Mothering Forum banner

poasaa (pee on a stick addicts anonymous)

7K views 126 replies 34 participants last post by  livesay 
#1 ·
As i'm sure i'm not the only poas addict on this forum i thought it would be a good idea to start up support thread to offer encouragement to those of us trying to desperately resist the urge to pee on every hpt they have in the house even though they are only 4dpo, or offer
's to those (like me
) who did and

See less See more
#52 ·
Yup. Total addict over here. Last night I gave all my tests (10 Ics, 2 FRERs, and some silly blue dye one) to DH and told him to hide them from me until next Friday! We'll see how well he does when I'm bugging him like an insane person on Tuesday. LOL!! 1/2DPO today so a long way to go. :p

Great thread but it's going to make it even harder for me to resist!!

#53 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
Yup. Total addict over here. Last night I gave all my tests (10 Ics, 2 FRERs, and some silly blue dye one) to DH and told him to hide them from me until next Friday! We'll see how well he does when I'm bugging him like an insane person on Tuesday. LOL!! 1/2DPO today so a long way to go. :p

Great thread but it's going to make it even harder for me to resist!!
don't worry we'll be here for support when your finding it hard to resist the urge i've not o'd yet this cycle and i've already poas 3 times
so i deffo know how hard it is

#54 ·
I was going to wait till saturday to start using my OPK's but decided to start instead because my cycles are that messed up i don't know when i'm going o it was negative it had the lightest faintest line i have ever seen on an OPK.

#55 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyand3littlemonsters View Post
I was going to wait till saturday to start using my OPK's but decided to start instead because my cycles are that messed up i don't know when i'm going o it was negative it had the lightest faintest line i have ever seen on an OPK.
Mine are usually stark white or have a VERY light line the day before they go ridiculously positive so you never know! Keep POAS (as if you need encouragement!!)! LOL!

#56 ·
HI ladies! Love this thread!

I have an 8 month old and not really TTC, but not exactly trying not to. My cycle hasn't come back yet. . .but this still doesn't stop my POAS addction. Ha ha.

Last time, I had decided that I wouldn't hunt for a line, so actually probably missed a faint line on a test before I got a really + one. Then after that + I took about 20 tests over the next month. I was so scared that I would suddenly wake up not pg one day and besides watching that + line appear each morning was amazing! I never got tired of it. But my DH thought I was crazy and so did the employees at the local $tree store as I kept going back and buying out their stock of tests. (They only kept 5 on the shelf at a time it seemed.)

Right now I am having to stop myself from buying the $tree tests online. .. b/c online you have to buy them in bulk. . .so you can get 70 tests for $70! Probably shouldn't be telling you ladies this
I can't do it. . .too crazy.

But I have taken two blue ink (walgreens cheapos) in the last month. I keep being suspicious of pg, but not really sure what signs to look for since I am nursing this time. The one I took a few weeks ago was a definite - the one I took today, I thought I saw a faint faint line. But probably not. Need a trip to dollar tree!

Anyway, nice to have the POAS company!

#57 ·
If it's confession time...Went to Walgreens this AM and bought 2 boxes of FRERs (the ones that come in packs of 3) and a pack of Answer, AND I already have 2 FRER digis at home.

#58 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
Mine are usually stark white or have a VERY light line the day before they go ridiculously positive so you never know! Keep POAS (as if you need encouragement!!)! LOL!
no not really but i can use it as more of an excuse
l

Quote:

Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
HI ladies! Love this thread!

I have an 8 month old and not really TTC, but not exactly trying not to. My cycle hasn't come back yet. . .but this still doesn't stop my POAS addction. Ha ha.

Last time, I had decided that I wouldn't hunt for a line, so actually probably missed a faint line on a test before I got a really + one. Then after that + I took about 20 tests over the next month. I was so scared that I would suddenly wake up not pg one day and besides watching that + line appear each morning was amazing! I never got tired of it. But my DH thought I was crazy and so did the employees at the local $tree store as I kept going back and buying out their stock of tests. (They only kept 5 on the shelf at a time it seemed.)

Right now I am having to stop myself from buying the $tree tests online. .. b/c online you have to buy them in bulk. . .so you can get 70 tests for $70! Probably shouldn't be telling you ladies this
I can't do it. . .too crazy.

But I have taken two blue ink (walgreens cheapos) in the last month. I keep being suspicious of pg, but not really sure what signs to look for since I am nursing this time. The one I took a few weeks ago was a definite - the one I took today, I thought I saw a faint faint line. But probably not. Need a trip to dollar tree!

