evap line or positive (photo)??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever had an evap line this obvious and colored?

I'm totally NOT trying to get pregnant, but I'm waaay late with a whole slew of pregnancy symptoms. I've gotten mixed results with tests, but all have a colored evap line (evaps shouldn't be colored... ) within 10 minutes, even if faint. I *should* be about 13 dpo (possibly up to 15dpo since my cycles have been messed up since I stopped breastfeeding my 9-month-old son).

I'm just dying to know if I definitely am or definitely am not, and all the 5 different tests I've taken have really similar outcomes. Gahhhh.

Picture is a little blurry, sorry. My camera sucks. Can't figure out how to post a photo (let me know if you know), so one of these links has to work!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...pinklineys.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...g?t=1274629453

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...pinklineys.jpg

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#2 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 01:09 PM

If there is a line showing up within 10 min, even if it's faint, I'd think BFP - you may just be early enough (even being 13dpo) to where the HCG isn't high enough to make it really dark yet. Get an FRER or a digital!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#3 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 01:28 PM

That certainly does not look like an evap to me (if it came up in the time limit)

the only tests I know of that give you a colored line in the time limit and you end up NOT being pregnant is blue dye... if you are getting a faint pink line before 10 minutes is up, you are more than likely pregnant.

Because I dont know what brand that test is... I would have to say theres a chance its not even a very sensitive one and a more sensitive test (such as a FRER) could even be blaringly positive by now...

but even if a FRER is faint... I had a faint bfp on a FRER at 13dpo and now my little girly is due in 16 weeks!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
If there is a line showing up within 10 min, even if it's faint, I'd think BFP - you may just be early enough (even being 13dpo) to where the HCG isn't high enough to make it really dark yet. Get an FRER or a digital!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
That certainly does not look like an evap to me (if it came up in the time limit)

the only tests I know of that give you a colored line in the time limit and you end up NOT being pregnant is blue dye... if you are getting a faint pink line before 10 minutes is up, you are more than likely pregnant.

Because I dont know what brand that test is... I would have to say theres a chance its not even a very sensitive one and a more sensitive test (such as a FRER) could even be blaringly positive by now...

but even if a FRER is faint... I had a faint bfp on a FRER at 13dpo and now my little girly is due in 16 weeks!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#5 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 04:14 PM

It looks like a BFP to me. Let us know how if you get FRER and how it goes or even if you test tomorrow and its more noticable!! Waiting anxiously.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#6 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm guessing you are pregnant if the lines (no matter how faint) came up in less than 10 minutes. Especially since you took more than one test with similar results.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#7 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 05:27 PM

To fix the blurriness, take the picture from further away. And use the highest quality setting on your camera. Then you can crop it in the computer later.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#8 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, sorry. The test is Answer brand. The first three tests I took were Clearblue Easy (because I got a positive at 9dpo with my last baby), but they were all semi-positive but not really solidly within the time limit. Or it would look greyish until it dried, then it looked blue. I don't trust the blue ink, so I got the two pink ones.

FRER are not my favorite. In my experience, they've been less sensitive. I have three kids and not once have I had my first positive been on an FRER, so I felt like I was always just wasting money.

I didn't get a BFP until 15dpo with my first baby. Second one was about 13dpo. Third was 9dpo.

I plan on getting a Dollar Tree test (love those!) tomorrow. It just seems like the tests aren't getting any darker. They all *look* positive, but they're slow positives that appear just before the 10 minute mark or they look evapish until they dry and then have color. And my first test was like 5 days ago and they still seem just as light (although with my last baby, they were light light light until like 15dpo).

So frustrating. But my AF is something like *checks chart* 14 days late. And I'm a moody b*tch right now, sore boobs, crampy, cervix is very firm, very high (so high I can't always reach it), very closed, and I've been absolutely starving lately.

We only DTD one time that could have resulted in this, and even then I would have had to ovulate late late (like day 30 - my normal is day 21-22). Here's a hopefully clearer picture of both the pink ink tests, one from yesterday, one from today.

I have just never in my life had an evap line look so pink or so clear!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...epreg001-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...epreg001-1.jpg

I'll let you know (probably with a picture when I'm still confused tomorrow) what the results are of the next preg test. Maybe I'll get some cheapies and some expensive tests, for full variety. Hell, I should just get a centrifuge and do my own blood test! It would probably be cheaper in the long run!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#9 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM

I've taken my fair share if Answer tests and never had a pink evap line, or any evap, really, even after hours or digging them out of the trash. They've always been stark white if they're negative. If you have two like that, I think you are probably pregnant.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#10 of 15 Old 05-23-2010, 11:45 PM

I totally see pink, especially in the second batch of pics! Very faint, but it's there.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#11 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 AM

I am guessing you have never seen an evap that pink, because they are not evaps, I say they are positives.

I will stalk this tomorrow, excited to see your $ test.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#12 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

I definitely have mixed feelings about this, since our son just turned 9 months old. We were not planning on another one until they would be 23 months apart (that's our consistent pattern). We are getting married in August, and have plans for an elaborate honeymoon of lounging on a foreign beach, drinking martinis, and lots of sex. But if I'm three months pregnant...

And I wanted a boyyyy. Lol. *whine* Our first two are girls. My plan was to have the last two be boys. So far, so good. Except that since we didn't plan this, it's more likely to be a girl since we didn't exactly DTD on ovulation day ('cause I have no idea when ovulation day was!). Eeep.

ALSO... I had three c-sections. I am planning a completely natural homebirth VBA3C for my fourth and final child. If I'm pregnant now, that means my incision could be less healed than it would be if we waited until our son was at least a year old to get pregnant, and it might make the homebirth midwives at the practice I'll be using wary. That is truly my biggest worry.

I'll post on here what the tests DH is bringing home from work for me tonight determine in the morning. Sooo nervous.

#13 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 AM

looks like to me

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#14 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Took two this morning. FRERs. Two definite BFNs.

Whew. I'm done obsessing. Just trying to figure out where AF is. Maybe chemical preg?

#15 of 15 Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM

.. can anyone else c what I do? ?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page