shy (40.5) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25ec6f
THANKFULFORFIVE (42)
Waturmama (43)

GETTING READY

carfreemama (42)
Folaboye
halifax40(42) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/20a8a0
homebirthy/Amy (42)

It's a new thread for summer! May 2010 be a summer of love--may it bring us closer to the babies calling our hearts, may we enjoy the love of the families we have, may we benefit from the loving support in this thread.

I removed some names of people I didn't think had been around for a while (this was done totally unscientifically). If I inadvertently removed your name, let me know and may that extra moment of putting your intention out there help bring your babe soonsoonsooner.

Good wishes everyone, the current TTC and the folks who come back and visit. I am grateful for you all.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#2 of 229 Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
#3 of 229 Old 07-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Hi Mamas,

Just touching base, I am 32 weeks tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. The hyperemesis and a few other complications have continued, but I am under the care of a good TCM and midwife, and baby seems well. Planning a second homebirth.

Just wanted to check in and send and sticky vibes to you all.

Pitchfork
P.S. Thanks for keeping me in the list, I am actually 41.

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#4 of 229 Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for checking in pitchfork! Wow 32 weeks!! I'm glad you have care you like and planning a 2nd homebirth sounds wonderful. Lots of good wishes to you

(And I updated your age.)

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#5 of 229 Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 AM

Pitchfork, I had a UC when I was 42. Best of luck to you.
#6 of 229 Old 07-03-2010, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
WaturMama, thank you for this new thread. I love the title and the blessings that go with it.

Pitchfork, you are sooo close! Thanks for sharing the good vibes with us. Sending many back your way for a joyous birth!

The fertility goddess did not smile upon me this cycle . I'm CD1 today, and now beginning our 5th cycle of ttc. I do believe we conceived and what I felt (twinges, cramps, "lead pelvis") was probably an epic struggle for an implantation that never happened. I don't think it even reached the chemical stage, as I never had a BFP. I was down about it for a bit, but I recognize some positives: I had a really robust O this month, and strong estrogen and progesterone per my chart and sensations (wonder if there was any connection to the soy I was taking). I also really re-focused my intention around this and threw my heart into in more deeply. A friend and her 6yo little boy stayed with us, and DH and I just fell in love with him. Watching him playing in our livingroom and sleeping in DD's room helped me envision our future with a larger family, however that comes to us.

Our next steps are another meeting with our RE (now that DH's labs are done) and possibly some custom herbal formulas from my TCM provider.

Wishing you all a beautiful holiday weekend with your lovely families!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#7 of 229 Old 07-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi everyone, just wanted to check in. Im on 7dpo.....:-)
#8 of 229 Old 07-03-2010, 02:20 PM

Afternoon everyone. Thank you for the new thread Waturmama. Last week I was in a funk and even was tearful not once but twice during my acu's visit. However, I reread the Infertility Cure and I have renewed sense of hope. I wonder if I am just foolishly optimistic but at least I feel good about it. I plan to reread this every few months for a reminder of how important TCM is to my overall health and fertility.

I am going to try to get into see the acu. at least 2 x's a month and have been trying to do some acupressure daily. I find it hard to do all the acu points as I can't seem to sit still that long to find them all. I'd like to find a laser pen to use instead. I am also adding Fresh Royal Jelly/Bee Pollen to my daily regimen. I found a link on another site where many women found success using this one particular formulation. I don't believe in miracle cures but I figure it can't hurt me. I have been taking royal jelly capsules, perhaps the fresh will be more effective. It does give me a lot of energy and I find I need to take it earlier in the evening as taking it right before bed was keeping me awake.

I am going to ask my TCM provider to help me figure out a better nutrition plan for myself. I never lost all my babay weight from my daughter who is about to turn 5 I also want to follow the Infertility Cure's diet suggestions but as I have a few symptoms in several different Chinese medicine diagnosis I am not sure the best foods for my needs. It too can only help. I have put renewed effort into working out. I dropped the ball last year after my m/c but I am back to swimming laps an hour a day and feel SO much better. I hope to add some other exercise soon but can only leave dd at the gym daycare for 90 minutes so don't have time to lift weights.

So that's this weeks update. I hope everyone is doing well and that this summer is a productive one for all of us.

