Bitter Sushi Ladies - June - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
Yea, um, Kelly ******* (John Travolta) is now pregnant, and she is 47! The first thing I thought when I read that was why can she get pregnant and not me! bitter...
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she used donor eggs. They don't ever give those details in the little headlines, but it was in an article I read about celebs having babies later in life. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post
Can i come join the illustrious bsls?
Welcome!!! We always hope your stay is a short one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
s

Im trying not to think about that. Focusing on the wedding and move.

Pick up DF in 5 days! 5!!! O. M. G.

and then its only 10 more days that I get to call him DF! He will be DH after that!!!
That's soooo exciting! I know you'll have some gorgeous pictures to show off very soon!

AFM: Starting taking my few remaining opks yesterday. Hopefully my other ones will come in soon, although they were just shipped today from china! I'm making a much bigger effort this cycle to make sex fun and not a chore. and so far, soooooo good. Now if I can just figure out how to work preseed into foreplay hah. I'm finally starting to feel better as my cold is on it's way out and I am finally back to work today. Tonight when I get home I have to pack for our whirlwind weekend back home to visit with countless family and friends. We have so many people we want to see in such a short amount of time. And we have to find time to sneak away for some covert bd'ing somewhere in all that! Should be pretty interesting!! I think we're actually going to go to the popular high school make out spot in DH's home town for some baby making! Seems to work for the slutty cheerleaders!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#62 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
An alternative point of view on Shared Risk:
http://www.fertileweb.com/sharing-risk.html
I don't really have a point of view on it. Just wanted to throw it out there. I just want y'all to have the babies you want!
Ooooh tricky! It wouldn't be something I could do either way. I knew it was too good a deal to be true. I wonder what kind of money back you get if you have twins.

As DS were leaving my friend's house just now (she has a daughter his age and the 1 yr old) he said "I want a baby, but you won't give me one".
Sigghhhh he's lucky he's so cute. He doesn't even know about the last mc.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#63 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
As DS were leaving my friend's house just now (she has a daughter his age and the 1 yr old) he said "I want a baby, but you won't give me one".
My daughter asks for a baby brother every couple of days...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#64 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Ooooh tricky! It wouldn't be something I could do either way. I knew it was too good a deal to be true. I wonder what kind of money back you get if you have twins.

Oh that's rough.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#65 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah he's trying to break me. You should have seen him at the doc's office when he wanted to see his "little brother" on the monitor. THAT dear ladies was awful! He shreiked like a loon as we carried him out.

Anyway. I have decided that 9dpo is exhausting (Hmmm I am very tired today) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58
I could also be 8 dpo. Since I wasn't temping until 1 day before O I had to slap a couple temps in there because FF was freaking
out. Anyway depening on what temps I have in there it's either 8-9 dpo. I'll know when AF comes, then I can count back.
BTW, my new obsession is how close this chart is to my July preg chart. These things never mean anything, but I like to do it for some reaosn

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#66 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM

finnegansmom - Congrats!!

Nanette - I hope that by moving onto IVF it will be a quick path to pregnancy for you. I know that I am getting anxious to start as well (haven't had that talk yet with the doc...maybe end of July or August?). So I'll be watching you like a hawk! (Oh, and just a word of warning, often shared risk plans don't include meds, which can be muy expensivo...)

jenger - I haven't even lurked on the One list in months. As sweetest said, it's just to hard to be confronted with people stressing over not getting a BFP after a few cycles. (I know I was in that position once, but life is pretty different now.) But more power to those of you who still lurk! But anyway, I think seeing the RE is a good idea. It might be bad luck, but it might be something else that can be fixed!

simplyrochelle - Yes, I too need to figure out how to work the preseed into foreplay. I always feels pretty unsexy stopping things to lean over, grab the tube, dab it onto my finger, etc... Unless of course you're talking about the internal preseed that you apply with the syringe-thing. Working that into foreplay would be totally...um...interesting.

Apricot - Your link is blocked at my work because it involves "sex education."

AFM - cd1 for me (took 5 days of provera to start this period). I just realized that it's June and I haven't ovulated yet in 2010! Oh well. Getting ready to start my first round of clomid this weekend. Hopefully even with DH's spermie issues the clomid will give those guys lots of healthy targets.

My recent frustrations with the whole thing has been my lack of ovulation combined with DH's 0% morphology. I mean, I thought we'd be all set once I got on clomid! But no...we were dealt a double whammy. Boooo....

