August 30-Something Mamas TTC #2 or more - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you ladies.. I have never been that lucky to have af return that early... I well try to see what I can find on ppaf...

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 PM

Just a quick update...no big news here. Had a temp drop yesterday (stayed down today too) and a BFN again. So now I am just waiting for AF to arrive...alas, no big b-day for me- we went out to eat at Red Robin and I was a bit down, but am starting to feel a little better.

Callie - Yikes- crazy homebuyers indeed! That is crazy and frustrating.

fambedsingle2.gifAP Mommy to DD 10/07 and DS 7/11
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM

May I sneak in here? I say sneak because I'm really nervous about doing this TTC thing again. I did for 15 months with my DS and a little over 2 years with my DD so I really HATE the process... but DH and I have talked at length for the last month or so and have decided to give it a shot. He wants one more then I do... but it's not the baby I don't want, I DESPERATELY do. I just am scared of the heartbreak every single month... and even more so of birth since I have 2 very traumatic c-sections under my belt and I'm not even sure I'm ready to think about the birth part right now... once (if) I get pregnant, I will figure out how I am going to deal with all of that. So today is CD 8 and so far we've DTD 4 times already so I think we're off to a good start. I also should mention that I have a feeling this is going to be pretty hard seeing as we have not been on ANY kind of BC since DD was born and nothing has happened thus far so I'm not sure if something is wrong or if we've just had nearly 4 years of bad timing. I've recently lost 15 pounds and am feeling a lot more uhm, energetic lately so hopefully that will help a lot too. I am not charting this month but I have it down to almost the moment I O after so many years of charting before I had DD so I'm not too worried about that... but I'll probably start up again next month unless of course, I get super lucky.... I can hope, right? I am on CD 8 of a typically 26-28 day cycle with a 12 day LP so I should probably be Oing anywhere from the 1st to the 3rd. Anyway, can't wait to get to know some of you

OH BTW, I am not technically 30 yet... but will be in January. Hope you don't kick me out, lol.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 AM

Hey ladies! I've been MIA for a while since we've been OOT. Using my mom's computer, so I don't have much free time. I'll try and catch up on personals when we get back home in a few days.

AFM-I'm about to O any day now. Keeping FX this is our month!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Ok, sorry I've been out of touch and felt a little overwhelmed reading all the updates! It will take me awhile to catch up!

But JR's Mom- Congrats! How exciting. Hoping everything keeps going well.

AFM- I guess I O'd on about day 18, same as last month. Temp has risen and stayed up. I never got a full + on the OPK. For 2 days (testing 8pm each day) they were dark but just not AS dark as the control. We were out and I couldn't test more in between. But reading TCOYF it seems that the temp. rise would be more definative of O than the OPK right? (I used Target brand) I didn't have a ton of CF this time...just don't have a good feeling about this month. But I guess time will tell.

What's the earliest people test? I have to be the world's MOST impatient person. I obsess so much, I really don't do well TTC. I actually hate all of it!

Sarah, Mommy to DD age 6, DD age3 , and TTC #3.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Hi Lovely Ladies!

I haven't been on mothering since my pregnancy journey with my darling little one, now 2.5. We conceived her right away under slightly miraculous circumstances. Now we start the journey towards baby #2. I've been a tad cavalier with the assumption that we'll be able to get pregnant just as easily this time around but we'll see...

Anyone else here have Endo? Also, anyone else TTC in the family bed? This is less a logistical questions than temperature question. If we're still not sleeping through the night, how do you get accurate waking temps? Also, where do you hide your thermometers so the little ones aren't getting at them, LOL! For me, pain is an obvious symptom of ovulation so I don't need my temps for that, just for the following days. NFP helped us get pregnant the first time

Ok, time to lurk around Thanks for being here everyone!!

Jaimee
Old 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM

Our buyers fell through. There aren't enough emoticons to express how I feel right now. Can I start drinking before 11 am?

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
Old 08-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
Our buyers fell through. There aren't enough emoticons to express how I feel right now. Can I start drinking before 11 am?
Oh man! I am so sorry -- it stinks to get your hopes up and feel like there is momentum, only to be stopped short. What a disappointment. And it's happy hour somewhere, so do what you have to do.

Welcome new TTCers!

