Heavier Than Normal AF Following a Lighter Than Normal Late AF Any Significance? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last month I had a 4 day late af that was lighter than typical. This month I have af with a vengence. I've had it heavier and more painful than I can remember having in the last 8 years (8-9 years ago I had it really bad nearly fainted and was sent home early from work because they knew something was off)

Typically af comes without much fanfare. Some mild pains before, perhaps some mild cramps day one. This month it's been heavy (compared to my usual 4 day period with a day and a half of that spotting) and much more painful. Is it just because I had a lighter af last month and there's more to expel? Is it a sign of hormones changing? If so is this good or bad?

What have you all found this to mean, if anything? I'm on day three and it's letting up a bit and I'm still having moments of pain and dizziness and nausea today. It's kinda a medium light flow instead of barely there spotting like I usually have on day 3, so it's not scary heavy, just more than I'm used to both in flow and pain. It probably means nothing at all, but of course now that we are TTC everything suddenly means something, LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM

I find it is heavier after an ovulatory cycle and lighter after an anovulatory cycle.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#3 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm. So maybe these last couple months I didn't ovulate? Possible I guess I had tons of stress. Though it's typically light all the time and I did have a son nearly 8 years ago.

I'm hoping it means good things for this month.

#4 of 7 Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummibears View Post
Hmm. So maybe these last couple months I didn't ovulate? Possible I guess I had tons of stress. Though it's typically light all the time and I did have a son nearly 8 years ago.

I'm hoping it means good things for this month.
It may not mean that for you. Just sharing what my charts do.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#5 of 7 Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, since everyone is different it's hard to tell. FF has charted that I ovulated based on temps, but I never had EWCM, and my temps never rose to 98 degrees, so it makes me wonder. I figure it takes a cycle or two to regulate after extreme stress, and that would be right about now.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.
#6 of 7 Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 AM

Honestly my experience with six years of ttc is that it really doesn't mean much. It can mean a difference between ovulatory and anovulatory, but I ovulated nearly all cycles (like only one every other year that I didn't) and sometimes flows were just lighter or heavier.

But, the thing is, when you are ttc and trying to analyze these things, the important thing is what is the pattern for YOU. For example, you mentioned your temps never rose above 98*. Mine rarely did as well...pre O temps were usually 96.something, post O were usually 97.something. I also rarely had EWCM, but I would have really watery CM when I Od.
#7 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Your body seems about like mine. I get really watery or sticky/snotty/wet cm around O time. I'm around O time now and I noticed it was clear and kinda thin and stretchy today, but my cervix is LOW still. Normally it's risen by now. Something's odd this time around. Maybe my cycle has extended.

Either way I'm sure it doesn't mean all that much, but it does make me wonder as all of this is not like the other months we've been ttc. A friend is certain month 5 is our magic month based on my husband's dream a couple months ago. That's next month, so who knows.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page