Pitchfork so glad to read your update. Enjoy the next 6 weeks and may you have a glorious homebirth.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#9 of 229 Old 07-04-2010, 11:57 AM

Having a weirdo cycle and not sure what to think. for those interested here is my chart link http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1dfb40 On cycle day 14 I had a temperature of 96.93 but I discarded it because I woke up really cold, no sheet, fan blowing etc... and the following day my temp crept back up but I did not have my typical day after ovulation warm feeling to my face. It's a telltale sign that I get every month day after ovulation. Last night I had ovulation pain and a little spotting after spending some time with dh if you get my point. It felt like I may have had a cyst rupture. Today my temp spiked where it normally does after ovulation and my face felt hot etc.... So I am pretty sure I ovulated last night. However, if I keep my day 14 temperature FF thinks I ovulated that day. Any thoughts? The EWCM yesterday was not nearly as nice as day 14 and I hesitated to call it that but couldn't come up with a more appropriate description. So don't let that fool you, also if I had a functional cyct that might explain some additional estrogen producing CM. I cancelled an order for some O predicting strips recently I guess I need to actually order them. I need more clarity.

#10 of 229 Old 07-04-2010, 08:41 PM

i like the summer thread, waturmama ! thank you kristin, it is so nice to see you. i have not been on here much over the last few months, either. now, i'm trying to check in a little more. i just really like this thread and all of you women who are here.

hope everyone's having a great fourth of july

afm.....

ff gave me crosshairs on cd12 so on cd15 dh and i bd unprotected. then on cd16 or 17, ff changed my ovulation date to cd14 i guess i never thought about it changing, since that has not happened to me before. if you want to see my chart, it is linked on the first page (oh, we are on the first page, lol)

i also have been wondering this cycle about how a detox/cleanse might affect my hormones and my cycle in general. i have been on a sugar detox for three weeks. i removed all wheat, dairy, most grains and fruit. no sweeteners, candy, chocolate, caffeine.... this is a big shift for me, and it is going well. do any of you have experience with cleanses and how they affect your cycle ?

xxoo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#11 of 229 Old 07-04-2010, 08:42 PM

Hi everyone,

happy 4th July!!

So sorry I havent read the posts yet, but wanted to post this quickly in case anyone had any answers. I look forward to reading posts later (internet issues here)

Just a quick question, has anyone here had any experience with using soy isoflavones, to ensure/improve ovulation-produce more or better eggs. Im especially interested if you used this when you were already ovulating, and had regular cycles, but were trying more for age related issues. Also with femara or clomid.
Thanks Maya
(im following this with a more detailed post about my situation)
#12 of 229 Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Im 8dpo on my 4th cycle ttc. Im beginning to think im not conceiving because of eggs past their expiry date. The first few cycles, there were issues of timing. This cycle, the timing was perfect, so if it’s a bfn, im pretty sure its my eggs.

Spotted today. Im taking a very very low dose of progesterone. (still nursing, short luteal phase most likely because of that, but could be old eggs too, but then, would I even be ovulating at all?) Put it this way, in my first two cycles, I was taking 200mg a day, 3rd cycle, I was taking 39mg in the am, and 52mg in the pm. I had spotting the whole cycle.

This cycle, I started with 40mg in the am, but got intense tiredness, so I cut it down to 13mg in the am, and 30mg in the pm.

Im using progonB, which comes in 13mg capsules.

Well, spotting today 8dpo, shows me that my true luteal phase is still at around 8days (unless its implantation spotting, whi h I doubt)

Im wondering if I am ovulating at all. I think its highly likely I am.

If I am. Then its just bad eggs.

I am giving myself 2 more cycles.

What I want to do is try a different donor plus do iui (rather than ici with the same donor) (iui put spmer straight in the uterus, so no wondering if sperm made it or not)

I want to stimulate ovulation in case it isnt happening, and /or get more/better eggs if it is.

I will be seeing a doc finally on my 12dpo this cycle.

I don’t really know what to ask them anymore-like, did I have an ovarian cyst this cycle, with that pain on the side? (doesn’t matter anymore)

Are my eggs ok? (no time to find out, im ttc 2more cycles anyway whether they are or not. Their tests are inconclusive anyway)

I can verify ovulation with them, so that’s a plus.

To jumpstart ovulation, its common to prescribe clomid. But frankly, its dries up cervical mucus, and I figure im better off using soy isoflavones.

So my queston is, have any of you used this with any success?

I seem to ovulate on cd13 or 14, without any trouble, have very reliable signs (except the bfp)

Ive heard though, without confirmation, that the soy can delay or prevent ovulation if you are ovulating. im worried about that.

Not asure my doc will even know the answers.

