July 30-Something Mamas TTC #2 or more - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 269 Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know what you girls are drinking, but please send me some.

CONGRATS to all of you and sticky vibes to all of you.

Callie: As for ttc a girl, it's a hope at this point. At the begining we were stoping bd before O, but thought we were ruining our chances period. I have read the girl diet thing, but oh my what a crazy plan that seems. Very restrictive, and lime doushing and stuff. I don't think I'm there yet. But if anyone has tried it and says it works do tell me their story. I know I'd be happy with a boy too, but a girl would be so wonderful!!!
#182 of 269 Old 07-21-2010, 03:17 PM

Hi ladies -

My beta results came back and have dropped. It's a miscarriage.

I want to thank everyone here SO much for your encouragement and sticky vibes and support you've given me, especially over the last week. It's means so much to me.

All the BFPs this month have brought me joy and while I am so heartbroken that I can't join you all in the DDCs, I'll be cheering for you.

I might not be posting for a little while, but I'll probably lurk a bit to see how everyone is doing.

BTW, I know sometimes people ask if they should chart their cycles - my answer to that will always be YES! If I had not been charting my temps, I might not have realized I was pregnant this cycle, since I thought I had already started AF. I really believe that charting gives us a lot of information to help us when we are TTC.
#183 of 269 Old 07-21-2010, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Jennabella - I'm so sorry for your loss....

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#184 of 269 Old 07-21-2010, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jennabella - I'm so sorry for your loss...

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#185 of 269 Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 PM

I'm so sorry Jennabella.

I have every confidence that you'll be in a DDC soon!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#186 of 269 Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 PM

Jennabelle, I'm sorry for you.

Mummy to two,  vbac.gif winner.jpgsigncirc1.gif
#187 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM

Oh Jennabella, I am so sorry.
#188 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Jennabella, I am so sorry . Lot's of 's for you.

Nothing new with me, still waiting to O. I'm on CD 12 today, should O by CD 20, I hope.

#189 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, I had some bright red spotting this morning. That prompted me to go ahead and call the birth center to find out about setting an appointment for an HSG and/or endometrial biopsy. We talked about it a couple of months ago, but I wasn't ready to go there yet. Now I am. I want to go ahead and get the procedure(s) scheduled for next cycle. If I end up with a BFP, I can cancel the appts. I just don't understand why I keep on spotting. What is wrong with me?! Obviously it's not progesterone, or the suppositories would help. *sigh*

ETA:

Mollie - Are you done with Clomid for this cycle, then? Does it usually help you to O earlier?

#190 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Callie - I'm so sorry AF seems to have arrived (although with it just spotting, could there still be a chance it's not AF?). Wishing you lots of luck for your appt, although I'm hoping you'll have to cancel it because of a BFP.

AFM:I'm just taking it one day at a time, because that's really all we can do. I'm not able to respond to everyone individually right now, but I do appreciate your thoughts and support SO much. It's a comfort to know people are thinking of me right now and I just love the hug smileys. Thank you so much.
#191 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM

Callie- Thinking of you. I so wish they could get this junk figured out. My fingers are always crossed for you.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#192 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
Ugh, I had some bright red spotting this morning. That prompted me to go ahead and call the birth center to find out about setting an appointment for an HSG and/or endometrial biopsy. We talked about it a couple of months ago, but I wasn't ready to go there yet. Now I am. I want to go ahead and get the procedure(s) scheduled for next cycle. If I end up with a BFP, I can cancel the appts. I just don't understand why I keep on spotting. What is wrong with me?! Obviously it's not progesterone, or the suppositories would help. *sigh*
Callie, popping back in from BSL to say sorry I started spotting this morning, too, and once it turns to full flow, I'm supposed to call to get an appt for a HSG for sometime next week. (We had our first RE appt on T, and worked out a testing/diagnostic plan.) Anyway, so sorry, and hope we both get some answers soon!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#193 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:

ETA:

Mollie - Are you done with Clomid for this cycle, then? Does it usually help you to O earlier?
I am so sorry you're spotting yet again . I hope you get some answers, or better yet, a BFP! I wish I had the answers you need.

I'm done with Clomid; I took CD 3-7, the same as when I got my BFP last time. I don't O on my own, but I average CD 18-20 for O days.

