The Fabulous ONE Thread - May 9th to May 15th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread - May 9th to May 15!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all TTCers on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
alireb
AmyPDX
Avasmomm
brunetta
BunnyMcFluff
finnegansmom
Hesperia
hollytheteacher
iheartmyfamily
jeminijad
jenniferadurham
Julie1014
karmab
Kyamo
LaceyBourke
lafemmedesfemmes
Lousli
Lydiah
Maurine
maybe4babies
mommytoallh
Moon Angel
outerspacemama
Ravin
Sarabravo
SML27
Sweet.Bee
Stevi
Tara2
Tear78
Tkgrl88
TulsiLeaf
tigerlily1
Vivica2

Waiting to Know (2ww)
Aly22681
Beth1231
CLH X3
Keria
KingsDaughter76
MahnaMahna
MI_Dawn
miriam_bat_avraham
MommyMatsumoto
Moonfireglow
Phantaja
Ravin
SommerdawnTTC1
Spinnerette
sweetest77
Tanikit
3boobykins
Tulpen88

Waitin' n Marinatin'

Waiting for Aunt Flo
lovebug

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating husband to be ready

M.Q.

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
WTHamI?

Waiting to be Ready
Blanca78
HulaJenn
MrsMike
sleepingbeauty
SimplyRochelle

~PREGNANT~

May BFPs!

AdalynsMama
•Adorkable•
annablue
DaddyM

myk

April BFPs!!!!

mumma cop kaz
enigo
TheDivineMrsM
ema-adama
Apmama07
brichole1214

March BFPs!!!!!
Alesmama07
BarefootGirl
NortheastSuperstar
YummyYumYumMama

theirmommy
Sobranna

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Here we are! Let's start a new week full of BFPs and happy news! Anyone testing today for Mother's Day?

AFM FF is on crack. It gave me my crosshairs again. This time they are solid and it says I o'd ten days ago. I just had watery and EWCM a couple of days ago. WTF? On one hand, if I did O back then, I have at least a 10 day LP. One the other hand, WTF? On one foot, if I did O back then, I'm not at all impressed with my post-o temps. Not one bit. On the other foot, WTF?

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Jenn, I looked at your chart. I agree, FF is on crack, lol. My guess is that you'll see a big temp rise and then it will give you new crosshairs.

I'm going a bit crazy here with about 7 BFN tests but still wondering why I don't have AF yet and last night and today I've been nauseated. Last night I thought it was just bad food choices (fast food the night before and only coffee for breakfast ) but now feeling sick again today and I don't understand.

Of course when I was pregnant both times my morning sickness didn't start until about 6 weeks I think, and was always mild and easy to handle. Right now, I totally feel like I could lose it at any moment. So wth is that all about?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post
Here we are! Let's start a new week full of BFPs and happy news! Anyone testing today for Mother's Day?

AFM FF is on crack. It gave me my crosshairs again. This time they are solid and it says I o'd ten days ago. I just had watery and EWCM a couple of days ago. WTF? On one hand, if I did O back then, I have at least a 10 day LP. One the other hand, WTF? On one foot, if I did O back then, I'm not at all impressed with my post-o temps. Not one bit. On the other foot, WTF?

I don't think its correct.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Mrs.Mike - I don't agree with FF either, I don't see any clear indication of O! FF has given me ch's a few times this month alread too, I think it's Ch happy LOL!

AFM - I'm pretty sure I O'd! for a mum's day O! hopefully my temp keeps on rising so it can be official

Could you please change my chart to : http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MoOnFiReGlOw

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
Jenn, I looked at your chart. I agree, FF is on crack, lol. My guess is that you'll see a big temp rise and then it will give you new crosshairs.

I'm going a bit crazy here with about 7 BFN tests but still wondering why I don't have AF yet and last night and today I've been nauseated. Last night I thought it was just bad food choices (fast food the night before and only coffee for breakfast ) but now feeling sick again today and I don't understand.
Is your LP always the same? You're 12 DPO so it could still be possible that it's too early for you to have a BFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Mrs.Mike - I don't agree with FF either, I don't see any clear indication of O! FF has given me ch's a few times this month alread too, I think it's Ch happy LOL!

AFM - I'm pretty sure I O'd! for a mum's day O! hopefully my temp keeps on rising so it can be official

Could you please change my chart to : http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MoOnFiReGlOw
I changed it! Do you want to wait for the official confirmation from FF before I change you to Waiting to Know? Hope you catch that Mom's Day Egg.

