Soy isflavones help - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 177 Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm in. I bought my pills this morning and will take the first one tonight (CD 3). I plan on taking it CDs 3-7. I will be taking 60 mg on CDs 3-6 and 120 mg on CD 7.

I hope this helps!

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#152 of 177 Old 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM

I'll join in, too. Since I started cycling again, I've been a late ovulator (usually CD24/25), so I'm hoping for an earlier O. And to get pregnant at last on cycle #7!

I took 100mg/day for 5 days. I guess it was around CD4-8, but CD1 this time around was only a couple of hours at the end of the day, so maybe that makes it closer to CD3-7. It's the Nature's Way brand, which also has 140mg of red clover per pill.

Today is CD12, and last night I had really strong pain for several hours in my left ovary. Just like O pain. But OPK is still negative. So, we'll see. I've had fake-outs before, albeit not nearly so strong.

Just hoping.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#153 of 177 Old 11-18-2010, 09:57 AM

Forgot to add my name on this awesome thread... am currently on CD 9 and did 120mg soy from CD 3-7! Hoping I have a little soy bean to report in early December :)

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#154 of 177 Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 AM

I'm thinking about trying soy. I've been on Clomid cycles for a year. Id id get a BFP in March, but miscarried in May. I started out on 100mg of Clomid, then after a few months of that, my Dr. bumped it up to 200mg, and was on that for 4-5 cycles.

What dose of soy should I try? I see "less is more", but if 200mg of Clomid didn't work (I did O, just no BFP's), what should I try with soy?

#155 of 177 Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 AM

Sorry if this has been touched on on an earlier page. I've read through the whole thread before though not recently. Can soy make your BBT lower than normal? It's only been a few days, but my temp has been a bit lower than last cycle. So I was just curious.

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#156 of 177 Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

Sorry if this has been touched on on an earlier page. I've read through the whole thread before though not recently. Can soy make your BBT lower than normal? It's only been a few days, but my temp has been a bit lower than last cycle. So I was just curious.

Yep... Estrogen keeps your temperature low in the early part of your cycle. This is also the reason some women have a dip before they rise because estrogen peaks right before Ovulation... and because soy makes you have more estrogen in the beginning of your cycle, your temps probably will be lower. This is my first cycle taking it and my temps are noticeably lower as well.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#157 of 177 Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

Quote:

Yep... Estrogen keeps your temperature low in the early part of your cycle. This is also the reason some women have a dip before they rise because estrogen peaks right before Ovulation... and because soy makes you have more estrogen in the beginning of your cycle, your temps probably will be lower. This is my first cycle taking it and my temps are noticeably lower as well.

Well, I'm impressed then! It's actually doing something! WooHoo!

#158 of 177 Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Okay, I'm on for this month, just got my soy from Walmart after a 37 day cycle, my longest ever.

I am thinking I'll try CDs 3-7. Hoping to move O to something reasonable, I couldn't even tell last month but I'm pretty sure it was late.

Now need to decide about dosage. I kind of want to start low but I'm not sure how low? 60?

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#159 of 177 Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM

mama~love- it's hard to say- as i said before, im a big fan of the low dose.  im not sure what the correlation really is between dosage of clomid and soy- i know we all say "it's half" but ive never seen any research to back that up.  i believe it is all a guess, and on 40 mg, i o'd 10 eggs in 4 cycles, with 2 bfps, so for me, that's all the research i have to back it up.  if you o'd on clomid, the clomid was working, really, because so much goes into conception, implantation, and continuation of a pregnancy, all clomid is meant to do is get you to ovulate, it just cant promise anything more than that, you know?

re: pre-o temps- soy did make mine lower and also more erratic.  it made my charts a little harder to interpret, actually, but that's ok, as long as it's working!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#160 of 177 Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM

would just eatig more stuff with sot isoflovnoids help like soy milk ? also are the web site that chart helpful and do they charge ?