#194 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 PM

Jennabella: So sorry sweetie.

Callie: glad to hear you went ahead and made appointments, so you will feel like your moving ahead, I agree you can always cancel them. So Sorry about the spotting.
#195 of 269 Old 07-22-2010, 09:32 PM

Jenna, im so sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts

Callie, sorry to hear about AF I hope that you can find some answers at the clinic or better yet and BFP before then!

One more day of Clomid for me.. I think I actually stated it it late (CD6) but my Dr counted at CD5 and I wont fight with him! I started on CD6 when I conceived the first time so what can it hurt? The metformin is making me feel very icky and cranky, but its worth it

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#196 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM

Wow -- a few days offline and so much happens. for the new BFP's!

And for those with spotting/AF. Ugh.

And finally a truly big big to Jennabella. I so know where you are, and it just stinks. Hard to keep having faith in your body after a loss, but we can do it. I am sure of it.

AFM -- I had super early O this month (CD 12) and so I am on 9DPO today. The only real weird symptom I am noticing is that I am getting low blood sugar every few hours, and it makes me feel all shaky and loopy. Not sure if that is a preggy symptom, but I hope so because otherwise it is a little worrisome! I did have my thyroid checked along with my progesterone yesterday (CD21). Maybe those results will give me some clue as to what is up?

Keep hanging in there mamas! We have some great momentum this month!

Me (31) married to M (37). Loving little MD 3/09 and TTC #2 since 5/10.
#197 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

slinkyfish - Wow, strange about the low blood sugar. Is that something that you've had problems with in the past? 9 dpo seems a little early for a pregnancy to affect blood sugar, but who knows? Stranger things have happened, I'm sure. When will you get the results of your testing?

Serena - Sorry the metformin is making you feel bad! that this will all be worth it in the end! BTW, every time I type your name, I think how much I love the name Serena. I just thought I'd let you know. It's a beautiful name.

Mollie - for an O soon! I am praying for you to get a BFP this cycle.

justthinkin - Thanks for the support. I'm sorry you're spotting too. Does it feel better knowing that you have a plan, at least?

AFM - Thanks for the hugs & support everyone. I do want to say that this is NOT AF. At least not yet. It's normal for me to spot throughout my LP, even starting early. But my temps are fine and I definitely don't expect AF until next week.

So I had a long talk with the nurse at the birth center yesterday and we worked out a little plan. She's going to take my chart to chart review on the first Tues of August. They meet with their OBGYN at chart review and are able to get more opinions. So she'll see what the OBGYN and other midwives think. In the meantime, we've scheduled an endometrial biopsy for later that week. If I get a BFP or if they decide at chart review that I'd be better off having different testing done, then I'll cancel that appointment.

Question for you all, especially those who have had some trouble TTC - does your family know that you're TTC? Do you talk to your parents about any of this stuff? I haven't told my parents that we're TTC, although I think they probably know b/c I told my mom that we would be trying for another baby. Part of me wants to talk to her and tell her what's been going on. I haven't wanted many people to know that we're TTC because I don't want people to ask me how it's going or for them to analyze everything I'm doing to try to figure out if I'm pregnant.

Oh, and that reminds me. So I went to that mom's night out on Weds, and everyone there knows that I'm TTC and they know that it's taking longer than we expected and that I have these issues with spotting. So one of the girls asked me how TTC was going (just 2 weeks after I had told them about all this stuff), and I just kind of laughed and said, well, you know... we're having lots of sex. And then later we were all talking about TTC stuff, and everyone there had gotten pregnant within 5 cycles of trying. And they were all uncomfortable talking about how "easy" it was around me... and they were apologizing to me for talking about it. It felt SO strange. I got pregnant on the first try with DS. I was always the girl who was careful about talking about TTC around other people who were having trouble. And now I'm that person? I don't feel like that person. And I really don't want people to tiptoe around me. I'm not going to start crying, you know? Anyway, I just thought that was kind of crazy! :P

#198 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 08:57 AM

heavensearth-Hopefully the Clomid works and it was all worth it!

slinkyfish-I think low blood sugar could be a preggy thing, but 9 dpo seems a bit early, but who knows?

