Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Erica
Date: 6/21
Where are you in your cycle: CD 24/ no idea if I've o'd yet or anything
Appointments: None.
Symptoms if they apply: Nope
Testing: no idea. I'm really regretting not even using OPKs this month because I still have all the stress, but now it's because I dont even know if I've O'd yet. CM is very different this month from the others and I have no idea what to do/think. lol. arggh!
Thoughts: see above. Just gonna try to BD more often. Still have a low sex drive and hoping that means I haven't O'd yet and it will pick back up once I start having fertile CM.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 214 Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 PM

Name: Steph
Date: 6/21
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6556
Where are you in your cycle: CD9
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: Thick CM
Testing: Going to try to use OPKs two times a day this month and try to catch it and get a good idea of how long my luteal phase is...I'm afraid it's too short.
Thoughts: Hoping to be reassured this month. So hard for me and DH to DTD in the heat of summer when we're trying to conserve our AC use. But, hey, it's for a good cause, isn't it?

Married 08/09/08; ready to
#183 of 214 Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 AM

I just wanted to update everyone on my Grandma. She's not doing too well right now. She is having bouts of amnesia and we're looking to get her evaluated for alzheimer's. Does anyone know if part of alzheimer's would be forgetting how to turn a light switch on or forgetting that she has a car, etc.? In addition to more noticeable "old age forgetfullness" we are noticing things like this. We are having to take her keys away from her because she forgot how to drive the other day and called us in a panic after she realized she was going the wrong way down a one way street. She honestly thought all the other cars were just hogging the road and wouldn't scoot over. (this is the street her house is on!) Anyway, I am very concerned for her and I can't help but cry every time I see her. I feel so bad for her. We try not to remind her of these things because it makes her feel bad and very scared. So usually we just pretend that whatever she is saying is true. I don't want to remember her like this, but I also don't want to waste a second of time away from her. This is just such a hard situation. My gma is my best friend & I'm really struggling with this.
Thank you all for being supportive, as usual. I'm honestly trying not to think about it since there's really nothing else we can do at this point (aside from get her evaluated for the Alzheimer's.) Hope you all had a great Monday! Our check-in was a little light this week. Also, congrats to Lyratei on the BFP!! And bummer that it's the 21st and she's our first BFP for the month!!! BOO! What happened to all of our spring luck? Summer has not been nice to us so far.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#184 of 214 Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Erica. Summer really is a drag right now. It must be the heat! Sending lots of love and baby dust ladies. Hang in there!

oh and here is my sonogram pic from yesterday if you are interested. I got to see the little butterfly flutter of a heartbeat. This is real! http://www.flickr.com/photos/26333358@N06/4720896417/

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#185 of 214 Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Name: Gale
Date: 6/22
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e84fd
Where are you in your cycle: CD22
Appointments: Acupuncture on Monday's
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Only if AF is late
Thoughts: Trying not to obsess/stress this month

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

#186 of 214 Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Does anyone know if part of alzheimer's would be forgetting how to turn a light switch on or forgetting that she has a car, etc.? In addition to more noticeable "old age forgetfullness" we are noticing things like this. We are having to take her keys away from her because she forgot how to drive the other day and called us in a panic after she realized she was going the wrong way down a one way street.
I'm afraid that sounds like classic early-ish signs of alzheimer's. Some of the ealiest signs includes forgetting how to do everyday things.. Try to stay positive and help her through this. I'm so sorry...

Quote:
here is my sonogram pic from yesterday if you are interested. I got to see the little butterfly flutter of a heartbeat. This is real! http://www.flickr.com/photos/26333358@N06/4720896417/
So amazing!

I've been extremely lurky lately... I have no car at the moment, the house is clean, school is out & I'm nearing the end of 2ww. AF was "due" today. So far - nothing. I want to be hopeful but all HPTs so far have been BFNs. Most of my typical PMS signs are MIA, but no early prego signs either. What the heck is going on?!?! If AF is still MIA tomorrow, I'll get a test for Thursday morning. *Goes back to lurking*

Waiting4SJ (25) married to DH (24) since 3/17/20014 . DS (2) born 11/11/11. TTC#2.
#187 of 214 Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM

Name: Angie
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/angielong
Where are you in your cycle: CD 26...waiting on AF!
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply: light cramping
Testing:
Thoughts:

No need to add me to the list because we only have next week to TTC. DH has been gone tdy for 3 weeks, and he gets back Saturday. About a week later he deploys, so we won't get to try again for about 6 months! I sooooo want my period to start so I can we can baby dance in time for ovulation!!!! It is supposed to show up Thursday or Friday.

