Nursing Mamas TTC June - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2010, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

agmi~ Congrats

jr'smom~ on the -- hpt.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Socal, I'm so sorry. I was hoping this was your month and you'd never get to the three year mark. hugs. I'm glad you'll be able to seek help soon.

congrats, agmi! curious, how many dpo were you when your milk smelled like colostrum (here I am trying to smell my milk, )

jrsmom, fx. it is still early. every pg can be different.

crayfish- hope you get your bfp tomorrow! 11dpo is still early. I believe FF's pg monitor says less than 50% of +s are reported that early (but don't quote me on that). I wouldn't worry until you have a bfn @ 14dpo, honest.

lifeguard- sorry this is turning out to be a stressful cycle for you. Hope you O soon. It seems like it would be really weird for you to O on 100 but not 150, kwim? you are charting, right? is it possible you O'd w/o a + opk?
we're taking next cycle off, too, to regroup and figure out a different game plan. FX neither of us has a next cycle to take off.

AFM, I'm engorged again. sigh. and I had a wicked similar to pre-AF headache all day... trying to stay calm about it. I wish I could just keep upping my progesterone, but I'll run out. I'm sure this is progest related, since I have such dismal LPs, my last level was terrible low, and since I have low-progest symptoms right now. I'm going to call my RE's office and plead my case again (tried Friday, they want to "see how this cycle turns out" on 200mg before upping it. That seems mean to me.)

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 AM

babygrey - it does seem mean whenever the experts say "we'll see how this goes" - ugh! On the other hand I often find it reassuring that the doctor seems so sure it will work! I hope your symptoms are from the progesterone & not af!

I am charting & am pretty positive I haven't o'd yet. I do think it is pretty weird that I o'd on 100 but 150 doesn't seem to be doing anything. I thought I would o earlier in the cycle not later!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 06-28-2010, 06:00 AM

SoCaliMommy and babygrey, thanks
It was 7dpo when I smelled colostrum
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

pretty sure af found me good thing we just changed insurance companies so that will be active the start of July so then i can get the ball rolling on seeking medical help. July marks 3 years of ttc After the year and 2 back to back miscarriages i figured it'd take a while but not this long.

Sorry Socal. Did you make an appointment yet? We actually got in two weeks after I made the appointment, but I heard that it can be a long wait for the first appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agmi View Post
Congrats, LROM!

Thanks, babygrey, for your reply.
I got something looking like BFaintP or evap at 10dpo. Very faint positive at 11dpo. Faint positive at 12dpo. I've been getting faint positives untill 14dpo when I stopped testing. I can't believe it, but it seems like am pregnant I guess milk smelling like colostrum is a very early sign
Thanks for your crossed fingers
I hope everything will go well with our tiny baby.
Lots of hugs to those who still wait for BFP and baby dust too

Congrats Agmi

AFM: I am 7 dpo and leaving to go out of the country for two weeks on Saturday (which will be 12 DPO). I am going to wait to test until Friday or Saturday. A BFP would be a wonderful surprise just before I leave!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Congrats Agmi!!

s SoCal

babygrey - Sorry to hear about the engorgement. Hopefully its just the progesterone. You are having a longer than usual LP at least right?

rcr. I am 7dpo too. I bought some HPTs yesterday though, which was a bad call because now I want to use them. Must. Have. Restraint. I'm going to try to wait until Friday too.

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMommy View Post

rcr. I am 7dpo too. I bought some HPTs yesterday though, which was a bad call because now I want to use them. Must. Have. Restraint. I'm going to try to wait until Friday too.
I have three tests calling my name at home too

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM

I finally got a + OPK yesterday!! All the signs suggest fertility as well. Of course we were staying at my mom's all weekend and sleeping in her bed so not much BD going on...had to get creative last night. LOL. Not temping while I was there so we'll see if and when I actually O. So exciting though! I started vitex last thursday so maybe that is why? Or may it is coincidence. Yesterday was cycle day 32 for me!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

rcr~ No i haven't yet i'm waiting on our insurance to kick in the start of next month, dh's work is switching to Kaiser.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm new here so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong place, or asking the same question that has been asked a million times before!

My husband and I would like to start trying again in August (our son is 7 1/2 months old), but my period has not returned, and one month's worth of peeing on OPK sticks has yielded no smiley faces. I was hoping I was ovulating without menstruating, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

SO, what do I do?

