Mothering Forum banner

is it possible to have af/spotting preceded by high temps?

459 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  contactmaya 
#1 ·
I have spotting this cycle, but always accompanied by high temps. Previously, low temps always told me af was on its way, but this time, it feels like af, cramping, spotting, but then no more spotting, and continued high temps. The low temps in previous cycles were there despite taking progesterone (200mg/day) this cycle, i have only taken 90mg /day.... that would explain spotting, but not high temps....

#2 ·
In 20 cycles that I have been charting I've had it all high temps before Af, low temps before AF, that's not say you are not pregnant just to say that it is possible to have high temps and not be pregnant.

#4 ·
Not keeping up my hopes...each time i get what i think is af, i think, ok this cycles a bust....then it stops.
Anyway, sounds like progesterone can keep up your temps and still not be enough to stop af. Doesnt really make sense to me. Anyone know the reason?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.