The Moon and our cycle and ttc - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed that I oddly got AF three days early when their was a half moon on the ff calendar, and I'm predicted to ovulated at full moon. Is there some science to this or is it all lore? Does the moon effect our cycle really? I'm starting to think it may be true, if so does it effect fertility too?
#2 of 5 Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 PM

There is a definite connection, but not for all women and a lot of things can effect it.

I was always ovulate on the new moon and AF on the full... if you watch a lot of women in the ONE thread are cycling together and its usually within just a few days of the moon cycle... we tend to get a lot of BFPs or AF showing up around both full and new.

As for effecting fertility thats a load of bull, IMHO. As long as you are ovulating with a fairly decent lp length it doesnt matter what phase of the moon its during.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 5 Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 PM

I never noticed it since TTC, but before that AF was due give or take around when the moon was full.
#4 of 5 Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
google it. there is a lot of great info out there, there is even a site about how the moon can affect the ions in your body to help conceive a certain gender.

its pretty cool stuff!

im on a moon cycle too.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#5 of 5 Old 07-20-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummibears View Post
I never noticed it since TTC, but before that AF was due give or take around when the moon was full.
Same here! It was like that before I had kids and finally has gone back to the same cycle, AF being due within a few days of the full moon.

Rebecca, Veggie mama of 3 little maniacs Hannah~22/12/2005 Callum~28/12/2006 Benjamin~28/12/2006 ~~~Our newest addition will be joining us mid-late April 2011!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page