AFM -- AF is just leaving. Ever since my loss in December, I have had the lightest periods ever. Like, 2 days pre AF spotting, one day of medium flow, 2ish days of light flow, 2ish days of spotting. I'm not complaining or anything, but I wonder if it is related to lowered fertility? I called my doctor and asked about the spotting while on prometrium, and she said it was because I wasn't pregnant. Riiiiight..but you have me on a drug that is supposed to keep bleeding at bay, so...? She just doesn't seem to think a 10 day lp is a problem and we are starting to get on each other's nerves over it. I asked for my specific cd21 progesterone results and it was a 10. From all my reading, that sounds pretty low to me...in fact, it made me question whether I have been ovulating at all. I decided to start charting this month to see if I could get any more clues -- we'll see how it goes. I may need some advice along the way.

But, here's the best news ever: OUR KITTY CAME HOME! After over a week of being missing, she showed up! We are so happy to have our little family back together.

Ok, I am running around with a crazy chore list today. Got to get busy! Good luck all you O'ers!

Me (31) married to M (37). Loving little MD 3/09 and TTC #2 since 5/10.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 PM

So sorry! That whole process is so stressful! Hopefully you'll find another buyer, soon. We've only sold 1 house, but I told my DH I never want to do it again. Our first set of buyers were crazy/demanding too. (And they were missionaries, go figure). That sale kind of fell through, but luckily we found a much more reasonable couple after them. It was kind of a relief to be dealing with someone a little more normal. Here's hoping the next buyers that find you are wonderful!

Quote:

Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Yay for kitty reappearing! Sounds like you and your doctor aren't seeing eye to eye. Is there anyone else you can see about this? DD #2 is a heart baby...after hundreds of doctor visits in her short life, I've learned that nothing is more valuable than a good doctor who listens to you and takes you seriously. If your doctor isn't doing that, keep looking til you find one who does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyfish View Post
AFM -- AF is just leaving. Ever since my loss in December, I have had the lightest periods ever. Like, 2 days pre AF spotting, one day of medium flow, 2ish days of light flow, 2ish days of spotting. I'm not complaining or anything, but I wonder if it is related to lowered fertility? I called my doctor and asked about the spotting while on prometrium, and she said it was because I wasn't pregnant. Riiiiight..but you have me on a drug that is supposed to keep bleeding at bay, so...? She just doesn't seem to think a 10 day lp is a problem and we are starting to get on each other's nerves over it. I asked for my specific cd21 progesterone results and it was a 10. From all my reading, that sounds pretty low to me...in fact, it made me question whether I have been ovulating at all. I decided to start charting this month to see if I could get any more clues -- we'll see how it goes. I may need some advice along the way.

!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I am soooo sorry. You must be so disappointed.

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:43 PM

Hi Jaimee

Just had enough time to respond. I'm in the same boat- trying towards baby #2 and got lucky with #1. This is my third cycle TTC, so not really sure how long it will take this time around. I am also doing the family bed with my 2.5 year old. We have another room with a futon that we open out once she is asleep at night or before she wakes up in the morning... She does still wake up about once or twice a night but goes back to sleep easily. I take my temp at the final wakeup around 7am, before I get out of bed and it seems to be consistent. I keep my thermometer inside my nightstand drawer, and once we are up and out of my room, we stay out until night time so it stays put.

AFM, AF arrived yesterday. So I am out for August. Welcome everyone, I will catchup later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyblossom View Post
Hi Lovely Ladies!

I haven't been on mothering since my pregnancy journey with my darling little one, now 2.5. We conceived her right away under slightly miraculous circumstances. Now we start the journey towards baby #2. I've been a tad cavalier with the assumption that we'll be able to get pregnant just as easily this time around but we'll see...

Anyone else here have Endo? Also, anyone else TTC in the family bed? This is less a logistical questions than temperature question. If we're still not sleeping through the night, how do you get accurate waking temps? Also, where do you hide your thermometers so the little ones aren't getting at them, LOL! For me, pain is an obvious symptom of ovulation so I don't need my temps for that, just for the following days. NFP helped us get pregnant the first time

Ok, time to lurk around Thanks for being here everyone!!

Jaimee

Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Attached2Elijah: glad to have you with us, a fellow step-mom (not easy stuff) I hear you on the stress of ttc, the monthly heartbreak.