Anyway, nice to have the POAS company!
i bought my tests from amazon 15 for £2.90
, hope it was a +

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
If it's confession time...Went to Walgreens this AM and bought 2 boxes of FRERs (the ones that come in packs of 3) and a pack of Answer, AND I already have 2 FRER digis at home.

i have 12 IC and 1 clear blue digital and am planning to buy 4 double packs of first response because they are buy 1 get 1 free

#59 ·
Just a quick q for all the lovely poasa why do blue dye tests give more false positives than pink dye tests? this really confuses me does the blue ink stick to the pee more than the pink or something or is it a flaw? i'm just wondering as my 2
i got when i was pregnant with my ds caden where on blue dye tests.

#61 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamalove1 View Post
I want to pee on a stick and get a bfp!!!!! This is killing me!!!!!
welcome to the club hun
hope you get a nice
soon

#62 ·
would I have to be pg with triplets to get a positive test at 4 dpo? doesn't make me stop thinking about it and counting the days over and over and over again!

#66 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozark View Post
Ughhhh I need to join.

I had a hella faint line this morning on a dollar store test, then left the house to distract myself. I'm dizzy and nauseas and I'm STILL fighting the urge to go buy more tests...

My name is Ozark, and I think I have a problem.
Pics?

#67 ·
I think something is wrong with me! My urge to poas is gone. I am 9dpo and up until today I was stalking my chart and every other chart on ff to see if they could give me some sort of clue, over analyzing every little twinge and headache, and staring at mdc to see if maybe the answer is in a thread started 8 months ago... And now, today, I haven't wondered about my symptoms or had the urge to buy more tests or take the remaining 3 hpts I have.

I'd definitely be disappointed if AF showed up tomorrow, but I am not obsessing anymore and itching to take another hpt. What happened to me?! Is that deffo a sign that I'm not preggo?

#68 ·
Sarah, it could be, but not necessarily. I was super obsessive one month, POAS from, um, 5dpo.
Then AF showed up EARLY - almost a week early! I was shocked and disappointed. Next month was not so productive, if you will, and I was not expecting anything. I didn't obsess. I was actually grateful at one point that I wasn't pg (my 5yo was in the hospital).

I came home one night while DS was in the hospital, expecting AF early again, and took an HPT just 'cause they were burning a hole in the cabinet.
Got some weird evaps, maybe? But AF was clearly coming so I went on my way. Two days later we came home from the hospital for good, and I glanced at the tests, still on the counter. PINK. Not evaps, very clearly there. Took more tests, more positives! Sure enough, AF hadn't ever really shown up (the beauty of menstrual cups - you don't have to mess with it enough to know if nothing happened!
).

So, for me, it was the month I was NOT obsessive and was convinced I was NOT pg that I was. I'm nearly 15 weeks now.

Hope it's as positive a week for you!

#71 ·
Quote:

M2TM- It doesn't seem legit enough to post, and is probably negative. Today I took a FRER, and another $ store test and both were negative. Today I am 13DPO and AF is 2 days away. I guess I will have a better idea by Monday.

I'll post today's test so you can laugh at my obsessive ways.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

ozark~ i think i see a faint line on that test

I'm 15 or 14dpo and so far no sign of af and thought i saw a hint of a line on the last dollar tree i had.

My FF Chart 15dpo

MY TCOYF Chart 14dpo

for you both

#72 ·
Quote:

M2TM- It doesn't seem legit enough to post, and is probably negative. Today I took a FRER, and another $ store test and both were negative. Today I am 13DPO and AF is 2 days away. I guess I will have a better idea by Monday.

I'll post today's test so you can laugh at my obsessive ways.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
i feel like something is there too!
for you!

#73 ·
Thank you! Thank you!

I don't know what to think though, I just used the bathroom and there was a tinge of blood. FINGERS ARE CROSSED SO HARD THEY ARE TURNING PURPLE!

Finnegansmom, SoCaliMommy, it would be sweet if we were in the same ddc! Good luck to both of you two too!

#74 ·
Quote:

Thank you! Thank you!

I don't know what to think though, I just used the bathroom and there was a tinge of blood. FINGERS ARE CROSSED SO HARD THEY ARE TURNING PURPLE!

Finnegansmom, SoCaliMommy, it would be sweet if we were in the same ddc! Good luck to both of you two too!

hopefully will be implantation

#75 ·
I ordered myself some first response early detection HPT's from superdrug online today they were buy 1 get 1 free so i ordered 4 double packs.
do you think i'll have enough HPT's for when my time comes LOL with
8 first response
12 IC and
1 clear blue digital.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.