Bitter Sushi Ladies - June - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2010, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rochelle - I had a snow white BFN on a FRER the day before the BFP - and MP didn't get a BFP until 13dpo - so I'm holding out hope for you (plus your chart looks spectacular!) ((((hugs))) though because I know how rough it is to get a BFN

Lapis - wow, you are a much more patient woman than I am - but *fingers crossed* for you!

Enigo - Way to go, Early O! GooooOOOOOO Ovaries!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
Sooo, after a fabulous backpacking trip, we are now scheduling an very short overnight, which includes our daughter, on the evening before predicted o-day next weekend... hmmm, good or bad idea?
She's pretty little right? That depends on how comfy you are BDing while she is asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
today is cd31. Still no boob soreness. Still no AF. had some light low uterine "feelings" the past few days .... but they were fleeting not like major cramping or anything. I feel kind of calm and relaxed about this month. and if AF still isn't here by NEXT WEEKEND then, I'll finally test... I'm really holding out
You crazy mama! That is some serious restraint! I know you're not a tester though. Ohhh the suspense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Oh snap a + OPK on cd13!!!!!! WOoooooooooooooooooo! should be easy to offer a Father's Day boink to DH. Oh man I'm gonna O on cd14!
Awww yeahhhh. Go get it girl!

Quote:
On an anoying note, I went to a mom's night out dinner thingie last night. Of course a couple of them had to "come out" pregnant. Way to bring down my mood. One is only 5 wks pregnant! Who does that?
Eew. That's just crazy. I guess some people don't know that sometimes early pregnancy is a temporary state...until it's not. But I guess ignorance is bliss until it happens to you! (Not that I would wish that on the most smug preggo, of course).

Aww Apricot . So sorry. $%& CD1 !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I have a feeling I'll be joining you soon Apricot . BFFFN on a FRER and Answer tests. I can see a lovely evap line on both where a real line should be, but no color at all to them. AF should be here tomorrow but my temp went up farther today. I looked at my only other pregnancy chart and I got a bfn on 11dpo then didn't test again until 14dpo when I got a faint positive on a $ store test so part of me wants to say I'm still in the game and the other part wants to scream into a pillow, pour a huge glass of wine, WHINE, and then crawl back into bed for the day.
So sorry about your BFFFN . But I say you're still in the game Rochelle! It's not over yet! Especially with that chart of yours!

AFM: BFN here too. I didn't really expect anything though, still too early. No worries. Just as long as things figure themselves out one way or another by Weds., I'm good.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Apricot: and thinking of you on this next cycle

Millefleur and Rochelle: sorry to hear BFN but I'm still cheering for you ladies
Old 06-20-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
enigo... yes to a father's day boink!

I also don't quite get the early pregnancy announcements... or to people someone doesn't really know that well.. sure close friends and family... but even then waiting a tiny bit seems wise. I guess those are the ladies who never have to try/worry... Mostly I just cringe when I see early pregnancy announcements on facebook! yikes...

okay ladies I'm stalking the BSL thread today... I want to see some BFP!!!!!!!!
The second time I got pregnant...I announced at 5 weeks. I was so excited. I had no complications with my first...and wanted to shout it from the rooftops. Then I had a miscarraige..and was beyond devastated. The next time we got pregnant I only told a handful of people who were/are really supportive. I will do the same whenever I get pregnant again...but I totally get wanting to shout it from the rooftops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
Good luck everyone. No need to poas here, cd1 is here.
Posted via Mobile Device
s

SimplyRochelle~ I'm with ya as far as the waiting tables go. Time to put on the happy face.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
Afm Well, ladies, I got to start using my fertility monitor... cd9 today, will o in a week...
GL!!!

AFM: Just waiting. 6DPO. Temps are still up. Should be for a while yet. Will probably break down and test this Saturday. It's gonna be a long week...

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Sorry Apricot and Rochelle for the BFNs (but Rochelle, it aint over until af shows, though I know the hopeless feeling after a BFFN )

Rachel Congrats!!!

