The FABULOUS ONE THREAD - May 30th to June 5th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2010, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread - May 30th to June 5th!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all TTCers on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
alireb
AmyPDX
Avasmomm
babygrey
BeauGeek
brunetta
BunnyMcFluff
CLH X3
Hesperia
iheartmyfamily
jeminijad
jenniferadurham
Julie1014
LaceyBourke
lafemmedesfemmes
Lousli
Lydiah
Maurine
maxnmaizy
maybe4babies
miriam_bat_avraham
MommyMatsumoto
Moon Angel
Moonfireglow
MrsMike
outerspacemama
Ravin
Sarabravo
SimplyRochelle
SML27
Spinnerette
Stevi
Sweet.Bee
sweetest77
Tear78
Tkgrl88
TulsiLeaf
tigerlily1
WTHamI?

Waiting to Know (2ww)
amandasemele
Aly22681
aon1974
Beth1231
Keria
KingsDaughter76
Kyamo
MahnaMahna
mommytoallh
Phantaja
raindaisie
scarletjane
samy23
SommerdawnTTC1
suzywan
Tanikit
Tara2
3boobykins
Virginia884
Vivica2

Waitin' n Marinatin'

Waiting and Not Stressing
karmab
Tulpen88

Waiting for Aunt Flo

In our thoughts and hearts
MI_Dawn

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating husband to be ready

M.Q.

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
I Need Coffee

Waiting to be Ready
Blanca78
enigo [/COLOR]
Evergreen
HulaJenn
lovebug
sleepingbeauty

~PREGNANT~

June BFPs!
hollytheteacher

May BFPs!

AdalynsMama
•Adorkable•
annablue
DaddyM

finnegansmom
myk
nintendork

April BFPs!!!!

mumma cop kaz
TheDivineMrsM
ema-adama
Apmama07
brichole1214

March BFPs!!!!!
Alesmama07
BarefootGirl
NortheastSuperstar
YummyYumYumMama

theirmommy
Sobranna

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 07:30 PM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
whoo hoo new thread! congrats on all the BFP for may.

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 PM

Praying and hoping yet again that this will be our cycle for a BFP! Got a very dark + opk today on CD 11 which means I should ovulate in the next day or so. All signs and symptoms seem to agree with this. We are both taking Maca this cycle...and hope it helps us acheive sucess this time around. The Maca is for sure causing LOTS of ewcm and increased "Hubba Hubba" with me and DH! lol! It seems to up my ovulation day too...it did the last time I took it! SO anyways- I will be back once all the fun subsides and I get a chance to rest....haha!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Hi there. Will you please add raindaisie to 2WW? I'm currently 11dpo. I tested today with a FRER and think I saw a line. Except it was more of a squinter than anything -- not really sure if it was there or I only WANTED it to be there. Here's a link: http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=7338

I'm going to try to hold out to test again for a couple of days. We'll see how that works out! This morning, my gums bled while I brushed my teeth. The last time that happened, I was pregnant with DD. ?!!!! Coincidence? Maybe. But... maybe not????? Anyway, sitting on my hands, trying not to test again today. How's everyone else doing this weekend?

Kimberly (30), DH (33), Mama to DD 9/2/2007 & excited for June 2011!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:23 PM

I'm hoping like a fool that this will be my last one thread before I have to move on over to a ddc! I plan to test a week from today at 12 dpo.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 05-30-2010, 10:42 PM

I also really hope this is my last cycle here, fingers crossed.

I'm on day 6 of spotting. I'm so frustrated. Chart is here. I have no idea when, if at all, to start CD1. Spotting is so, well, spotty that I don't even need a panty liner, so I can hardly call it "light". Can anyone take a look at my chart and shed some light?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:11 PM

this morning, I thought my thermometer was broken because I got 96.64. So.. I took it again immediately, and got 96.66. I didn't even know it was possible to get a temp that low! My chart doesn't even go down that far, so I can't even chart it (I paper chart as well). Here's my wildly ugly online chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/256f5e

What's going on? Anyone had a chart like this? It's all over the place, then I had all of this post-menstrual spotting, now a temp plummet. yuck!

Anyway.. thanks for the new thread, mrsmike! How's everyone doing?

It is so funny that almost everyone in here is waiting to ovulate. I just went to stalk some waiting to know charts and there are only a few of them that are actually waiting to know. so strange!

