Forum Jump: 

#61 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Sweet.Bee
Date: 7 June 2010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172/
Where are you in your cycle: 5 or 6DPO. FF says 6 (based on temp, I guess); I think 5 (based on CM & major O pain). My temps are sometimes a bit off due to our little one's occasional early morning snacks.
Appointments: None.
Symptoms if they apply: Sensitive breasts! They feel sensitive just like they did when pregnant, not like the pre-O sensitivity I get. But I don't think it means anything because it's too early. Plus, it seems to come and go.
Testing: Next week around 14DPO.
Thoughts: I'm still pretty calm. I was kind of anxious before ovulation because it was late, and now I'm relaxed. Hopefully, I don't go bonkers as test day approaches.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#62 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Name: Cassidy
Date: 6/6
Chart:
Where are you in your cycle: 5 DPO
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: None that I'm aware of right now, I'm trying not to speculate too much
Testing: Next Wednesday, 14DPO (my LP is usually 12 days)
Thoughts:

Can I please be added?

Ladies, do you mind if I join in? I currently don't "belong" anywhere. We've been CTA since November, this is cycle #6. I'm anxious to be pregnant again and I've been hoping for an "oops". This is the first cycle that it's actually been a possibility I could be pregnant.

DH and I got tired of waiting for O this cycle and enjoyed ourselves for a few days. I'm fairly certain of ovulation day (CD39), the three low temps on my chart are due to lack of nightwear.

Again, I don't feel like it would be fair to obsess over in the Charting to Avoid thread where I usually reside, but I need an outlet also and other people to cheer on.

This would potentially be child #2 for us, my DD is 4.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#63 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Name: slowtime
Date: 6/7/10
Where are you in your cycle: cd 27 out of estimated 30, approx. 11/12 dpo
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: cramping & spotting on cd 24, very similar to implantation from both previous pregnancies. Very light brown spotting on and off since then, lighter every day. Aversion to protein yesterday & today, exactly like last pregnancy. BUT: no breast soreness yet.
Testing: Buying a HPT today, testing tomorrow morning.
Thoughts: Hoo, boy.

I've been in and out of the TTC In Our 20's thread since we first started trying in May 2007. I might have even been on before then, when DH wasn't fully on board but I was being a little, um, inconsistent with the birth control. I'm only going to qualify for this thread for a couple more months - I turn 30 in August.

I'm half-convinced I'm pregnant, but I know it could just as easily be AF on the way. If I am, this will be the only time it happened accidentally. We've been taking a break since last year's m/c, and I just got into grad school. My feelings on all of this are very complicated. But if it means a happy, healthy baby, I'm all in.

I don't need to be added to the roster. I just wanted to post at least one more time on my old thread, before I'm too old. I told MDC about my pregnancies before I told anyone but DH, and MDC was there for me during my losses. I'll post an update after my test tomorrow, but mostly I wanted to say hi to the old thread, share my current situation, and wish all the other women on this thread the best of luck and lots of and

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#64 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 03:11 PM

Name: Gale
Where are you in your cycle: cd 7
Appointments: I had my first acupuncture appointment today. She seems to think my electrolytes are off and diet needs more fat and vitamins. Oh, and alcohol! She told me to drink a room-temp beer or a glass of wine regularly to relax and encourage blood flow. My energy is not exactly positive either. This is not my usual type thing, so I'm being very open-minded and hoping this well help the process.
Symptoms if they apply: Nada
Testing: None
Thoughts: Well, it took exactly 5 minutes of talking to the acupuncturist today before I broke down into a tearball. The poor lady asked just the right questions to send me off the deep end. I get more anxious and upset with each passing month, yet I know that's exactly what I DON'T need to be doing. So....all positive thoughts this month!

