The fabulous ONE thread- July 4-10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread - July 4th-10th!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all TTCers on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
babygrey
bootsvalentine
Cherrie
enigo
-Jenn-
jenniferadurham
Keria
littlest birds
MahnaMahna
maxnmaizy
meander
MelungeonMW
miriam_bat_avraham
Moonfireglow
raindaisie
slylives
SML27
Sweet.Bee
sweetest77
Tara2
Tear78
Vivica2
WTHamI?

Waiting to Know (2ww)
Blanca78
CLH X3
Evergreen
karmamamaa
KingsDaughter76
Kyamo
lazykate
Lydiah
MommyMatsumoto
Neuromancer
samy23
scarletjane
SimplyRochelle
Spinnerette
Stevi

Waiting and Not Stressing
karmab
Tulpen88

Waiting for Aunt Flo
MrsMike

In our thoughts and hearts
MI_Dawn

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating husband to be ready
HulaJenn
jojobean
M.Q.
sleepingbeauty

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
I Need Coffee

Waiting to be Ready
bolobear
elonwy
lovebug

~PREGNANT~

July BFPs!
Banana731
forest~mama
Virginia884

June BFPs!
BunnyMcFluff
ChristineEileen
hollytheteacher
mommytoallh
Ravin

May BFPs!
AdalynsMama
•Adorkable•
annablue
DaddyM

finnegansmom
myk
nintendork

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Happy 4th of July everyone! Let's hope those fireworks double as celebration for more BFPs!

Congrats to Virginia and Forest Mama!

#3 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Ahhhhh what's going on with my body?!???

Yesterday morning I had a neg opk, done another one about 2 ish and that was alot darker I then did a clearblue digi and a cheapie about 4pm the cheapie line was dark but not as dark as the 2pm one buttt my CBD had a smile so I put a + on my chart.

Did another CBD and a cheapie about 8 ish both were a neg.

Today - iv had neg on my CBD all day and neg cheapies all day ... ???

My tempos still low today so maybe I'm Oing today? And had a really short surge ... I have a little bit of ewcm but nothing to shout about at all ?

What do all you guys think ?? Ahhh help

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#4 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 12:20 PM

My cervix is not high either it's about medium and I can't tell if it's open or not. I will bd today though just incase ..

Ohhh and Ta for the new thread

#5 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
it seems to me like if you had a smily on your CBD i would go with that one. so id say youl ov in the next 48 hours! your cervix may move up tomorow for o day.

good luck!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#6 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 01:06 PM

I say BD, just in case!

I only got one + OPK this cycle, and my cervix didn't feel as open as it usually does, but I am fairly certain that I O'ed.

So yeah, BD!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#7 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 01:08 PM

Well, I am 8 DPO today and got a faint line... on a BLUE DYE TEST. I am perfectly aware of how crappy they are, but I still have plenty of them and they are good for satisfying the POAS urge.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

#8 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeminijad View Post
Well, I am 8 DPO today and got a faint line... on a BLUE DYE TEST.

congrats!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#9 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 01:20 PM

cl - keep on keepin on. of course a pos opk does not guarantee an o, so keep temping and opking and checking cm/cp and bd'ing till you know for sure.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#10 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 04:35 PM

Thanks for the new thread and congrats to the July BFPs!

CD21 here, my SIXTH day of EWCM and no O in sight. Please let it come today or tomorrow--I think I'm wearing DH out. I'm traveling and I think that's why it's delayed but still it's frustrating. Has anyone had good luck w/Vitex for moving O up? I average about day 20.

Also, any thermometer recommendations? I don't think my current one is accurate (it reads in jumps, giving the same odd decimal measures every time and nothing in between, like it always says 97.45 and 97.18 but never 97.4 or 97.35, for example).

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#11 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 04:42 PM

I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday, as my temp went up though not drastically, and this is the latest that I ever ovulate. I also think I may have felt ovulation pain yesterday evening--it was a sharp, shooting pain that lasted only a moment and was very localized in my right side. Can anyone else who experiences ovulation pain tell me what it feels like? I don't know if I'm actually feeling it, or just interpreting something else wrong.

Please move me to Waiting to Know, in any case!

K, 26, married to D, 27, still trying to conceive our first child after a 7 week loss in January 2011
#12 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM

CLH_X3, I can't really help, as this is my first cycle with OPKs, but I hope you figure things out soon.

vivica2, have you peed on anything yet today?

Still negative OPKs for me (CD18), so I guess I won't ovulate tomorrow as I guessed. Is there something wrong with me that I O so late and have almost zero EWCM? I have a 13-14 day LP and watery, but humph! I think my cycles used to be much shorter before.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#13 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
jeminijad I hope its a true blue BFP!!!

