July 30-Something Mamas TTC #2 or more - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post

My temp took a pretty big dip today, so I think I'm OK. Still a bit nervous as the CM has been pretty lacking. Guess I just need to wait a couple days to see what's up....
Looks like your other charts! Sometimes I don't have as much CM as other months. It might be due to the heat!

IKWYM about urine dilution and OPKs. I think I have only had one or two clearly positive OPKs because I can never time my water intake, peeing and then remember to do the test. I either forget and drink or pee, or I remember to not drink or pee and then forget to do the test!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Hi. I'm totally new. I had a m/c in early June ("blighted ovum") and just got AF yesterday.

So I'll be starting soon. I have never tracked my temp or mucus. I got pregnant with #1 completely unexpectedly. And, based on those dates and the dates of my second not-meant-to-be pregnancy, I am pretty sure I must ovulate early in my cycle. (I've read all these TTC and mc forums, but I'm not used to all the abbreviations, so bear with me.)

Is a basal therm necessary--do you think? I would really like to get pregnant soon. Not bent on NOW but in the next couple months. My son will be three in March.

DS 3/16/08     EDD 6/7/11

Old 07-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyred View Post
Hi. I'm totally new.

Is a basal therm necessary--do you think? I would really like to get pregnant soon. Not bent on NOW but in the next couple months. My son will be three in March.
to the thread

Yes a basal therm is very necessary! There not that that expensive, and you can get them at your local drugstore or walmart.

afm: nothing much today, 7dpo
Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 PM

Thanks. I started lurking on a few forums in the beginning of my 2ww in May, and then while we were waiting to see the results of our second ultrasound. I'm a little bit nervous this time. The first time was so easy--and it seemed easy the second time. I got pregnant the first month we officially "tried."
And then there was the m/c. Looks like my easy days are over.

I will try the thermometer. Thanks again.

DS 3/16/08     EDD 6/7/11

Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 PM

to all the new mamas! to those who have had recent losses. And wishing you all lots of luck!

Finally got a +opk this morning. Will break my every other day rule and DTD one more time tonight!

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

Old 07-07-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyred View Post

I am so sorry for your loss I use my BBT, but I am getting to the point where I feel like I am pretty good at predicting O from my CM. But I keep temping because I don't think my LP is long enough. So maybe temp for a few cycles and see what happens. Of course, I hope you don't have to be here for more than one cycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_r4ks View Post
to all the new mamas! to those who have had recent losses. And wishing you all lots of luck!

Finally got a +opk this morning. Will break my every other day rule and DTD one more time tonight!
Thank you (and everyone!) for the warm welcome!!!! And to your for positive OPK!!!! Have fun!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM

love_r4ks: yea for a +OPK!

prettyred: Welcome!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 AM

Thanks everyone for kind words. Woohoo on the pos OPKs! I am so hopeful that this might be our month. April sounds like a great time to have a new baby!

I have been wondering a few things, maybe you all can help me out. First, I have an annual pap/exam scheduled for CD13. Do you think this could interfere with TTC? I usually O around CD14/15. I'd like to keep the appointment because I have some questions for my doc - but I don't want to jeopardize our chances.

Also -- I have been kind of haphazardly going about BDing with DH. I mean, we usually try to BD every night from CD 10-17 or so (). Is this part of the problem? Is there really a better chance of actually getting pregnant if we skip a day until O and then do O and O+1? Am I over thinking this? Why do 16 year olds make this look so easy?

Thanks for the support! It sure feels nice to have a group of people to get excited with -- I am the only one of my friends TTC #2 IRL.

Me (31) married to M (37). Loving little MD 3/09 and TTC #2 since 5/10.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
Looks like your other charts! Sometimes I don't have as much CM as other months. It might be due to the heat!

