Avoiding hot tub? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read about how hot tubs may reduce the sperm count for men due to overheating, and how it may take months for the sperm production to get back to normal once you stop using a hot tub... I had read about this a long time ago too, but had totally forgotten about it.

Now I'm worried as we are TTC#2 and we take our DD swimming every week. At the end of the swim class my DP and DD usually spend a good 20 mins in a seperate whirlpool next to the pool to warm up a bit. It's not as hot as a regular hot tub, but it is above 90 degrees...

Could this affect our efforts in TTC? Does anyone have any further info/links on this topic? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
90 degrees is really not that warm. My understanding is that warnings are to do with HOT tubs. Probably not a bad idea to avoid it while ttc or at least reduce the length of time.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 06-28-2010, 11:57 AM

anything above 102 is the limit for both genders if you were wanting to avoid it.

90-100 degrees for 20 minutes is probably more beneficial than anything, since it allows him to not get all stiff after swimming and thus not want to BD!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

I asked my DP about the temp today, and he told me it's about 100 degrees, not the 90+ that I thought... We'll check it tonight at the swim class, and he's ok staying out if it's too hot.

User Tag List