LazyKate I think O pain can be different for everyone. I get a dull ache in my belly for a couple days right after I O, but some women experience what you experience.

I am about 5 DPO and I have the worst stomach ache. I had one yesterday too. I dont think it means anything but it does hurt. I have to take like 5 or 6 tums to get it to subside.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
#14 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 06:23 PM

kate- i feel o pain most months (i think anytime it happens when i am awake, i will feel it) a sharp shooting pain could be it, or gas, hard to say, but if it's the right time, in the right area, i think it's likely. i sometimes get an occasional achey pain that comes and goes for a couple days before, and when i o, it's a sharper pain that lasts about 15-20 mins. then sometimes i feel the corpus luteal cyst afterward, i guess mine tend to get big, and i especially feel it when i stretch or do a situp motion during the 2ww. when i was pg with #3, i sat up quick and burst the corpus luteum when i was 9 wks. that wasnt fun. but it turned out ok.

#15 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
Has anyone had good luck w/Vitex for moving O up? I average about day 20.
i had great luck with it! moved me from day 20 ish to day 15 ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
vivica2, have you peed on anything yet today?

IC's im holding out with 2 blue dye tests on days 8 +9 and FRERs on days 10 and 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post

I am about 5 DPO
cycle buddy!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#16 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 06:39 PM

KingsDaughter76
Banana731
Kyamo
Lydiah

cycle buddies!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#17 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 06:39 PM

I have one $ store test in the house. I'm going to test at the end of next week, or when Vivica gets a BFP. Whichever comes first

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#18 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Good luck to the ladies entering the TWW. AF showed today. Bummer. I am trying not to be too disappointed. After all it was only our first try. This month we will just have to do it MORE around ovulation.
It was hopeful to have a 12 day LP, though. That is on the longer end of things for me. Please move me to waiting to ovulate.

Littlest Birds- Having any symptoms either way? Have you tested yet?

Radical student midwife and doula. Expecting our first lovebug 9/2011
#19 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry MelungeonMW

#20 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 PM

7 DPO for me and not too much to report- I am enjoying not temping and just relaxing thru this part of my cycle. I really don't feel anything symptom wise....think not obsessing is really helping me not get my hopes all up and think I am "feeling" stuff...lol! I will probably start testing in a day or so...cause I have to catch an +'s right away so I can start my meds.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#21 of 223 Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the new thread! Really looking forward to O'ing this week.

Here's the weird stuff (what's new with my charts, ha):

I'm at CD11, waiting to O around CD14 or 16. Got a huge temp spike this morning, so I'm waiting to see whether I O'd at CD10 (!) or whether it's a one-off. Bad news is, we only got one BD in at CD8 so I hold no hope for this cycle at all. Sigh.
#22 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 AM

3 DPO today, FF gave me dotted crosshairs Im guessing that's because my temp was high-ish a few days before O...

My boobs started getting sore yesterday, which is way earlier than they usually do....I think that usually happens around 7 DPO..but I could be wrong as I don't keep record of that since it's usually an AF arriving soon sign.

It can be a pregnancy sign though for some people too....so maybe....just maybe or is it too early even for that? agh Im driving myself crazy already!

Anyone else at 3 DPO? any cycle buddies?

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#23 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 07:17 AM

GRRRRR I wrote a nice long post and POOOOF GONE!

start again ...

Temp still down, so no O yet for Moi, which is good, il get another BD in tonight!

Had abit ov O pain late last night so I took a opk with FMU and the lines starting to get darker again, will be taking another one in an hour ish time, see how im 'progessing'

Thanks for everyones in-put im guessing I was going to O and then I just didnt! but its better I didnt to be honest better BD timing now! and I rememeber asking my body to NOT ovulate on the weekend pretty please, low and behold it listened, so on that note body please Ovulate tomorrow. Thank you

I did write lots more in my other post but I got work to do now, so Il write more later!!

#24 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
KingsDaughter76
Banana731
Kyamo
Lydiah

cycle buddies!!!

I am back home now so I will be around more. I am 9DPO and my temps are really high, so my hopes are higher than they probably should be given the poor timing. I'm off for a progesterone test now so the doc can tell I ovulated and will renew my clomid prescription. Hopefully before he leaves on vacation!