Tulpen88-Sorry to hear about the awkwardness at the MNO. It's nice that they were trying to spare your feelings, but I'm sure it felt weird to have them tiptoe around you.

Mama~Love-fingers crossed for a BFP!

justthinkn- about AF coming.

AFM-Not much going on. Getting ready to O, so we're BD like crazy. I think my temp this morning is way off. DD started crying at around 4 am, which woke me up. I took my temp then since I knew that I would not be getting 3 more hours of solid sleep. It was much lower than yesterday, which was odd. I think it could have been that the time was off by at least an hour though (they've been going through a 5 am wake up phase).

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#199 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I got pregnant on the first try with DS. I was always the girl who was careful about talking about TTC around other people who were having trouble. And now I'm that person? I don't feel like that person. And I really don't want people to tiptoe around me. I'm not going to start crying, you know? Anyway, I just thought that was kind of crazy! :P
Callie: I feel like this too, I had a honeymoon baby, 1st month off bc. But that was a long time ago, and I have a feeling there is some problems in my girl parts. I'm not there yet, but I think I'm turning into that person too!! I'm trying really hard not to tell people, cuz I don't want to be analyzed, or tiptoed around. It's hard not to talk though about the one thing, I'm obsessed with.
#200 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Question for you all, especially those who have had some trouble TTC - does your family know that you're TTC? Do you talk to your parents about any of this stuff? I haven't told my parents that we're TTC, although I think they probably know b/c I told my mom that we would be trying for another baby. Part of me wants to talk to her and tell her what's been going on. I haven't wanted many people to know that we're TTC because I don't want people to ask me how it's going or for them to analyze everything I'm doing to try to figure out if I'm pregnant.
We did not tell our families we were trying to conceive until we were pregnant. Obviously, after two miscarriages, they know now. But they don't know how long it's been, that we've been trying for a year. And they haven't asked how long (although I'm sure at this point they are wondering). Honestly, they've been great about not asking a lot of TTC questions, which I appreciate because I think it would make me feel pressured. But we do have a couple friends who know and it's nice to have that support.
#201 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 AM

So here I am... another O! Please let this be the one!!!

Sorry for joining and then disappearing. we recently moved and I finally got my office together and the computer has been moved upstairs into it. I'm only on a few times a day as a result... which is good for me because I spend way too much time "plugged in" and it helps to keep me from constantly checking my chart! But it is bad for my involvement in any online discussion!

I recently reviewed my last 7 charts on FF and a few from 2008. I don't think I am looking at a luteal phase issue at all... I just think FF was putting my O in the wrong place several times. When I readjusted my Os to where I think they really happened, I end up with perfect 12 day luteal phases with Os pretty uniformly between CD 15 and 17. And when I look at the intercourse timing, we only have two cycles that were "good" in the past 6 cycles. The rest were nowhere near O, once I moved them.

So I am feeling much, much better about why this is taking so long. I think it is truly a timing thing and not a physical barrier.

So O is due any day now, between Saturday and Monday. I am backing up a friend-doula on Saturday, so I am hoping the mom holds her baby so I can stay home in case that is O-day

#202 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Forgot to mention that I think our families know we want a 3rd, but they don't know we're TTC right now. I'd rather wait to just tell them when we're preggo.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#203 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 02:15 PM

Can I join the group? We( dh and I ) have finally decided to try for #4. Well I was always ready for #4 but he kept saying he was done ..Then he got a great new stable job and changed his mind. THe only thing he is really worried about is if we have twins again I think well if it happens.... it happens I can't control that.
We have 3 crazy kids already, dd is 4.5 and twin ds's are 3.5 ( 12months6days between them!).
This will be our last baby and i'm ok with that. I'm so excited for this, I can't wait. I really want to try for a VBA2C and I think its totally possible.
Anyway, AF is here right now rearing her ugly head but should be gone in a few days hopefully, then we can start trying

Rebecca, Veggie mama of 3 little maniacs Hannah~22/12/2005 Callum~28/12/2006 Benjamin~28/12/2006 ~~~Our newest addition will be joining us mid-late April 2011!!!!
#204 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 07:18 PM

Vanessa: Glad your back up and running, we are cycle buddies again this month. Looking forward to that +opk