I am probably 8 dpo, and with a chance this month. I Od super early. I'll test Tuesday morning

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 PM

Xtara: I also forget that I'm in my own little bubble here of feeling like pregnancy is so fragile..... in fact I wish I didn't feel so aware of how frequently pregnancies sometimes end early on.... and I suppose for many they can announce it early and things work out just fine but after all these months (ak... these two YEARS) I feel really protective of sharing the info w/ everyone and anyone... I do agree there are those folks who I'll want to tell either way.....and I'm so sorry about your last MC
Old 06-20-2010, 06:15 PM

Question for the BSLs

Would absolute intolerance to heat be one of the first signs of an impending BFP? I think I'm going to head out tom the DT to get some tests I usually love the heat, but for the last few days I have been unable to deal. I am grasping for something to obsess over, I know, but my little heart is beating so rapidly, and despite my drinking water, I can't seem to recover

Oh, I must mention that I saw quite a few bellies and babies the same age as the one I m/c would be Mixed bag of emotions I am :-/

Old 06-20-2010, 06:36 PM

Beloved: on seeing those bellies... on your test!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I am probably 8 dpo, and with a chance this month. I Od super early. I'll test Tuesday morning
I will be testing Monday (unless I begin to get obsessive and test Saturday...). to us!!!

Quote:
Xtara: I also forget that I'm in my own little bubble here of feeling like pregnancy is so fragile..... in fact I wish I didn't feel so aware of how frequently pregnancies sometimes end early on.... and I suppose for many they can announce it early and things work out just fine but after all these months (ak... these two YEARS) I feel really protective of sharing the info w/ everyone and anyone... I do agree there are those folks who I'll want to tell either way.....and I'm so sorry about your last MC
Oh gosh...I totally get feeling like pregnancy is fragile. Telling vs. not telling is different..you know? There are pros and cons to each. The first time, I was so devastated. I walked around like a zombie and people acted SO weird to me. They didn't know what to say...what to do....would say stupid things to me, etc. I took a month off work... I mean...EVERYONE knew. I totally made a face book announcement at 5 weeks, and ended up eventually m/cing at 9 weeks with a lot of up and downs in between. Even after my m/c....a lady from work asked how my morning sickness was...and I just burst into tears and said I had a miscarriage. She didn't even know what to say and hugged me. Then I felt stupid the rest of the night at work.

The second time..I told few people, and basically had to "pretend" to be okay to those that didn't know I was miscarrying again. A friend I told said I seemed better the second time and thought it was because I didn't tell too many people. I said it's just different. I still cry a lot. I still grieve and mourn that baby, both babies. I mean seriously...I miscarried only about 3 weeks ago....when I think of it that way I guess it's normal to still be sad sometimes. It's hard to pretend you're okay a lot because you don't want to tell people what it is that is wrong. Everything is wrong right now you know? [And I just started and DD asked what was wrong and asked if I was because I wasn't going to have my baby anymore. I just nodded. Then she gave me the biggest hugs and got me some kleenx...*sigh*] I mean I'm 25 freakin years old. I had one COMPLETELY NORMAL pregnancy...why the HELL does this keep happening!? (Sorry for the vent....guess I needed to cry a little or something!)

It's hard whether you tell early on..or not. Having people act weird around you is hard...but at the same time so is pretending you are fine as you are in the midst of another miscarriage. It just plain sucks.

Quote:
Question for the BSLs

Would absolute intolerance to heat be one of the first signs of an impending BFP? I think I'm going to head out tom the DT to get some tests I usually love the heat, but for the last few days I have been unable to deal. I am grasping for something to obsess over, I know, but my little heart is beating so rapidly, and despite my drinking water, I can't seem to recover

Oh, I must mention that I saw quite a few bellies and babies the same age as the one I m/c would be Mixed bag of emotions I am :-/
Feeling/intolerating the heat could definitely be considered a sign in my book!! I usually get super hot after I ovulate until I get AF. Then I get cold again. And I so get wanting something to obsess over. I'm in the boring part where I don't think I've implanted or anything yet (if I even get pregnant that is) so it's just a wait wait wait. I hate waiting. Screw patience!!!! I've waited long enough!! WE ALL have waited LONG ENOUGH!!

