Need some help with charting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-10-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all! First time post in this forum. My husband and I have 2 girls and we're going to try for a 3rd soon and am hoping it is a boy. (side note - I also have a 3rd girl from a previous relationship who is the oldest) I seem to get pregnant VERY easily as with my 2nd 2 girls, I got pregnant on our first try to actually get pregnant.

Anyway, after going through all the options in gender selection, we have settled on trying The Shettles Method. So 1 1/2 months ago, I started ovulating. So I have done 2 rounds basically of my ovulating and I've been taking my temp. every morning and charting my CM. My CM last month happened for 3 days and I noticed that it was in the beginning very light amounts and then heavy and then gone. This month it appeared for 2 days and was very light and then heavy and thick and then gone. The Shettles book says that it should eventually appear to be cloudy. I never noticed it to go a cloudy state. Anyone know what they are talking about? Mine seems to be light, then thick and then gone.

So that's my first question. My second question is when during those 2-3 days am I actually ovulating? According to Shettles, I think if I'm remembering it correctly, I need to know 12 hours before I ovulate to have sex to try for a boy. So I'm trying to figure out when that would be for next month to get the ball rolling here. I'm 39 so not getting any younger! So once you see CM have you already ovulated? Or does it have to get thick first? Or what?

Oh and my temp. seems to be all over the board during the month, however, it does fall at the time I see the first CM and then rises over the next couple of days when I continue to see CM.

Thanks much for any help!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page