Rebbeca: vba2c, sounds like a good plan, I agree with your dh twins are scary stuff, and I haven't had personal experience. May your stay with us be a quick and fun one.
#205 of 269 Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I was doing a google search for a condition i was just diagnosed with today, having fertility issues, and it lead me to the boards here!
My DH and I were just married in May, and we have long been TTC #1...so now that all things are official, we started seeing doctors. They diagnosed me with hypothalmic amenorrhea (sp?)...she thinks I have a 50/50 shot to use clomid, so we'll be starting that as soon as i visit an endocrinologist...and after a month, if no results, we're going to move on to injectibles.
It's sure a lot to handle, so I look foward to making friends, and maybe someone has gone through a similar situation with a positive outcome, I'd love to hear!
My name is Noelle, I am 30, DH is 34, we live in NY, and can't wait for our #1!!

Happily Married DH 5/15/10 we love our Gus, TTC #1, with hormone deficiencies and hypothalmic amenorrhea, starting clomid soon
#206 of 269 Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Noelle - Welcome to MDC! This thread is for moms who are TTC #2 or more. There is a thread for women in their 30's who are TTC #1 though!

Rebecca - Welcome to the group! Do you chart? If you do, I can add a link to your chart on the first page. Are your twins identical or fraternal? I imagine it was quite a shock to find out you were having twins that soon after your first!

Vanessa - Welcome back! Good for you for being less connected now! I have to force myself to disconnect from things in the evenings and weekends. If I'm reading a good book it's pretty easy, but then I neglect DH because I'm so obsessed with reading. I'm glad you figured some things out with your chart. I chart with FF and TCOYF, and I like that I can compare the two with each other.

emski - If you're getting ready to O, then a lower temp really doesn't matter that much anyway. It really only messes things up if your temp is abnormally high. Even then, you can just ignore the temp if necessary. It makes sense to have a lower temp if you temp earlier than normal. for you to O soon!

AFM - Yesterday the spotting was very, very light, so that's good. I got the feeling it was just left-over from Thurs. So I'm trying to stay as positive as I can. I've tentatively decided that if I don't get a BFP this cycle, I'm going to start training for a half marathon. I have some friends that are doing it and it'd be fun to have someone to run with. I did the Outer Banks half marathon last Nov. If I run this year, it'll be a half in Raleigh. I think having something like that to focus on would be a good distraction for me.

Regarding this thread... I am going to add a statement to the first post that says we will add people early in their cycle (pre-O). That way, we can get to know everyone and cheer them on during the 2ww. I hope this is okay... if you have an opinion on this and you don't want to post it on the board, please PM me!

#207 of 269 Old 07-24-2010, 08:31 AM

Which half marathon will you be running in Raleigh? I've been looking for one.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#208 of 269 Old 07-24-2010, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Emski - It's the City of Oaks - http://www.cityofoaksmarathon.com/. Do you run a lot? If we both decide to do this, maybe we could do some long runs together on the weekend. I usually run alone, but it'd be nice to have someone else to run with!

#209 of 269 Old 07-24-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Rebecca - Welcome to the group! Do you chart? If you do, I can add a link to your chart on the first page. Are your twins identical or fraternal? I imagine it was quite a shock to find out you were having twins that soon after your first!
Hi, Yes it was a shock to find out we were having twins. We kept joking saying" haha, wouldn't it be funny if we had twins" The joke was on us But it shouldn't really of been such a shock because there are alot of twins on both side of my family(i think 4 sets so far!) They are Fraternal and barely even look like brothers. They were pretty big weight-wise at birth(at least on the twin scale) at 7-3/6-15( born at 37weeks).

I do chart but not religiously. I don't keep track of my temperature. Here are a couple charts that I tried

http://www.freeovulationcalendar.net...sMP=28&josML=6

http://www.ovulation-calendar.net/ov...se=14&gender=2

So according to my charts O is due on the Aug.3rd but won't be able to test until the 17th. The last 2 pregnancies I got pregnant in the 1st month trying( yes, i'm one of those lucky women), So heres hoping

Rebecca, Veggie mama of 3 little maniacs Hannah~22/12/2005 Callum~28/12/2006 Benjamin~28/12/2006 ~~~Our newest addition will be joining us mid-late April 2011!!!!
#210 of 269 Old 07-24-2010, 05:44 PM

Deleted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page