poasaa (pee on a stick addicts anonymous) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2013, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a poas for about a 3 years and I said when I turn 45I am going to stop but I had a random episode of blood noted on dh(Tmi) inside of underwear after BABY DANCE and here I go is it implantation ? Is It ovulation?I didn't test this month because I was suppose to stop I have no symptoms at all no period but I have been late before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 PM

I just can't stand the ANTICIP...................................................................
………………………………………………………….................................
………………………………………..PATION! (read it like Tim Curry in black lingere)

So here I am, innocently lurking along being only 4 to 6 days late and in the throwes of hypnotic antcip...... pation, of the desire to see NOT a solitary, but TWO.....SOLID....PINK.... LINES!!!  I've already peed on one stick.  It didn't work.  So I decided to read these archives for solace and strength knowing I shouldn't pee utill a week from now.  Then  I read this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amila View Post

I seriously went through like 50 tests, lol. But I got a BFP at 6 DPO so theres hope! Lol.

Yes, I know it is an ancient post.  It did not help my resistance. It made me go hmmmmm. 

Of course I can't afford 50 tests. So I re-affirmed my resolve anyway, when  to make matters worse, I read this quote to my husband.  I expected him to laugh.  He did.  But then without skipping a beat, he raised one eyebrow cutely and said cheerfully "Should I go to the store?"

What a wait.  I don't know how to wait for such things.  Dinner at a restaurant, coffee at a cafe, sure.  In the line at the grocery store, no problem,  for slow moving paperwork, okay.  But maybe pregnant?... it fills most my waking thought.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 PM

How have I not posted in here lately? LOL. It's been awhile? I guess? I seem to be 6 dpo, evening of. How did I get here? And NO testing to date. :) When is a 'reasonable' time to start testing lol? I hadn't tested for a few years cuz we hadnt been trying or anything. When I got pg with my daughter it was out of the blue and I was on pause from my poas addiction and did not test --did not think I could possibly be pg--until, get this 16/17 dpo! Amazing. the last couple months I had a chance to be pg, technically so I had these early tests in the house and tested like a madwoman and was, admittedly, unhealthily obsessive. I ended up testing from about 1dpo. No seriously but it was because I thought I had O'd already and hadn't. So was testing at 4-5 days PRIOR to O there. Wow. Then realized the real O when it occurred, the chance was still there, so I couldn't stop testing once I had started, could I? I mean, all these tests were in the house.;)

This month I needed to relax and let it all go. Happy to say have been successful with that so far. Not successful as in BFP but as in I have not been obsessing or testing at all! Go me.

The last week of cycle though, could bring it home if I'm not careful. Not going to obsess this time. Just not.

There may be one test lying around here though. If so, when is a reasonable time to use it? Please don't say 14dpo, cuz I don't even have a 14 day LP...

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

Old 11-01-2013, 05:40 PM

gah...total poas addict!!!! I havent even O'd yet, not till the 3rd.....and I am contemplating going to buy some OPK's just so I have something to pee on...even though I dont need them, my body is like clock work!!! I usually make it till about 6 DPO before I actually start peeing on things:)

Momma of 6 beautiful boys.4 stolen, one buried, one a grown man.(20) Starting life again, TTC.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

It's True.

I Made a video to chronicle the craziness. I am 4-5 days Late. But nursing a 7 month old, so that could explain it. I have been peeing on sticks every day for like 5 days because we were Unprotected about 11 days ago. I THOUGHT I saw 'SOMETHING' Nearly each time!!! It's making me nuts cuz my husband cant see it. I'm trying really hard NOT to 'waste a test' today but save it for a few days from now...It was prob an Evap....

I made a Video to Chronicle the craziness.

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 PM

Im an addict too but after O happens . Been holding off and now 13dpo. Over seeing bfn
Old 12-16-2013, 03:26 PM

Background story: I have extremely irregular periods. Always have. I will go 8+ moths without a period and AF will finally show up for a couple days then the same cycle happens. I will have a normal cycle with birth control of course. So I have been off birth control for 10months. We have been trying. Months go by and still AF or BFP. Nov. we went to a fertility doctor. He put me on Provera to start AF and Clomid to O. Nov. 18th- AF. Dec. 2nd- O. I took a HPT 7DPO and got a BFN.

So that leads up to today. I'm 14DPO. I tested this morning and still got a BFN. I called the doctor like I was suppose to after my 2WW and his nurse said that he wanted to do a blood test just to make sure since it is the most accurate and depending on the results either schedule a pregnancy app or start Provera and Clomid round 2. What are the chances that I could get my BFP on the blood test? I feel like we did everything right. The doctor said our only problem was that I wasn't ovulating. I understand it could be positive if my levels weren't high enough before. I've just been really upset all day because I really thought my BFP was today. Opinions please?

Thank you,
Katrice.

User Tag List