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

#65 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Name: Ozark (Olivia)
Where are you in your cycle: CD11
My Chart : http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e8a3b this is my first month to temp.
Symptoms if they apply: None.
Testing: I'm not messing with testing anymore, what a giant waste of energy and emotion to search for invisible lines, only for AF to show up and ruin things. I'll test after I'm late.
Thoughts: I'm listening to Wolf Parade, and it's a great rainy Monday. Bd'ed last night and this morning. Going to do it morning and night all week and hope for a successful spermination. I started my first college class this last week, and it was great. Got an A on my first paper, which was a nice ego boost after my failed cycle last month. It would be great to get pregnant this cycle, I could take next spring and summer off and then go to school hardcore next fall. Nothing ever goes as planned though!

#66 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

On Monday she's going in for a stress test and scans and then on Tuesday she's going to have a heart catheterization. If they get in there w/ the heart cath and notice that there's excessive buildup they'll go ahead and either put in a stent or do an angioplasty. None of this is really a big deal and doctors perform lots of them so it's not serious, but for my 87 year old grandma it will be epic.... I just feel so badly for her. Since going to the hospital this past Monday she has been so depressed. Her spirit/spunk is totally gone and she hardly even talks anymore. She is either too upset or too tired to speak loudly so even the times she does talk she whispers.
Have a great day!!
My DH is a surgical nurse on the heart dept at Medical City Dallas(TX)...he says that as soon as they do this surgery...they are like a new person within hours. My dad has heart problems(he lives in AFIB) and his heart flows back in blood in one of the openings that's only suppose to go out. We are trying to get him to have the surgery but he's too scared. I hope that your gma does great...I'm sure as soon as they fix this problem she'll be back to 'having her boyfriends over' in no time! Hugs to you!
#67 of 214 Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM

Erica, how was the wedding? How were your grandmother's test?

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#68 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 AM

Monday Check-In
Name: Julie
Date: June 7th
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dea34
Where are you in your cycle: CD26. I have NO idea when I ovulated... my temps are all over the place. Does anyone think living at high altitude could make a difference at all? I live at 9,000ft elevation... Just a thought? I know my blood is different than those at lower altitudes... wondering if temps may be too?
Appointments: nope
Symptoms if they apply: Slightly nauseous, periodically over the past few days. Could be in my head though.
Testing: Got those internet strips and have tested once before. My test is here http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/7395.jpg Both DH and I think we see part of a line, but not sure. No line today.
Thoughts: Just irritated that I don't know when I ovulated. That's all

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#69 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Julieee, are you sure you ovulated? Your temps right now would be pre-O for me (though maybe post-O for others). What are your usual post-O temps?

Did you take any OPKs?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#70 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Monday Check-In

Name: Briana
Date: 06/082010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5c92
Where are you in your cycle: CD 42 and no O yet
Appointments: None yet
Symptoms if they apply: I keep feeling O pain but then it doesn't happen
Testing: OPK's but I ran out again.
Thoughts: I just started a new job yesterday so I have to change the time of my temp taking. I wish I would just O already!!!!!!

UPdated to here, sorry it took so long

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#71 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Name: Lauren
Date: 6/8/2010
Chart: I use fertility friend, not sure how to put the link here.
Where are you in your cycle: CD75
Symptoms if they apply: Nada
Thoughts:
New to forum-excited for a place to get some info and support!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm happy to have a place to gather some info and support. A little about me...I'm 25 and ttc since Jan this year. I got off birth control October last year. Starting charting in Dec...I had "normal" charts Dec & Jan, showing ovulation, 31 days. Then I had a 60-something day cycle, no ovulation and now I'm on day 75 of my cycle with no sign of ovulation and temps are pretty low.
#72 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e8a3b

So is this the dip before ovulation? The spike from Sunday is because I went to bed kind of tipsy, and pretty sunburned.

#73 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e8a3b

So is this the dip before ovulation? The spike from Sunday is because I went to bed kind of tipsy, and pretty sunburned.
It could be, but I don't think you can confirm it until you get more temperatures. My temp does not always dip before ovulation.