I haven't been diligently charting, but I marked on my chart when I logically think ovulation happenwd this cycle. I don't remember having and fertile mucus, but I did have a lot of creamy for a while, so I based that I must have ovulated about CD 14-16. That is pretty normal for me. I hope I ovulate early this next cycle though.... PRAYING!!!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#188 of 214 Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Man this week has flown by. Sorry for the late post ladies.

Name: Briana
Date: 6/23
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5c92
Where are you in your cycle: CD6
Appointments: Going to find new OB/GYN today because I want a VBAC and there is only on hospital in OKC that allows them. I sure hope my insurance covers a VBAC. I know its early for OB but I need some fertility help again. It took a year last time maybe it will only take 6 months this time.
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Nope thankfully my new job is keeping my occupied and I am not even stressing about getting prego right now. It feels nice to go a day or two without thinking about it.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#189 of 214 Old 06-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Waaaah! I'm dying to test, but trying to wait until Friday. I have been unnaturally tired the last three days, and have been in a 'funk' the last two. I'm 8 DPO, trying to play it cool, and failing miserably. I don't think my chart looks too hot though,

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e8a3b

Anyone want to take a guess about what the upcoming test will show?

#190 of 214 Old 06-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
don't think my chart looks too hot though,
Maybe today is pre-implantation dip day???

#191 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 12:33 AM

why are you guys on the second page? I'm totally bumping you guys back up to the top of the threads.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#192 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post
why are you guys on the second page? I'm totally bumping you guys back up to the top of the threads.
Thanks! It does seem we haven't been as talkative lately.

I'm just getting into the interesting part of my cycle. Fertile CM started yesterday. I'm going to take an OPK everyday. Yesterday's was negative, of course (CD8), but I said I'd start them when the fertile CM came. I took a picture of it, though, so I could compare later. The 2nd line was maybe about half as dark as the control. Not sure if that means it's close at all? This is the first time I've taken an OPK.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#193 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

I'm just getting into the interesting part of my cycle. Fertile CM started yesterday. I'm going to take an OPK everyday. Yesterday's was negative, of course (CD8), but I said I'd start them when the fertile CM came. I took a picture of it, though, so I could compare later. The 2nd line was maybe about half as dark as the control. Not sure if that means it's close at all? This is the first time I've taken an OPK.
It does not really mean much. I would get half as dark one day and then almost stark white the next over and over again and then you could get a positive 5 days later. I really don't like OPK's and I used almost 40 of them last month on a 59 day cycle and I didn't even ovulate . What brand are you trying I think I might get some from the dollar tree this month.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#194 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post
It does not really mean much. I would get half as dark one day and then almost stark white the next over and over again and then you could get a positive 5 days later. I really don't like OPK's and I used almost 40 of them last month on a 59 day cycle and I didn't even ovulate . What brand are you trying I think I might get some from the dollar tree this month.
I think these. At least the packaging looks exactly like that. They probably don't have these exact ones where you are, so I guess that's not much help to you. Amazon.com has a few brands of OPKs that don't sound too expensive, though.

I bought 20 from a local site (silly amazon uk wouldn't deliver them to me here). My O date has varied a lot, so that's why I decided to start them when the fertile CM appeared, which was yesterday. I'm not really into spending so much money on these sort of things, but we got really worn out last cycle with the later O date, so I figured the OPKs could at least give us some warning before O.

Good luck with ovulation!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#195 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the bump! And good luck to you O'ing gals, I'll be jumping on the OPK train next cycle.

So I took a HPT yesterday, 9dpo, it was neg. My temp went back up today, and I am REALLY about to hurl all over this keyboard, so I'm not going to despair until I see the red. May test again on Sunday.

What's everyone doing this weekend?

#196 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Sorry to hear about your grandmother Erica. Summer really is a drag right now. It must be the heat! Sending lots of love and baby dust ladies. Hang in there!

oh and here is my sonogram pic from yesterday if you are interested. I got to see the little butterfly flutter of a heartbeat. This is real! http://www.flickr.com/photos/26333358@N06/4720896417/
Thanks Kristin! It's good to hear from you! The heat IS really bad lately. We've had somewhat of a cool front the last 2 days so it's only been in the lower 90s. lol. I'm sure you are getting it pretty bad down there too. Your u/s looks GREAT!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Make sure you come back and "visit" us often. I'm still here. haha. Although I have a REALLY good feeling about our timing this month! I finally got a + opk 2 days ago and we've BD every other day this whole week so I'm feeling pretty confident. :-) Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4SJ View Post
I'm afraid that sounds like classic early-ish signs of alzheimer's. Some of the ealiest signs includes forgetting how to do everyday things.. Try to stay positive and help her through this. I'm so sorry...
Thank you for commenting. I'm getting really really concerned about my gma. I think we're looking at the options as far as who she's going to move in with. It's just too scary with little forgetful problems like this. I REALLY REALLY want her to move in with us, but we only have a 3 bedroom apartment so it would be cramped with the 5 of us here. But our lease is up in 3 months and maybe we could move to a 4 bedroom. I'm just really upset that our "limited" resources are what's keeping us from being able to provide for her. She is an amazing woman and deserves only the best. We're thinking of giving her our room and then we'll either move DD and DS into the same room or we will move our bed downstairs into the family room. It's not ideal, but it might work for just the 3 months we'd be living here. *sigh* I'm just not sure right now. Thanks for your comment though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post
Name: Angie
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/angielong
Where are you in your cycle: CD 26...waiting on AF!
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply: light cramping
Testing:
Thoughts:

