No Stressers/No Obsessers - June 2010! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No Stressers/No Obsessers - June 2010!

Welcome This is a place where we come together for strength and sharing wisdom on how to be more stress-free during our trying to conceive journeys. We may still test, just not ridiculously early, if we can help it. You'll find people encouraging you to hold off when you are feeling weak. Share tips and tricks, and words of wisdom on how to enjoy our time making a baby as much as we can!

Anyone is free to join!
Please BOLD new member info, changes in cycle, Big Fat Positives, adding charts etc, and if I miss it, direct message me.

Hi guys! I'm filling in for MoOnFiReGlOw as she is moving and gets settled in this month. Please just bold any changes or additions you would like me to add. I'm feeling that June is going to be a very month around here let's let the fun begin!

Our Members!
*1*Lucky*Mama: Bella, 24 & Lincoln, 26. TTC #3, Cycle #1. DS1 3.5 years, DS2 almost 2
*AdalynsMama
*babsbob: TTC after m/c
*Banana731: (30) and dh (31) TTC #3 Cycle #2
*bootsvalentine:TTC #1. I'm 31, dh is 34, and this is Cycle #1
*EhveesMom: (31) and dh (32) TTC #2 Cycle #1
*Elonwy: (32) DH Mike (26) TTC #1 Cycle #1 [/COLOR]
*heartsandhandss: Kayce 23 & Blake 27. Made baby #2, on cycle #23
*heather+mike2005: Heather 31 & Mike, 30. TTC #2, Cycle #2
*Hesperia: 23, & DH 30. TTC #1, Cycle #12
*iheartmyfamily: TTC #1
*janeyenaj: (29) and DH (32) TTC #1 Cycle #2.
*jenniferadurham: Jennifer 28, DH is 36, TTC #3. DD(nearly 8), and DS(16months).
*jtc77: 32 and DH 39 TTC #1
*karmab: Jamie 42, & DH Jamie 39. TTC #5, Cycle #2
*MamaFern: Fern, 28 & Timothy, 26. TTC #4; Cycle #1 7 DS 7, DD 4, DD 2
*MoOnFiReGlOw: 27, dh 33. TTC 1 year, suspected MFI
*MommelRachel :37 & Carlo 37 TTC#1 Cycle #2
*Mother Cake : TTC #1, cycle #1
*MrsD08: Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D #1 since September 2009 w/ male factor infertility.
*sarahkristin
*Shy: 40 years young, TTC for a long time, 1 M/C, 1 chemical
*Spinnerette: Kate 22, Alex 24. TTC #1
*Steph152: Stephanie 25, & DP, 24. TTC #2; Our son just turned 1, and we are really hoping for two under two.
*Sweet.Bee: TTC#2
*SWhite: We are TTC #1 Cycle #1
*Tear78 TTC #1, Cycle # 21
*Waiting4SJ: TTC #1

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Waiting to try again
(ie health, distance between partners, taking a break etc)

CONGRATULATIONS! Graduates of the No Stressers/No Obsessers tribe!

*June 2010 BFP*
*Lydiah
*finnegansmom
*echospiritwarrior

*May 2010 BFP*
*Pirogi: & DH 30-something. DD(2) DUE last week of January
*Nintendork: Kristin & DH, both 28 . DUE first week of February!

March & April 2010

February 2010 BFP
*MommaM
*hopingtobemomma
Michelle 31 & DH John 32. Pregnant with #1, from cycle #2

Weekend Check-In
Name:
Date:
Where are you in your cycle:
Symptoms if they apply:
When are you thinking of testing:
Thoughts:
Appointments:
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:
Do you have any stress triggers:
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:
Partners feelings if applicable:
Plans for this weekend:

Past positive words from our members:
"My body knows how to conceive" from Lyndzies, expecting her first October!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#2 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 AM

Yay, new thread!

I'm trying to be so non-stressy, and I think I'm failing right now.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#3 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM

Okay, sign me up! I've found that all the lurking on the TTC boards is stressing me out. But it would be nice to chat with someone about this stuff besides dh and without strssing about it!

