40+ TTC Summer of Love Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 229 Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cd 27 here....
so today or tomorrow the good ol diva cup will continue to earn her keep.

this should be my 3rd full ppaf....last cycle was 28 days...my usual is 27.

I have been working out- 30 day shred...It is gonna take way more than 30 days to shed this...lol

dd will be 1 in a month...I will be 41 in 2

bookwormy

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#62 of 229 Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Just wanted to check in and say Hi! to everyone...Nothing to report, except that I had a full intuitive reading with Jamie and she saw me getting pregnant this year! (She had originally said next summer for pregnancy, but she said things had shifted and were speeding up! )

Here's hoping!

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#63 of 229 Old 07-29-2010, 12:46 PM

AF is here

disappointed but not devistated.

my cycles are bang on! After ds it took 7 or 8 cylcles to get back to normal.

dd is not a booby monster like her big brother was, maybe that is why...and she sttn

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#64 of 229 Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 PM

Sorry to hear that saoirse2007. But regular cycles sounds really good!

I'm just 3dpo here, and trying to stay calm and centered. This is just the first month ttc, and I'm trying to prepare for the long haul, but I'm so excited and anxious, I can't even read! (And that's saying a lot for me, because I read all the time).

Or I should say, I can't seem to read anything other than websites about pregnancy tests and early pregnancy symptoms.
#65 of 229 Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM

my baby started walking today
cd1 this is going to be a good cycle!

bookwormommy: sooo funny when I ttc the first time I was crazy on the sights checking out those things- did it again while ttc dd- here we go again LOL

#66 of 229 Old 07-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Saoirse I know it's hard not to be disappointed but a good cycle is a great sign.

I met with my acupuncturist for a nice long 2 hour session today. I remain conflicted between what to do next. Should I keep trying naturally or should I move on to intervention. I will be 45 in January so my chance of trying interventions will be limited soon. She said she supports me through whatever I choose. I am not sure if she still thinks I have a chance at getting pregnant. We had a long talk about nutrition and we both decided I should try giving up dairy. I had decided this over the weekend but had not managed to follow through at all this week. Actually, failed quite miserably every day. While I don't think dairy will be "the answer" I am willing to give it a good 3-4 month try. I see the wisdom in trying it just hope I can do a better job than I have done so far this week.

So frustrating and kind of ridiculous trying to control something so out of my control. I just wish I had realized in my 30's where the path I was taking was leading me.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#67 of 229 Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 PM

Hi. I have been MIA the last few weeks but owe a long overdue THANKS for the support and encouragement when I was looking for it on page 2. My dr. did not do blood work or an ultrasound until the 8 week appointment and up until that day my mantra of "whatever will be will be" was working well until I walked thru the doors and had to explain to the nurse I was going into a full blown anxiety attack since the last two times in this situation ended in mc. Well I held my breath and there was a little dude or dudette measuring 9 weeks and 1 day and a heartbeat of 152. SO hopefully this is the beginning of a successful nine months. Due date would be one week before my 44th birthday. I asked the doctor the oldest patient he has had and he said 47 with a natural conception......

I am sending positive vibes to you all......and thanks again!
#68 of 229 Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 PM

mentalgiant - that is so awesome. I was holding my breath too just reading your post. What a great birthday present that will be!
#69 of 229 Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentalgiant, that is so wonderful! That is a big milestone. I can totally understand how it would come to an the anxiety attack. I had a hard time this last time and that is when it had only be one bad experience. Stories like yours are so good to hear--just simply that an u/s can go as one would wish. Lots of good wishes to you!!

Saoirse, good to see you here. Wonderful about your baby walking. And cycles news sounds good too , sorry no BFP this time.

Kristin, may you find clarity soon. It sounds to me like you are working your way there. Maybe it would be helpful to ask your acupunturist what she thinks are the chances of you getting pg. You don't have to agree with her, but it might be informative.

for you bookwormommy!