AFM - ok. We NEED to hold an intervention for FF as it is most certainly on the crack. It must have sensed that I was talking smack about it because it changed my crosshairs from solid to dotted. I haven't touched the darn thing since this morning when it gave me the dang solid ch. I am crazy enough, I don't need help from FF. Grrr.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post
I changed it! Do you want to wait for the official confirmation from FF before I change you to Waiting to Know? Hope you catch that Mom's Day Egg.

AFM - ok. We NEED to hold an intervention for FF as it is most certainly on the crack. It must have sensed that I was talking smack about it because it changed my crosshairs from solid to dotted. I haven't touched the darn thing since this morning when it gave me the dang solid ch. I am crazy enough, I don't need help from FF. Grrr.
You can go ahead and switch me to Waiting to Know If it wasn't today it'll be in the next few, my opk's are encredibly +++!!

LMAO! Wow, that would be freaky! See, that is one of the main reasons why I prefer TCOYF, but they are still having some kinks with their Beta program (thus why I'm having you switch my chart).

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 05-09-2010, 05:42 PM

Well, the story on my LP is that there is no story. When I charted last time it was only 3 cycles (pg on the third cycle) and I had just stopped taking bcp. I had one 9 day and one 12 day LP.

Since I first got my IUD (copper) about 4.5 years ago I've had consistently 26-27 day cycles, a couple of 28 day ones. I wasn't charting, but I think, from other signs, I o around day 15, which gives me about an 11-12 day LP.

I didn't get my first extremely faint + with my younger one until the night of 12 DPO. With my older one, I got my first faint + on cycle day 28 (wasn't charting at the time) after a negative at CD 25.

My chances are super slim of being pregnant, and yet it is so weird with all the symptoms I have had in the past week, I am going a little nuts.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Moonfireglow, I tried the TCOYF site but I have a lot of trouble with their site not working right for me. I do have a chart going there too, in case they get the kinks worked out.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Moonfireglow, I tried the TCOYF site but I have a lot of trouble with their site not working right for me. I do have a chart going there too, in case they get the kinks worked out.
Yeah, I find it is pretty dependent upon which browser you use. Firefox works well for me, but if I want to add meds or signs I have to use IE...

Old 05-09-2010, 09:55 PM

Alright gals I need some help/advice.

Remember how it really seemed like I was gonna get a bfp last cycle? Nice high temps...af a few days late...lots of maaaaybe bfps/evaps....etc?

Well...I'm still having af today and my af isn't usually like this. Today it has been 100% clots. I had a big brown sticky clot on my underwear and then later I had a bowel movement (sorry for all the tmi i just really feel like i need advice here) and lots more clots came zooming out.

I have had a m/c before but it was at 12.5 weeks so I guess what i'm asking is is it possible i was preggo this cycle and then lost it super early??

Furthermore, IF I was pregnant and this WAS a m/c do I need to go get a Rhogam shot???? I am RH- and had to get it last time during my m/c plus during my pregnancy with ds and right afterwards....like what i'm asking is if it was possible that i was preggo is it impertitive that I run in and got a shot?? Should i call my ob/midwife practice?? I actually do have an apt with them but not until the last Wed of May...for a pap and of course to discuss my wanting to get pregnant and it not working so far (3 cycles of trying really hard and not getting pregnant yet). I REALLLLLY would love some advice here!!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:18 PM

Crashing to say I stalk all you ttc ladies and always have my fingers crossed for you all.

Jen your post about FF being on crack made me pee a little.. Funny stuff!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM

I'm still here, still watching my temps jump alllllllll over the place, with seemingly no rhyme or reason. Lots of fertile CM, though. I noted a big temp spike today so if it stays up I'll know I am ovulating again

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
Old 05-09-2010, 11:00 PM

Hi mamas Wanna see my mother's day present???

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=7129

Best mother's day EVER!!!

I waited till this morning to test and it was SOO worth it! Hope to see many of you over in the Jan DDC!

Christina, mama to A 10/05, E 09/07 and S 01/11; Spending my time as a wife, mama, teacher and student. Loving every minute of it! Life is so good!   joy.gif
Old 05-09-2010, 11:09 PM

Congratulations!! What a wonderful mother's day present

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalynsMama View Post
Hi mamas Wanna see my mother's day present???

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=7129

Best mother's day EVER!!!

I waited till this morning to test and it was SOO worth it! Hope to see many of you over in the Jan DDC!