AFM: 6DPO today and I'm SO tired. :yawning

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#74 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
My DH is a surgical nurse on the heart dept at Medical City Dallas(TX)...he says that as soon as they do this surgery...they are like a new person within hours. My dad has heart problems(he lives in AFIB) and his heart flows back in blood in one of the openings that's only suppose to go out. We are trying to get him to have the surgery but he's too scared. I hope that your gma does great...I'm sure as soon as they fix this problem she'll be back to 'having her boyfriends over' in no time! Hugs to you!
Thanks for the support. Like I said, I know it's fairly safe and an easy procedure and I know she'll feel better when it's all said and done. But for an 87 year old who is extremely clausterphobic and worries about everything it is a very big deal. I'm sure she'll have the procedure done, but she is just so scared. I hate to see her like this. :-( She'll be ok though. I have faith in that! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Erica, how was the wedding? How were your grandmother's test?
Kristin! Wedding was amazing! We had such a good time! And of course Melanie (2 yr old DD) had a blast dancing the whole night. At one point we were all worn out so we went back to our table to sit down from dancing and a second later I said "where's Melanie?" and we turned around and she had run back out to the dance floor. haha. We had a really good time and it was good to see our family again! :-) One of my cousins has the cutest little 5 month old and we were talking about TTC (I'd told her a few months ago that we were going to start soon). She said they are gonna start TTC in a month or 2 also which is very exciting because she and I have so much in common. I'm looking forward to hopefully being pregnant at the same time! We live about 2 hrs away from each other but still it'll be fun! :-) And I've passed down all my girl clothes to her for her daughter so it's fun to watch them get worn again. And if we have a girl she's gonna pass them back. (and her sister who has 4 boys passes me all her old boy clothes) It really works out because we all are great about sharing. My sister in law (my DH's sister) doesn't like to pass her girl clothes down to us but expects us to pass down all our boy clothes to her. She is kind of ridiculous about everything so honestly I always just tell her that most of my boy stuff was borrowed and I have to give it back. She will give us one little grocery sack of girl clothes that are all stained and worn out and we give her 3-4 garbage bags of boy clothes that are in good condition... she's such a bitch. haha. oops sorry, did I say that? I just can't stand that lady. agghhh. ok done ranting. :-)

Thanks for asking about us Kristin, we're doing pretty well for now. Just trying to stay in the moment and not worry about things that aren't currently problems. Otherwise we'd be going crazy!! Also, DH decided to drop one of his classes this summer because we're not getting to spend ANY time together. He's currently enrolled in 12 hrs in the summer which is the equivalent to 24 hrs during the regular school year since summer sessions are only 8 weeks versus 16 otherwise. so now he's going down to 9 credits. I'm excited!! :-) it will push his graduation back from May to July but I dont care. I'd rather have more time together. We've been fighting so much lately and I think that's the culprit so it's definitely not worth it!

well, I gotta run. Melanie just went down for her nap and all of a sudden we started smelling something. That little u know what just took her (newly) poopy diaper off and had poopy all over her hands and arms and was crying cuz she'd rubbed her eyes. DH is up there cleaning her up now (thank GOD for him!!). I better run and help though. Talk to you all soon!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#75 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Glad to hear the wedding was so much fun Erica and it sounds like you may have a little dancer on your hands. I am only taking one class in summer school right now, I don't think I have the energy to do more, especially since I can't take my ADD meds. Back in the day though I would take every hour I could get and those were looooong days. Glad your hubby decided to cut back so he could spend time with you guys.

I just ate chips and mac and cheese for lunch, ew. It sounded good at the time lol.

Good luck with your poopy situation.

#76 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 04:17 PM

If you could take me off of the list for May BFP's..that'd be great. I'm still TTC....but just been hanging around the TTC after loss boards more these days.

Just wanted to say hi to those of you I remember.....like EricaRN and nintendork! I'm cheering you all on!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#77 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
If you could take me off of the list for May BFP's..that'd be great. I'm still TTC....but just been hanging around the TTC after loss boards more these days.

