cramping a few days after ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never experienced anything like this before. I am 4dpo and have been having mild cramping for the last few days. I'm temping, taking opk's, and checking cervical position and mucus, on the day of o I felt lots of normal o cramping and it did go away like normal. Anyone else have anything like this? I'm sure it's WAY to early for implantation (I did feel implantation with my last pregnany that ended in miscarriage on June 10th).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 07-06-2010, 12:55 PM

I have always felt implantation and had spotting when it happened for all my pregnancies- full term and miscarriages. But 4 dpo would be early for implantation. Are you sure of your O date? I am definitely more aware of all my body sensations when I am TTC. I drive myself nuts!

#3 of 17 Old 07-06-2010, 01:02 PM

4dpo is NOT too early for implantation. Implantation can happen anywhere from 3dpo (when the fertilized zygote is finally developed enough to attach to the uterine wall) through about a day and half before your period is due (based on luteal phase length, not cycle length), though the mid range of 5-7dpo is the most common. It is fairly rare to implant 3/4dpo but it is not impossible. Generally women who get extremely early BFPs (such as myself and a few others I have seen to get them at a confirmed 6dpo) usually implanted extremely early (3/4dpo)

Of course... the cramping could just be from your body producing progesterone, or something you ate, overexerting yourself, dehydration, psychosomatic, etc.

The only way to know for sure if it was even possibly implantation is to get a BFP pregnancy test.

Good luck!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 17 Old 07-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Sorry in advance mamaw/two for highjacking your thread. I also had pink/brownish discharge yestserday at 5DPO and a little today at 6DPO. I don't remember having it in Jan so I was searching threads for info about implantation bleeding.

MaerynPearl ~ So it sounds like a getting a BFP is dependent on when you implant not necessarily at what DPO you are. If that is true, how long after implantation would you expect a BFP?

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#5 of 17 Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
Sorry in advance mamaw/two for highjacking your thread. I also had pink/brownish discharge yestserday at 5DPO and a little today at 6DPO. I don't remember having it in Jan so I was searching threads for info about implantation bleeding.

MaerynPearl ~ So it sounds like a getting a BFP is dependent on when you implant not necessarily at what DPO you are. If that is true, how long after implantation would you expect a BFP?
anywhere from 2 days to a week, depending on how fast your body metabolizes the hCG.

I had very clear implantation at 6dpo and did not get my first very faint bfp until 13dpo! Other ladies, who get theirs earlier, can get them as soon as 2 days after implantation.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 17 Old 07-15-2010, 04:10 PM

I could have written this. I am 4DPO today, and I've had pretty strong cramps all day. When I told my husband, he said, "maybe you're pregnant."

I had thought it too early for implantation, but maybe not? mamaw/two, did you end up pregnant this cycle?

Good luck to you too, GolfAddict! The spotting sounds promising.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#7 of 17 Old 07-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
I could have written this. I am 4DPO today, and I've had pretty strong cramps all day. When I told my husband, he said, "maybe you're pregnant."

I had thought it too early for implantation, but maybe not? mamaw/two, did you end up pregnant this cycle?

Good luck to you too, GolfAddict! The spotting sounds promising.
Thats great Bee!! Maybe this is your cycle. I am still having fertile CM so my hopes are way down again. I don't think its happening to me without some serious help.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#8 of 17 Old 07-17-2010, 02:50 AM

I am 4 dpo and I've had mild cramps since O. I've read it's a good sign. good luck ladies, hope we get BFPs this month!

Cherrie-21 TTC #1 DH-29
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me" Phil 4:13
#9 of 17 Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
mamaw/two, did you end up pregnant this cycle?
Nope. I was so sure I would be, I had my miscarriage on june 10th and this was the first o after that, I had heard that you are more fertile after. Oh well, back to my tons of herbs and vitamins...

Good luck to the rest of you
#10 of 17 Old 07-21-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post
Nope. I was so sure I would be, I had my miscarriage on june 10th and this was the first o after that, I had heard that you are more fertile after. Oh well, back to my tons of herbs and vitamins...

Good luck to the rest of you
I am so sorry!! Can I ask what all herbs and vitamins you take?

Wife to a wonderful man,cd.gif ,lactivist.gif,femalesling.GIF,familybed2.gif,hbac.gif,belly.gif, planning a uc.jpg in November!