And I know what you mean about seeing bellies that are as far along as you would be. Two friends just popped up and announced this week that they are pregnant and due shortly after I would have been with my first baby. The one announced her pregnancy..and the next day I saw her and I couldn't even barely say a single thing to her. I was just too bitter. My heart hurt too much to utter the words "congratulations". I guess later on I'll have to lie and say that I didn't realize she was pregnant or something.

It's interesting because when people who've struggled with fertility or who've had losses get pregnant, my heart feels NOTHING but JOY and happiness for them...but when someone who seems to conceive easily with no issues ever and who has several other children get pregnant.....I almost despise them for a while.

Anyway...I better get going. I have to wait some tables tonight and DH should be home soon to care for DD while I'm gone. I want to eat some strawberry pie that I just made for fathers day. I hope it's a success!!!!

to you all.....lots and lots of

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 06-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Tara, I might beat you to testing I am about to go to the DT and I plan to hold my pee. I am even considering getting a FRER (WHAT, am I thinking??????!) (BTW, wish I could try some of your pie )

I think I need to be talked out of it (obsessing, that is)

Ugh, the heat

ETA, I now have 4 DT tests and will test in the morning. I know it's early, but I do tend to obsess. I know I should wait. I actually JUST peed in a cup , but regained control and poured out the clear pee as to not waste one of my dollars.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Tara: I can't imagine how you are feeling these days. three weeks is not a long time to feel totally over a loss. I know I've had a least one chemical (and possibly more) but never took pregnancy tests so I didn't really "know". the last one was a few months ago and the only reason I found out was one was because it was the first month we were doing fertility tests and they did some blood work before AF and then told me to come back and make an appointment when/if I got my period for more blood work... when I came back to tell them I'd gotten my period my doctor said they were pretty sure it had been a chemical (they were super casual about it... which strangely was ok for me... but I'm not sure all women would have felt so cool with that). it didn't feel like a loss but it continues to be the reason that I wont test until its obvious that I'm for sure pregnant (hence the waiting until next week!!!). I feel really lucky to have not had any major losses and really really hope that I don't. I think they are in many ways harder, or at least more of a roller coaster, than just plain ol' not getting pregnant. so hard either way. sorry that I said that I don't understand folks who post on FB right away...I realize that isn't really that sensitive maybe, even if I don't personally understand based on my personal infertile situation.

s all around and
Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM

I tend to let my good friends know right away, mainly because if I lose it and am hurting, I want my friends around. I won't tell my whole FB world though. I made a mistake like that (but not FB) with my chemical in early 2009. it was awful. I asked one of my friends who knew alot of my friends to tell them and ask them not to say anything to me I jumped the gun due to excitement, and paid the price

Old 06-20-2010, 07:58 PM

Hi, ladies, I've been super-busy and not able to post much the last week or so, but I wanted to offer s to all who need them. I think that's probably a lot of us. Today, Father's Day, is sucking. I really thought last Father's Day would be the last one DH wouldn't have his own little one to celebrate with. Not so much, I guess. I don't even want to think about 2011 Father's Day.

I am 4 DPO according to FF, but I think I am 2 DPO if I ovulated at all. (I have never in my life ovulated on CD 13, and last month on Clomid was only time on CD 15. Usually it's between CDs 18 and 26, and sometimes even later.) My chart is giving me fits! It's my homepage if anyone wants to take a peek. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

A and M, June 2012
Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 PM

Kinza, I am not super great at reading charts, but I took a look, whether or not you Od 2 days ago won't show unless your temps stay up for at least 3 days. Hopefully someone better will weigh in

afm, I am crazy, and silly. I am staring at what is now clearly a BFFFFFFFFN, BUT I should never have tested, plus it is late in the day and I have been having water

I initially thought I saw a pink area darken, but clearly that was nothing because when I took it into the daylight, it was so white it burned my eyes, and now I am seeing spots

I honestly don't know why I bother. Our situation has changed, still, I have a secret hope that one month it will happen because of destiny, or some such thing

Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 PM

Beloved - I am so so intolerant to heat while early pregnant - in fact, I normally run cold, so when my hands and feet are warm most of the time, that is almost a BFP for me. How many DPO are you? Fwiw, I had a VERY white 6 day FRER bfn at 10dpo this time - I swear that darn test was laughing at me. I've always had a BFP by 10dpo, so I figured I was out - BUT 11dpo - and you saw my FRER, so there is still hope for you!!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-20-2010, 08:48 PM

