The Fabulous ONE Thread - May 15th to May 22nd - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 207 Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm at cd2, if you could move me to waiting to O. Yuck to AF, but it's pretty rad to have confirmation that I ovulated exactly when I thought I did. So, woo hoo, I guess. Heh.

I'm interested to see if my 2nd cycle off b/c will yield a shorter/more predictable cycle this time.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#182 of 207 Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM

You ladies who aren't "feeling it".
I'e been pregnant 3 times, and never really felt "it". The only times I really felt pregnant where cycles I was totally not pregnant and got 29538729 BFNs. So hang in there.... I'm starting to believe that the more pregnancy points and symptoms and whatever I feel, the less likely I am to be pregnant. to you.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#183 of 207 Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 PM

Vivica,
The thing that stood out to me about your chart is that your temps are overall a lot higher this month. Have you changed anything about your external environment that might have contributed to that (ie, turning up the heat, adding a blanket, different temping time)? And it sounds like your temps are climbing but you don't think you actually ovulated yet? Could there be something else causing that temp spike? A fever for the last couple of days? I don't know much about EPO, but I thought it was used to affect cervical mucous.

Holly,
I have a really good feeling about this month for you. I bet you were saucy in your purple dress. and I think we should all try to use the word saucy more. I resolve to.

Miriam,
Waiting for a baby is waiting for a baby, no matter the form that takes. It's hard. Whether it's a physical loss or not, not holding a baby is a loss. I think you're doing a great job staying positive. It's just hard to be sometimes.

Stevi,
here's to hoping you're smiling this evening!

sending fsh-stimulating, ovulatory, embryo-forming, implantation vibes to all of you!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#184 of 207 Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 PM

Finnegansmom,
so true! I have felt many more symptoms the months I've not been pregnant. The month I actually was... nothin'

and these FF points you all speak of... bah! that sounds like a horrible way to get people's hopes up only to have them come crashing down... and you call yourself a friend!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#185 of 207 Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Date was a dud, but the magic show was hilarious! So, I'm home earlier than expected and plan to spend the evening painting.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#186 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 12:33 AM

scarlet- check out in the stickys on the top of the ttc forum page- look for "ode to my chart." i agree, ff is not really a friend, it's more like a frenemy, as they say in hollywood. fertility frenemy. at 7 dpo and not even temping, im only 4 pts shy of my pregnancy points high from last month. whah?? and as far as not feeling it, 2 of my 3 pregnancies, including with my twins, i wasnt feeling it till almost 8 wks, when it finally occured to me to test. so who knows.

stevi, sorry date was a dud.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#187 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 AM

So I had a dream last night that I took an OPK and it was positive and written on the IC were the words "please test your hcg" so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. And I was sitting at my computer trying to take pictures of the tests and my husband walked in and I was trying to hid all these pregnancy tests and they just kept falling everywhere. Very weird.

Karma, how many points do you have???

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#188 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 AM

31 today, at 8dpo, more than last month. last month i had sore bbs, for the first time i think in my life mid-luteal, and in the middle of that i had that maybe sort of little bit of a line on an ic, that went away when the soreness went away. yesterday they hurt again, but today they dont.

#189 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 PM

FM,
I had my first dream last night about taking a pregnancy test. it was positive, so I hid it in a large pot and told my husband I had made him something and lifted the lid off the top to surprise him. so funny.

karmab,
I loved your ode. so funny. i love how we can all resonate with all of the little jokes in there and all of the lingo. what a funny world we're all in right now.

#190 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
31 today, at 8dpo, more than last month. last month i had sore bbs, for the first time i think in my life mid-luteal, and in the middle of that i had that maybe sort of little bit of a line on an ic, that went away when the soreness went away. yesterday they hurt again, but today they dont.
Karma, doesn't estrogen surge again around 7-8 DPO (which accounts for a temp dip as well)? I know it surges right before ovulation too, which is why nursing becomes REALLY painful for me.

Michelle ~

#191 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM

hmm, yes it does. thanks fm!

#192 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
hmm, yes it does. thanks fm!
When are you testing? I have a good feeling about you this month.

I am going to wait until next Monday (I should be around 12 dpo ish).
IF and ONLY IF I do no have any spotting or pre-AF EWCM before hand.

I only have 2 tests in the house anyways so that's a good way to not go crazy testing.

Michelle ~

#193 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 02:32 PM

i took an inventory a couple days ago. i think i have 2 frers, 1 cbed, 4 ics, and 1 $tree that i bought by mistake when i picked up some opks. so, enough to start any time now, but im not sure when im gonna start testing. ff says at 10 dpo, only 10% of preg women will actually test pos. isnt that discouraging?

#194 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
hah - i'm 31 points today at 8dpo, too. Had an impressive temp dip this morning - i guess due to the estrogen surge (thanks, finnegansmom).

I might be able to hold off POASing until Wed - 10dpo.

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#195 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 PM

you know what i think? ff is on vacation in cabo, sipping a pina colada, and left word with the babysitter- ok, now on 8dpo, give everybody..ummm...31 points, yeah, that's it.

and fertility frenemy also told me today, "if you dont start temping again, missy, we are taking away your crosshairs. now go to your room!" what a bi-otch. i might take a temp tomorrow, if i wake up on time. my kids are out of school for the summer now, so i can sleep an hour later. if i take another temp, maybe ff will let me have dessert tomorrow night.

