Get me pregnant!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright, June is going to be here in a couple of days, and I say it's gonna be a big month for BFPs. I want to hear every anecdote, old wives tale, voodoo incantation and even medical advice about getting knocked up. Silly or serious, I think this could be fun.

Here's DH's contribution: the best way to get (me) pregnant again is to get a room at a super seedy motel, and bring a bottle of Canadian Hunter whiskey. He's convinced that this is what happened with DD. Classy.

I'm going to go try to dig up some of my Ozark folklore books to see if there are any awesome tips in there.

#2 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
someone told me today that if the girl is on top you wont get pregnant.

i guess iv been doing it all wrong.....

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#3 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
Here's DH's contribution: the best way to get (me) pregnant again is to get a room at a super seedy motel, and bring a bottle of Canadian Hunter whiskey.
Our hotel was actually REALLY nice... but seemed to do the trick!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 09:57 PM

Have a yard sale and sell ALL of your baby stuff. Thats a surefire way to get preggo

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#5 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM

Well, I heard once that if you douche with coke after sex, you won't get pregnant. So maybe make sure you don't do that.

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#6 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 PM

Hey ozark! I'm in Rogers. We should get together and talk about ttc!!! My husband is also a super handsome beard haha.

Anyways, on a more serious note, I'm a fan of buying a ton of super cheap opks and hpts online with a nice big tube of preseed! That way when you're testing at 4dpo, you don't have to feel like you're wasting money. And I like to poas so being able to test like 3 or 4 times a day during my fertile time just makes me giddy!

Good luck. I have a feeling June will be a good month for us too!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#7 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 PM

My Grandma used to say "If you want to get pregnant, rock an empty baby cradle"

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#8 of 29 Old 05-30-2010, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oh hay Rochelle! June's going to be GREAT for us Arkansans. I think that since I got so seriously invested last cycle, I'm going to try to hold off on testing until I'm late. Or at least close... I start summer classes Tuesday, so maybe I will keep busy enough to just CHILL on obsessing.

Mama2toomany, are you the one whose husband keeps making cradles? I'm really going to have to find one, just on the off chance that your granny is right.

Maerynpearl, I would gladly take the nicer hotel over the scuzzy hole in the wall. Unfortounately, last time we stayed in a swanky place, it didn't work! The biggest flaw in Dh's plan is the part about Canadian Hunter whiskey, it's the worst!

#9 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:

Mama2toomany, are you the one whose husband keeps making cradles? I'm really going to have to find one, just on the off chance that your granny is right.
Yep lol

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#10 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 AM

Are you sure you wanna hear mine? I have 2, old stand-bys...

1. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of BDing!!!

2. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of BDing, with 20 year old men!!!

Okay, I'll go now...

Oh, wait! this one is serious. I started taking a B Complex in 2008, and I swear it is the reason I got my first BFP. (Then again, I also had lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of BDing, with a 20 year old.) Okay, he was 24, close enough!

Everybody think Fertile Thoughts!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#11 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 AM

If you happen to have one- loan out your maternity wardrobe to a newly pg mom. Especially one who you wouldn't want to tell when you find out you are pg.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#12 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
someone told me today that if the girl is on top you wont get pregnant.

i guess iv been doing it all wrong.....

Man I hope this isn't true!!! Has anyone heard the same?

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#13 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

According to Ozark Superstitions by ***** Randolph:

You will certainly become pregnant if:

A baby is laid on your bed.
A dirty diaper is left at your house by a visiting mother.
If a visitor doesn't use the same door to leave as he used to enter.

If a woman cannot conceive, a doctor will take nine little switches, tie a knot in each. He then burns them and makes the woman eat the ashes.

I need some visitors with babies. Pronto.

#14 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM

With my younger daughter, the only things I did different that month were EPO and the Instead Cup, so I did both of those this month.

I think a surefire way to get pregnant is to go to Costco and buy the biggest box of tampons they sell. (I did this too, inadvertently, because it was 2 months ago and we thought we wouldn't start trying until July.)
#15 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM

a few other superstitions my mom has told me (that do not necessarily help you but still...)

If you wear maternity clothes home from the hospital (after having a baby) you will be pregnant again within a year (happened to my mom three times... but didnt work for me with either)

If you talk about babies at your wedding you will be pregnant within the year (this happened to me too lol I was pregnant 2 months later... ON BIRTH CONTROL!)

hubby coming home from deployment is almost certain to knock you up (im proof of that one too... lol... which is why this one was conceived in a hotel room! I also know 2 others and know of 2 more than that who all are due at the same time as me whos hubbies came home at the same time from overseas)

ETA going on Louslis... I bought midol for the first time ever... the end of the period before conceiving my son.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#16 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 03:14 PM

I second the big, huge box of tampons... I bought a box in Oct. 2006 and was pregnant the very next month. Never used them... I switched to cloth and instead cups. lol

Be sure to give away ALL maternity clothes you have hanging around... to someone who lives very far and isn't likely to give them back once you find out you're pregnant. (this has happened to me THREE times now! Yes. Three.)

Get rid of ALL baby clothes. Clean out all baby stuff you might have hanging around... so that way when it does happen you'll have to start over from scratch with everything.

For us, the last two times we've been pregnant we were dtd like bunnies. Couldn't get enough of each other... so you might want to add that to your list. Oh! And.. make sure he's pulling out because my last two babes have been pull out babes... though... there may have been an oops or two that contributed.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#17 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
Man I hope this isn't true!!! Has anyone heard the same?
no its not true at all. the sperm travels at 30 mph someone said on here, any way you do it, if he puts the sperm in you, you could get preg.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#18 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 PM

People keep telling me to stop wanting it and I'll get pregnant. Not sure I can do that one.