I lost track. I think I am 8dpo. I am usually freezing, and wear a shrug even in the summer. I am sweating and hyperventilating in my tank top. Can't wait for a cool shower. I plan on testing in the morning too

Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Oh man please let me have Oed today. I'm just so tired. I didn't want to DTD today at all, but I know it would kill me if it turned out I didn't O until tomorrow and had missed today. The OPK that was blaringly + this morning was already - by 3pm, but then maybe it was + at midnight last night for all I know. That happened last month too. It used to be 2 solid sometimes 3 days of +OPK's. This month and last month it was more of an afternoon. Would have been verrry easy to miss, if I wasn't an obsessed freak.
One really awesome thing about these fancy new normal cycles is that it seems (well it is) sooo much shorter until it's time to try again. I can try twice in the same amount of time!

C'mon Beloved

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 PM

OMFreekingG! I took a shower to cool off, and used warm water, not too hot, and usually I feel cooler when I get out and put on some cooler clothes. Well, as I am putting moisturizer on my face, I begin sweating, and I am soaked and sweat is pouring out of my pores. This NEVER happens, but I just got a BFN, and it could be that I got overheated today (we were at the beach) but I have to say that we walked on the beach at dawn and on the boardwalk for about 30 minutes before lunchtime to see an art exhibit. I never lay in the sun and really I didn't feel overheated until this afternoon. We weren't even on the beach after 10am, we had to leave to come home because of our dog, and SD was supposed to dogsit the last day and she never even called about it

I'm running on at the mouth

I am officially obsessing

Aw, now I feel like I need another shower, and I still need to dry my hair.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 PM

enigo, I hope you caught that eggie. It is so hard to feel so much like yopu have to DTD every day fpr fear of missing said eggie. I really am pulling for you, may this one stick, stick stick! and may you graduate this cycle

Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 PM

Thanks

Where's your chart? How can I properly obsess?

Yeah of course I know it's possible to get pregnant with just one well timed BD, but if I have more than a day before O I feel like I didn't give it my all. (Or DH's all)

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 PM

This month I forgot to temp until cd 11 or 12 when I was already post O in temps. I usually O on cd14/15 average, but have Od on cd9 before. So, this is a month where I am not even sure of the deal, but I'll be glad to post pics of HPTs because in the morning I am taking another one of those things!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Tara, I might beat you to testing I am about to go to the DT and I plan to hold my pee. I am even considering getting a FRER (WHAT, am I thinking??????!) (BTW, wish I could try some of your pie )

I think I need to be talked out of it (obsessing, that is)

Ugh, the heat

ETA, I now have 4 DT tests and will test in the morning. I know it's early, but I do tend to obsess. I know I should wait. I actually JUST peed in a cup , but regained control and poured out the clear pee as to not waste one of my dollars.
I LOVE dollar tree tests. They are my favorite Good luck in the morning!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear that it's a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Tara: I can't imagine how you are feeling these days. three weeks is not a long time to feel totally over a loss. I know I've had a least one chemical (and possibly more) but never took pregnancy tests so I didn't really "know". the last one was a few months ago and the only reason I found out was one was because it was the first month we were doing fertility tests and they did some blood work before AF and then told me to come back and make an appointment when/if I got my period for more blood work... when I came back to tell them I'd gotten my period my doctor said they were pretty sure it had been a chemical (they were super casual about it... which strangely was ok for me... but I'm not sure all women would have felt so cool with that). it didn't feel like a loss but it continues to be the reason that I wont test until its obvious that I'm for sure pregnant (hence the waiting until next week!!!). I feel really lucky to have not had any major losses and really really hope that I don't. I think they are in many ways harder, or at least more of a roller coaster, than just plain ol' not getting pregnant. so hard either way. sorry that I said that I don't understand folks who post on FB right away...I realize that isn't really that sensitive maybe, even if I don't personally understand based on my personal infertile situation.

s all around and
Oh you totally didn't offend me at all by thinking that. I totally get that thinking as well..which is why if and when we ever get pregnant again I only tell a handful of close friends/family. It's hard to be in this place....this place of losses, of not getting pregnant...either way it just stinks. I am trying to keep myself busy and not think about being pregnant or not...it's just that I want a baby so badly I ache....as we all do. And a chemical pregnancy IS a loss in my book. s right back at you. Let's let this month be our month!!!!

