July 30-Something Mamas TTC #2 or more - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2010, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have made a few posts on mdc so it is time for me to join this thread. Am on CD 10, usually don't O until CD18 but I have some new OPKs so will probably just check tomorrow - it is so hard feeling like there is nothing to do but wait. Of course, after O, the TTW becomes the worst time in the world! That wait does drive you nuts!

slinkyfish so sorry about the bfns and heavy AF. It can be perfectly normal to take a few months. Your mind can know that but sometimes it does not help the heart very much.

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 AM

Can someone please look at my chart and help me figure out what is going on with my body? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15950b

I thought I was post O, but now I'm not sure.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 AM

I am mymaya, and I have been lurking here for a while, so it's time to introduce myself. I am 38, mom to DS (9), and DD (6 next week). I thought I was done. but my heart is proving me wrong...... so long story short, here I am, excited to say, TTC#3!!!!! this is my second month trying. here is a link to my chart- http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1bdc8

both births were unwanted c-sections (second birth an unsuccessful VBAC attempt). I am hoping and dreaming of a HBA2C, but know that my chances are very very small..... but first, let's get that baby on board!

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Mymaya, 40, mom to DS (11) and DD (8) and Maya, born September 17th, 2012.

"live and let live in peace" is one I like...... but behind my own home's doors, I breast feed on demand, hold my babies till my arms drop, travel the world with them and play music all day..... 

Old 07-29-2010, 09:56 AM

OK, I need to vent again! Sorry this is happening a lot!

Where the heck is my O?!? Still freakin' waiting for it, if it'll even happen. Getting very discouraged my body is broken . CD 19 today, and nothing. This sucks.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
OK, I need to vent again! Sorry this is happening a lot!

Where the heck is my O?!? Still freakin' waiting for it, if it'll even happen. Getting very discouraged my body is broken . CD 19 today, and nothing. This sucks.
s you're not broken! its coming soon!!! maybe even already?

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mollie - Maybe today is going to be O day? I see you still have EWCM, so at least your body seems to be gearing up for it. Do you check CP too? Are you using OPKs twice a day? for you to O soon.

mymaya - Welcome! I'll add you to the group!

Emski - Sorry, I can't tell what's going on either. I definitely don't see a convincing thermal shift yet.

EllyMayMomma - Welcome! Yes, all the waiting in this process sucks!

sriddle - Welcome to you too! So sorry about your chemical pregnancy.

slinky - Big hugs to you. AF sucks and heavy AF is the worst. I know how you feel. I was completely certain that we'd get pregnant really quickly too. I'm pretty sure we're beyond the "got pregnant right away" point, by any standards. Oh well. As much as I hate the long wait, it will be worth it in the end.

atnightingale - Welcome!

jr'smom - Sorry about AF.

Carolina Kel - If you want to get serious about charting, I recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. FertilityFriend.com also has tutorials that can be really helpful. GL!

AFM - 12 dpo and my temps are still up, but BFN this morning. I've only had 1 other cycle where my temps were still up at 12 dpo, and they dropped on 13 dpo and AF started that day. So I imagine the same thing will happen tomorrow. If my temps are still up, I'll test again. And I have the RE appointment tomorrow, so I'll be able to get the opinion of a professional about what's going on with my body.

So yesterday I had bright red bleeding first thing in the AM again, but it stopped right away. Then I had nothing all day, then some dark spotting in the PM. Same thing happened this morning - bright red, I thought maybe it was AF finally, but it stopped again. I'm confused, but I'm not really frustrated anymore. I'm just ready to get some answers!

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

I am using OPK's, like 3x a day, and the test lines are barely there. Not even close to Oing soon, I guess. I do have a lot of EWCM, but that's about it.

Callie - glad your temps are still up! It's a good sign, despite the darn bleeding . I'm hoping you get some answers tomorrow. What time is your appt? I hope I can hear an update before I go to work.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mollie - Ugh, so frustrating!! When you get a +OPK, do you normally get a few days of darker tests before it's positive? I will be keeping everything crossed for you to O soon.

My appointment is at 11:15 tomorrow. I have no idea how long it will take. What time do you go to work? I imagine I'll be able to update you guys by 2:00 or so, depending on how work is going.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM

I leave at about 1:30 pm, but I can check as soon as I get home. Wish I could use internet at work!

The lines get gradually darker for me, but who knows, maybe I'll get a + one out of the blue.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Callie, s sending you lots of good vibes for tomorrow

Mollie, maybe you just have a bad set of opk's? you can totally get a dark line out of the blue. Don't give up

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 07-29-2010, 11:40 PM

I'm thinking it could be the brand - it's not one I usually use, but got them super cheap through a co-op. I'll be ordering the usual kind for next cycle, if I don't get a BFP, but I'm not at all hopeful.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:08 PM

Callie - thinking good thoughts for you today ! Hope you get some answers!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 PM

EllyMayMomma: Welcome to the thread

emski4379: that must be a frustrating chart for you. Have you thought about tracking more things then just temps?

mymaya: C-sections are horrible, and I'm hoping for a vbac as well. Welcome to the thread.

Mollie: Wow your temps have barely any fluctuation, I wonder why your O is being delayed. Were you the one that went on vacation last month? Long flight alway screw with my cycle.

Callie: Thinking of you today. Hope your appointment is going well. Do you want me to help with the thread next month or are you keeping on with it?

AFM: 5dpo just waiting, praying and over analyzing
Old 07-30-2010, 04:01 PM

Kat- nope, never took a trip. I have no idea what the hold up is. This would be my first O after the M/C, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:28 PM

forthekids123-Other than tracking CM, what else could I track?