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
#19 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 04:29 PM

It could all be coincidental, but here's what I did the month I got pregnant with my DD:

- Started drinking lots of green tea a few days before I O'd. I had more EWCM than I had in a long time, and I O'd earlier than I had in a while too.

- Set the intention to conceive (specifically on the full moon). I at least O'd on it, so conception wasn't too far off! Maybe I "made" it happen, or maybe I "knew" on some level that my babe was waiting for me in that egg. Or maybe it was just plain luck.

- Bought lots of OPK's and used them a LOT. Turns out I wouldn't have gotten a clear positive if I only tested in the early half of the day; mine were only dark in the late afternoon/evenings.

sarahkristin - yeah, there was NO way I could do that. Those people are idiots.
#20 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
no its not true at all. the sperm travels at 30 mph someone said on here, any way you do it, if he puts the sperm in you, you could get preg.
Thanks goodness that is our favorite way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkristin View Post
People keep telling me to stop wanting it and I'll get pregnant. Not sure I can do that one.
Yes it works everytime. With my first one we had been TTC for a little over 12 months and I was so sick of TTC when I kept getting BFN the last month I said I quit! A week later went to doc because of symptoms and I was prego!!!

Happened to my sister in law she TTC for 3 months and then decided she wanted to wait another year.........................boom she was pregnant.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#21 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM

For me is having my husband leave for training somewhere.
Give away or let people borrow maternity clothes.
Give away the carseat/stroller to someone.
Give away most (or all) of your baby clothes
Say "Im not getting pregnant this month" (I said this both times I got pregnant that the pregnancies stuck)
Make vacation plans (both sticky pregnancies I had I had just made vacation plans and bought tickets a week before I found out I was pregnant)'

Oh and woman on top isn't bad for pregnancies. My second daughter was concieved while i was on top and I know because it was the day after he got back from training and the only day before he left for another month of training. Yea, it was pretty easy to tell when that one was concieved.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#22 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM

Thanks OkiMom! I am glad to hear that.

#23 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletjane View Post
Well, I heard once that if you douche with coke after sex, you won't get pregnant. So maybe make sure you don't do that.
and how many people have tested this theory lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy_v View Post
- Started drinking lots of green tea a few days before I O'd. I had more EWCM than I had in a long time, and I O'd earlier than I had in a while too.
mm may try that i have an unopened box of organic green tea in the kitchen cupboard, just hoping i'll be able to keep it down as not a big tea lover.

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#24 of 29 Old 05-31-2010, 08:26 PM

Just act like you have no idea that a penile-vaginal contact can result in pregnancy. Works for some people I know...

A few people told me it's an African custom to hold a baby for a day if you want to get pregnant. So borrow some babies.

The only thing I did differently when I got pregnant last time was I did NOT elevate my hips.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#25 of 29 Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Oooooh. So this month, I'm going to:

Borrow a baby
Do 'it' cluelessly and without any idea of the consequences.
Stop douching with Coke
Drink green tea
Give all baby related things away
Rock baby cradles
Marvel at super fast sperm action ( 30MPH, that's spermination!)

BEST MONTH EVER!

#26 of 29 Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Oooooh. So this month, I'm going to:

Borrow a baby
Do 'it' cluelessly and without any idea of the consequences.
Stop douching with Coke
Drink green tea
Give all baby related things away
Rock baby cradles
Marvel at super fast sperm action ( 30MPH, that's spermination!)

BEST MONTH EVER!
haha! I love it!

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#27 of 29 Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 PM

But then again, I was told to act like I was having a baby - bought a very cute baby girl outfit, had it gift-wrapped, ready to be opened when she was born....3 months later, pregnant, but my baby is a boy, so I sent that present to a friend!

You could do what my sister did - go on birth control pills, take anti-biotics, have a bout of diarreah, sleep with a married man, then be totally perplexed with the bfp!
Sorry, that one isn't really funny!

I also had a little sculpture of a mother and babe in the garden, which I would give a rub everytime i walked past.I also asked the universe for a baby everytime I did.I don't know if it worked cos I'm still doing it and no bfp yet!

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#28 of 29 Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumblossom View Post
But then again, I was told to act like I was having a baby - bought a very cute baby girl outfit, had it gift-wrapped, ready to be opened when she was born....3 months later, pregnant, but my baby is a boy, so I sent that present to a friend!

You could do what my sister did - go on birth control pills, take anti-biotics, have a bout of diarreah, sleep with a married man, then be totally perplexed with the bfp!
Sorry, that one isn't really funny!

I also had a little sculpture of a mother and babe in the garden, which I would give a rub everytime i walked past.I also asked the universe for a baby everytime I did.I don't know if it worked cos I'm still doing it and no bfp yet!
hehehe, so could the married man be my DH? hehe

On a side note, I am completely unreligous. Lately I have been doing a lot of talking to the universe. Specifically, making ridiculous promises of things I will do if the test strip has got a big, bold line. Oh dear...

#29 of 29 Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
On a side note, I am completely unreligous. Lately I have been doing a lot of talking to the universe. Specifically, making ridiculous promises of things I will do if the test strip has got a big, bold line. Oh dear...
LOL I'm also non-religious and have caught myself doing the same thing!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page