To echo previous sentiments... i'm hoping this is the last month any of us are in this thread, and that in a month, this place will be abandoned and vacant like a dusty town in an old western.

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Scarlet, are you ovulating soon, like tomorrow?
What is your CM like?
A dip like that would lead me to believe your temp is about to go up up up.
Get busy!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 PM

Yes, I am gearing up most definitely. EWCM and lots of ovarian/uterine twinges, etc. I've just never had a plummet like that. But, uh, i'll go ahead and heed your advice <quickly shuts computer down and logs off>

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 PM

Once again, I can't seem to keep up with this thread, but I had to pop in to say congratulations Michelle!!! Lots of sticky baby vibes coming your way. I so hope to join you in the Feb. DDC!

I am hanging out at 5dpo, not temping, not planning to test until at least 12 dpo. My birthday is next Saturday, 11dpo, and I don't want to test before and spoil it with a BFN. If I got a positive, that would be a lovely present, but I'm not taking that chance!

Many fertile wishes to all!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:59 PM

Hey ladies! I've been so busy this weekend! Fri I had a BLAST with my girls watching SATC! SO fun! Sat went shopping and with my mom...she volunteers at a rescue place that takes in Lions, Tigers, Cougars, Jaguars and some other cats. I went with her to feed the cats! It was SO MUCH AMAZING fun! Then we stayed the night with my mom, came home this morning and then I went over to my aunt/uncle/cousins house(aunt and uncle are out of town) and had a mini party(there were only 4 adults..it was actually much more fun that way.) We swam all day, ate, swam some more. Fun times.

I am 10DPO and I've only gotten BFN's so far. I *might* be having *some* symptoms, but as memory serves me right...last cycle I had all of the symptoms, but wasnt pg. Hm....

The only ones I have so far:

~crampy(which could be either AF or PG)
~had a pretty bad cramp today(10DPO remember) on my right side, well above my ovary
~had a couple of dizzy spells(but could be bc I needed to eat)
~very right side of right BB is tender(but could be bc I've worn 3 diff bra's, 2 of them were a tad too small for me)
~have had pebbly poo..odd
~I pee'd 20 million times today and didnt really have anymore to drink than usual
~had a mixed coctail fri and only had *maybe* 10 sips and was blah/done
~eating like a pig...wait that's not a new sign....

so ALL of these could be TOTALLY nothing(which I'm sure they are) and its all in my head that I THINK that I'm pg.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 AM

kingsdaughter76, scarletjane-hope you had a rockin' (heh) good time! Fingers crossed for you

raindaisie-Sounds promising! Can't wait to hear an update

mommytoallh, SML27-I really hope you guys get to move on to your ddc soon

Happy early birthday, 3boobykins!

Sounds like you had a really great weekend, jenniferdurham. I hope you get your bfp this go 'round

AFM: 9dpo and no sign of O anytime soon. Last month I o'd on CD 21 so I may be waiting awhile (though I'm hopeful my cycle shortens up and regulates a little more each month. This will be my 2nd cycle off bc).

And can I just take a second to go a little crazy? We're really trying to have a baby. Wheeeeeeee!!!

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 AM

Thanks for the shiny new thread! Please move me to the 2ww.

Not 100% sure that I O'ed but I'm tired of WTF and considering it's like CD55 I'm bound to get AF one of these days, lol. It's possible I finally ovulated yesterday based on cm /cp pattern and OPKs although my temps are worthless because I'm sick and have a fever. If my basal is still over 98.0 after I get over this virus odds are good, that was my coverline most months back when I charted.

Going back to knitting small cute things for yet-to-be-created humans now.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyMcFluff View Post
And can I just take a second to go a little crazy? We're really trying to have a baby. Wheeeeeeee!!!
I love it!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 AM

Yay for a new thread! Boo for still not ovulating!