#161 of 177 Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I found this info here: http://pubs.cas.psu.edu/freepubs/pdfs/uk094.pdf

Quote:
Average isoflavone content of various soy foods — 100 grams (3.3 ounces)
● Boiled soybeans — 54 mg
● Tofu — 28 mg
● Soy hot dogs — 15 mg
● Soy milk — 10 mg
● Soy mozzarella — 8 mg
● Soy sausage — 4 mg
● Soy nuts — 9 mg or 79 mg per 28 ounces
● Gardenburger Lifeburger — 50 mg in 6 ounces
● Soy Sensations Nutrition Bar — 60 mg in 2 ounces
● Soy flour — 0.1–0.4 mg/g or 20 mg per half cup (50 grams)
● Soy protein concentrate — 0.01– 0.2 mg/g
● Soy oil — none
● Soy sauce — none

So I guess if you want say 100mg of soy isoflavones, that would be equivalent to drinking about 33oz or a bit more than 4 cups of soy milk a day.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#162 of 177 Old 11-23-2010, 05:39 PM

I dont think there are enough isoflavones in soy products to really make a difference. Unless you ate tonnes of soy all day long. The pills are concentrated extractions. 

#163 of 177 Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Started soy isos today, just 40 mg on CD 3.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#164 of 177 Old 11-24-2010, 11:25 AM

Was anyone else INCREDIBLY emotional during O with soy? I feel like I'm losing my marbles.... 

#165 of 177 Old 11-26-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:

Was anyone else INCREDIBLY emotional during O with soy? I feel like I'm losing my marbles.... 

I don't know if I am more emotional than usual since I'm always pretty emotional. lol.gif Though my uterus/ovary/etc area feels like its served as a battleground.

I think the soy may have made me ovulate sooner. Here's my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172

I'm only not sure because I never got a + OPK this cycle. Just a couple almost positives and now they're lighter again. And also because I'm sick (though no fever according to my fever thermometer). 

But an O on CD18 would be awesome. It's usually around CD24-ish. And look at that jump! :) I usually just get boring slow rises.

How is everyone else doing?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#166 of 177 Old 11-26-2010, 06:39 AM

Wow, that is a nice jump!!! My OPK didn't get very dark this time either... wonder if it's a side effect of the soy? I O'd LATE last night so my temp isn't showing it yet but I definitely FELT it like never before. Yowch!!! It's not any earlier then usual though... but I did have some AWESOME EWCM which I rarely get ... and this time was a good, solid 3 days worth of it! Woohoo! I did notice myself showing symptoms of O MUCH MUCH earlier then usual though... so I think the extra estrogen DEFINITELY helped my body to do what it is supposed to do, yay!

#167 of 177 Old 11-26-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:

Wow, that is a nice jump!!! My OPK didn't get very dark this time either... wonder if it's a side effect of the soy? I O'd LATE last night so my temp isn't showing it yet but I definitely FELT it like never before. Yowch!!! It's not any earlier then usual though... but I did have some AWESOME EWCM which I rarely get ... and this time was a good, solid 3 days worth of it! Woohoo! I did notice myself showing symptoms of O MUCH MUCH earlier then usual though... so I think the extra estrogen DEFINITELY helped my body to do what it is supposed to do, yay!

I'm moody and thought I felt some O pain over the past few days (just off and on). But EWCM has yet to show. I O'ed on CD 14 or 16 last cycle and usually O on CD 17. I'm on CD 12 now. I really should be showing some fertile CM by now, I think. My cervix has softened and opened already though. And that started several days ago. My temp was still way low. Here's my chart if anyone is interested. chart1new.gif

#168 of 177 Old 11-26-2010, 08:52 PM

I may be joining you ladies and start taking soy isos for cycle 10 if AF shows up tomorrow.  I like Karma's recommendation and think I'll do that!

Congrats to all the BFPs!  I recognize some of you from The One thread and I'm thrilled to see you've conceived!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#169 of 177 Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM

I'm so frustrated! I had some EWCM, or at least watery CM, yesterday. Today has been bone dry! I looked back at my paper charts and some months don't have as much fertile CM as others, but this is nuts. My temp plummeted this morning (96.5). And to top it off, I'm getting sick. I've been avoiding medicines b/c I didn't want to compound the poor CM problem by drying it up with medicine, but I'm giving in now. I just feel too bad.

Today is CD 14 for me so I'm still 3 days away from my average O day, but since O was a little earlier last month I was hoping it would be the same this month - especially with the soy to help. Anyway, it's not over until it's over, but I feel like it's over before it begins, IYKWIM. I'm already looking ahead to next month and figuring if I'm going to adjust the soy.

How's it working out for the rest of you?

#170 of 177 Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Hiya soy ladies.  I took 40 mg SI on CD 4 - 8 this cycle.  It's my third cycle TTC after stopping BC.  My O day was maybe a day or so earlier than last month, but nothing majorly different (CD 17 or 18).  I had kinda a slow rise, which is different.  I'm 6 or 7 DPO today.  I do feel like my boobs are more tender than usual, and I've definitely had ovary pangs this week.  Has anyone else had more intense symptoms in the 2ww after taking soy?