I am Banana731 (30) and dh (31) TTC #3 Cycle #1

We had surprise pregnancy that ended in a m/c at 8wks at the end of last year. Since then my rather normal 28-30 day cycle, has been crazy. I had, what I think was an ovarian cyst, cause a huge swollen lymphnode in my groin.(I will never know because the Drs at the MTF didn't care about the suspicious change in my cycle, and insisted it had to be an infection, or from an ingrown hair FROM SHAVING!-if you saw my furry bikini line, you would know why that was an obnoxious thing to have said to me, another story all together...) I had a 50 something day cycle and finally got AF when, lo and behold, the node started going down.

Since then though, my cycles have been in the 34-40+ day range with what seems to be a false start up attempt to O around cd 14ish and then another final attempt on cd 20-something. We tried this cycle and I am now 6 DPO (maybe) I was thinking of testing at 13 DPO, which is when AF usually appears. Do you think that's too early?

I haven't been truly charting, I figured that I would pull those puppies out and start doing temps if it didn't work out this cycle. But in the meantime any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Glad to join you, and good luck to all!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#4 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Banana I do hope your stay here is short, I've added you to the list. for your I feel you. DH and I had one early November due to IUD failure, that's actually how I got into charting. We CTA for about 6 months and then decided to TTC late last cycle. It can take a while for things to get back to regular after a m/c. My next cycle after mine was around 30ish days (normal for me) and then the next one was around 50-some days, and since then it's been back to 30some days.

Sending love and calming thoughts your way sweet.bee

#5 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 PM

Taking up lurking as a full time hobby--thought coming out in the open with it might help also in my desire to be less stress-y.

I'm janeyenaj (29) and DH (32) TTC#1 Cycle #2.

Thanks!!
#6 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

welcome Janeyenaj hope your stay is short!

#7 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 04:03 PM

I am EhveesMom (31) and dh (32) TTC #2 Cycle #1

Just taking it easy and letting nature take it's course. I'm using a ticker to know when I'm O but I'm not charting temps or anything like that.

Dh and I have been together almost 9 years and we had our first child, our precious daughter in Jan of this year. We are of the mindset "keep um close together" so we are going to start trying now. I'm actually O this week so ... let the games begin!

Treehuggin Mom of a beautiful little girl and Wife to a superhero husband.
#8 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM

my hubby and I are also ttc #2 without doing all the charting/temping/poas obsessive behavior! it totally takes the fun out of trying. plus its cheaper!!
we already have a 9 month old son and we are looking forward to adding a brother or sister for him!! For a few months we focused on days 7-14 but then after a few months that wasnt having any results (plus i was bf) it came the time when i decided to stop bf due to an active baby. I have always had my period every 28 days even while i was bf. now that we havent had any results, we're trying to see if in fact i ovulate later than day 14. When we wanted to add our first, i went off bc (on it for years) at the end of November 08 and conceived Dec 14ish 08.only symptom i had the first few months was tender breast, nothing else. I am waiting a week to test to give me more accurate results. if im not, oh well. more months of having fun trying!
#9 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

EhveesMom & Bumblehorse, I've got you both added.

So, I think I can stop obsessing a bit now Ovusoft finally put me at 1 DPO... it's kind of weird because the last two months I've had more of a stair step rise when before I had more of a classic rise. I think a good omen might be having just bought a bunch of hcg & lh tests and they arrived today when I really can't do that much with them. I already still had 1/2 dozen pg tests left over from last time. I'm going to wait until next week to begin testing.

Guess I'll strap on my apron and "nest" a little around the house.

#10 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post

So, I think I can stop obsessing a bit now Ovusoft finally put me at 1 DPO... it's kind of weird because the last two months I've had more of a stair step rise when before I had more of a classic rise. I think a good omen might be having just bought a bunch of hcg & lh tests and they arrived today when I really can't do that much with them. I already still had 1/2 dozen pg tests left over from last time. I'm going to wait until next week to begin testing.

Yeah, mine has been showing a stair step pattern too. What stinks about it is that you never know if you really O'd or if it stalled and then happened a few days later!

I hope you get a temp rise tomorrow to confirm O!!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#11 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Yeah, mine has been showing a stair step pattern too. What stinks about it is that you never know if you really O'd or if it stalled and then happened a few days later!