Have any of you had experience with this?

grateful for any info
Maya
#13 of 229 Old 07-05-2010, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! Glad folks are finding the summer thread.

Kristin, I don't use FF myself and I'm not sure what the solid v open circles mean. Though either way today being the shift seems more likely to me given the temps, the face flush (so interesting the patterns people notice!), and the EWCF pattern. And it sounds like you know your body well, so I'd trust your assessment over a computer program's.

Maya, I don't have any experience with soy or clomid. My RE (reproductive endocrinologist/fertility doctor) believe any of us in our age range are more challenged by egg quality issues than younger women, simply because our eggs are older. The TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) folks believe you can improve egg quality. Many people in our age range here and in my real life believe TCM has been helpful.

As I understand it from Taking Charge of Your Fertility, your luteal phase isn't over until you have red bleeding, so if you are spotting on 8dpo it's not over yet. (yay!) Also, I believe based on reading the same book, that the best way to confirm if you have ovulated is to see a temp shift.

Ovulating on cd13 or 14 sounds very regular of you. Seeing a doctor sounds like good illumination. Lots of good wishes that the right spermy hits the right eggy and that you are having implantation spotting.

#14 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 PM

Hi All! I'm checking in after 2 "false alarms" and found that my name was removed from the list. Maybe that's a sign LOL!!! Anyway, the only thing I have to report is that the B50 Complex has me on a perfect 28 day cycle and it seems to be helping me drop some of my excess weight. Feeling great and my "moods" seem to have stabilized too.

Hope all is well!
#15 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post
To jumpstart ovulation, its common to prescribe clomid. But frankly, its dries up cervical mucus, and I figure im better off using soy isoflavones.

Ive heard though, without confirmation, that the soy can delay or prevent ovulation if you are ovulating. im worried about that.

Maya
Hi Maya,

I have no experience with Clomid but used soy isoflavones for the first time last month. I took 200mg for 5 days only. The way soy isoflavones work, I believe, is by suppressing (something, can't remember what) which causes your body to believe it has low levels of estrogen and thus create more. The extra estrogen surge this creates can jumpstart ovulation or grow bigger or more follicles. The hormone cascade can also cause your body to create more progesterone during your LP. You do need to be very judicious in your use though... taken for too many days, soy can suppress your ovulation! You have to take it for 5 days maximum, beginning either cd1, cd2, or cd3. I took it cd3-7. I did have a very robust O last month -- very strong O-pains, very dark line on my OPK, very clear thermal shift. Then I had what felt like very high progesterone during my LP -- higher than normal temps, hot flashes, etc.

I didn't do it this month, just because I was out of town during the right cycle days and didn't have access to my soy.

Good luck this month, let us know how it goes!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#16 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

i like the summer thread, waturmama ! thank you kristin, it is so nice to see you. i have not been on here much over the last few months, either. now, i'm trying to check in a little more. i just really like this thread and all of you women who are here.

hope everyone's having a great fourth of july

afm.....

ff gave me crosshairs on cd12 so on cd15 dh and i bd unprotected. then on cd16 or 17, ff changed my ovulation date to cd14 i guess i never thought about it changing, since that has not happened to me before. if you want to see my chart, it is linked on the first page (oh, we are on the first page, lol)

i also have been wondering this cycle about how a detox/cleanse might affect my hormones and my cycle in general. i have been on a sugar detox for three weeks. i removed all wheat, dairy, most grains and fruit. no sweeteners, candy, chocolate, caffeine.... this is a big shift for me, and it is going well. do any of you have experience with cleanses and how they affect your cycle ?

xxoo
BHappy good to see you too. I have occasionally had FF change my O date based on day 3 temperatures. I don't know how they calculate it but what I have found is many times when they change it it sometimes aligns with my own thinking and sometimes not. This month it changed it from CD14 to CD16 based on today's temperature and that aligns perfectly with what I believed to be my ovulation date.

Maya I don't have specific answers to your questions but wholeheartedly recommend that you read Randine Lewis's book The Infertility Cure. According to chinese medicine you can improve egg quality. Western doctors tend to just assume if you are over 40 your eggs are old and may not fertilize. Just because you BD on ovulation day and do not get pregnant that month it does not indicate there is a global egg problem if could have been 1 of a thousand different issues. When you really read the process of egg development it's really quite amazing any one gets pregnant.

I do know that my TCM provider has told me many times that clomid is not a good choice for women over 40 as she says it has lasting effects on our systems that make it harder to actually become pregnant. I think it minimizes the development of the endometrium for one. Not sure of the other problems it creates she has said there are other better choices such as femara or some of the injectables.