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#70 of 229 Old 07-31-2010, 04:26 PM

Waturmama I know it would be helpful to ask. She has always told me she thought it was just a matter of time. But the other day I kind of got the feeling she felt it might not. She says age is just a number and should not be a factor, my cycles are great, regular etc... But when discussing possible IVF she said something like it may be important to try if at the end of this you would feel like you had tried everything possible. "The words the end of this" kind of hit me like a ton of bricks.

Right now I am working hard at being as healthy as possible working on diet issues and getting my body as prepared as possible. So if there is a chance at natural pregnancy I have done it and if I decide to do IVF then I'll be physically ready for that.

Has anyone on here gone on a Randine Lewis retreat? I am wondering about people's thoughts on the experience.

Hope everyone is having a fruitful weekend.

#71 of 229 Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 PM

It's lovely to sign back on and see all the kind hello's, etc.

I'm feeling very encouraged about my fertility right now. This cycle showed me clearly ovulating (early, but totally there) and everything is solid. I also saw a naturopath who had nothing but positive things to say about someone my age getting pregnant.

All this being said, I've been sick for weeks - currently laying low w pneumonia. Absolutely sucky in July. My sweetie has been wonderful, taking good care of me.

I will come back sooner next time and thanks again for saying hi!

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

#72 of 229 Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 PM

music.mama.pdx: sorry to hear you have pneumonia. It is really a bummer to be sick when the weather is nice.

I'm only 6dpo now. How early does everyone usually test?
#73 of 229 Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

I like to test at 11 dpo. That way if it is a chemical pregnancy I know. I used to wait until at least 16 dpo, but I was suspecting I was having chemical pregnancies because I was having so many symptoms. It was nice to confirm that I was reading my body correctly.

I use pretty sensitive tests.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#74 of 229 Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 PM

Hey ladies

Hope everyone is well.

xxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#75 of 229 Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormommy View Post
music.mama.pdx: sorry to hear you have pneumonia. It is really a bummer to be sick when the weather is nice.

I'm only 6dpo now. How early does everyone usually test?
when af is due unless I have a bunch of ic's

#76 of 229 Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM

I think I should know this, but what are ic's? I've seen it before on mothering. I've come up with intensive care, internal combustion, and Iowa City.....

if there were a test for intestinal combustion, i'd have a BFP on that today

How can you be patient enough to wait? Or are you not wanting to test too early and be unsure if it's negative because it's just too early?
#77 of 229 Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello everyone!

I hope all of you are enjoying your summers! I have so much to catch up on! It's been a very busy time with out-of-town friends and family staying with us, and now we are off on a family camping trip tomorrow. I look forward to reading through the last few pages as soon as I return.

My update... we have decided to try injectable gonadotropins with IUI next cycle. Although I'm pleased with what's happening naturally (my cycle and hormones are balanced, we've conceived 3 out of 5 tries, and 3 times without trying, for a total of 6 chemical pregnancies in the past couple of years), I think we both need to feel that this particular stone doesn't remain unturned.

It's very important to DH to try everything possible to have a biological child of his own (I have my dd from a previous marriage), and our RE has told us we currently have a 5% chance each month of creating a healthy pregnancy that will stick. So while he too believes it's a numbers game and eventually we will succeed, it could take a while. And I gather that the prevailing western-medical wisdom believes that during that time, our chances would grow slimmer still, and I would eventually become ineligible for IVF (I'm turning 42 soon). We're told the Menopur will help me grow 3-4 eggs, thereby increasing our chances in a numbers-game way, and we're throwing in the IUI because DH had some borderline counts and our RE felt it would just give us a boost.

I really believe that we can have a child without medical intervention, with the support of healthy living and TCM, but I'm also okay with seeing if we can speed up the process. We're considering this a trial run, without fully committing to the ART path. If we do succeed in this way, we can always go back to a more natural approach for another babe. The women in my family don't reach menopause until 60, and my grandmother had her last (natural, of course) pregnancy at 47 (a m/c, but still...). So I'm hopeful.