CD20 and now day 12 of fertile CM, and my temp yet again wasn't up this morning. I'm still cramping, though, so either I'm about to pop out an egg or about to get my...no, I won't say it. But you all know what I mean; I believe it starts with a swear word.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 AM

Hi everyone.
Looks like I might be coming back here afterall. I took another of the same test this morning, with FMU to see a darker line and it was anything but darker. It was actually really really light and took a while to come up. Things aren't looking good.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Hi everyone.
Looks like I might be coming back here afterall. I took another of the same test this morning, with FMU to see a darker line and it was anything but darker. It was actually really really light and took a while to come up. Things aren't looking good.
Remember the same test in the same box can be less sensitive, you could have had less hcg in your urine because of more fluid intake.... the list can go on & on. Everything has to be ok

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoallh View Post
Remember the same test in the same box can be less sensitive, you could have had less hcg in your urine because of more fluid intake.... the list can go on & on. Everything has to be ok
I know, this was FMU (as opposed to afternoon yet concentrated urine 2 days ago). I did get up to pee last night and I would say it looked the same color as the other test. The other test has been sitting for 2 days and I think it dried darker but STILL this line took a while to come up, is very thin is light pink and seems very ominous to me. I've been around the block enough to know when things aren't looking good.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM

Oh Michelle, I just don't feel like it's bad. I can't explain what is going on, but I just have a feeling it's going to work out. I hope I'm right, you have been through so much already.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:30 AM

I took more tests after I got my last BFP. I mean, I didn't need them anymore since I was pregnant. It drove me nuts though. After I ran out of HPT's I realized that I had some OPK's. DOn't need those either. SO I used those too
Then when I lost the pregnancy, I had to go out and buy more. It was at least another cycle worth of getting pregnant stuff.

Even though I lost that pregnancy early,(I just knew it from about 5 wks)
The tests didn't really start getting lighter until something started happening. Although they were lighter to begin with than I thought they should be.

It's so funny (Hahah! Right) It just occured to me that I took one HPT with DS and never even thought to check again. That pregnancy was perfect.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 05-31-2010, 10:42 AM

I only took one HPT with ds1 too..... i would never have thought to take more. The crappy thing is, I would have started testing TODAY not 2 days ago, but my lack of self control won over logic anyways. I think my period is due today. I'm 14 DPO via FF but I'm sure I'm only 13 DPO based on OPKs. Anyone with morbid curiousity, here are the 2 tests side by side, taken quickly in the sun (sorry)...my dh is around and I haven't even told him yet I am (was) pregnant.

Here is my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1bc90f
My temps haven't started to fall yet and my last MC was a missed mc (never spotted or cramped). The baby died at 10 weeks and literally at the 10 week mark I felt "different", I just knew, but my body refused to let go for weeks, and I ended up with a D&E. I hate to be morbid, and it bums me out to have such pessimism, but I know what someone my age (38.5) risk is of mc. It's high, especially this early on.

Do you think that how long I dipped the stick could have anything to do with the line? I'm not reaching, just curious. I left the stick in longer the first time, like twice as long, because I waited until the urine ran across the stick. this time I just dipped for a few secs and pulled it out (I never read instructions, and I can't use these midstream because I have poor aim).

Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i finaly go ta temp jump! BD timing was ok, 2 days before... bu tim still hopefull, i mean..better chances for a girl right?

yeah for ovulation!!!

and finnegansmom, everything is fine, and the tests where just different sensitivities!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 05-31-2010, 12:03 PM

Michelle Some people just have a stronger concentration in afternoon urine. I've seen a lot of ladies not even get a positive with fmu until 15 or 16dpo, but get lines in the afternoon with no problem. I know it's impossible not to worry, but there are many explanations that still leave you with a healthy bean.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 05-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Finnegansmom,
It's true. There really are lots of explanations that still end in you carrying a beautiful healthy pregnancy. I definitely don't want to diminish your concern because I would be worried too, but I just want to let you know that I'm still really hopeful for you. You'll be in my thoughts today.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
I only took one HPT with ds1 too..... i would never have thought to take more. The crappy thing is, I would have started testing TODAY not 2 days ago, but my lack of self control won over logic anyways. I think my period is due today. I'm 14 DPO via FF but I'm sure I'm only 13 DPO based on OPKs. Anyone with morbid curiousity, here are the 2 tests side by side, taken quickly in the sun (sorry)...my dh is around and I haven't even told him yet I am (was) pregnant.

Here is my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1bc90f
My temps haven't started to fall yet and my last MC was a missed mc (never spotted or cramped). The baby died at 10 weeks and literally at the 10 week mark I felt "different", I just knew, but my body refused to let go for weeks, and I ended up with a D&E. I hate to be morbid, and it bums me out to have such pessimism, but I know what someone my age (38.5) risk is of mc. It's high, especially this early on.