I work full-time so I'm already pumping a lot and really would love not to have to cut down on any nursing sessions. I also pump after my son goes to bed/before I go to bed, and need to in order to keep up. Freezer stash isn't very big (maybe a month's worth, at most) so I don't want to go that route. In just the last week or so my son has started sleeping the full 11-hour stretch without feeding, so I suspect this could help, but I'm not sure.

I really want to continue exclusively breastfeeding as long as I can, but I also want to get pregnant in the next couple of months. Is there hope?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

asm3024~ Honestly i would wait for AF to return on it's own. You might O before getting AF back and you might not. For some it's normal to not get AF til their child is 1year old or even later.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
rcr

Socal - are you going to tell the RE you are nursing? I am curious. I didn't, but now I am worried that they will prescribe some meds that are not BF-friendly.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3024 View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm new here so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong place, or asking the same question that has been asked a million times before!

My husband and I would like to start trying again in August (our son is 7 1/2 months old), but my period has not returned, and one month's worth of peeing on OPK sticks has yielded no smiley faces. I was hoping I was ovulating without menstruating, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

SO, what do I do?

I work full-time so I'm already pumping a lot and really would love not to have to cut down on any nursing sessions. I also pump after my son goes to bed/before I go to bed, and need to in order to keep up. Freezer stash isn't very big (maybe a month's worth, at most) so I don't want to go that route. In just the last week or so my son has started sleeping the full 11-hour stretch without feeding, so I suspect this could help, but I'm not sure.

I really want to continue exclusively breastfeeding as long as I can, but I also want to get pregnant in the next couple of months. Is there hope?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I'm with you. Wanting to conceive our 3rd child as soon as we can, but with my DS didn't get AF until 14.5 months, then it took 10 months to conceive my DD. *shrug* My DD is 7 months old and sleeps about 9-10 hours at night typically.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

rcr~I'm not sure if i will or not. We only nurse like 1-2 time a day sometimes less.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post
Hopefully I O'd later than FF said and its just too early (although I read somewhere the likelihood of a positive is super low if you don't have one by 11DPO?). Anyway, assuming AF doesn't come while I'm away (fingers crossed!!), I'll test when I get back.
I think that is too early to consider yourself out. I don't think it's uncommon to get a bfp anywhere from 13-15 dpo. I think it might also vary based on cycle length. I also had one doc say that if you tend to O earlier you'll get your bfp earlier (less dpo before +) and if you tend to O later then it takes longer to get your bfp (more dpo before +). But I can't speak for the accuracy of that.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:50 PM

vegan princess - yeah on the +opk!

rcr & socalmommy - I must admit I didn't tell my doctor about nursing. He knows how old ds is & never asked so I didn't tell him. I did however do research on my own re: clomid & felt comfortable with it.

jennabella - interesting idea.

afm - I think I o'd!!! My temp was up this morning & my nips are getting sensitive. I never got a +opk & I'm worried the temp was wrong because I had a really bad night's sleep so I'll wait until tomorrow morning to confirm it stays up. Hopefully this was it - we timed things well. Unfortunately I am going away for 2 weeks next Tuesday & so I will be away when I either get bfp or af which is no fun.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

rcr~I'm not sure if i will or not. We only nurse like 1-2 time a day sometimes less.

Yea me too (well, closer to 3-4 times a day), so I did not tell them. I heard a lot of stories about REs refusing to see people because they are nursing, and on our case, DH has big sperm issues (everything is horrible), so we kinda know what the problem is, and I don't think it is nursing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post
vegan princess - yeah on the +opk!

Unfortunately I am going away for 2 weeks next Tuesday & so I will be away when I either get bfp or af which is no fun.
Me too! I will be gone starting this Sat for two weeks, so unless I get a BFP before then (and if I get one while I am away), I won't be able to tell my online friends - and I doubt I will want to tell any of my irl friends.

AFM - felt a little crampy yesterday, which always happens around 7-8 dpo when I get AF. Not feeling very optimistic

Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I got another (-) HPT at 8dpo yesterday and refrained from testing this morning. I'll probably test again tomorrow and then just wait for AF if it is (-) too.

