natural remedies for thin lining - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although I haven't had an ultrasound to comfirm, I think I may have a thin uterine lining.Since my AF returned 3 months ago (my DS is nearly 2) my AF has been over in 3 days, when it used to be at least 5 days, and I've noticed the flow is lighter.

I'm worried that it may be the reason I haven't yet had a bfp, despite perfect timing.

I realize I have other factors that are against me - I'm 43 and breastfeeding. However, if I can do something naturally to help thicken the lining, then I'll give it a go.

I've heard red clover will help, as it is the lessening estrogen, as I age, that is making for a lighter period,I believe.

Any other natural remedies gladly accepted.

I'm also having acupuncture.

Thanks!

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was going to say acupuncture. Good luck!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#3 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Red Raspberry Leaf is always good as is Nettle.

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#4 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 10:35 AM

The suggestions in the book The Infertility Cure helped to thicken my uterine lining (I never felt implantation cramping this last pregnancy for the first time ever and I had 3 other pregnancies). But the herbs suggested might not be safe while breastfeeding.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#5 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 PM

you can't make that assumption that because your periods are light, your endometrium is thin. i've known several women who have light, 3 day afs, but under the care of an RE have u/s and have nice thick linings, and have been told by different REs that the heaviness of af and the thickness of the lining do not necessarily going to go hand-in-hand. there are other variables. so it may be so, but it may not be.

but more importantly, do you think this is really a problem? you just don't hear, out of all the things that are done for infertility etc, you just dont hear about treatments for endometrial thinness very often, and when you think about it, beans can implant anywhere. they don't need an endometrium even, at least not as an absolute. they can, unfortunately, implant in your tubes or in your abdomen without any difficulty if something happens on the trip to the uterus. so even a thin endometrium shouldn't be a problem. they are going to be boosting hormones to thicken it anyway.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#6 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM

I am not very familiar with red clover, but as far as the red raspberry leaf, nettle and acupuncture, they would not hurt to try and they do many good things or your body. I do agree with the PP though, a thinner lining probably wont make a diffrence and it might not even be that much thinner. If it is really concerning to you though is it possible for you to have an u/s and have a peak? I would say other factors might be at play, plus it might just take a little more time too. It isn't easy to wait, especially if getting PG in the past was pretty simple. Do you chart or use OPKs? Not everyone ovulates right when cycles return, it can sometimes take a bit for things to regulate.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#7 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies. I do chart and have been ovulating _ I'm having a temp rise, positive opk's and ovulation pain. I suppose I am worrying because my AF has never been like this before.If I wasn't concerned about thin lining and ttc, I'd be happy because it is the first time in my life that I don't get breast tenderness and cramps.AF is a breeze(perhaps because of acupuncture), so if you are right and I shouldn't be concerned, then I'll just try the hebal teas and see how things go.

I think you are right - I am impatient!

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#8 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 PM

I have a similar situation to yours. Prior to having an IUD, I had very heavy periods that lasted 7-8 days. Since I have had my IUD out, I had heavy periods at first and over the months it has gotten progressively lighter. We have been trying 13 months, the timing is right, I have done chinese herbs, acupunture, etc. and have had no luck. Low estrogen levels were suggested to me - with light periods one of the major symptoms (there are a bunch of other symptoms that also fit with me). The research I have done says one of the issues with low estrogen is the lining remains thin, so even if everything else works perfectly (timing is right, egg is fertilized, etc.), you may never get pregnant because there is nowhere for the egg to implant. Sure eggs sometimes end up in the wrong place and implant, but it's not exactly considered the norm. There are labs that can be done to check your levels of estrogen. I have an appointment August 10th.

Here is a good article about estrogen levels being high or low:

http://www.wellsphere.com/pregnancy-...cessity/932460

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

#9 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 04:15 PM

I agree with the pp that it might not be an issue and you won't know until you check it out. So that would be my first step. The next would be to ask your acupuncturist or find one that specializes in fertility and ask them. Mine says as long as I have one medium flow day I'm good.

There is also a thread for us over 40 ladies be sure to stop by they have a wealth of information.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#10 of 11 Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 AM

I've spoken with two RE's that have told me that my flow is not indicative of how thick (or thin) my lining is (or was).

I have extremely light periods and I've had no issues in conceiving.
#11 of 11 Old 08-01-2010, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Oh thankyou Ubermama, that is very reassuring. I'm going to try hard to maintain a very healthy diet and take my supplements and do acupuncture, stay calm, meditate and hopefully soon be pregnant!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page