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 PM

Holly - *maybe* if you were a few days pregnant just maybe, *if* and you miscarried, I don't think you would need the rhogam because there wouldn't be blood flowing in the fetus yet, I could be wrong how many mothers who do have chemicals and never even think to test who have the rH factor would have troubles, KWIM?
When was your mc? I had a 12-13 week MC and the second cycle after my period was a nightmare...very heavy and clotty and I wasn't pregnant. to you

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Well, the story on my LP is that there is no story. When I charted last time it was only 3 cycles (pg on the third cycle) and I had just stopped taking bcp. I had one 9 day and one 12 day LP.

Since I first got my IUD (copper) about 4.5 years ago I've had consistently 26-27 day cycles, a couple of 28 day ones. I wasn't charting, but I think, from other signs, I o around day 15, which gives me about an 11-12 day LP.

I didn't get my first extremely faint + with my younger one until the night of 12 DPO. With my older one, I got my first faint + on cycle day 28 (wasn't charting at the time) after a negative at CD 25.

My chances are super slim of being pregnant, and yet it is so weird with all the symptoms I have had in the past week, I am going a little nuts.
If this is just your first cycle after having your IUD out, I wouldn't put much faith in a "normal" chart. Even though it wasn't a hormonal IUD, it will take a couple to get your cycle in the groove i would think.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Holly - *maybe* if you were a few days pregnant just maybe, *if* and you miscarried, I don't think you would need the rhogam because there wouldn't be blood flowing in the fetus yet, I could be wrong how many mothers who do have chemicals and never even think to test who have the rH factor would have troubles, KWIM?
When was your mc? I had a 12-13 week MC and the second cycle after my period was a nightmare...very heavy and clotty and I wasn't pregnant. to you
it would have to be 8 weeks or so or longer to even have to worry about it... before then, the placenta is not functioning... and as early as you would have been if this were a chemical pregnancy the baby would not even have blood cells formed yet.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 AM

Holly- if you did have a chemical, I wouldn't worry about the RH thing. I am RH- and miscarried @ 12 weeks (embryo stopped growing at 9,) and they told me in the ER that I was on the early end of needing Rhogam.

As for me, I am waiting on a delayed O... CD 17, nothing yet.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 AM

Hi ladies! Adalynsmom, congrats!!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Mother's Day, moms and non-moms (yet!) alike I've had a bit of a mixed day-- a really great lunch with my whole family and husband, which is always special to me, and a great BD that I'm hoping will result in a little one but it was a little sad, briefly, with that moment of "I thought I'd be a mom by now." A commercial got to me, heh, and I burst into tears... but no matter, I'm over it now and staying positive!

We're just a little ways into May and three BFPs. I want to see that list grow! Mostly, though, I hope and pray for all of us that we can enjoy our lives and families, and that we can find comfort in this journey. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to get excited for the 2ww (I'm CD 18 and had EWCM and a positive OPK, so I'm nearly in it!). It really can be a magical time... the closest I've ever gotten to being pregnant is that amazing "What if?" feeling during the 2ww, and while it's disappointing to end up not being pregnant, I appreciate that time of possibility. I'm going to try to go with that

I'll borrow a line from Stevi... everyone have a reproductive week!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 AM

Holly- That sounds a lot like my mc/chemical a few years ago, I got a very faint positive that never got darker and lost it five days later, super duper heavy clotty period. But unless you were to get a blood test right away to confirm you have elevated hcg you'll probably never know. (I did get a blood test at the time to confirm.) Since it's so early it wouldn't take long to go back to "non-pregnant" levels. I'm also pretty sure it's way too early to need rhogam (although on that topic I'd speficially ask for bay-rhoD, same thing different brand but it's mercury-free and rhogam is not) for the reasons others stated, although I did not ask when I had my mc because I'm rh+. Hugs to you

AFM...well, hmm. I asked to be moved to "waiting to O" because I was sure AF was here. Crampy and had blood when I wiped...once. Two and a half days later I have had NOTHING in my mooncup since. I also got a negative test this morning. So I guess I'm still Waiting to Know.

I ran out of IC tests and just have a FRER left so I'm really going to try and give it a few days to see if AF decides to get on the ball before I start throwing away money on tests. If not, and if I manage to keep myself from making a trip to Dollar Tree sometime this week, I'll probably test again Friday if she hasn't shown.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 AM

Adalynsmom, congrats on your lovely Mother's Day gift!