Emma: glad your back, :fingerx for a pos OPK.

shruley: I think most of us a very impatient. I try to wait until 10dpo to test, don't always though.

Jaimee:

slinkyfish: sounds like a good Idea for you to chart, then you know you O'd for sure. Hopefully you can find a better doctor soon.
YEAH for Kitty!!!!! Welcome home!

Callie: Oh I'm so sorry, this is the worst news. What is the next step? Will you wait it out or re-list?

Myorianna:
Drat the AF
Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 AM

Thanks again for all the support everyone. You guys are the best. We're definitely re-listing our house. It's already back on the market as "contingent" because the details of the termination haven't been agreed upon yet. I got a long email from the buyers' agent yesterday evening, and it basically proved to me that most of the problem here was miscommunication. I wrote a really long email response last night. I don't expect anything to change, but I feel better having explained our thoughts.

Myorianna - So sorry that AF found you.

Slinkyfish - I'm so glad your kitty came home!!! How wonderful!

Okay, I'll have to BBL b/c I'm on a laptop an the battery is dying. :P TTYL!

Old 08-29-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, the thread has been quiet this weekend, so I assume everyone is making their last ditch effort to enjoy last weekend of August.

September is coming soon, I would like to ask for a volunteer to take the thread for September. Its a easy task, just updating the first post etc. I can walk you through it. It's very fun, I have enjoyed my month. So just say if you would like your turn.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Yikes, we almost left the first page!!! What's up everyone gone???

So last night I'm at a party, and fertile myrtle comes up to talk with me. Baby on hip, and one in the oven. She says to me "I know you do everything naturally, please tell me your natural birth control methods, they seem to be working great" I told her I used advanced maternal age and poor quality cervical Mucus. She gave me a blank glare and said, "hummm not familar with that". We must talk more later, and ran away after her kid, before I could explain.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM

Kat - OMG, I can't believe she said that to you. Yikes. I would've had to run to the bathroom and have a good cry after that. *sigh*

AFM - Check out my chart! My temps are crazy!! I guess I'm running a low fever today. I have no idea why. I feel fine, but tired. I was really tired all day yesterday too, but I never thought I was getting sick. I hope whatever this is, it passes quickly. I really don't want us to go through another illness right at O time again!

This is kind of TMI, but DH is experiencing some groin (possibly testicular) pain right now. I'm pretty anxious about it. He might go to the doctor this afternoon, and I hope he will! I just hate to think there could be something wrong there. I have no idea what that sort of pain might be like, but I imagine it to be bad. I feel so bad for him.

Oh, I have NO update on our house stuff. Our buyers still haven't signed the termination form they need to sign, so we're still technically under contract. It's so strange, and it sucks to be in limbo.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:11 AM

Hello everyone and WELCOME to those new here!

Hugs to all of you who need them and have had a tough month and fingers crossed for everyone.

I am excited for this months potential. I have a pos OPK today - 3 days earlier than usual so kinda gotta change up our plans a bit! Strong O pains on R this evening. Driving me nuts wondering if it is pain from actually O or just gearing up. I feel better about this month than I ever have so while I am really up right now, I fear my reaction if I don't get BFP this month.

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:41 AM

We're home!!!! So happy to sleep in my own bed last night.

Callie-So sorry to hear the buyers fell through. That stinks.

Kat-I think I would have cried if someone had said that to me. Hugs.

AFM-This month is a little wonky since I O'd while we were OOT, and just being there seems to have thrown everything off. We'll see.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 08-31-2010, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Callie: Yes your temps went crazy huh.. Did you get any diagnosis for DH, or are they just doing the test thing? Those buyer should just make their mind up, stop playing games with you.

EllyMayMomma: Yeah for the pos OPK! Go with that not the pains, go have some fun.

Emma: Welcome home, maybe a little bit of wonky cycle will be your magic beans.

AFM:
8dpo, starting to get restless. My temps are high and stable, way more stable then normal, but I got a different thermometer, so that may be why the difference.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM

I had a BFN on Sunday when I tested with Early Response. Granted it was 7 days (I think???) after ovulation, so early. But I just don't have a good feeling about this month. I was thinking I should maybe try again tomorrow, but now I'm not really wanting to. Like maybe I'd rather just not know for a few more days...

Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Sarah - No need to test if you don't feel like it! Just wait it out and test if AF is late.