Just wanted to say hi to those of you I remember.....like EricaRN and nintendork! I'm cheering you all on!
Hey Tara! We heard about your loss. So sorry for you!! You are in my prayers! nintendork got her BFP a few weeks ago! :-) I'm still here hangin on, but I'm hoping this will be our month. We're really gonna give it our all!
I'm glad you came back to check in on us. We'd love to hear from you! <3

oh and Kristin- as for the poopy situation, lol, thank goodness we got that taken care of! Nothing a quick bath can't fix. Then she and DS (Deklan) went down for a 3 hour nap!! which was nice because John and I got to watch a movie in peace. We watched Something About Mary which I'd never seen before. haha. I loved it! We are so clicking today which is SOOO NICE! I hope it continues after he gets home from class. Tuesdays and Thursdays stink because he has class all night until 9:30. It stinks putting the kids to bed without him. And they sure do miss him. Well, hope you all are enjoying your day today as much as we are! I think we're going to Chick-Fil-A for dinner tonight because kids eat free on Tuesday nights. lol. We try to go there about once a month on Tuesdays. they have a cow costume guy walking around plus they do face painting and of course they have the ball pit. Looking forward to a fun night! Hope you all have one also!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#78 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
Julieee, are you sure you ovulated? Your temps right now would be pre-O for me (though maybe post-O for others). What are your usual post-O temps?

Did you take any OPKs?
HI there. Thank you for asking... Ummmm, I've never known that I have NOT ovulated. This is my first month taking my temp, so I have nothing to compare with. I feel like a 12 year old here--how could i not ovulate but still get my period? Just the uterine lining shedding? how does that shed if I did not ovulate?

My temps are up and down and I don't know why......... I can tell you on the 2nd and the 6th I was camping... it was pretty cold. Would that make a difference? Both those days my temps dropped significantly.

I've never taken OPKs either. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#79 of 214 Old 06-08-2010, 06:51 PM

Tuesday* Check-In: Day late but I want in!
Name: Stephanie, 24, TTC#1
Date: 6/8
Chart: my smartphone was stolen this week, lost all my past charts! FF looks great so I may start using it. Wish it had an app for Droid though!
Where are you in your cycle: CD22
Appointments: hoping to avoid...it's been 8 months
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: OPK all negative around expected O! ?
Thoughts:
Hi gals! I hope you don't mind if I join too, you all sound just great! I'm studying to be a nurse-midwife and spending all day measuring pregnant women's bellies is tough when TTC!

My BBT has been all over the place for the last 2 months, though I never take them at the exact same time...I never had this problem before and have been charting for more than 2 years and could usually tell when my O occurred. Now that I'm TTC, my BBT doesn't give a clear O day and the OPK is negative for several days mid-cycle, but I still end up with AF between 26-28 days. Now I'm worrying that I could have anovulatory cycles. Anyway, will attempt FF to add my chart after expected AF comes in a few days...so hopefully you can help me interpret!

And thanks for that awesome conversion tool ZoeJanesmom! I'll put it to use since I have a pretty irregular wake schedule!

Married 08/09/08; ready to
#80 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 AM

Julieee, sorry I did not mean to freak you out. I could just not tell from your chart when/if you ovulated because the temps are kind of erratic. Do you temp always at the same time, after 3 hours uninterrupted sleep, same place under your tongue, are you using a BBT, etc?

From my experience, I generally ovulate around the same time (within a few days) of the cycle, but this month I was later. I also had a 40+ day cycle years ago before I started charting, so it could have been a really late ovulation or even anovulatory.

I wouldn't get worried about anovulation just yet, but regarding your question, yes, it is possible to not ovulate and still bleed. Here's an excerpt from here:
Quote:
Either the estrogen will build up slowly to a point below the threshold and then drop, resulting in "estrogen withdrawal bleeding," or more commonly, the endometrium builds up slowly over an extended period of time, eventually to the point where the resulting uterine lining is so thickened it can no longer sustain itself. This is known as "estrogen breakthrough bleeding." In either case, if you weren't charting, you might think you were simply menstruating, though you would maybe notice a difference in the type of bleeding.
Again, this does not mean this has happened to you. Maybe you just have not ovulated yet, or you did and it's not obvious from your chart.

