DaddyM~
finnegansmom~
nia82~
phantesi~
sarahn4639
Wendlynnn~

June Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold
The little * next to a name is just my way of keeping track if someone posts at least 1 time during the month.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#2 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifeguard & Finnegan's mommy~YYYYAAAAAAYYYYY

Amanda~Sry to hear about ur bfn, but there's always hope til the witch shows up : )

Kami~Thanks for the welcome! Sorry to see ur onto a new cycle . Hope u have a good day!

I would address more of u, but can't see the old posts since we're on a new thread, and that's all I could remember

ASM~ Guess I am in the Two Week Wait Not positive about that though, since my temps have been ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I think it has a lot to do with nursing at night . I had a weird batch of + opks with no O too, but I blame it on the stupid answer daily tracker. I bought the midstream answer opks and got the most recent 2 + opks. Hope those were the real deal!

Oh, here is a link to my chart, too, if you can add me to the list http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Daisy420

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#3 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Updated List To Here

Daisy420~ maybe the other + opks were your body gearing up to O but then didn't.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#4 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wow, congrats lifeguard and finnegan.!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the new thread socal.

I am 7 dpo, got a - on an IC this morning. Is it too early to get a + on an IC?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#5 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
Wow, congrats lifeguard and finnegan.!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the new thread socal.

I am 7 dpo, got a - on an IC this morning. Is it too early to get a + on an IC?
I think 7 DPO is too early to get a + on anything....
That is really early, I've read that 8 DPO is the average and best implantation day so 9DPO might be the (average) earliest you can get.

Hang in there and for you!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#6 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 02:25 PM

lifeguard~ Congrats on the +OPK's thats a great thing

I'm hoping I am actually 5DPO like my chart says. My temp is staying as high as I'd like, but it is still up. Anyone care to take a look and let me know what you think? (the 2 discarded temps are because of very late nights & sleeping in)

Hope June/July turns out to be full of BFP's for us all

Oh SoCal, can you move me to the 2WW please

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#7 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 02:27 PM

thanks for the shiny new thread!

Fun last night. First a flat tire, then DS came down with the pukes. He's 18 months. Poor little guy.

lifegard- i think i already said congrats but if not big congratulations (again)!

Ok so somebody tell me. If implantation occurred 4 days ago, a test should show it by now, right? Since the average is 2 or so days past implant to get a +?!

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#8 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Forgot to ask to be moved to "2ww" but i'll just skip that and ask:

Can you move me to June BFP's!!!!

thanks

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#9 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

hollytheteacher~ Congrats

Tara2~ You should be able to get a + by now .

rcr~ I agree 7dpo is a little too early to get a + even on a ic. for you.

#10 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post
thanks for the shiny new thread!

Fun last night. First a flat tire, then DS came down with the pukes. He's 18 months. Poor little guy.

lifegard- i think i already said congrats but if not big congratulations (again)!

Ok so somebody tell me. If implantation occurred 4 days ago, a test should show it by now, right? Since the average is 2 or so days past implant to get a +?!
Tara, just because there is a dip on the chart doesn't mean implantation happened then. It could have happened yesterday or today or 2 days ago.
It should take about 2 days for HCG to be in the urine enough to test on a very sensitive test but sometimes longer. I don't buy the implantation dip theory from FF, I just can't see the science behind it. I do know that it's normal for a woman to have a slight estrogen surge about 7 DPO which causes progesterone to sometimes drop a little bit, so the temp drops for 1 day and should go right back up. Your dip was 2 days long, starting at 5 DPO which I think is just normal temp flucations, maybe estrogen surge or something. Implantation can happen up to 12 dpo (sometimes later) and the average is 8 dpo. So hang in there, you are totally not out yet!! People get BFPs at 14, 15 DPO after getting BFNs....

(ETA, if you look at my chart, of course there is a one day dip at 8 DPO (FF has it at 9 DPO but I know I Od on cd15 not 14). LOL...I STILL don't believe in it though...

#11 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
rcr

Congrats Holly!!!!

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#12 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Congrats lifeguard and Holly!!

TXMom2, I peeked at your chart and I'd guess FF has it right. It's possibly ov wasn't until the next day but that seems less likely. Just my 2 cents!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#13 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 06:32 PM

Thanks, socal for the shiny new thread.
I posted on the very end of May, x-post...
lifeguard-

crayfish- sorry about AF.

amanda- sorry bout the bfn. so early still.

RCR- oo, hopeful. Wonder, since you're not temping, if you might be a few more days po... Like, maybe your 1st peak on the monitor caught the end of your LH? Regardless, FX for you.

Tara, I hope this is your months.

Finnegans- do you have a lovely digi to show off or did I miss it somewhere?

congrats, holly!!

AFM... um.. I just can't decided if I've O'd or not. Talked to my RE. He doesn't have time to review my chart (ugh) he said sometimes opks are false +s w/ clomid, but that the fact I had - ones first is encouraging that they were real. He also said O'ing 3days post-Clomid would be weird, but not impossible. So. Clear as mud.
Every morning I wake up, hoping my temps will clear things up and every morning, I get more confused.