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#25 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 AM

cl- i was just reading about this. here's what amandabears says about fmu opks, just for informational purposes....

http://www.amandabears.com/opks-and-...ing-urine.html

i have used fmu in the past and it has never caused a problem for me, but often how it would work was the first fmu one would be almost pos, then it would turn pos in the afternoon. if i did first fmu the next day or day after, it would still be pos, turning neg in the afternoon. no big deal there. but we have all seen how opks can give some ladies absolute fits, either staying pos for days on end (which could be from pcos or some other reason, or it could be from a case like this and using fmu) or going neg then pos more than once (which could, i think, be from separate surges and maybe even mult. o's,) or all kinds of situations. in any case- im really thinking fmu opks are not worth the confusion they can cause. either they may be falsely neg at the start of the surge because it's not metabolized till morning, in which case it's a wasted stick, or falsely neg because it's concentrated fmu and it shouldnt really be reading pos quite yet.

for me, when i think it's about to go pos, i do 3 a day until i catch it- 11 am, 2 pm, 6 pm, or thereabouts. once it's pos, i check at 2 pm till it goes neg.

#26 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
cl- i was just reading about this. here's what amandabears says about fmu opks, just for informational purposes....

http://www.amandabears.com/opks-and-...ing-urine.html

i have used fmu in the past and it has never caused a problem for me, but often how it would work was the first fmu one would be almost pos, then it would turn pos in the afternoon. if i did first fmu the next day or day after, it would still be pos, turning neg in the afternoon. no big deal there. but we have all seen how opks can give some ladies absolute fits, either staying pos for days on end (which could be from pcos or some other reason, or it could be from a case like this and using fmu) or going neg then pos more than once (which could, i think, be from separate surges and maybe even mult. o's,) or all kinds of situations. in any case- im really thinking fmu opks are not worth the confusion they can cause. either they may be falsely neg at the start of the surge because it's not metabolized till morning, in which case it's a wasted stick, or falsely neg because it's concentrated fmu and it shouldnt really be reading pos quite yet.

for me, when i think it's about to go pos, i do 3 a day until i catch it- 11 am, 2 pm, 6 pm, or thereabouts. once it's pos, i check at 2 pm till it goes neg.
Thanks for the link, intresting, Iv never thought of it that way.

Iv also used FMU with OPK but only when Iv done a OPK the night before as well. Like you I do about 3 OPK a day, sometimes FMU only when im expecting it then 11, then 2ish and then 6-7 ish so the same as yourself really.

for example, today FMU, darker line then yesterday evening, 11.30 about the same but a tad darker and iv now just got a + at 2.20pm i will also test again tonight about 6 to see if its darker or not.

Im guessing, and I hope you agree by my chart I have not ovulated yet

#27 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Good luck Kyamo...let us know how it goes.

Samy...I get sore boobs anywhere from 1dpo all the way through, so I know how it can screw with your mind! Wishing you lots of babydust!

Kingsdaughter...did you test this morning with FMU? I'm totally stalking you!

AFM...false alarm on the O front. Temp was back down to normal levels. I wonder what made it spike like that? It's been really hot here recently, but we had air con and the fan going, just like other nights. Weird.

Thankfully, that means more BDing to be had. I'm on CD12 today, and am hoping to O around CD14-16. I'm also hoping to get my cheapie tests from saveontests.com before then!
#28 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread!

How was everyone's 4th of July? I've got my fingers x-ed for a bunch of you!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#29 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 12:50 PM

We had an fun holiday. Got to see some fireworks, pet some goats, and hear an old do-wop band. The Reflections My mom would have hit the fan if she were here!

So um my chart, yeah, it's wacky. Either I am going triphasic early or I have Malaria. My temps are ridiculously high. I temp vaginally, so I expect it to be higher, but come on! I'm not actually feverish. I think it's got to be my thermometer. I'm gonna toss it after this cycle and get a new one.

It would be awfully unfair to not be pregnant and have a random triphasic chart anyway. I'm just saying.

#30 of 223 Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Banana FWIW I have the exact opposite--my temps are ridiculously low. I have not hit 98 degrees ever after charting three cycles, not even post-O. I have low blood pressure and wonder if my normal resting body is super-slowed down and that lowers my temp.

Anyway, can I be moved to waiting to O please? Thanks. AF surprised me early with a short cycle and LP. My average has been 13 days in the past, but I had one short cycle before I started charting too. I think my cycle is starting to change with age. I am only 34 but that seems like what it must be. I am just KMFX that all will work out for us with a BFP soon.

My BBs usually get sore and a little big about 9 dpo through to CD 2 or 3. It was so weird this time because I usually have about 5 days before AF and this time it was 2 days and boom. I thought I had possible implantation spotting before I went to bed but the next morning she was here. You never know till afterwards

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page