I hope you get a temp rise tomorrow to confirm O!!
You nailed it. I was out of OPKs so I really had to just go with it. Kinda panicked when I got EWCM after I thought I'd Oed. Good thing we had a couple of arguments and so had to make up I certainly can't blame a :- on lack of trying

I'm no expert but I think I may have Oed anywhere from day 28 to 31... hopefully future temps can help me pinpoint it a little better so I know when to NOT start trying to obsessively test

#12 of 243 Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 PM

I am 26, Hubby is 29 and son is 9 months old!
#13 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbblehorse View Post
I am 26, Hubby is 29 and son is 9 months old!
gotcha!

I feel like chart stalking, anyone want to share theirs?

#14 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
gotcha!

Sure, here's mine:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172/

My temp was slightly up today, so maybe I've ovulated? I'll have to see what tomorrow's is. I hope it's higher. We're a bit worn out after 2 weeks of fertile CM.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#15 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
Sure, here's mine:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e2172/

My temp was slightly up today, so maybe I've ovulated? I'll have to see what tomorrow's is. I hope it's higher. We're a bit worn out after 2 weeks of fertile CM.
V- Why was cd 19 protected intercourse? How do you like the TCOYF online charting?

Bee-do you check cervical position as well?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#16 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Bee-do you check cervical position as well?
I check CM at the cervix, so I get a general feel of my cervix. But it seems to vary so much throughout the day that I'm not sure how to really track it.

#17 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
V- Why was cd 19 protected intercourse? How do you like the TCOYF online charting?

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice that. We had been CTA for 6 months prior to just now and DH and I both think it might be nice to have a boy after 2 girls and he suddenly w/d trying to get to the 'later' part of O (he knew I was close). I had to explain to him that if a girl was in our stars that likely it's already been done from days 15 & 16.

I really like the Ovusoft. One thing I like about it is that it is more CTA friendly and we'll likely go back to CTA after we have another baby. Also for me it seems easier to read, maybe it's just because it's what I'm used to but there are certainly features I really like about it. The tenths of a degree are closer together (than ff) and since my temps can fluctuate quite a bit I like that, also I like how each temp is labelled with a number so that if I transfer my charts to paper it's quite easy to read and so quick to transfer. I like the fact that there is an option for protected BD (but that probably falls under CTA friendly). I have mixed feeling over how it automatically adjusts your temp if you wake up early or late (normally I love it but this month I had to go from temping at 7:15 to 6:40 because it's light longer and I kept waking up earlier anyway and I think it sorta messed up my temps a little). It gives reminders on how to deal with the time change (spring forward/fall back- like today temp 30 minutes earlier etc.) and breast exams that sort of thing. It does cycle forecasting (I guess the paid FF does too) and it's telling me if I get pg this cycle that I'll likely deliver between Feb 8th and 28th. You can also easily adjust the due date calculator from O date to LMP (in my case this month that is a difference of just a few days (Feb 15th and Feb 18th).

I don't know how many of those features are available on the paid FF, but I do chart on the complimentary FF as well because last time my computer crashed I lost a whole week's worth of data in February.

#18 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 PM

You know ladies I'm starting to wonder if I'm insane or not. Since I had DD I've been chomping a the bit for AF to show up so that DH and I could try again for another blessing. Well now that I'm due to O in the next couple of days and I am in the "Try Try Try" period, I'm having second guesses!

I just love my DD so much right now I'm scared a new baby is going to interrupt that and maybe I should get in better shape before #2. I just don't know! I didn't have any doubts until this morning when I started looking up jogging strollers to buy.

I've always been a big girl (200lbs) and when I was pregnant with DD it took a long time before people realized I was pregnant due to my already bigger belly and I never got that "cute" pregnant belly that thin women get.

I know this sounds completely selfish doesn't it? I should only care that I was able to have a healthy wonderful pregnancy right? And I do thank God for that, but now I dunno if I should wait a few months before we try and get my body into shape or what. LOL

Help!