But the past few months have made me realize that obession over TTC is not where I should be spending my life energy. I've got other passions to attend to! So I've finally taken those dreams and plans for a baby in 2010 and shoved them out the window. Bye! Took me a couple months but, Bye!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#67 of 582 Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 PM

Hey, MI_Dawn, how are you doing? I was thinking about you (and your confusing chart). I see you started AF --but now hopefully you're on your way to O soon!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#68 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Can you take me off the list, or put me "in our thoughts" or something? We've decided to stop trying. It's a hard place to end my childbearing years, but it's just becoming more stress than I can deal with anymore.

I will lurk, I'm sure. You guys are so awesome, and I wish you lots of blessings, especially the snuggly little newborn kind.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#69 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
Can you take me off the list, or put me "in our thoughts" or something? We've decided to stop trying. It's a hard place to end my childbearing years, but it's just becoming more stress than I can deal with anymore.

I will lurk, I'm sure. You guys are so awesome, and I wish you lots of blessings, especially the snuggly little newborn kind.
You've got it! Let me know if you think it looks alright... lots of hugs, mama, you have been through a LOT.

Sooo, I'm off the city, gonna see that RE. I'm nervous....

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#70 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 12:40 PM

just love to the ladies

Jenger: good luck. looking forward to hearing how it goes

midawn: I'll be thinking of you... you're always welcome back...we like lurkers

maurine: a big cheers to remembering and focusing on our other passions.... thanks for the reminder

enigo: I can't imagine how hard that must have been to have your own feelings and then watch your boy so upset. i have for you this cycle

Millefleur: hey, how did your bone scan go?

rochelle: I'm right there w/ you trying to keep the sex life fun. I just ordered some preseed last week and am wait-wait-waiting for it to arrive : )

AFM: you can have O pain/mittelschmerz before you O, right? but can it be a whole day or few before? cd13 i had some very light O pains and then yesterday I had lots of ewcm. late late last night (like 2 am) we had sex. so today is cd15. I haven't checked to see if I have ewcm again today. I'm not temping and decided I didn't feel like buying the fertility monitor so I don't really know exactly which day I've Oed last month and also wont know for this month. also I ordered some preseed and was super excited to use it this cycle... but its still not here and probably wont be here until monday or tuesday and by then I'm almost certain to have Oed. Guess we'll try it out just for "fun" and seeing as my track record is pretty good for not getting pregnant, it seems likely we'll get to try it again at O time next month. It feels nice to have let myself off the hook from trying so god damn hard to get the bding in on the right days. I mean, I wont lie, i'm totally pleased that we were in the mood last night and got at least one likely good day in this month, but feeling like I'm okay with either outcome is really relieving.

#71 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM

Mi_dawn-
Posted via Mobile Device

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#72 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM

I got into nursing school!!!! AGH! Out of 477 applicants, only 70 spots were available and I actually made it in!

This is definitely going to make ttc a little more interesting! And I welcome the challenge of a newborn and nursing school! Now I'm super sad knowing I have to leave my nanny job that I've been at for a year. I love the little boy I watch and he's at such a fun age (turning 2 this month!) I will miss him so much, but I know it will be worth it to further my dreams. Just one step closer to being a midwife!

#73 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Woot, Rochelle!! congrats!

confidential to all here:
I WOULD LIKE TO BE PREGNANT SOON SO I CAN HAVE A CHILD NEXT YEAR! DAMMIT!

#74 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 03:20 PM

Oh, I'd also like to get my OPK's in the mail so I don't have to pay big money for store-bought.

#75 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Apricot: YES yes yes yes yes

Dear Apricot's Baby,

You have been cordially invited to join your new family. Your conception date is NOW and your birthday is sometime around valentines day... love is in the air. Hurry UP!!!

Love all of the bitter sushi ladies AND the Apricot family

and Rochelle: congrats! that is GREAT!
#76 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:25 PM

MI_Dawn: You have been through too much. I wish you much peace, and stress free times ahead.

jenger: Good luck at your appointment!

Rochelle: Congratulations on nursing school!!! Yay!!! You're amazing. I wish I had the, ahem,balls, to become a midwife. I just started training to be a CBE.
lapis: I think the answer to your mittelschmerz question is yes.
AFM: My bone scan went okay, thanks! Well, it was actually pretty horrible because I can't stand staying absolutely still for that long. Before we started the tech asked "are you sure there's no chance you could be pregnant?" And I thought, "rub it in whydon'tcha?" But I was on CD1. I went to the rheumatologist yesterday but they hadn't sent her the results yet .