Maybe I'll try OPKs next month. They just never seem that clear to me and they make me obsess even more. We'll see.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 AM

jr's mom - it's still early.

rcr - I figure if I get a bfp while I'm away I'll share with one of my new friends where I'm going 'cause I'll burst if I have to keep it secret for that long!

afm - my temp was back down this morning (which I suspected was up just due to poor sleep) so I still haven't o'd. The good thing is I've got good ewcm & my nips are sore so hopefully I'll o soon!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 AM

socal, how is your bleeding? I don't think it is a crazy thing to think maybe there's a chance if you are still above cover...

lifeguard- i'm glad you have impending o signs!

jrsmom- fx.

afm. nothing much. 11dpo. lots of bfns. this is the downside to being an early tester, i suppose. After much pleading on my part, my RE upped my progesterone supps for me. I'm not engorged anymore. I hope it wasn't too late for it to help.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

babygrey~ my temp finally decided to drop below last cycles cl. for you.

jrsmom~ for you.

lifeguard~ i'm glad you have impending o signs.

rcr ~ I probably wont say anything. I know my problems with getting pregnant are not because of nursing. My daughter self weaned at 18months old and it took almost a year of ttc and 2 back to back miscarriages to get pregnant with my son, with the 2nd miscarriage being the worst making it to 11wks with a baby that passed at either 6wk range or 8wk range depending on what u/s i believe when they had been done 1wk apart, and then not passing the baby til when i was at what was 13wks. and then being told by Kaiser that by the testing they did they didn't find anything abnormal at all.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 AM

SoCal - Sorry you dropped below CL. Also I'm sorry about your losses while TTC #2- That must have been so hard. You are a strong mama!

afm - I knew I shouldn't have bought any hpts because Im only 9dpo and have already used 2 out of the 3 I bought. BFNs of course. Argh. No willpower . Anyhow, I keep telling myself that I need to wait until Sunday to use the last one. We'll see if I can hold out.

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 AM

babygrey - happy to hear af hasn't found you yet.

My temp went up this morning. I'm pretty sure I o'd. We'll see what happens!

Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM

I'm a little confused i'm on CD9 and my temps are going up is this normal i thought they went down to pre o temps after af.

heres my chart if anyone is interested.

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:

My temp went up this morning. I'm pretty sure I o'd. We'll see what happens!
Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMommy View Post
I bought some HPTs yesterday though, which was a bad call because now I want to use them. Must. Have. Restraint. I'm going to try to wait until Friday too.
I'm hoping that crazy pain you had was O pain. Have you been able to hold off testing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabella View Post
I think that is too early to consider yourself out. I don't think it's uncommon to get a bfp anywhere from 13-15 dpo. I think it might also vary based on cycle length. I also had one doc say that if you tend to O earlier you'll get your bfp earlier (less dpo before +) and if you tend to O later then it takes longer to get your bfp (more dpo before +). But I can't speak for the accuracy of that.
I hope you're right jennabella....see my update below!

Quote:
I think I o'd!!! My temp was up this morning & my nips are getting sensitive. I never got a +opk & I'm worried the temp was wrong because I had a really bad night's sleep so I'll wait until tomorrow morning to confirm it stays up. Hopefully this was it - we timed things well. Unfortunately I am going away for 2 weeks next Tuesday & so I will be away when I either get bfp or af which is no fun.
Did your temp stay up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
felt a little crampy yesterday, which always happens around 7-8 dpo when I get AF. Not feeling very optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post

afm. nothing much. 11dpo. lots of bfns. this is the downside to being an early tester, i suppose. After much pleading on my part, my RE upped my progesterone supps for me. I'm not engorged anymore. I hope it wasn't too late for it to help.
Have you tested again babygrey?

So, I got home last night, and had elevated temps and no AF while away, so I tested and there was a faint line! I tested again this morning with FMU, but the line is still super faint. This is still positive, no? I would have expected the line to be darker with FMU and I'm paranoid now. Its a Dollar Tree test, and my last one, so I'll clearly need to head to the drugstore and spend a fortune on First Responses (no local Dollar Tree). I really hope that I am indeed pregnant, and that this one sticks!

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
rcr

tested this morning at 10 dpo = BFN. damn.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Crayfish: Yay!!!! Sounds positive to me! Congrats!!!!

AFM: I think I am 2 or 3 DPO! I think this may have been my first time ovulating since I conceived DD! I'm soooo excited!!! I forgot how annoying it is to be in the 2WW though. LOL.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Yay crayfishgirl!!! How many dpo are you?

And congrats to you VeganPrincess!

rcr- sorry to hear about bfn. It's still early though. At least that's what I've been telling myself .

Old 07-01-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

July Thread Is Up

User Tag List