IKWYM about urine dilution and OPKs. I think I have only had one or two clearly positive OPKs because I can never time my water intake, peeing and then remember to do the test. I either forget and drink or pee, or I remember to not drink or pee and then forget to do the test!
Seriously - I keep drinking fluids to up the CM as well as not die , but then there's no way I'll be able to hold it in for 2 hours. I think I'm giving up on the CM for this cycle.... But it looks like that OPK was truly negative as my temp was fairly lateral this morning. I can't totally trust the temp (changed environment, poor sleep, freezing cold room), but still don't think it represents O. Ack, what do I know? I'm covered BD'ing-wise, at least.

slinkyfish - not sure about the pap question, but I'm sure someone here will know! If your man's sperm has no known problems, you should be fine dtd every day. If someone knows otherwise, please speak up!!! Cause that's what I've been doing and if it's not right I'd love to know! Not that I don't enjoy it, of course

Welcome to all the new posters!!!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyfish View Post

I have been wondering a few things, maybe you all can help me out. First, I have an annual pap/exam scheduled for CD13. Do you think this could interfere with TTC? I usually O around CD14/15. I'd like to keep the appointment because I have some questions for my doc - but I don't want to jeopardize our chances.

Also -- I have been kind of haphazardly going about BDing with DH. I mean, we usually try to BD every night from CD 10-17 or so (). Is this part of the problem? Is there really a better chance of actually getting pregnant if we skip a day until O and then do O and O+1? Am I over thinking this? Why do 16 year olds make this look so easy?
Fertility Friend has this to say about BDing:
Quote:
In a recent analysis of 119,398 charts from women charting with Fertility Friend, we found that 94% of women who became pregnant had intercourse on at least one of these three days. For conception purposes, it is thus ideal to have intercourse during a three day fertile window which includes your ovulation day and the two previous days.

In a recent analysis of 119,398 charts from women charting with Fertility Friend, we found that 94% of women who became pregnant had intercourse on at least one of these three days. For conception purposes, it is thus ideal to have intercourse during a three day fertile window which includes your ovulation day and the two previous days.

Intercourse Frequency

There has been some speculation that couples who are trying to conceive should reduce the frequency of sexual intercourse during the fertile window to increase sperm supply. This is not true for most couples. While couples with known male factor issues should consult their doctor for the best intercourse strategy, couples with normal fertility and no known sperm issues should not reduce the frequency of intercourse in the fertile window. Your probability of conception is increased when you have intercourse multiple times in your fertile window. While it is true that sperm concentrations decrease slightly with increasing intercourse frequency, frequent intercourse is still more likely to result in conception than infrequent intercourse for couples with no male factor fertility issues. Each additional act of intercourse within your fertile window increases your probability of conception for that cycle.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/...Frequency.html
So BD-away!!!

Here is a link to where a person asked a similar question about Papsmear and TTC:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fertili...nt/show/552751

I remember having a pap smear when TTC my DD2. In fact we thought I might be pregnant at the time. The m/w assured me it was safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post
I can't totally trust the temp (changed environment, poor sleep, freezing cold room), but still don't think it represents O. Ack, what do I know? I'm covered BD'ing-wise, at least.
Could your O be delayed because of changes in environment? I don't remember, are you traveling for vacation? My O always gets messed up when I travel or attend births.

As for me, still waiting and spotting, though it was much less this morning. Temp seems to be slowly descending, but I'm probably a few days away from full-on AF. Or I could still be pregnant. :fingerscrossed

Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Add me ( I think, lol!) I think we are both open to a 6th. I realized that each month I keep holding my breath with hope and when af arrives I never get that sense of relief. That should tell me something!
Right now I'm on day 17, dtd twice within the potential window-but honestly I think we acted a little too soon before ovulation, and then a little late...so I'm not stressing too much but I think the odds are low this is the month.
But we'll see! If not this month maybe next!

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Andrea: Congrats on your Pos opk YEAH!

Slinkyfish: just acknowledging your question, I have no answers sorry

Black Orchard: Interesting reading from FF. Thank you for sharing it. We are crossing our fingers for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia View Post
I think we are both open to a 6th. I realized that each month I keep holding my breath with hope and when af arrives I never get that sense of relief. That should tell me something!
Sapientia: Welcome to the thread: So what your telling us is that this feeling never goes away? LOL I had a feeling that was the case.

AFM: 8dpo. Trying really hard not to test!!! I have no cheap tests in the house, so thats keeping me in line right now. I was driving on the highway today and my car tried to get off by itself at the $store exit.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Could your O be delayed because of changes in environment? I don't remember, are you traveling for vacation? My O always gets messed up when I travel or attend births.