In other news, my midwives have kicked me out! Well, not really, but now that it's been officially one year straight of TTC they said they can't do anything for me anymore. They're sending me to an OB I've never met who can hopefully run some "fertility" tests under the radar. So the midwives canceled my Friday the 11th appt. and now I'm going to see this male OB on Tuesday the 15th. I hate having male doctors messing with my ladyparts! But, it will be good to know if something is wrong or not.
#77 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:

confidential to all here:
I WOULD LIKE TO BE PREGNANT SOON SO I CAN HAVE A CHILD NEXT YEAR! DAMMIT!
ME TOO PLEASE!

Ooh, it feels good to scream. Good idea Apricot!
#78 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Ohh OhhHhh Pick me!! Me too I wanna be pregnant with the sticky baby too!

#79 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:47 PM

2011 sticky babies for all BSL's!
#80 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:56 PM

OMG! You should have done this months ago!!!!!!!

#81 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 04:58 PM

Virtual trip for BSLs to the gun range, batting cages, inflatable-sumo-wrestler-cage, sound-proof room for screaming! Let's go during happy hour!

#82 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
OMG! You should have done this months ago!!!!!!!
I know, what have I been saving my powers for!?

Quote:
Virtual trip for BSLs to the gun range, batting cages, inflatable-sumo-wrestler-cage, sound-proof room for screaming! Let's go during happy hour!
I have enough mint in my garden to make mojitos for all of us beforehand!
#83 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 05:37 PM

I wish I could ship you all the baby dust old wives tales say you get from touching a pregnant belly.

I stole mine from a kitten though. Anyone you know have a puppy or a kitten you can cuddle for a few minutes?

(Yes okay Im getting superstitious though but hey, it cant hurt. Unless you are allergic.)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#84 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 05:45 PM

I have been hanging out with my pregnant friend. I'll get her this weekend!!!!! Bawawhahahaha!!!!

#85 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM

So I have been feeling really rundown and chalked it up to DD's frequent nightwakings and stress about the move/landlord issue - well, last night I mentioned it to DH because I was being irrational I was so tired, and knew it and he asked me if I was anemic. *light clicks on* Duh. Whoops - should have been taking iron. In fact, when I got pregnant in Dec., I had been eating a lot of meat/dairy, taking prenatals, etc so I'm sure my iron was higher then.

Just for funsies, I googled anemia and infertility. I'm seriously going to be so pissed if that was my issue all along - apparently it is highly related to m/c and infertility but fortunately if I get my levels up, it should help immensely. Just sucks to think I wasted a year when it possibly could have been something that simple. Anyway, I am now taking yellowdock, iron pills, prenatal, and b6 and will have some b12 coming in to see if that whammy helps up my iron stores. I'm sure my last m/c and subsequent heavier periods since have not helped the issue at all, since I tend to run anemic anyway.

Any ideas on how to cover all my bases or any good info on anemia and infertility? I will be going in to get my levels checked (figured checking iron, and b12? my iron was checked right before the last m/c and was at 13.7 but that was right before.) I figured I could just take a bcomplex instead of the prenatal, or in addition to, but wasn't sure. I'm just taking the yellowdock for the next couple of weeks since it is somewhat inconclusive as far as nursing goes.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#86 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
Anyway, I am now taking yellowdock, iron pills, prenatal, and b6 and will have some b12 coming in to see if that whammy helps up my iron stores.
I suggest floradix instead of pills.

My midwife would rather I get it all from food sources but since that is only getting my iron borderline instead of good, my doctor wants me drinking some floradix every day... your body absorbs it better than the pills and it doesn't come with the nasty side effects the pills can give you.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#87 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 06:05 PM

I have some floradix (unless I threw it out - will have to see) but I couldn't stand the taste - any ideas on how to get it down otherwise?

Oh, I wanted to add, my iron levels normally run around 9 (when taken when not pregnant) I think mine were higher at that point because I was almost second tri.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#88 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
I have some floradix (unless I threw it out - will have to see) but I couldn't stand the taste - any ideas on how to get it down otherwise?
Its just fine to mix with other juice... just mix it good and drink it with a straw or the last gulp will be straight floradix.

#89 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 08:07 PM

Hey do any of you ladies know the deal with Provera? I went to get my B/C pills from the pharmacy today, and the lady said that I had 2 prescriptions the RE called in- Desogen (B/C pills) and Medroxyprogesterone (Provera). Why do you think she prescribed the Provera? The nurse didn't say anything about it on the phone? Do you all know? It says to take for 7 days? Should I hold off until I can talk to her tomorrow? I thought Provera was only used to bring on AF?

Oh, PS- got my CD3 bloodwork back, my FSH level was 4.5 and my E2 was 45. So good eggies, good sperm. WTF.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#90 of 582 Old 06-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page