Do you think that how long I dipped the stick could have anything to do with the line? I'm not reaching, just curious. I left the stick in longer the first time, like twice as long, because I waited until the urine ran across the stick. this time I just dipped for a few secs and pulled it out (I never read instructions, and I can't use these midstream because I have poor aim).
I have been struggling with this because my line is continuing to be very light but all of the research I have found online says that it doesn't matter how dark the line is (some women never get a dark line) and it doesn't matter how the line changes (tests vary in sensitivity and your concentration of HCG in your urine will vary at different points in the day). The only real indicator is a blood beta. Have you had that yet? I would call the doc tomorrow and get that done.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 05-31-2010, 12:54 PM

s finnegansmom. Sticky vibes!

AFM:
My temp is still up, so unbelievably, it appears I actually did ovulate. Please move me to Waiting to Know. 4DPO.

MrsMike, if you'd like a break, I can take the thread next week.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
Michelle Some people just have a stronger concentration in afternoon urine. I've seen a lot of ladies not even get a positive with fmu until 15 or 16dpo, but get lines in the afternoon with no problem. I know it's impossible not to worry, but there are many explanations that still leave you with a healthy bean.
!!! I tested at 14DPO with FMU...neg, then it took until 17DPO with 3pm urine to get even a semi read-able line with DS. GL to you! I will keep my fingersx'd for you! You deserve a nice and SICKLY pg! LOL! Only women in TTC would wish someone sick! LOL

AFM...last night I was telling DH that I *may* be having some symptoms...told him that this one spot on my BB was hurting...he checked it out(nurse) and scared the pooh out of me...he said he felt a knot...<gasp> then tried to feel on the other BB to no avail...then after a few seconds said "oh wait...you have the same knot on the other BB"...holy cow man! Dont scare me like that! LOL So I laid DS on me and gave him his bedtime milk, we all fell asleep on the couch, and when I got up to take hi to his crib...HOLY COWABUNGA! My BB's hurt SOOOOO bad...like "no one touch them or you die" hurt. They felt heavy and hot and not soft. Then when I got up to go pee early this morning, they were doing the same thing. This is the first sign that I got with both of my live pg's. They still are a tad sore(not as much as last night) and feel a little feverish. It's mainly the base that aches. BFN's so far, but I'm only 11DPO today. And last pg(MC) I didn't get a POS until 12DPO or 13DPO. SO I' still hopeful. I shouldnt start AF until wed/thursday. I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE HOPE!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletjane View Post
this morning, I thought my thermometer was broken because I got 96.64. So.. I took it again immediately, and got 96.66. I didn't even know it was possible to get a temp that low! My chart doesn't even go down that far, so I can't even chart it (I paper chart as well). Here's my wildly ugly online chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/256f5e
I agree that looks like a pre-O dip... which for me could mean O happens any time within the next 3 days (for most women that would be O happening TODAY though)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
You deserve a nice and SICKLY pg! LOL! Only women in TTC would wish someone sick! LOL

When I first read that sentence, I thought you meant to type STICKY. I was thinking that was an unfortunate typo changing the meaning, but no, you meant SICKLY, LOL.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:22 PM

Hi, thanks for the warm thoughts. I'm completely sick to my stomach over this. We just got back from the beach with the kids, and it's so hard to pretend nothing is wrong when it's all I can think about. My husband, who doesn't even know what's going yet, kept asking me what was wrong. I hope to sneak out to the drug store later and take another test so I know one way or the other. I've usually used late morning or afternoon urine for pregnancy tests, I've rarely used FMU. I only used it today because I thought it was the most concentrated. I would imagine that 2 of the same brand tests in the same box would be the sort of same dye level. It wasn't just the darkness that was a concern, it took longer to come up and is thinner.

I'll call my midwife tomorrow if I don't start bleeding by then and ask for a beta I guess if I don't feel better after another test today. I have a digital and I bet it would say pregnant, but unfortunately it would need to say "more pregnant" or "less pregnant" to matter at this point... I'm so mad at myself for testing again today. I'd much rather just think I was pregnant for a week and then start bleeding then go through knowing and waiting again.

User Tag List