But I think reading Randine Lewis' book would be a really good place for you to start she has all sorts of information on nutrition, chinese medicine, accpuncture/pressure, and nutrition and supplements. Using TCM and supplements changed my CD3 blood tests from borderline to that of a 20 year old.

And on other news: I read an article the other day that said get this researchers have found that our ovarys continue to make new eggs throughout our lives, thus we are NOT born with all the eggs we will ever had. SO there is great hope that some of my eggs are NOT 44 years old. I just need to find some of those new ones.

Also in The Infertility Cure she mentions a study that when old nonworking mouse ovaries were taken out and placed in a young mouse they began functioning as they had when they were young. It's not necessarily the ovaries but their environment that is the problem. If we improve our ovaries environment we can produce healthy eggs. Something to seriously consider.

Good luck, hope everyone is well. Got to run to the office.

#17 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM

Hi wonderful ladies!
I miss this thread and your wonderful personalities... I've been meaning to follow religiously but I have had the busiest two months of my life.

I developed pre-E late in my pg and ended up having a c/s at 37 weeks- everything turned out okay even tho I was bummed about not having my home birth. Honestly, at this point in my life I don't care how I got my baby- obviously or I wouldn't have done egg donor.

We've been super busy with Georgia. She has bilateral club foot, and we are casting her weekly with an orthopedic surgeon. She'll have surgery next week on her achilles tendons. It's so hard seeing her uncomfortable, but it will be worth it when her feet are fixed. We also got a positive on her newborn PKU screen for cystic fibrosis. We have spent a lot of time traveling for tests to try to determine whether or not it is a false positive. We think it's false as babe is growing like a weed- 9 pounds now up from 6.7 birth weight. We'll find out for sure in a few weeks when the dna tests come back.

Here is a link to some pics:http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/

I know this thread and all of MDC is about going natural- but if anyone here ever wants to talk about the ultimate medical route to a baby (short of surrogacy I guess!) feel welcome to PM me. I believe it was all worth it, and I believe in my heart I would not have had a chance myself.

I hope you all are doing well- I'll be reading more to catch up on you.
Sara (46 now, Georgia born 5/20)
#18 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 PM

Hi Sara, congratulations on the baby! Just thought id say hi to you here on this forum. Remember me? Im still going with the progesterone. :-)

Litmama, Kristin, Waturmama, thanks for your responses. That info on soy Litmama was priceless. In fact, i got my period on 8dpo (ho hum) because i messed up my progesterone...was on such a low dose, and figured i could patch it up when spotting occurred. I did last month. But the period came anyway, (not much of a period tho) so im cycle day 2 today, and starting the soy tomorrow. Ill take 75mg a day (they suggest 80) Not sure if i should take more since i already o. But then so do you, so its encouraging it worked well for you.

Kristin, that stuff about old ovaries in a young body, is so interesting. I really believe we are still in the dark ages when it comes to understanding fertility and aging (aging period). The experts just dont really know and they will admit its all as much art as it is science. There simply isnt an accurate test out there for egg quality.

Anyway, its encouraging to hear from you all. I feel so heartbroken when i think that i may never have another baby. I just want to cry, and have many times. Ive never been so aware of my cycle, and at the same time it has never been more useless.
Im breastfeeding and still get strong sensations of O, and strong indications etc etc, and i think that must mean something, but noone really knows.

Back later...
#19 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

BuzzerBeater!! Thank you for stopping by. I've been wondering about you. Congratulations on the arrival of Georgia!! . She is gorgeous. Yay!!

I'm glad there is a fix for the club feet. The pku diagnosis sounds stressful. I'm glad it's looking like a false positive and sending good wishes that that is confirmed and also good wishes for the surgery next week.

I'm not a moderator, but my take is that it is fine to post about your experience here and for others to ask questions about ED. You have a natural bent and went as natural as you felt you could--it seems to me that there is talk about medical stuff around Mothering to the level you have done it, it is just that we have natural tendencies. Personally I want this to be a thread where we can explore our options. Particularly as natural-oriented people, we sometimes need to work through our thoughts about the higher tech ones. I think you have a lot to contribute there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
And on other news: I read an article the other day that said get this researchers have found that our ovarys continue to make new eggs throughout our lives, thus we are NOT born with all the eggs we will ever had. SO there is great hope that some of my eggs are NOT 44 years old. I just need to find some of those new ones.
Kristin, I love this. ^ Love. Thank you.

gerlassie, I'm glad you are back. You are back on the list, too! I am sorry for overdeleting. I'm standing by my theory that it is an opportunity for extra intentions in the world and that is a good luck thing. So glad you are feeling good.