My Ticker

Treehuggin Mom of a beautiful little girl and Wife to a superhero husband.
#19 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhveesMom View Post
You know ladies I'm starting to wonder if I'm insane or not. Since I had DD I've been chomping a the bit for AF to show up so that DH and I could try again for another blessing. Well now that I'm due to O in the next couple of days and I am in the "Try Try Try" period, I'm having second guesses!

I just love my DD so much right now I'm scared a new baby is going to interrupt that and maybe I should get in better shape before #2. I just don't know! I didn't have any doubts until this morning when I started looking up jogging strollers to buy.

I've always been a big girl (200lbs) and when I was pregnant with DD it took a long time before people realized I was pregnant due to my already bigger belly and I never got that "cute" pregnant belly that thin women get.

I know this sounds completely selfish doesn't it? I should only care that I was able to have a healthy wonderful pregnancy right? And I do thank God for that, but now I dunno if I should wait a few months before we try and get my body into shape or what. LOL

Help!

My Ticker
sweetie, I don't think it's selfish at all to want to take care of yourself and your little baby. If I'm getting this right your DD is only 5 months old, there is plenty of time for your baby to be babied. I know plenty of moms can do two babies that close, but for me I just don't think I could handle two so close together and I think my body knows that since I never even got PPAF until 15 and 12months after my DDs. I think it's quite honorable for you to want to get your body into better shape it would be better for everyone in the long run. and good luck on your decision to go for it now or to hold of for a bit.

#20 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 03:03 PM

I think you'll feel better about your pregnancy if you are 100% sure you are ready. I was not with my first and completely with my second, and that was true for me. The whole first year was better for me the second time, it was a seamless assured transition, even when it was hard I actually was pretty sad for dd2 (she had either just turned 2, or was about to) when I got pregnant in the Fall, and kind of ambivalent about it when it ended. I had wanted another baby, but I had wanted to wait a few months, and that mattered to me. I think it's great to have a big family of close together in age LO's, but even "natural child spacing" is typically spread out a year or so between pregnancies. Most BFing mamas don't get a return AF for about 14mo, if not longer, and it actually takes your body a year to go back the pre-pregnancy state (hormonally.) I think we all try to make sure our bodies are as healthy as they can be when TTC. Maybe your intuition is trying to tell you something? A 15 month old and a newborn, that's a full plate, I'd go bananas!

#21 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 03:10 PM

You know what else, E- is this your first AF since your birth? You might not even ovulate this go round. Sometimes the first cycle is more of a warning.

#22 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Elonwy (32) married to Mike (26) TTC #1 Cycle #1
I'm trying really really hard not to obsess, but I'm so excited!! We've been married for a year and I convinced him that its time to try last weekend, and its all I can think or talk about. We want to have fun with it though, and just have a good time trying.
So how do you ladies keep from obsessing?

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#23 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 PM

EhveesMom, my little one is 13 months and here are my thoughts...

After my son was born, my body was a bit worn out. It was a relatively easy pregnancy (besides morning sickness, then vomiting up to ~24 weeks) and super fast birth, but pregnancy really sucks a lot out of you. For some, it is more draining than for others. I would sometimes in the first few months postpartum get a bit dizzy or just feel drained (not tired, just drained of energy, if that makes sense).

Also, I gained quite a lot of weight during pregnancy, and I will admit that I wanted to regain my body. So, I understand what you're saying.

As soon as I felt more comfortable with my body and MORE IMPORTANTLY like I could get through another pregnancy without feeling drained, I started to entertain the idea of TTC #2.

I really want the children to be close in age, too, so that made me decide I was ready. I have a friend whose children are 15 months apart. While I have no question that she can do it, I don't think I could. My son is pretty easy, but he does require a lot of mommy time. Somewhere around 2 years seemed more doable for me. But everyone is different.

So if I were you, I would ask myself:
What age gap do you think you personally could do?
Is your body ready to go through pregnancy again?

#24 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM

How do you NOT obsess? That is an excellent question. Does anyone have the answer?!

I try not to obsess because I am afraid that if I get too worked up about it and it ends up taking a long time, that I would get really depressed about it. I 've been reminding myself that during my TWW. I'm not entirely sure it's working-I'm on the TTC board right? But I haven't taken the HPTs in the house and most of my conversations with dh aren't about conception, so maybe it does help. "Calm down, Banana, calm down..." it's like a mantra.