#196 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 02:48 PM

boring me. Had some sharp crampy type feelings starting 2DPO...havent had any today yet. am stuffy, exhausted(but could be the TX heat) so nothing just yet..but it's WAY early. My bb's only feel heavy when I think about them..lol
#197 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 03:51 PM

Hi all, I'm back from my vacation, and ready to go! Can I please be moved to 2ww?

It's a reaaally long shot, but I'm in.

Can you please take a look at my chart here?

I have dotted cross hairs at CD8. Unfortunately, I forgot my thermometer when I went on vacation, so I am missing a vast chunk of temps. Do you think there is hope for me? CD8 is reaaaalllllly early for O.
#198 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM

scarletjane- what a saucy idea! re telling DH by means of HPT in a pot. I know it was a dream, but i may borrow that plan, should the need ever arise You could tell DH you are cooking him sauce... in the saucepan, lol.

karmab- you a a stronger woman than me! i'd so be wasting tests right now.

AM mwahahaha (I am in a saucy mood, in case you can't tell) It looks like O happened. Three high temps, baby! I don't know if it was 1, 2, or 3 days ago, but FF says 3. Question: so if you get maximum O pains the day of the rise, and tons of CF that day still, and it's your 3rd ++ opk day... is that the most likely O day? Yesterday first thing in the AM I still had clear stretchy CF (but it could have been residue, or a mix) and CP was medium open still, but firm. But by 11am it had clearly dried up and CP was finally at it's LFC shifted back position. I have read that the day of O is when you have the gangbusters CF and it rapidly begins to dry up. But I have always been a 'slow gal': long cycles, slow to rise, slow to dry, slow to gear up to O, slow for CP to line up, multiple +opk days, slow for my surge to wind down too, I guess. Going by the ideal yesterday was the first - and had the clear shift from CF to no CF, more fertile CP to infertile state CP. So that should be the O day, correct? Except it was also the second day of my rise. Agh, confusion.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#199 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM

sml, you had ewcm on cd14? i might guess around then. that's around when you o'd last month, right, or around cd16 maybe last month. you could fill in those missing temps to make it look all kinds of different ways, but i'd say cd 16 is a reasonable guess for this month too.

#200 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM

tara - an astounding +4 for your use of the word of the week! well played, tara, well played!

from the chart i think it would be reasonable to say cd18 if you thought that was closer.

#201 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
the word of the week!
???? what is this?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#202 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 05:09 PM

oooh, so many charts to watch. you all are getting me so excited. It's like i'm in the 2ww all month, since when i'm not waiting on my own cycle, i get to be excited about other people's. i'll just recline here and watch the show, thank you.

Tara2, you do win the saucy award. If this forum was a small town in the midwest, you would be our sauce-queen. Here's to hoping we all get to lift the proverbial lid off the pot this month.
As for your chart.. i think it happened on cd17 or cd18. but not yesterday. but i'm pretty swayed by temps. on what day did you feel particularly saucy? my chart has a special line for that. i didn't see that box on your chart.

SML27, I don't think it was CD 8 either.. partly because that's not your usual pattern and additionally because of the EW on CD14. so.. i say it was sometime between CD14 and CD18. I know that's a wide window and probably doesn't really help.

karmab, hahaha. if you and fertility frenemy need some mediation, let us all know. Maybe we just need to sit down together... and you two could, um, arm wrestle or something? that reminds me of a bumper sticker i saw once...

"mediators do it until everyone is satisfied"

okay, keep up with the show, guys. some of us are a little bored here while we just wait for our ovaries to do their thang.

#203 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
you know what i think? ff is on vacation in cabo, sipping a pina colada, and left word with the babysitter- ok, now on 8dpo, give everybody..ummm...31 points, yeah, that's it.

and fertility frenemy also told me today, "if you dont start temping again, missy, we are taking away your crosshairs. now go to your room!" what a bi-otch. i might take a temp tomorrow, if i wake up on time. my kids are out of school for the summer now, so i can sleep an hour later. if i take another temp, maybe ff will let me have dessert tomorrow night.

oh no it ditnt! it did! ff took a point away from me!!! i now have 30 pts, no joke. apparently it read what i wrote about it and had a little hissy fit. how passive aggressive!

#204 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 08:01 PM

karmab- thanks for the vote wow i can't believe FF would do that to you

scarletjane- ok i think CD18 I felt the most saucy of all. wait. well it's hard to tell. pretty much CD17,18 and 19 actually. Heck, even today, which is so unlike me, to feel saucy after O. Usually it's close up shop we're done for the week, sorry DH. Weird.

That reminds me. in other saucy news (ok ok i gotta stop. don't want to get carried away!) Please move me to 2ww

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#205 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 09:11 PM

#206 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM

miriam- dont be too nervous about the hsg. it's quick. and the more it hurts, the more likely it's actually doing some good in addition to providing info. but the whole thing from start to finish is just a long 15 mins, so breathe through it and think of babies.

cool about your dh's dream. my dh was comforting me last cd1, and he said 'don't give up yet' more than what he said was the way he said it. when i think it will never happen and i get down, i replay that in my head and i hear his tone of voice and it really settles me.

how many scrabble points would you get for last week's word: "hiscontribution" i guess that's two words, huh, but i bet it would be a lot.

im gonna go check and see how many more points ff has taken for me for being extra saucilicious.

#207 of 207 Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

New thread is here.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page