LitMama, thank you for more info about the soy. I'm going to consider it and see what my TCM practitioner thinks about it for me.

contactmaya, . I hope soon you will be holding your babe and knowing it came at just the right time.

#20 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Hi everybody:

Just catching up. AF finally arrived today, first one post m/c. I have another u/s scheduled in 3 weeks, to see how that ovarian cyst is doing. I don't even want to think about it. But definitely no TTC until then. Also, I am back on my OCD meds after a horrible past couple of weeks. They will have to stop before we can TTC again. So there are still some obstacles. I guess I should technically be listed as "getting ready."

I do find the info on egg quality and ageing heartening. I certainly know enough women IRL who have managed to have successful pregnancies in their 40s, maybe a disproportionate number.

Good luck to everyone in July!
#21 of 229 Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hi carfreemama! We posted at the same time! I'm glad to see you here. It seems like AF came back fast for you and that seems very positive by my interpretation. Sorry you have had a horrible past couple weeks. I hope the meds help bring back balance for you soon.

#22 of 229 Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 AM

Hey all, I just saw this thread and thought I'd like to join in on the summer fun! I'm 42 years old and recently decided to give getting pg one more go.

I have an 11 year old son(1999), who would soooo love to be a big brother! I lost a baby in 2002. It was quite an ordeal where I almost died at the same time. After that, fear prevented me from trying again. Although, I understand what happened and why it happened.

I take much better care of myself now, my diet is really good, I use progesterone cream. I just had a complete physical and everything is looking good.

I'm planning on natural homebirth and for the most part, leaving traditional medicine out of it. I'm using positive affirmations and a really healthy diet and lifestyle as my means of getting pg.

If it's meant to be, it will happen! If not, I'm ok with that too. My son already has names picked out, he's absolutely certain it will happen, so I focus on his positive attitude and really start to believe it myself!
#23 of 229 Old 07-07-2010, 10:45 AM

Sara, thanks for stopping in I was just wondering about you the other day. Georgia is a cutie! Can't believe she is holding her head up and flipped over already. So sorry about the test results, hopefully they were wrong. I agree with Watrumama. I think it's okay to talk about the routes we take to our babies. It's important information and there are whole treads on IVF etc...

Welcome earthlymama

#24 of 229 Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Here are some articles on the "old" ovaries growing new eggs discovery in 2009. Apparently they've proved it only in mice, but hey, we're all mammals, right? (This reminds me of all the new discoveries showing that the dogma that you can't grow new brain cells is ALSO not true!)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041200967.html

Quote:
"If you are looking to disprove that females cannot make new eggs, this paper proves it. It's a really significant paper," said Jonathan L. Tilly, a professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive biology at Harvard Medical School who published some of the most controversial research suggesting that women remain capable of producing new eggs. "This is the smoking gun."

More:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80...fertile-women/

more:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...treatment.html
quote: "The dogma that women are born with a finite number of eggs may soon be overturned. Stem cells have been discovered in the ovaries of adult mice that seem to give rise to new eggs and healthy offspring.

"If these findings are confirmed, it could revolutionise female reproduction – opening the door for women to put off child-rearing almost indefinitely, and providing a new source of eggs for women who have been rendered infertile."

and even more:
http://www.the-scientist.com/blog/display/55612/

Another report showing they've done it with human cells, outside the body (different approach - no pregnancies or fertilization, just showed that new eggs can be grown - they say it would be good for cancer patients)
http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jul2009/nichd-14.htm
#25 of 229 Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome earthlymama!! So sweet that your 11 yo ds loves the idea of being a big brother so much. May his vision and you wish come true soon.

Fuller2, thank you very much for the links.

#26 of 229 Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 AM

HI everyone...

