High temps in follicular phase? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm on CD5, still bleeding today. I was out of town for the first few days of my cycle, so didn't temp. Yesterday, when I temped, it was 97.95, which is abnormally high for me in the follicular phase, so I thought I must have been fighting something and had a transient fever or something. Then, today, it was still up and now at 98.23. Right before this current period, my temp went down to 97.77 the day before I started bleeding. So why in the world would it go back up? What is going on? I don't feel as though i'm sick. I've never had such high temps in the follicular phase. In fact, in my last few cycles, even my luteal phase only has a handful of temps up that high. I'd appreciate any thoughts!

Also, this has been a true period, with heavy enough bleeding that it's not possible i'm pregnant.

Thanks, ladies!

see my chart here:

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#2 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM

My first thought really is that you could be pg despite the bleeding. Even full AF bleeding. That not-extremely-uncommon scenario is one of the things temping reveals--if my temps stayed above a reasonable coverline into the next cycle I would definitely test just in case. (And I haven't taken a test for the past five cycles while actively TTC so I don't suggest testing lightly) I know someone here recently found out she was a full month more pregnant than she'd thought and I think she'd had normal AF.

I guess it could be something else, like something different in your sleep/waking, an asymptomatic mild infection or ??? You really only have one temp that is very surprising (I don't think the first one is quite so much) and supposedly one temp alone shouldn't be relied on to mean much, it can always be a fluke. This whole next cycle may be a fluke and your temps go even higher after you O. Is that even possible? I'm really curious what you'll get tomorrow. I would be pretty excited if I was anywhere near 98 after AF.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#3 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 PM

even though its not usual for you, i would not worry too much about what your temp is doing if you are still bleeding. af temps can be high. or has the ambient temp changed where you are sleeping? is it warmer maybe? in any case, i'd bet it will settle down to your normal after af most likely.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#4 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM

My temps seemed high this AF as well. They actually went up the first day of AF rather than down.(I figured it was a fluke)

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#5 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, guys, for responding to this. Your thoughts were helpful. I still don't know what in the world is going on and I can't stand this feeling that I might be broken. I just want a normal cycle. I know that might sound overly dramatic, but I just feel like mentally, I need to know that my body is returning to normal post-partum.

My temp is still up again today. And thank you, littlestbirds (Jolie Holland? that is one of my favorite songs!)... I did take a pregnancy test. Fortunately, it was negative because boy would that have sent me into a crazy mix of chaotic emotions if it had come up positive.

I don't know what to think. I feel completely fine. No reason to think i've got a fever. And if i did, would it last for days? I'd love to hear from anyone this has happened to, but I'm guessing that the lack of responses means it hasn't.

Enigo, were your temps luteal-phase-high?

thank you!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#6 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 09:58 PM

I had a really weird, high temps follicular phase this cycle, too - here's my chart (you may have shift it to cycle 3)... I don't know what caused it, very weird for me - I was a little sick at times, there was a weather change with warmer temps, so I blocked out 2 super high temps that I think were about inappropriately warm PJs Anyway, I still feel like my chart is readable, though I'm mostly ignoring the temps in identifying O, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just keep temping and see what you end up with!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#7 of 7 Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 PM

Scarletjane, we played that CD for our youngest ALL THE TIME when she was a babe and dh would sing it to her. Obviously we love it too--I was so tickled the name wasn't already used. Thanks for noticing

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page