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 07-30-2010, 04:53 PM

quick check in...I'm sorry I haven't read through all the posts (I'm horrid, I know )

AF showed on the 18th last month and I'm leading up to ovulation now...but seems like getting dh home long enough to make an attempt is reallllly not working. He has worked for 12 days straight! ah well...

So keep me on the list and I'll try to be more present here.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

My appt went fine. I liked the doctor okay. I got the feeling that she thought I was a little obessive or crazy or something, and she's probably right. I kind of had the feeling that she thought I didn't belong there b/c it's only been 7-8 cycles of trying. Even though she understood the spotting issues, I don't think she really got how bad it is. She never asked me to describe what it was like, and I didn't realize that until I left. I mean, some people say spotting and they mean that they wiped and there was a little pink on the paper. When I say spotting, often it means that I start bleeding, think it's my period, then it stops within the hour. You know? Anyway, it probably doesn't matter that much.

She saw that all my hormone levels looked good, but my prolactin hadn't been tested. So we went ahead and tested that today. She gave me an Rx for prometrium so I can get it filled at Target instead of going to the compounding pharmacy, and told me to double my dose, so I'll be doing 100 mg twice a day next cycle. She wants me to do that for 3-4 more cycles and if I'm not pregnant come back. Of course, if the prolactin level is off, she'll let me know and we'll treat that. If the progesterone alone doesn't help and I'm not pregnant in 3-4 more cycles, she wants me to come back and we can discuss clomid and having a saline ultrasound.

AF still hasn't shown up yet. My spotting is getting a little heavier though, and I'm sure AF will be here soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a quick update!

Kat - Please do take the thread for August. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts today. I'll be back for personals later.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 PM

I'm new to this board. Just starting TTC #3 (next month/next cycle). This will be our last, which makes me sad. I have a 6yo DD and a 3 yo DD (who will be 7 and 4 this fall.) DD 3 was born with a Congenital Heart Defect. She's had 4 surgeries from birth to age 3. She appears to be stable now (Knock on Wood!) so we think we're finally ready to try again. Really hoping this goes quickly, being over 30 and all!

Sarah, Mommy to DD age 6, DD age3 , and TTC #3.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 PM

shruley: Congrats on the start of your TTC#3 journey!!!

Callie: Why is the Doctor taking the wait and see approach, I hate that approach!!!! The bleeding is not normal, it should give you a free pass to the ultrasound etc. But I think the doctor would think I was obsessive too!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Kat - She said that she think if it were polyps or fibroids, I'd have bleeding in the follicular phase as well as the LP. Since all of my spotting is in the LP, she thinks it's more likely to be a hormonal issue, which is why she's testing the prolactin and we're increasing the progesterone. If I had told her I wanted to go ahead and do the u/s she would have scheduled it for me, I'm sure.

shruley - Welcome! GL with TTC #3! I'm glad DD2 seems too be out of the woods now!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM

BFN today... Both Trystan and I were pretty bummed, but we're trying to stay positive.

When I got to talk to RJ, I told him about the BFN, and to cheer me up he said that maybe I've got a ninja in there that's trying to avoid detection!

Hoping that I am still early because I'm still crampy, tired and nauseous. Totally have to start charting for next month if we missed the O-train. LOL

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Callie-I hope she can help you find some answers quickly.

Carolina Kel-HUGS.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 PM

Hi all! Just popping in to say...Happy Friday! Loooonnnng week at work - and found out I have to fly to Toronto week after next. Super concerned that I'll ovulate then..grrrrr. Hang in there everyone!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
She gave me an Rx for prometrium so I can get it filled at Target instead of going to the compounding pharmacy, and told me to double my dose, so I'll be doing 100 mg twice a day next cycle.
We can be prometrium buddies Callie! My nurse practitioner FINALLY called me back after I called in on Monday to ask about my weekend hpt nonsense. She thought I had probably had a blighted ovum and wants me to start on progesterone from O to AF every month. On the one hand, I was thankful that we were doing SOMETHING to address the whole 3-day pre-period spotting. On the other hand, didn't we just test my progesterone and have it come up normal? The more I try to figure this out, the more mysterious it all seems.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will do the trick for us! Who cares why!

Me (31) married to M (37). Loving little MD 3/09 and TTC #2 since 5/10.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:15 AM

Callie - so glad it wasn't too terrible for you. I hope the prometrium does the trick. I was taking 200mg/day when I was on it. The wait-&-see approach sucks though.

Nothing new from me, still waiting to O, still -OPK's .

Old 07-31-2010, 10:44 AM

Mollie, I'm hanging out with you. I'm at cd 16 and so far the OPK's have not given me an inkling that something is about to happen. It's frustrating because the last few months its been spot on day 14, though the one before that was day 18. And so we wait.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:30 AM

Ugh, so sorry Michelle! I hope we get some +OPK's soon, this is just torture waiting.

ETA: Better jump over to the August thread!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM

ugggghhh I don't even know if I ovulated this time. Would my toddler deciding to nurse 24-7 all of a sudden delay or suppress ovulation? No, I don't chart, generally I can tell...I got my usual abdominal mittelshmertziness (how do ya like that new word? ) but I didn't get a whole lot of ewcm this time. any input?

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 PM

Looks like I need to move to 2WW!!! Pos OPK tonight - kind of surprised me because not expecting it until tomorrow but not complaining. Well, time to get the kids to bed!

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.

User Tag List