So I've decided to finally join this thread officially after much lurking and the occasional post. I am currently Waiting to Know, but pretty sure I'm not pregnant this month. I'm 11 dpo, possibly 10 dpo, have tested negative the last few days. Just not feeling it this month, but okay with that somehow. I'm looking forward to the next cycle and feeling good about it.

Bit of an intro--I'm nearly 39, have 3 kids, ages 10, 7, and 5.5. We had a surprise pregnancy last year that ended in m/c around 8 weeks. I was totally devastated, because I'd secretly wanted another baby for a couple of years before that. DH agreed to try again, but we waited until I had a bunch of much needed dental work done and started TTC this January. I got pregnant in both February and April, both were chemical pregnancies. I started charting in Feb. for the first time, which has been very helpful.

I'm taking a ton of supplements: maca, epo, b complex, E, C, L-arginine, and started taking royal jelly and bee pollen recently.

I will give my chart link next cycle (unless I'm wrong and I am knocked up this cycle). It was weird this month, uncertain O date, and I haven't temped consistently in the last week.

Baby Dust all around!!!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 AM

Well, I had a nice day, and so far no after depression! I spent the entire day with three kids whom I love to pieces and their Dad, whom I loved very much not long ago.

Wish me luck that my mood lasts through the night!

And, ditto what Miraim Bat Avrahem said... Everybody have a Reproductive Week!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 AM

Thanks ladies! Knew i could count on you for some sound advice! I didn't know that it wasn't until the placenta formation that you need to worry about the rh stuff. Def good to know!!

Finnegan'smom...I had my 12.5 week m/c before my ds. It was our first pregnancy and it was horrible. i'll never get over that experience because it was made worse by the fact that the ob on call did not believe me and i called four times throughout the night in extreme pain (dh even had to call because i couldn't talk i was moaning and getting in all different positions trying to make the pain stop) and my ob kept telling me it was nothing and there was no way i'd be m/c that late since i'd already had two perfect looking ultrasounds and that it was probably just constipation it makes me mad just thinking about it. I basically labored all night (11pm til 5ish am) and then pushed out the baby (it was an uncontrollable push and felt so terrible...feeling the slippery little sack

Anyway sorry to rant and sorry if i just tramatized anyone by reading it... i'll never get over the experience though...it was so sad

Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 AM

Boringness here. Nothing to report...just checking in.

Congrats on the BFP's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Anyway sorry to rant and sorry if i just tramatized anyone by reading it... i'll never get over the experience though...it was so sad
That was one of the hardest things for me to read in a long time only because I went through the same physical experience with my 13 week loss...

I cant explain the terror I relived all the time early on with Mae (the little one in my tummy... if anyone hadn't realized is a girl!) just because she is due so close to when my angel was...

Luckily it all seems to have been unfounded.

I hope you have much better luck this cycle.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Adalynsmom - Congratulations!!

s to everyone AF found! EVIL!

Just thought I would pop in, Nothing new to report. CD10, Going to start with the OPK's tomorrow! and let the fun begin! ...

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 AM

AdalynsMama, congratulations!

12DPO here. My lower abdominal area looks bigger, so either I'm pregnant (could it even look bigger already?) or just getting fat. It still hasn't shrunk back all the way to normal from my last pregnancy (my son just turned 1), but through pilates it was getting close, so I'll be kind of annoyed if I've backtracked.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
That was one of the hardest things for me to read in a long time only because I went through the same physical experience with my 13 week loss...

I cant explain the terror I relived all the time early on with Mae (the little one in my tummy... if anyone hadn't realized is a girl!) just because she is due so close to when my angel was...

Luckily it all seems to have been unfounded.

I hope you have much better luck this cycle.
Thanks for the hugs...and i know that terror because with ds i felt so nervous the whole first half of the pregnancy and never just got to "enjoy" it.

AND congrats on the girl!!! I was wondering because i noticed your changed your loading screen to PINK guess I was right

Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM

holly- im sorry you went through that with your first pg, and i really hate that it still upsets your about how it happened and how your doc treated you. but even if the ob took it seriously, and i dont know why any ob that has a pg patient call up, four times, and say ive got bad pain wouldnt take it seriously, but even if he/she had, truly, they wouldnt have been able to do anything to change the outcome, they probably wouldnt even have given you anything for pain. probably the only difference would have been you would have had that horrible experience in the bathroom in an e.r., you know, plus they would have slapped you with a bigger hospital bill for your suffering there, to add insult to injury. i hope you changed doctors.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.

User Tag List