Enjoy your weekends, everyone!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#78 of 229 Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormommy View Post
I think I should know this, but what are ic's? I've seen it before on mothering. I've come up with intensive care, internal combustion, and Iowa City.....

if there were a test for intestinal combustion, i'd have a BFP on that today

How can you be patient enough to wait? Or are you not wanting to test too early and be unsure if it's negative because it's just too early?

thanks for the smile this morning...I needed that.

I used to start testing at 7dpo....I got bfp at 9dpo with dd....most of the cycles I tested early on I was not pg...lol
with ds (my first) I tested the am af was due because temp was still high...which was not normal for me

IC's are "internet cheapies" you can get them for about a dollar each

earlypregnancytests.com....etc

#79 of 229 Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! Good to see you Bhappy and Litmama.

Litmama, that sounds like a very sound plan indeed. I'm sure your good level of fertility will up your odds of it working. I have found that when I feel that I don't want to leave a stone unturned no matter what happens it is helpful. I feel very hopeful for you with it though.

music.mama.pdx I hope you are feeling better. That is wonderful that your sweetie is taking good care of you.

I had a unpleasant combo of allergies and being sick but am getting better. I o'd during that time and on a few better days had some BD w/dh (cleared my nose right up! ), so this cycle is certainly not out. In fact today I feel distractingly nauseated and have a strong case of the senso boobs so I am feeling hopeful. Usually I am so on top of my cycle, but I don't trust a lot of the temps because I was sick. Mostly likely scenario was that this would be 14 dpo, but it could be 7 dpo. I don't know when I'll test. I guess I'll see if these symptoms continue, but I am sure glad to have them.

#80 of 229 Old 08-09-2010, 09:02 AM

bookwormmommy I usually just wait for AF to arrive. But have been known to test at 11-13 dpo if I seem to have a number of symptoms.

music.mama.pdx I hope you are feeling better.

Litmama it sounds like you are in a great place. Western medicine stops treating us at age 45 no matter how healthy we may be. I think they see it as such a slim chance that it's not worth doing. Stinks because after 45 we need help most. That's were I am my 45 birthday is in January so I have to decide now if I am going to pursue ART.

Waturmama sorry you were sick. Hopefully, your strong symptoms are a sign of good things.

As for me I have surprisingly no symptoms at 11 DPO I generally have sore breasts right after ovulation because I use vitex and progesterone but this month nothing. But I do have strong temperatures so perhaps I am just getting healthier. At least I hope so. My chart looks beautiful this month.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1dfb40

Hope everyone has a great day.

#81 of 229 Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM

This will be long I am sure But I need advice
History I cycle roughly every 26 days sometimes as early as 23 and sometimes as late as 30 But normally around day 25 or 26 Here is my normal bleeding pattern, Day 1 normal flow day 2 HEAVY day 3 nothing day 4 brownish spotting to light flo.

OK so this cycle started on July 31st (26 days since lmp) Day one med somewhat normal flow day 2 not at all heavy day 3 light flo day 4 very little brown spotting
Day 5 nothing maybe a tiny tinge of spotting on the tp
DAY 6 spotting needed a light liner
Day 7 " "
Day 8 Definitely heavier spotting going through about 3-4 light liners daily Looking more brownish.
Day 9 (Sunday) No spotting at all
Today Day 10 Light bleeding/spotting and pinkish red. WTH?

Oh and this whole time my boobs are really sore when I take my bra off at the end of the day. They were only sore about a day before AF and normally it is a few days before and then gone right as AF starts.
Let me say I am 47 not trying not avoiding. I took a Clear blue easy this morning NOT PREGNANT
I have been very emotional lately too and have had stomach pains like trapped gas or under the rib pains.
Is this just menopause beginning? What are your ideas. I have some progesterone cream and starting using a little bit of that inside my elbows to see if that helps to balance things. I am just at a loss I never spot after my period. I normally do not spot between cycles.