No need to add me to the list because we only have next week to TTC. DH has been gone tdy for 3 weeks, and he gets back Saturday. About a week later he deploys, so we won't get to try again for about 6 months! I sooooo want my period to start so I can we can baby dance in time for ovulation!!!! It is supposed to show up Thursday or Friday.

I haven't been diligently charting, but I marked on my chart when I logically think ovulation happenwd this cycle. I don't remember having and fertile mucus, but I did have a lot of creamy for a while, so I based that I must have ovulated about CD 14-16. That is pretty normal for me. I hope I ovulate early this next cycle though.... PRAYING!!!
I will be praying for you that you are able to conceive this cycle!! Good luck Angie!!!!! And I'll be praying for safe keeping for your DH too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
Thanks for the bump! And good luck to you O'ing gals, I'll be jumping on the OPK train next cycle.

So I took a HPT yesterday, 9dpo, it was neg. My temp went back up today, and I am REALLY about to hurl all over this keyboard, so I'm not going to despair until I see the red. May test again on Sunday.

What's everyone doing this weekend?
I hope you get your BFP soon Ozark!! We are keeping it pretty low key this weekend but that's only because DH and I are getting to escape to Chicago on Monday and Tuesday (sans the kids)!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited!! We LOVE Chicago and try to get there for an overnight at least once every 3-4 months! We haven't been since October so I'm going through withdrawals! haha. My mom agreed to watch the kids for us while we're gone which is great because we really need some time away. The stress of my gma plus school plus ttc plus money, etc. has all been getting to us lately and we've been fighting more. We really need a break to get away and just enjoy each other without worrying about everything for once. ahhhhh I can't wait!!!!

What are your plans this weekend?

#197 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 03:38 PM

EricaRN, I hope it all works out with your grandma and you have fun in Chicago. We haven't gone anywhere with our son (well, my husband has taken a few business trips, but I've stayed here). In fact, we haven't even gone very far with him because he hates sitting still in the car. I'd love a vacation somewhere nice. Maybe Italy. Well, you party for the both of us, ok?

This weekend we will probably do some garden work, as the pesky weeds have gone into turbo drive from all the sun and rain we've had. We also need to organize some mail/documents. Wow, we must sound really boring.

Oh, and we'll also have a bit of BD here and there. Yay for fertile CM! And go ovaries!

#198 of 214 Old 06-25-2010, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

i get med dark opk's close to AF up untill cd 8-9 then they go white and gradually get darker as ov approaches.

hope it works for you this month!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#199 of 214 Old 06-26-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
i get med dark opk's close to AF up untill cd 8-9 then they go white and gradually get darker as ov approaches.
I guess that's what I'm fearing. I think CD8's OPK was slightly darker than yesterday's, but it's hard to say. I guess there are other factors like how concentrated the urine is. I'm taking photos of each test, so I can compare later.

My body feels like O is not too far off, but we'll see.

Quote:
hope it works for you this month!
Thanks, you too!

#200 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM

Name: Sweet.Bee
Date: 28 June 2010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172/
Where are you in your cycle: CD12
Appointments: None.
Symptoms if they apply: Watery CM and my cervix is way open. Hoping to O soon.
Testing: OPKs once a day.
Thoughts: Feeling very optimistic and relaxed. I'm just telling myself that I've done it before, so I can (and will!) get pregnant again.

#201 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM

Name: Gale
Date: 28 June 2010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e84fd
Where are you in your cycle: CD28/11DPO
Appointments: Acupuncture on Mondays
Symptoms if they apply: Not sure if I have real symptoms or am willing myself to!
Testing: If no AF by 6/30, I have to test for my research study
Thoughts: Feeling optimistic. I had a weird "encounter" at acupuncture today. I have been going every Monday. Today, the doctor told me she didn't want to schedule for next Monday, but instead wanted me to wait and see if I needed more visits. Confused, I asked if she wanted me to take a week off (for AF) and then schedule for the following Monday. She said no, that next week I may be celebrating and her job would be done, that she thinks I will "be just fine." So...I'm wondering if she has a feeling about something or if this is a normal part of acupunture (to take some time off).