I think another thing that makes it easier (could be wrong) is that I am way private about this stuff IRL. No one knows that we're TTC #3 and won't until I'm quite pregnant.

Do you all tell your families and friends about this journey or keep it private?

#25 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Elonwy hope your stay here is short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

So if I were you, I would ask myself:
What age gap do you think you personally could do?
Is your body ready to go through pregnancy again?
great questions!

Quote:
How do you NOT obsess? That is an excellent question. Does anyone have the answer?!

I think another thing that makes it easier (could be wrong) is that I am way private about this stuff IRL. No one knows that we're TTC #3 and won't until I'm quite pregnant.

Do you all tell your families and friends about this journey or keep it private?
I wish I had the answer to not obsessing but then I probably wouldn't be here

I've told one friend IRL and then I said something to my mother one night which was STOOOPID, so of course now EVERYONE knows I'll stop there my mother is mentally ill and I should have known better.

I've mentioned several months ago to another friend but I don't go broadcasting that we're actually trying when I had hoped to be. I'm actually keeping it purposely quiet from another friend because she and her DH are trying for #2 and last time it took them several months and I don't want to be taking away from her glow and excitement.

#26 of 243 Old 06-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Here's mine: http://www.tcoyf.com/members/Amitiel...s/default.aspx

Quote:
How do you like the TCOYF online charting?
I LOVE tcoyf charts. I used FF for a year and I obsessed WAY too much! There were just too many options and tracking all my little aches and twinges just lead to more stress. I ended up checking my chart thirty million times a day and chatting non-stop about ttc!

Tcoyf is way more chill and free plus it has all the options that the paid for version of FF has. Granted they are still working out some of the kinks, but it is a wonderful program. I like the things echo said about it as well as the coverline it gives you BEFORE O so you know what your average temp is and what it needs to go over in order to signal O.

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#27 of 243 Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post
So how do you ladies keep from obsessing?
Tough question.

I think it helps to have a partner, a friend, etc. who is relaxed. My husband is very calm and hardly ever is stressed about anything. If I were to assign a smilie to him, it would be a guy holding a mojito while chilling out in a hammock under a palm tree. Too bad we don't have that one.

I, on the other hand, am pretty high-strung. If I were in the hammock, it would be rocking wildly because I can not sit still and just relax.

But I want to be less stressed and obsessed, which is why I post here. I want to draw on the calm energy of those around me.

Also, distractions are good at taming obsession. Running around after my 13-month-old limits my obsessive opportunities. It's also nice to just chill out at night before bed, whether with a DVD, a video game, or just snuggling.

#28 of 243 Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Heh. My partner and I regularly switch high-strung/calm roles. Usually when the other one is spazzing out, we'll get calm and try to help the situation. Doesn't always work though. He is excited and terrified too. He also finds the list of things I can't eat or drink completely unfair, which I think is terribly sweet of him. He wants to help as much as he can because "I have to do all the work".

I checked out the TCOYF charts cause my paid membership to FF is about to run out and I find it kind of annoying and not always super intuitive and I really like TCOYF better, though currently they are predicting my next O differently (probably cause TOCYF has less data) I think I am going to keep doing both for a little bit, as TCOYF is in beta, which always makes me a bit nervous, but thanks for the suggestion.

What do people think of the What to Expect When You're Expecting book? I know it's one of the most popular pregnancy books ever, but is it worth it?
I need something to read that is helpful but not full of "OMG so many things can go wrong!!!!"

Thanks for the no-stress thoughts
Elonwy

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#29 of 243 Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Can I join here too? I'm in the TWW 6 dpo today and I just tested At least I waited until the evening time though...it's sort of almost 7 dpo... It was a BFN surprise surprise...but I really couldn't wait to test any longer.

I think I'm going to run out of tests

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#30 of 243 Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
Can I join here too? I'm in the TWW 6 dpo today and I just tested At least I waited until the evening time though...it's sort of almost 7 dpo... It was a BFN surprise surprise...but I really couldn't wait to test any longer.

I think I'm going to run out of tests
Buying tests is stressful! these helped me to de-stress a little
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page