O day and +opk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2010, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it possible to get a +opk after you O? I got 3 +opk's on CD15. (am, afternoon, and pm) Then a + in the am only on CD16. FF has set my O day as CD15. (although there is some confusion with my temp on that day. I had 2 temps and wasn't sure exactly which one to put in)

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 09:28 PM

yes, that am on cd16 was probably just leftover lh, metabolized earlier. it's a good question though. i think there are a couple ways to test/record opks, it's one of those ambiguous things. here's a couple ideas:

1. record the trend- in other words, if you are testing 2-3 times a day (which is a smart idea until you get that positive) chart the trend... you get a negative in the am and a positive in the afternoon- it's trending positive. the next day it's pos in the morning and pos in the afternoon, chart pos of course, the day after that, it's pos in the am and neg in the afternoon- it's trending negative so chart neg.

that's how i used to do it. here's how i do it now, and i prefer it this way-

2. test 2-3 times a day (between 11 am and 8 pm or so) until you get a pos. after that, test once a day around 2 pm (this is statistically the "best" time of the day for opks) and record the result. then i continue testing opks until i get crosshairs after they go neg, once/day, because i have seen too many instances when people get one positive opk, think they are o'ing, and they dont. that's when the confusion really kicks in.

and just as a side note- never use first morning urine for an opk. you will hear ladies say that works for them, but it is technically in inaccurate result, due to the way our kidneys filter urine while we sleep and the way our brains secrete lh- the combo doesnt work, so to keep from being frustrated, i'd suggest you just dont do it. (the exception is the one brand that instructs you to- that test actually tests something in addition to lh as well, and i have no experience with that brand so i cant say much about it.)

good luck!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thank-you so much for this info! I have been using opk for 4 cycles now, but this is my first month temping/charting. (had never even heard of it until TTC #5) I will have to try your #2 suggestion next cycle And yeah, I never use FMU, I always test around 10-11am. My original question might have been for nothing now because FF has moved my O day to CD 16 (??) I didn't change any temps again, just added this am's temp. (CD19) Does anyone know why that happened? Does FF do that a lot? I will attempt to post a link to my chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f9601

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 AM

I don't know anything about OPKs we have yet to use them, but yes FF often changes O date. This past month it changed it more than 3 times. I had no idea when I actually oed or when to expect af. Not fun, but I guess it just keeps trying to get the right date based on your data that must have changed.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:53 AM

gummi- do you want to share your chart? and if you have vip ff, you know you can ask them to look at it? (a real expert person instead of the software program)

if you post it on the main thread, there are a lot of women who are very very good at analyzing who could give you an opinion if you want it.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.

User Tag List