As for me, still waiting and spotting, though it was much less this morning. Temp seems to be slowly descending, but I'm probably a few days away from full-on AF. Or I could still be pregnant. :fingerscrossed
We just moved from our bedroom upstairs to the guestroom downstairs because it's the only one with AC (it has double humg windows and the rest of the house has casement windows which are hard to find units for). DH and I have to sleep in separate beds, too

Went to $tore and picked up a mess of OPKs and then took the first test in a gas station bathroom. Is this rock bottom? It appears to be pos - the test line has a dark strip on one side and then fainter on the rest, but the darkest part of the test looks to be as dark or maybe darker than the control line. I'll take another test this evening and see where we are. If it is pos. then I will probably O tomorrow... Of course, I'm leaving for an overnight trip without DH Fri. afternoon and will not return until Sat. evening, so we're gonna have to boogie tonight and tomorrow morning.

I really thought I would be able to be laid back and hands off TTC #2 - I wasn't even planning on TTC until August! And now look what a mess I am!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Hi Everyone! Welcome new mamas! I am on vacation in Hawaii visiting family and blissfully not worried about TTC right now. Although my friend is convinced that I will be flying home wit a little Hawaiian keiki. LOL I was so glad to hear about the BFPS for forsestmama and louisli and I can't wait to see who is next. I will check in again when I can. Aloha!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:21 PM

Hello

New to the TTC forum... And wanting to cry today... AF is here and I was so hoping that Tryst and I were successful.

BUT!

Another month
Another chance
So let's go do
The Baby Dance!

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 PM

No one gets a + on 8 DPO, right? Right? Talk me out of testing please.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Black Orchid -- Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to post that info. So helpful!

Jennabella -- I have never gotten a bfp by day 8...and yet, even knowing that, I've never refrained from testing either. I'm sooooo the wrong person to talk you away from the tests.

AFM -- Just hanging out at CD7...hoping to hear some success stories from you all while I am in the TWW.

Me (31) married to M (37). Loving little MD 3/09 and TTC #2 since 5/10.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabella View Post
No one gets a + on 8 DPO, right? Right? Talk me out of testing please.
step away from the peestick I am so with you! I have peed on many a stick way too early. It's a compulsion

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 07-08-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia View Post
step away from the peestick I am so with you! I have peed on many a stick way too early. It's a compulsion
No testing!!!! Wait for it!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 AM

So I tested and of course, BFN. But I know it was silly to even test and it doesn't mean anything yet. I just had what I think was an implantation dip (maybe?) in my chart yesterday, so I tested this morning anyway! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 PM

OK, so I didn't come here right away and post, because last time I did and then I miscarried 4 days later...but I'm thinking this one might "stick", so I'm asking to be put on the March 2011 list!

Good luck ladies who are still TTC!

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Hey Ladies!

No news from me - I don't know WTF is going on. My temp has tanked the last few days. I also had some light bleeding as well, all with -OPK's. I'm thinking the soy really screwed me up. So I don't know what to do now. I've been very depressed lately, so this has not helped.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Black Orchid Great info Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Slinkyfish The only reason I mentioned that we try to do every other day is that's just what has always worked for us in the past. First 4 kids were conceived very quickly (first try with the first 3 and second try with the fourth) doing every other day. First 3 cycles this time we did lots and lots of BDing every day. 4th cycle went back to every other day and got PG (had a m/c) Probably just a coincidence, but for me i just do it for personal reasons Although, I completely broke my rule this cycle and just DTD 3 days in a row

sapientia. Baby #6?

carolina kel

jennabella Not unheard of to get a + at 8dpo, but chances aren't that great.

Gabesgrrrl Congrats!!! (((stick baby, stick)))

Kat Hope you've been able to stay clear of those $stores

mamalove1 Ahhh, Hawaii. I'm jealous!

suzywan ewwww, the gas station bathroom!! Of all places to pee on something Hooray for +opk, though!

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

AFM..Need help from you charting experts. So, I've been trying really hard to take my temp around the same time every morning. 2 mornings ago i woke up just before 6 and got 96.8. Dozed back to sleep until 7:20, took temp again and got 97.18. I used the 97.18 on my chart since the time I took it was closer to the time I'd taken my temp the other few mornings. Now I'm second guessing myself. Which temp would you use??

Edited to add that 2 days ago was CD 15, the day of my first +opk. I thought I read somewhere that the day of O you can have a temp dip?? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else!