Quote:
I tend to let my good friends know right away, mainly because if I lose it and am hurting, I want my friends around. I won't tell my whole FB world though. I made a mistake like that (but not FB) with my chemical in early 2009. it was awful. I asked one of my friends who knew alot of my friends to tell them and ask them not to say anything to me I jumped the gun due to excitement, and paid the price
Same here. Good friends and family yes....and MDC of course! I think I'd feel better once I hear the HB or something. Maybe around 15 weeks I'd want to tell. Who knows. I need to..uh...get pregnant and get that far first...ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinza View Post
Hi, ladies, I've been super-busy and not able to post much the last week or so, but I wanted to offer s to all who need them. I think that's probably a lot of us. Today, Father's Day, is sucking. I really thought last Father's Day would be the last one DH wouldn't have his own little one to celebrate with. Not so much, I guess. I don't even want to think about 2011 Father's Day.

I am 4 DPO according to FF, but I think I am 2 DPO if I ovulated at all. (I have never in my life ovulated on CD 13, and last month on Clomid was only time on CD 15. Usually it's between CDs 18 and 26, and sometimes even later.) My chart is giving me fits! It's my homepage if anyone wants to take a peek. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Good luck! The TWW is SO long isn't it!?

Quote:
Oh man please let me have Oed today. I'm just so tired. I didn't want to DTD today at all, but I know it would kill me if it turned out I didn't O until tomorrow and had missed today. The OPK that was blaringly + this morning was already - by 3pm, but then maybe it was + at midnight last night for all I know. That happened last month too. It used to be 2 solid sometimes 3 days of +OPK's. This month and last month it was more of an afternoon. Would have been verrry easy to miss, if I wasn't an obsessed freak.
One really awesome thing about these fancy new normal cycles is that it seems (well it is) sooo much shorter until it's time to try again. I can try twice in the same amount of time!
I am SO glad your cycles have shortened up!! That is AWESOME! YAH for positive OPKs!

Quote:

Yeah of course I know it's possible to get pregnant with just one well timed BD, but if I have more than a day before O I feel like I didn't give it my all. (Or DH's all)
Every time....except once I think...since I've been charting AND doing OPK's (for such a long time I just though I knew when I O'd but I was clearly off) and timing sex right...we get pregnant. I'm hoping that streak doesn't let me down this month....*sigh*

Quote:
This month I forgot to temp until cd 11 or 12 when I was already post O in temps. I usually O on cd14/15 average, but have Od on cd9 before. So, this is a month where I am not even sure of the deal, but I'll be glad to post pics of HPTs because in the morning I am taking another one of those things!
Can't wait to see a !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:49 AM

period has arrived. cd1. oh well.... this next cycle will complete a full two years of active trying.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:53 AM

I missed the FMU, but I will collect SMU and test again. I might be 9dpo.

Lapis, sorry about af

Old 06-21-2010, 09:19 AM

Looks like a BFN to me

Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM

sorry beloved .... will you test again tomorrow?

wow. I just got so sad about this month. DH was pretty bummed too. we are discouraged. plus AF is starting off pretty heavy and making me feel crampy and queezy so I just feel terrible too. gonna to make tea and wash my hair. and the sunshine is not out today. and I'm tired.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 AM

Lapis
Aug is two years for me too

Old 06-21-2010, 10:15 AM

sorry to hear you too enigo... i think there are quite a few of us creeping up on two years here.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Yeah I'm not sure why I'm still so optimistic. You'd think I'd learn...

Man I hope I O today, I think the only part of the whole cycle that I can stand is when I know I've Oed and I can just relax (sort of) knowing I did the best I could before it's on to another cycle.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 AM

lapis and Beloved

I'm 8 or 9DPO, nothing happening. My temp is still at normal post-O levels, so I'm not hopeful.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!

User Tag List