Thanks for reading this ladies You are some of the most helpful, caring, knowledgeable women I know in my age group.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#82 of 229 Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM

Laurie I am by no means an expert but I have noticed int he past 2 years weirdo cycle behavior. Like last cycle I had 2-3 days of spotting before my period and 3-4 days of spotting after. I think that as we go through life our cycles change and it could be nothing or it could be perimenopause showing her ugly head. As far as the progesterone cream only use it after you ovulate until you are sure you have your period. using progesterone in the beginning of your cycle might make things more out of whack as it might suppress your ovulation. That's all I can think of right off the top of my head. I'll be back if anything else occurs to me.

Nice to see you again. Oh and the progesterone cream will only make your breasts hurt more if that is how your body responds to progesterone.

#83 of 229 Old 08-10-2010, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Kristin, agreed--that is a lovely chart.

Massaginmommy, . I was sure feeling hopeful about pg reading your symptoms, and sorry to get to the BFN part. I don't know much about menopause. I have been keeping my head firmly in the sand about that while I TTC. Your question helped me see that. Probably good to be aware. I hope more help comes along soon. I'd test again in a few days if you keep having pg symptoms. Now I'm curious if menopause does look like pg. I hope not. (Too confusing.)

#84 of 229 Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 AM

Oh and Laurie hate to say it but the over emotional thing can be a menopause symptom or it can be a whacko cycle symptom. IF you don't already see a TCM provider I would go in and have them look at you, your symptoms etc... they can get you balanced out so you are not feeling so emotional and get your cycle back on track. But one weird cycle isn't something to worry about but it is if it becomes a pattern.

I really wish I had more information for you. I hope you find some clarity soon.

Thanks waturmama it is the best chart I have had forever but alas still no symptoms at all and a neg $T test this AM. I expect AF sometime this week. Not sure when as this cycle seems so much healthier than normal. I usually start spotting CD11 and flow starts somewhere between CD13-16.

#85 of 229 Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM

Another false alarm but keeping in good spirits!

Hope everyone is well!
#86 of 229 Old 08-10-2010, 04:10 PM

btw bookwormommy

the reason I don't usually test until af is due is after soooo many months you get tired of it not being positive

#87 of 229 Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
btw bookwormommy

the reason I don't usually test until af is due is after soooo many months you get tired of it not being positive
Exactly. For me it's really better to wait. For some reason getting a negative pregnancy test is worse than my period starting.

#88 of 229 Old 08-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Well, I'm out for this month, although we were extremely hopeful there for about a week. I'm encouraged that something seemed to be happening, even though it didn't stick.

I totally get the disappoinment factor with testing too early (and too often). Maybe next month I'll wait to test.....
#89 of 229 Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 PM

bookwormommy sounds like it could be a sign of possibly improving fertility?

I am at 14 dpo I generally have spotting with temp drop around 11 dpo and AF at 12-13 dpo. My temp was still up this am although I couldn't sleep so temped at 2:30 am went back to sleep at 5:30 and temped again at 9:30 both temps the same. No sign of AF though a few faint twinges like maybe about to cramp. I am bloated and gassy feeling but no other symptoms. Never thought I would hope my breasts hurt However, I tested this am and it was a BFN so if AF does not start tonight I'll test again tomorrow or Saturday. This cycle temps really looked nice. I think I am on the right track or I am hopelessly optimistic.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1dfb40

#90 of 229 Old 08-13-2010, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

I also prefer AF to the BFN and used to be dedicated to not testing to 16dpo, but I had a few cycles that showed lots of pg symptoms and ended in AF. I wanted a reality check so next time it happened I tested on 11dpo and got a BFP, which then faded over the next couple days and would have been a BFN on 16 dpo. It was very nice to confirm that I was reading my body accurately. Speaking of which...

As I mentioned in an earlier post those symptoms started strong last weekend. I wasn't able to get good temps this cycle because I was sick. But I looked back in my charts and was amazed that in the last 3 cycles in which I have either been pg (the June m/c) or had a chemical pg, the symptoms started strong at 6dpo. So I'm dating my cycle that way. That makes tomorrow 11dpo. Hoping and praying for a BFP that stays that way for a long time, and that this one is my sticky bean.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page