I don't like the fact that my temps are trending down (below cover today) at. all. I have a FF VIP and I submitted my chart to be reviewed, and the FF woman says I probably O'd (she also was really snarky about taking my temp @ the same time and getting 3 hours of sleep and making enviro conditions stable and blahblah... gee, thanks, could you tell my co-sleeping baby that? ), but only if my temp doesn't go down tomorrow. So, in a grand gesture of hope, move me to tww, but I'm not going to start progest until tomorrow, assuming my temp goes up. Does that seem crazy? Should I just trust FF and socal?

any opinions on my theoretic O date would be lovely. chart.
Thanks ladies.

ETA- txmom, I think FF is right about your O date, but maybe there's a possibility you on on CD28 instead?

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#14 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM

Congratulations Holly!

Congrats, lifeguard!

SoCaliMommy - I'm so sorry. I was convinced it was finally your turn.

I was hoping I'd be announcing impending ovulation, too, but it didn't happen. My OPKs got *so* close to positive but never actually turned positive before fading. That was a few days ago and my temps are still low, so I obviously didn't miss the positive, either. I'm trying not to be really disappointed, but I am. I even had sore nipples, and my DH was sure after looking at the darkest OPK that it would be positive soon. I'm back to infertile cervical position, CF, etc, so it's going to be a while before I get another chance. I'm always so full of optimism, aren't it?

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#15 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 07:43 PM

I think it proves fitting me having this picture by name as tonight i ate a bag of strawberry and white chocolate popcorn soz o/t
back to topic can i have my chart at the side of my name please?
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2aa9df

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#16 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

beckyand3littlemonsters~ i don't know how that happened but i got it back up by your name.

zwitterion~ on the opk's starting to get + but not turning +.

#17 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
Updated List To Here

beckyand3littlemonsters~ i don't know how that happened but i got it back up by your name.

zwitterion~ on the opk's starting to get + but not turning +.

Thankyou

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#18 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Tara, just because there is a dip on the chart doesn't mean implantation happened then. It could have happened yesterday or today or 2 days ago.
It should take about 2 days for HCG to be in the urine enough to test on a very sensitive test but sometimes longer. I don't buy the implantation dip theory from FF, I just can't see the science behind it. I do know that it's normal for a woman to have a slight estrogen surge about 7 DPO which causes progesterone to sometimes drop a little bit, so the temp drops for 1 day and should go right back up. Your dip was 2 days long, starting at 5 DPO which I think is just normal temp flucations, maybe estrogen surge or something. Implantation can happen up to 12 dpo (sometimes later) and the average is 8 dpo. So hang in there, you are totally not out yet!! People get BFPs at 14, 15 DPO after getting BFNs....

(ETA, if you look at my chart, of course there is a one day dip at 8 DPO (FF has it at 9 DPO but I know I Od on cd15 not 14). LOL...I STILL don't believe in it though...
In a fit of AAM (what else?) I wanted to respond by first saying thanks for the stern talking to, lol. I probably need that. Second, I actually wasn't calculating based on the dip but by when my third layer (triphasic temps) started. In the tcoyf book (and I believe FF says this also) the triphasic temps are believed to happen around implantation due to extra progesterone circulating after the fact... or possibly hcG. In any case, thanks for the hugs.

And how's being pg so far?

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#19 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post
In a fit of AAM (what else?) I wanted to respond by first saying thanks for the stern talking to, lol. I probably need that. Second, I actually wasn't calculating based on the dip but by when my third layer (triphasic temps) started. In the tcoyf book (and I believe FF says this also) the triphasic temps are believed to happen around implantation due to extra progesterone circulating after the fact... or possibly hcG. In any case, thanks for the hugs.

And how's being pg so far?

I don't know what AAM is. LOL.

I think temps rising and keep rising is a great sign.
Your chart looks great, and you are still on the early side, so don't panic yet.
I've had awesome charts and it SUCKS to be disappointed when you get a BFN. Or 20 BFNs. or 100 BFNs. Been there. Sometimes the ugly charts get the prize. You will get your BFP one day. Really. Maybe not this cycle, but maybe next cycle. Or the following. Or maybe tomorrow.

Hang in there.

ETA - being pg is pretty OK. It's the calm before the storm I think. Thanks for asking!

#20 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
I don't know what AAM is. LOL.

I think temps rising and keep rising is a great sign.
Your chart looks great, and you are still on the early side, so don't panic yet.
I've had awesome charts and it SUCKS to be disappointed when you get a BFN. Or 20 BFNs. or 100 BFNs. Been there. Sometimes the ugly charts get the prize. You will get your BFP one day. Really. Maybe not this cycle, but maybe next cycle. Or the following. Or maybe tomorrow.

Hang in there.

