Welcome and I hope your stay is short

Weekend Check-In

Name: MoOnFiReGlOw
Date: 5/8
Where are you in your cycle: cd22, *hopefully* O day

Symptoms if they apply: nada
When are you thinking of testing: I'm determined not to test till I'm late
Thoughts: I'm a bit annoyed that it took so long to O! I got a + opk tonight so I'm hoping that means my temp will be up tomorrow. O was a WEEK later than last month! Hopefully it will be our lucky egg
Appointments: not until we move to CO so I can get set up with a RE
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: nope!
Do you have any stress triggers: Finals
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Well O was really stressing me out and this week is finals week. I think if my temp is up tomorrow and I can get some studying done all will be well.
Partners feelings if applicable: He is on some new meds and they are helping him feel a bit more in the mood TMI warning! We've bd more this month than we have the past 3!! Hopefully it will be what we need
Plans for this weekend: Studying for finals!

#22 of 104 Old 05-08-2010, 11:16 PM

Weekend Check-In
Name: jtc
Date: 5/8/10
Where are you in your cycle: CD 17, hoping to O soon
Symptoms if they apply: nope
When are you thinking of testing: not before 12 dpo
Thoughts: just taking it as it comes...
Appointments: not until after cycle 12
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: started fertility yoga 2 weeks ago - very relaxing
Do you have any stress triggers: work
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: yoga, just not worrying about it
Partners feelings if applicable: he's always chill
Plans for this weekend: I'm in NC for my SiL's graduation

Past positive words from our members:
"My body knows how to conceive" from Lyndzies, expecting her first October![/QUOTE]

#23 of 104 Old 05-09-2010, 07:19 AM

Weekend Check-In

Name: Sweet.Bee
Date: 9 May 2010 (Mothers' Day!)
Where are you in your cycle: CD29, 11DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Probably all imaginary.
When are you thinking of testing: Around 18DPO? Tests are too expensive here to waste.
Thoughts: Impatient!
Appointments: None.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nothing new.
Do you have any stress triggers: My own imagination.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Chasing after my very mobile 12-month-old (he can walk!)
Partners feelings if applicable: He never stresses.
Plans for this weekend: Gardening!

#24 of 104 Old 05-09-2010, 03:03 PM

Weekend Check-In
Name:
Mother Cake
Date: 9 May 2010
Where are you in your cycle: CD14, 3dpo
Symptoms if they apply: none yet
When are you thinking of testing: 14dpo or when I start having symptoms, whichever comes first.
Thoughts: Now I get why the TWW is so annoying. Before, I never thought much about it until AF was late, but now that we're ttc, I'm having the urge to test NOW. Luckily, I don't keep tests in the house, so I can't satisfy the urge without making a conscious decision to go out an buy one.
Appointments: none
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Tried out a Baby Spirit Meditation group yesterday. It was interesting . . . Just got a bunch of herbs to make a pregnancy tea, but haven't mixed them yet . . .
Do you have any stress triggers: none ttc related.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Talking to DH, journalling, exercise.
Partners feelings if applicable: He's pretty mellow.
Plans for this weekend: Going to see Babies this afternoon!

#25 of 104 Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

jtc77 - *fingersx* for a quick O! Fertility yoga sounds interesting!

Sweet.Bee - Eeek! I hope this cycle is it for you! Gardening sounds fun, what do you have planted??

Mother Cake - How was Babies?

AFM - Opk's were uber + tonight and today so I'm pretty sure I've O'd timing couldn't be better I sucked it up and did my take home final and I am DONE with Spring semester!! I can feel the stress leaking away

#26 of 104 Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Sweet.Bee - Eeek! I hope this cycle is it for you! Gardening sounds fun, what do you have planted??
Thanks, you too!

We have mostly roses. We planted a lot last year and looked for deals, so almost everything we have was at least 50% off. Right now we're working on putting a small fence around the flower area so our son won't run over the poor plants with the push car his grandparents bought him for his 1st birthday.

Congratulations on finishing your finals and ovulating!

#27 of 104 Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 AM

Late Weekend Check-In
Name: Pirogi
Date: 10 May 2010
Where are you in your cycle: CD24, 11dpo
Symptoms if they apply: small little twinges in the same place on the lower left of my uterus
When are you thinking of testing: tested this morning, BFN. Won't test again until Wed or Thurs
Thoughts: My whole family had been so sick for like 2-3 weeks that I totally forgot about ovulation and the TWW. I remembered yesterday that my period was almost due and then I was like, oh yeah! I might be pregnant! Haha.
Appointments: none
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Do antibiotics count?
Do you have any stress triggers: My daughter was having a REALLY hard time adjusting to her previous child care provider (for like 2 weeks, screaming, pleading not to go, saying she wants her mommy/daddy/wants to go home, much clingier at home and non-stop nursing overnight, even personality changes toward a weepier, whinier, more stressed out little girl). So we took the plunge and hired a nanny, who seems lovely, and who DD really seems to like. DD told me this morning before I left, "Mommy, I don't want to cry."
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: being too sick to remember about TTC
Partners feelings if applicable: Dealing with FOO craziness. Makes me sad for him.
Plans for this weekend: We spent the whole weekend preparing for the nanny and meeting her/doing paperwork/etc.
#28 of 104 Old 05-10-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post

Mother Cake - How was Babies?
I loved it. It was very funny and beautiful and touching. I love baby watching, so I was really glad that there wasn't any narration to distract me--just music. I also really enjoyed being in the theater, both for the big screen experience, and to hear the murmurs and mutterings and laughter of the rest of the audience. Totally worth the price of the tickets IMO.

#29 of 104 Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Cake View Post
I loved it. It was very funny and beautiful and touching. I love baby watching, so I was really glad that there wasn't any narration to distract me--just music. I also really enjoyed being in the theater, both for the big screen experience, and to hear the murmurs and mutterings and laughter of the rest of the audience. Totally worth the price of the tickets IMO.
I can't wait to see it!

#30 of 104 Old 05-11-2010, 10:41 AM

I took a $1 HPT this morning. After 3 minutes, it was BFN. So I got back in bad and snuggled my DD awake. Then when I got out of bed a few minutes later (not sure how many, less than 10?), I thought I saw a line. Is there a reason the tests say you shouldn't read the result after 10 minutes? This 2nd line is very light, but definitely pink (not gray) and definitely there. I have been carrying the test around in my pocket all morning and looking at it every time I think that I must have been crazy. Nope, line is still there. Is this a BFP? Or a false positive?

Sorry to be so stressy/obsessy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page