fertile days this week but feeling a little yeasty-what do I do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have a full blown yeast infection per se- but I do feel a little yeasty-slight itchy-nothing major-no discharge etc. I started taking MORE probiotics and raw apple cider vinegar and have been eating yogurt with live cultures. It's Weds now. I have today, tomorrow and Fri and then I am fertile on Sat, Sun, M and Tues. I am assuming a monistat treatment will throw off the entire PH and Like I said, I don't have a full fledged infection. Any other advice? I really don't want this cycle to be wasted!
#2 of 8 Old 06-09-2010, 03:19 PM

I have always heard to dip a tampon in plain yogurt and insert it. I'm not really sure if/how it would affech your pH, but it may be worth looking up. Hope that helps!

Earth-loving, birth-loving, body-working, simple-livin' mama to two sweet girls and fiance to a hard-working man treehugger.gif namaste.gifbellyhair.gif

#3 of 8 Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM

firstly, dont panic. i know it's hard to believe, but a yeast infection will not affect your chances of conceiving in any way. i would try to stay away from things like monostat though, if possible. i have done the yogurt tampon many times, it works well. make sure you use a plain yogurt with active cultures. someone else here uses a garlic clove in the vag, and says it works immediately. i havent tried that, but you might want to. yeast is common around your fertile window, between the bd''ing and the sweetness of fertile mucous, yeasties love it. try to stay dry and air out as much as possible, too. white cotton granny panties.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#4 of 8 Old 06-09-2010, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

THANK YOU! This was my first post on this forum-I'm 35 and have been trying for baby #2 since the fall. It seems that something always comes up with the fertile times and I was panicking...so thanks so much-going to get some tampons and plain active culture yogurt and of course...staying calm!
#5 of 8 Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
im glad someone asked this!

i had the same issue around o, and i am realy hoping it didnt affect anything with BD!

i just did a lot fo yogurt, no panties when i could and vinegar in everything.

good luck, bot with the o timing and the issue at hand.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#6 of 8 Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Be sure to not wash down there with soap, use the apple cider vinegar diluted in some water to wash down there to keep your ph normal.

Herbalist, CD Mother of 2 boys, age 11 and 9
#7 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 02:43 PM

I wouldn't recommend this during ovulation but before or after you can put tea tree essential oil and jojoba on the tampon and leave it in overnight repeating as needed.
#8 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 09:04 PM

I've kept a few yeast infections from taking hold by pouring a generous amount of vinegar in a shallow bath and sitting in it. I don't know for sure how the acidity factor would work out for sperm but IME this can be external only and has still worked so it seems not very risky. Also you still have a few days. When I have done this I have only needed to do it once.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page