ETA - being pg is pretty OK. It's the calm before the storm I think. Thanks for asking!

I am guessing it means "all about me" hehe

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#21 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
I am guessing it means "all about me" hehe
I kept thinking AMA - against medical advice - LOL.
I'm so initial dumb on the interwebz.

#22 of 269 Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Babygrey - I have read that you can get false + opk's with clomid if you take them to close to the clomid days. The guideline I've seen is to start testing 5 days after the last clomid dose. I have my fingers crossed for you - I really hope we both O'd this cycle!

I got another +opk this aft & then a negative one this eve. So I'm feeling pretty positive, plus I had lots of really good ewcm last night (sorry for tmi). I'm very curious to see how my temps work out over the next couple of days. I temped for many, many months before ds & never once saw a cycle where I O'd (I didn't temp the cycle we conceived 'cause we were doing lots of u/s monitoring) so it would be neat to see how an actual ovulatory cycle looks (assuming of course I'm about to O like I think I am).

Oh my - I hope the sore nips don't last much longer though. I dread everytime ds wants to nurse right now.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#23 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 AM

lifeguard~sounds promising!! Hope u got in some good bd

Socal~I think ur right......just hope its not another false +. Thanks for the input!

Holly~Congrats!!!!!!!!

rcr~I think a positive this early is very rare, unless ur O day is wrong.....keep ur hopes up

Tara~I've read somewhere that it can take up to 2 days for hcg to reach blood, and up to 4 days for urine, and that's AFTER implantation. Which of course can be up to 14 days, though typically 7-10. Ur not out yet..............

zwitterion~Sorry you haven't seen ur +++opk yet. Bfing can be a booger on opks. That just soundes so cheesy lol. Hope u see it soon!

I have no clue what's going on with me. I've completely stopped temping and testing since its just confusing me more and more . I think I may just be having an annov cycle, which would be a first. I've Od every cycle since ppaf. Oh well!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#24 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 AM

Well I haven't tested again yet, going to try to hold out a little longer...
Still having some symptoms though! Congrats on the positives!!!!!
To those that are still 2ww hang in there! It will be our turn soon!

Wife to a wonderful man,cd.gif ,lactivist.gif,femalesling.GIF,familybed2.gif,hbac.gif,belly.gif, planning a uc.jpg in November!

#25 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 AM

Congrats lifeguard and Holly!!

I'm sorry af showed Socalimommy..

Fingerscrossed for those in the 2ww

AFM..I think my post was missed, but af showed so I am waiting to O..cd 6 here..so nothing exciting to report.

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#26 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post
RCR- oo, hopeful. Wonder, since you're not temping, if you might be a few more days po... Like, maybe your 1st peak on the monitor caught the end of your LH? Regardless, FX for you.
I really need to start temping again... I am not constantly being woken up by my mom, and DS is waiting until 4 am to nurse (a huge improvement), so I really have no excuse not to do it. I was just sick of it - I am approaching year 1 of TTC. If this is not my month, I am going to definitely do it next month.

I am slightly feeling AF come on though... not sure.

Sorry about AF Socal and kikaaaso. :jug

I just noticed that my sig says trying to ttc... double trying, I guess

#27 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 PM

AF is here. I guess I o'd and had a 6 day lp. I'm hurting that I didn't start the progest. I had a 17 day cycle, mamas.

Eta just found out my re is oot for two wks and I can't get another prescription w/o being seen (I had an appt for when he came back, figuring that'd be around when my AF was due). Guess I'm out next cycle too. Ouch.

ETAA: back to waiting to O. sigh. I always start AF the day after I ask to be moved to tww. Maybe next time I won't asked to be moved. :P

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#28 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Oh Babygrey - I'm sorry af showed up. Hopefully it will be a "normal" one for you. Maybe the clomid reset your system?!

This morning ds woke up screaming so as I lay there with the stupid thermometer in my mouth dh was prodding me "are you going or what?" Wow - 30sec feels like a long time when the baby is crying - lol. No increase in temp today so it's bd time again tonight. I'm so scared to get my hopes up about this cycle.

#29 of 269 Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post
Oh Babygrey - I'm sorry af showed up. Hopefully it will be a "normal" one for you. Maybe the clomid reset your system?!

This morning ds woke up screaming so as I lay there with the stupid thermometer in my mouth dh was prodding me "are you going or what?" Wow - 30sec feels like a long time when the baby is crying - lol. No increase in temp today so it's bd time again tonight. I'm so scared to get my hopes up about this cycle.

I know that feeling. There's nothing worse than laying there with that *@%#$ thermometer in your mouth while your baby is crying and hubby asks dumb questions that you can't answer Especially when you've been temp'ng for however long and he should know dang well what you're doing haha
Good luck!!

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#30 of 269 Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 AM

This evening when dh came home from work he says to me he's not sure why he didn't go get ds. He didn't even remember prodding me just hearing him cry. Ugh. So weird to hear a baby cry & not feel automatically you should go tend to him.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page