Sending your way.

#81 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here

Hopefully we will get some BFP's this month!!! Just to update I am on CD43 and no sign of O or AF . My temp jumped this morning but I do not have good CM. Going to BD just in case anyway. Talk to you girls later.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#82 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 AM

ZoeJane'sMommy, That must be so frustrating for you. Is your doctor giving you anything to help your body ovulate?

#83 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
Updated to Here

Hopefully we will get some BFP's this month!!! Just to update I am on CD43 and no sign of O or AF . My temp jumped this morning but I do not have good CM. Going to BD just in case anyway. Talk to you girls later.

Do you know when you usually ovulate? I'm sorry this cycle is dragging on forever.

#84 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
Updated to Here

What is your doctor saying? With PCOS you may not ovulate on your own.

#85 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Julieee, sorry I did not mean to freak you out. I could just not tell from your chart when/if you ovulated because the temps are kind of erratic. Do you temp always at the same time, after 3 hours uninterrupted sleep, same place under your tongue, are you using a BBT, etc?

From my experience, I generally ovulate around the same time (within a few days) of the cycle, but this month I was later. I also had a 40+ day cycle years ago before I started charting, so it could have been a really late ovulation or even anovulatory.

I wouldn't get worried about anovulation just yet, but regarding your question, yes, it is possible to not ovulate and still bleed. Here's an excerpt from here:

Again, this does not mean this has happened to you. Maybe you just have not ovulated yet, or you did and it's not obvious from your chart.

Sending your way.
Unless you were holding a mouse in your hands when you typed that... there's no freaking me out! To answer your questions... I always temp at the same time (3:30 am) after 3 hrs of sleep--1 day was at 4:20 because I didn't go to bed until a little later. I use a BBT and temp under my tongue in the same spot. I'm not sure why my temps are up and down and up and down and up and down! It's odd to me! I'm going to do some research for temps at high altitude... you never know!

Thank you for that information.. I did not know that!! See, you truly DO learn something new every day! THANK YOU so much!

Julie

winner.jpg

#86 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Julieee, it sounds like you're doing all the right things regarding temping. Hmm, I don't know. I suggest posting your question to the main MDC TTC board to see if anyone has ideas.

Of course, it could just be you have not ovulated this month yet.

#87 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 PM

Julieee, I have heard a lot of women say that temping vaginally helped to get rid of inconsistent temps. I have to say it worked for me. I kept a bottle of rubbing alcohol close by to sterilize but otherwise it wasn't an issue.

#88 of 214 Old 06-09-2010, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
ZoeJane'sMommy, That must be so frustrating for you. Is your doctor giving you anything to help your body ovulate?
It is and thank you! I am on metformin right now, but have only been taking it for about 2 weeks and it usually takes a month or two to get your body regulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

Do you know when you usually ovulate? I'm sorry this cycle is dragging on forever.
I don't usually ovulate. Yes you read it right I ovulate maybe once or twice a year, but I have been on metformin before (to concieve DD) and started ovuling more regular. But this was also some birth control treatments to regulate my period. It was hard getting prego last time. Thanks for your support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
What is your doctor saying? With PCOS you may not ovulate on your own.
Yeah the doctor (my family doc) is the one that put me on metformin. I will be seeing a specialist to get prego in a few months, I was just hoping to not have to go through that again.

#89 of 214 Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 AM

I didn't ovulate either... ever. I have taken metformin for years and it took Clomid to make it work this time. Big for you mama

#90 of 214 Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks nintendork!! I am glad I have you guys as support. I do not know why but I had the hopes it would be easier the second time HA!! But we all know that is never true unless we aren't TTC. I think I will set up an appointment for a specialist soon. Thanks again ladies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page