I'm hoping to wait till next weekend to test.

Chart:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/312802  I don't really trust FF's O date or coverline this month.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#171 of 177 Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 AM

Ah, grrr. So, I didn't ovulate earlier with soy, it turns out. Those 2 days of high temps were just a fever from this confounded flu because it came right down again.

I just got a + OPK this morning on CD23, so that puts me at O probably on CD25, if I follow my usual pattern. That's when I usually O nowadays. Sigh.

But I'm still happy that I will O soon! I hate the wait.

#172 of 177 Old 11-29-2010, 03:19 AM

Well, for me... I am loving soy. It was frustrating at first because I THOUGHT I was going to O early since I got O signs sooooo much earlier then I usually do (CD 12) but I O'd right around when I normally do (CD 17) ... However, normally I have little to no EWCM... this month, I had TONS for *3* days!!! I also had some very strong O pains... I usually do anyway but these were different and more centered and pinchy as where my normal ones feel more like AF cramps. Also, I am normally a slow riser and have a hard time pin-pointing exactly when O happened. Not so this month... take a look at my chart. There's NO slow rise about that baby! LOL! I know, without a doubt, that I O'd VERY late CD 16 - very early morning CD 17. It's so nice when FF agrees with me! :)

I was MEAN as heck to DH on CD 9-12ish and had some headaches the first couple of days I was taking the soy but other then that, no ill side effects. I think I love Soy! love.gif

#173 of 177 Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:

I'm so frustrated! I had some EWCM, or at least watery CM, yesterday. Today has been bone dry! I looked back at my paper charts and some months don't have as much fertile CM as others, but this is nuts. My temp plummeted this morning (96.5). And to top it off, I'm getting sick. I've been avoiding medicines b/c I didn't want to compound the poor CM problem by drying it up with medicine, but I'm giving in now. I just feel too bad.

Today is CD 14 for me so I'm still 3 days away from my average O day, but since O was a little earlier last month I was hoping it would be the same this month - especially with the soy to help. Anyway, it's not over until it's over, but I feel like it's over before it begins, IYKWIM. I'm already looking ahead to next month and figuring if I'm going to adjust the soy.

How's it working out for the rest of you?

Yesterday stayed a dry day. Temp jumped this morning so I may have O'ed. Some EWCM showed up today so far, though, so I really don't know. I feel so sick, but I'm hoping DH and I can BD anyway, just in case.

#174 of 177 Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I did. My nipples were so sore, starting at 2 DPO. I also had stronger O pains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

Hiya soy ladies.  I took 40 mg SI on CD 4 - 8 this cycle.  It's my third cycle TTC after stopping BC.  My O day was maybe a day or so earlier than last month, but nothing majorly different (CD 17 or 18).  I had kinda a slow rise, which is different.  I'm 6 or 7 DPO today.  I do feel like my boobs are more tender than usual, and I've definitely had ovary pangs this week.  Has anyone else had more intense symptoms in the 2ww after taking soy?

I'm hoping to wait till next weekend to test.

Chart:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/312802  I don't really trust FF's O date or coverline this month.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#175 of 177 Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM

Just an update: EWCM went crazy in the afternoon yesterday. Cervix was still favorable. Got a BD session in, and my BBT was down this morning, so I think the spike yesterday was b/c of being sick. Hoping everything returns to normal now. OH! And I had some MAJOR O pains last night. I almost cried. I've been having O pains, but this was intense.

#176 of 177 Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 PM

I'm on my second day of taking soy... so far, so good.  I've had a bit of nausea and was really emotional yesterday, but seem to be doing okay for now.  I was wondering though... does anyone know about the effect of alcohol and soy isos?  I'm wondering if a glass of red wine or a cocktail will have an effect.  I had a flavored martini at a Christmas party tonight and even a couple of hours later I still feel nauseous.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#177 of 177 Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I have mixed soy iso and alcohol with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

I'm on my second day of taking soy... so far, so good.  I've had a bit of nausea and was really emotional yesterday, but seem to be doing okay for now.  I was wondering though... does anyone know about the effect of alcohol and soy isos?  I'm wondering if a glass of red wine or a cocktail will have an effect.  I had a flavored martini at a Christmas party tonight and even a couple of hours later I still feel nauseous.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page