#11 of 17 Old 07-23-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrie View Post
I am 4 dpo and I've had mild cramps since O. I've read it's a good sign. good luck ladies, hope we get BFPs this month!
Think I'm 4 dpo as well (one site charted me as that FF yet has to decide what I am... I think I'm 4dpo as the night before I'd have o'ed I saw a lot of cm... and we BD a second time and nothing fell out. Normally it's down legs and such)

Anyway to the point... I've been weak and cramping all day. I swear it feels like AF wants to show up 2 days early.

Here's hoping it is a good sign for all of us!
#12 of 17 Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Did any of you guys get a bfp this month? Or is it too early too tell....

Im getting mild cramping and af symptoms (wanting to eat eggs and chocolate) on 4dpo. Just started taking progesterone tho...just thought id add my experience...
Maya

ps. if anyone gets a bfp, please let us know :-)
#13 of 17 Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasemele View Post
I am so sorry!! Can I ask what all herbs and vitamins you take?
Well, the vitamins I take are pretty run of the mill, just in high doses (I've been nursing and/or pregnant for more then 9 yrs). I take high potency multi vitamins as well as enzymatic therapy's b complex, 10,000 iu vit d, cal mag zinc complex, and of course prenatal dha. As for herbs, I rotate them during the month in the first part I take red clover, royal honey (not an herb), maca, and a fertility blend of herbs that can only be taken for one week.Through out the month I take red raspberry leaf and vitex. Most of this stuff that I take is also to help balance hormones and helped me get my thyroid and adrenals working better, they always get sluggish after having a baby, after 6 monthes of taking this stuff my #'s are back in the normal range!
#14 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post
Did any of you guys get a bfp this month? Or is it too early too tell....

Im getting mild cramping and af symptoms (wanting to eat eggs and chocolate) on 4dpo. Just started taking progesterone tho...just thought id add my experience...
Maya

ps. if anyone gets a bfp, please let us know :-)
Sorry mamaw/two to hear that. I'm sure your body is just getting ready for a great term..

Hi Maya:

I am in the same boat-- anxiously waiting for other signs in the upcoming days. I haven't had any cramps like these before so early in the cycle and quite strange, pulling sensation esp. on the left side but get a bit of the right one too. I feel good that it's mostly on the left so I dont have to run to emergency room thinking of appendicitis, at the same time can't wait for another week to rule out any other possible causes like cysts or what not.
#15 of 17 Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM

oh I am so excited today -- I had to share it with you --

last night I was making watermelon gazpacho (I love it in these hot summer days) and I couldn't get myself to clean or handle cilantro.. I had such a heightened sense of smell that I had to wash my hands with three diferent soaps because I couldn't stand the smell of my rosemary liquid soap....

after two spoons of a spicy gazpacho, I kept burping for four hours, It wasn't more spicey than usually when I would have the whole bowl of it and some more.. I get hungry but after two spoon s I feel full

It seems that my signs (progesterone/hormonal rush) get really pronounced in the evening, as today I am just emotional but not very much smell sensitive. I could get close to the cilantro this morning lol

oh, here is my FF chart so far..I was even thinking of not temping any more these mornings, since it only interrupts my morning sleep. My mind wants to wake up on time for that, and today I was up half an hour before the alarm clock thinking of ot lol If the temp are going to rise/drop fine, but it seems that I wouldn't know much from temping at this point forward....

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/i...hp?interface=0

I would love to hear from the others if they are experiencing any signs. I know I am obsessing over this, can't help it. Slow work week too.
#16 of 17 Old 03-26-2014, 05:59 PM

Hi ladies!!! I have also been experiencing cramping since I ovulated I am now 3dpo and it has become less frequent and more mild but the first two days it was pretty painful and lasted all day, I've also been having back pain. So fingers crossed I can get a BFP soon my husband and I really want to be blessed with a little one!(:
#17 of 17 Old 04-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I found this cite after I googled the question. I've been experiencing cramping in my bottom, pelvic area and lower back. All symptoms similar to whn AF is getting ready to come. My OPK was positive two days ago, so I thought I was just obsessing. Very comforting to know I'm not the only one. I guess we all have to wait and see. Any BFP's yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page