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

Old 07-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
Hey Ladies!

No news from me - I don't know WTF is going on. My temp has tanked the last few days. I also had some light bleeding as well, all with -OPK's. I'm thinking the soy really screwed me up. So I don't know what to do now. I've been very depressed lately, so this has not helped.
Mollie, I'm sorry I never have any good advice for you, just more I'm sorry you are having a hard time

Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post
so I'm asking to be put on the March 2011 list!
Congrats!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
Hey Ladies!

I am so sorry. It is so frustrating when our bodies don't give us clear signals.

I have only every had a few cycles where I had a clearly positive OPK. The surge is often so sudden and there are so many variables that effect how much can be in the urine, that I think some of us just don't get the timing right on the test. So don't let those dumb tests get you down. Your body knows how to do this and it will happen!

I'm starting to feel more optimistic about this cycle. My spotting has slowed down and the nausea is getting more intense as are the sore boobs. Can't wait to test Sunday, though I've never had a BPF before CD 16. It was mostly out of ignorance, but there is a chance that I grown 'em slow at first... so not giving up on this one until AF shows... And I hope she stays away for at least a year

Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
OK, so I didn't come here right away and post, because last time I did and then I miscarried 4 days later...but I'm thinking this one might "stick", so I'm asking to be put on the March 2011 list!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_r4ks View Post
Black Orchid Great info Thanks for taking the time to post that.

AFM..Need help from you charting experts. So, I've been trying really hard to take my temp around the same time every morning. 2 mornings ago i woke up just before 6 and got 96.8. Dozed back to sleep until 7:20, took temp again and got 97.18. I used the 97.18 on my chart since the time I took it was closer to the time I'd taken my temp the other few mornings. Now I'm second guessing myself. Which temp would you use??

Edited to add that 2 days ago was CD 15, the day of my first +opk. I thought I read somewhere that the day of O you can have a temp dip?? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else!
Honestly, I would say that neither temp is accurate and would be considered an abnormal temp whichever you use. In my case, I would use the first and then either enter the time (if using FF in which case it should be an open circle indicating an abnormal temp) or just note the time on my chart for that cycle day (if using paper charting). As long as your surrounding temps are accurate, one abnormal temp generally doesn't matter too much.

I'm not sure about the temp dip but I think it's just before O so could be the day of or day before? I believe it's due to a surge in estrogen maybe, hopefully someone else who really knows will answer this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
I'm starting to feel more optimistic about this cycle. My spotting has slowed down and the nausea is getting more intense as are the sore boobs. Can't wait to test Sunday, though I've never had a BPF before CD 16. It was mostly out of ignorance, but there is a chance that I grown 'em slow at first... so not giving up on this one until AF shows... And I hope she stays away for at least a year
Sounds good to me - I hope she stays away from me too!!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Gabesgrrl: fingers crossed for a sticky one!!! Congrats

Mollie: I'm so sorry you are depressed, Soy works wonders for some I hear. Perhaps its not your answer. Keep up the faith. Your time is coming!

mamalove1: enjoy the rest of your rest. Sounds like some good times.

Andrea:
Wow thats a big difference in numbers. Could you possibly caught your O temp dip. How cool would that be.

Black Orchard: Sounds good, keep up the faith.

Jennabella: sorry about your bfn, it not a loss cause we still have a few more days until our official test date.

AFM:
9dpo I know I vowed to stop being a drama queen, but I had a big dip today, and I was spotting all day. I'm a regular 30-31 day cycle. Never spot until 2 day before. So spotting 5-6 days before is irregular for me. So needless to say I started obsessing again.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Ugh I am so far behind here!

Im officially 30 now (as of the 1st!). Today is CD41 and 7 DPO if I really O...

I met with my Dr last week, he sent me for some hormone tests, said if im pregnant thats great, and if not he'll do his best to find a medication that can help us again. Then we had a chat about my little guy, it was so sweet, he even wants to see him at our next visit (this is the same dr who gave me fertility meds to conceive the first time and delivered my son), so it was a really great visit!

Im still taking the chasteberry and added B6 this month, I have high hopes! but at the same time am relieved that my dr is on board.

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Hey all- showed up this morning... so no testing this time around. We're going full-on for the next cycle, CY #7.

User Tag List