AFM - When I woke up at 6 this morning, I could not remember if I had temped at 5:00 when my alarm went off! I have no memory of my alarm going off or anything. I went ahead and temped at 6, just in case. It's really rare for me to sleep so hard at that time of the morning. I often wake up right before my alarm goes off.

Where is everybody? I miss this group being active!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah: Keep up hope still real early.

Callie: I hear you, what happened to everyone. I loved checking in a few time a day and hearing everyone's stories. Maybe cuz it's september, and last holiday weekend. I hope everyone comes back cuz I miss them.

I have taken my temp many times and not even remembered waking up!!

AFM: 9dpo gonna test in the morning, against my better judgement
Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 AM

Hey everyone- sorry I've been away for a few days but things have been hectic here and I don't want to log in at work cause I don't want them to know what I'm up to yet

Welcome to all the new folks!
Callie - sorry to hear about the terrible buyers situation...I know how that goes, but hang in there. Maybe the perfect house will become available in the meantime and I am sure you will be able to sell yours if not to them.

Kat - I had to laugh at your story, thanks for sharing! It seems like everyone is asking me lately too "how old is your daughter now?" and "Oh, are you going to have another one". Yeah. I'm not waiting on purpose here...

Slinkyfish - I was soooo happy to hear your kitty is ok How wonderful.

AFM - Just got through with AF. I am really hoping this will be the cycle- no sickies yet, and I was thinking about buying those digital OPK's again, just to make things simpler. I've also started taking vitamin B complex and cod liver oil at night...maybe that will help my body get some nutrients back. I never did get back on prenatals while TTC... Drinking Green Tea to help in the CM area, and coconut oil. Thinking positive! Also sending good vibes to everyone!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Hey everyone! I'm about 6dpo right now. I'll probably wait a week or so to test. I would be thrilled if this were the cycle, but am just not feeling it. I didn't see DH until the day before I O'd, and we only DTD twice within the fertile window. We'll see.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 09-02-2010, 11:15 AM

BTW, do we have a September thread yet?

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 AM

Emma - There's no September thread yet. I think someone needs to offer to take it for Kat. that this is your cycle... sorry you're not feeling it, but 2 days in the fertile window is just fine, I think!

myorianna - Sounds like you've got a plan for this cycle. I hope the supplements help!

AFM - Nothing much to report... we're going to be heading out to visit the in-laws tomorrow evening. I imagine we'll be there during my most fertile days (CDs 11-14) so DH and I are going to get to have fun at their house. Isn't sex at the in-laws guaranteed to get you pregnant or something? I'm pretty sure my SIL and BIL said that their first daughter was a result of shower sex at my IL's house! Maybe DH and I need to give that a try this weekend.

For some reason DS woke up at 4 this morning and was wide awake. He would not settle back down, so we went downstairs and he had some milk and a breakfast bar, and he watched a show. At 5:00, he said he was ready to go night-night, so we went back upstairs and he went back to sleep until 7. It was so strange! And now I'm so tired and out of it after having such an odd night of sleep. Blah. Last night I went shopping and got DH and I a bottle of wine and some brie to share, and we drank the whole bottle of wine. Of course the morning after we got all tipsy on wine would be the morning that DS decides 4 AM is a good time to wake up! At least he went back to sleep though.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

myorianna: glad to hear af is over, and you have a plan for this cycle. I started the b vits this month, and I'm so a big fan of digital opk's, just read the directions careful. I messed up my first batch, and call the company, and they sent me a new box to my home 24 hours later.

Emma: I'm always happy to get in two time during my fertile window. Hope this is your month, they say its the one that you finally don't think it will happen, and it does (so they say)

Callie: you crack me up with the inlaw stuff. Hope you guys have a blast. Isn't that the way with kiddos, they know when you really need sleep and all you hear is mommy are you awake, mommy mommy.

AFM - 10dpoBFN, really stuggling with the whole TTC thing. Starting to wonder if I should give up, but then I know I do this every month right? I think its the hormones of impedning AF or BFP. I know I'll regret it if I stop, I already regret waiting. Oh and I took bvits and rrl tea this cycle, so I need to say that outloud to y'all ..my cycle may be longer, so please remind me that next week if I'm freeking out. thanks

Ok I'm gonna start a september thread, if anyone want to take it over do tell me.

User Tag List