I need some reassuring or encouragement and this is the first place I thought I would post. I am pregnant. WE had taken a break from "trying" and then in June after one night of pity sex for my husband we ended up pregnant. My last period was May 24th. I truly beleive whatever is meant to be will be and thought maybe this is meant to be because we were not trying. I finally took a prengnacy test yesteray and it was a quick and strong positive. Called the doctor and they are going to do a phone chat with the nurse next week and a meeting with my dr the following week. This pregnancy is following two pretty bad miscarriages so you know that is in the back of my mind. All along my breasts have been sore and I have had some nausea during the day. Well last night I woke up, felt my breasts which were not sore, and told myself I miscarried. Today I can not get the fear out of my mind. My breasts are tender but this fear is taking over ...especially since both times I was tol the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and that is where I am at. So I sit here and tell myself it is intuition and then the "social worker" in me says I am just beleiving it to protect myself from the hurt if it is the case... I have had nausea this am but do not know if it is psychosymatic (sp?) I have been online reading up on sore ness of breasts diappearing and if it is a sign of soemthing and every reputable website says no that these symptoms will fluctuate as my hormones do....so ladies any tips on how not yo be my own worse enemy during this time? Anyone experience symptoms coming and going?

Thanks....hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful Saturday!!!
#27 of 229 Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentalgiant, first of all congratulations on your BFP!! . It sure does sound like a little one really wants to be with you, with that "one time wonder!"

On one hand, I share the experience of having fluctuating symptoms and it makes a lot of sense that you would worry especially at 6 weeks. On the other hand, I had an intuition things were not going well at the time the little one stopped growing during both my pregnancies that went past 5 weeks but ended in m/c--so I take those intuitions seriously. I think you are wise to notice it all.

My thought is to take your concern seriously as a piece of information to follow up on. Is it possible to get an ultrasound? I think you are getting to the time when they should be able to see a heartbeat and that would put your mind at rest.

Sending lots of good wishes for a sticky bean.

#28 of 229 Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Mentalgiant Congratulations. And I hear your fear and pain. It is scary especially when you have a history of m/c. I generally think we should listen to our intuition but I also know that when it's anxiety related it is not always accurate.

Can you go get a HCG check? If you don't want to wait for your doc. use an online lab service. I plan on using use prepaidlab.com to arrange for my next lab tests. There are several other companies most seem to use labcorp. The HCG may help put your mind at ease.

I hope the outcome is the one you are hoping for. You are in my thoughts.

#29 of 229 Old 07-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Congratulations Mentalgiant!!

Fuller, i loved those articles you posted, thankyou so much.

So what does it mean for us? Although there are naysayers, i dont see any reason why the mouse experiement wouldnt also apply to humans. Would they have to culture the eggs in a petri dish like ivf or could you have the eggs stem cells planted internally? Would you then be at risk for producing multiple eggs?

I wonder how long it will take for this to arrive on the market.

Maybe us gals on this list will be able to have our own baby in our late 40's early 50's, so whats the rush now? (i want my kids close in age, thats the main issue for me right now)

I spoke to a doctor and the lab doing the iui's (previously i was just doing plain old vaginal insemination) They both told me im fertile and should be ok . I said ' but im 43!' 'So what?' they both said.
Anyway, whether what they are saying is true or not, it did lift my mood. The doc was an angel actually.
Maya
Maya
#30 of 229 Old 07-11-2010, 02:30 PM

Congratulations, BuzzerBeater and welcome, Georgia! She is beautiful! I hope all goes well with the additional testing

Mentalgiant, congratulations on your BFP!!! I think it's very natural that you might feel concern given the past m/c's. I hope that you can get more information, either via bloodwork or ultrasound, to give you more clarity and hopefully comfort! When pg with my dd, I did have fluctuating symptoms. I remember distinctly that my various boob sensations (tingles, prickles, soreness) fluctuated the most. I also remember not really feeling pg when I went in for my 8-week u/s.

Welcome, EarthlyMama! It sounds like you have been through a lot... I think you'll find this group very welcoming and supportive. It's wonderful that your older 11yo is cheering you on!

Carfreemama, sorry the past two weeks have been tough! sending you restorative wishes

Nice to see you back here, BHappy and Gerlassie!

BHappy, I've had ff change my crosshairs a few times, and as others have said, I often disagree! I notice that ff is only taking a few data points into account (temp, cm, opk results) while we ourselves have much more information that never appears on our charts. I have very strong O-pains, for example, that give me a few days' advance notice that I'm going to O. I bet your detox/cleanse could also affect your hormones?

Gerlassie, glad B-complex is working so well for you. I started taking it this cycle, too. I'll let you know if it balances my cycle (which ranges from 21 to 30 days).

Kristin, it sounds like you're in a really great place with exercise and nutrition, how wonderful! Also glad the royal bee jelly seems to be doing good things for you.

Kristin and fuller2, thank you for the info on egg production! Exciting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page