#202 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name:viv
Date:june 28th
Chart:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b07bd
Where are you in your cycle: cd18 1DPO
Appointments:none yet.
Symptoms if they apply: none 'yet'
Testing: on July 9th!!!
Thoughts: good timing this cycle! im hopeful!!!!

also i have "Edward" to distract me in a few days....so im all good for the first half of the 2WW. *swoon*

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#203 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleTX View Post
Today, the doctor told me she didn't want to schedule for next Monday, but instead wanted me to wait and see if I needed more visits. Confused, I asked if she wanted me to take a week off (for AF) and then schedule for the following Monday. She said no, that next week I may be celebrating and her job would be done, that she thinks I will "be just fine." So...I'm wondering if she has a feeling about something or if this is a normal part of acupunture (to take some time off).
oooh! sounds promising to me!

Sweet.Bee how am i supposed to stalk you when you dont enter all this info you have!!! opk's CP ect....

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#204 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Sweet.Bee how am i supposed to stalk you when you dont enter all this info you have!!! opk's CP ect....
Oops. I'm really bad at the whole entering-info-on-my-chart-thing. I do temps and CM and am too lazy for the rest. My OPKs are boring right now. I have a second line, but it's not even close to as dark as the control. Oh, and my cervix is open enough to stick a finger inside, if I wanted to. Enough info to stalk?

#205 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: Steph
Date: June 28th
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6556
Where are you in your cycle: CD 16, O? not sure
Appointments: none yet
Symptoms if they apply: Cervix is open, but no EWCM
Testing: Every OPK for the last week has been Negative! grrr!
Thoughts: I could really use a second set of eyes to help interpret my chart. I was going to attempt to use OPKs twice a day, but only kept up with that for one day. Anyway, I was reading all you guys wrote about the OPKs getting dark before they get lighter before they are positive...I just don't know what to think at this point. Mine was almost as dark as the control on Friday, but after that has gotten gradually lighter. I haven't seen ANY EWCM, but my cervix is open, and my temp rose today. Every time we BD'ed I made sure to use Pre-Seed, so I hope that compensates for my lack of CM. But, what am I to think if I didn't get a positive OPK? Maybe today's temp was a fluke and it'll go back down because I did take it a little early and only got like 4 hours of sleep prior to taking it. Insights?

Married 08/09/08; ready to
#206 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Monday Check-In:
Name: Waiting4SJ
Date: June 28th
Chart: None
Where are you in your cycle: CD5 (ho-hum..)
Appointments: Nada
Symptoms if they apply: Just wrapping up AF..
Testing: July 30th. (About 14 DPO)
Thoughts: We have 2 more cycles before DH leaves for bootcamp, then it's a mandatory 5 month break...

Waiting4SJ (25) married to DH (24) since 3/17/20014 . DS (2) born 11/11/11. TTC#2.
#207 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 08:47 PM

sweet.bee- thanks! lol its ok if im pushy, pregnant ladies can do that right!?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#208 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIstudentFE View Post
Thoughts: I could really use a second set of eyes to help interpret my chart............
Mine (opk) was almost as dark as the control on Friday, but after that has gotten gradually lighter. I haven't seen ANY EWCM, but my cervix is open, and my temp rose today. ......
Insights?
i think you are 1DPO. even with your fluke time temping.

if you got an almost opk on fri, and maybe just missed the surge by a few hours. ( i have done this!)
what time did you take the opk?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#209 of 214 Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: maybesparrow
Date:june 28th
Chart:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f85cc
Where are you in your cycle: cd9
Appointments:none .
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: not for a long while
Thoughts: This is my only my first full month charting (I did chart the last 2.5 weeks of my last cycle) and the numbers seem all over the place to me - is that normal for the first week or so of most people's cycles? I also had some EWCM this past week, but it's so early that I feel like it's my imagination.

#210 of 214 Old 06-29-2010, 12:26 AM

maybesparrow: your chart looks pretty normal. You may want to check out some photos of CM because sometimes it can be a bit tricky. Keep at it!

Monday Check-In:
Name:Jasmine
Date: 6/28
Chart: My Chart
Where are you in your cycle: CD16
Appointments: Nope
Symptoms if they apply: Ovulation cramping, elevated sex drive...
Testing: Got positive OPKs today! Woot! This is my first month of OPK using... hopefully it will be my last.
Thoughts: Guess we'll see. Kind of dreading the tww, going to try and keep my mind off it as much as possible.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page