TTC #1 in our 30s -- August - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 144 Old 08-25-2010, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, Nutter!
Kinza-- yourself!

It's maybe starting to feel a little more real? No big symptoms to speak of. Every day that passes without incident, I'm grateful for--one week to go until my ultrasound.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 144 Old 08-25-2010, 11:23 PM

Hey everyone! Welcome nutter and other new folks

Someone asked about the acupuncture. I went yesterday - they stuck me in a lot of places, but theyre not "real" needles and don't hurt. I've had acu twice before, not for fertility, and it was good but not amazing.

However, I really think acupuncture does wonders for fertility and pregnancy, so I'm ready to invest. Yesterday I was agitated about something else, and worried about being on time for my next meeting, so it wasn't relaxing. On Friday, I'll go again, and be in a better frame of mind.

That's it for today!
#123 of 144 Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Nutter! Lets hope you get some beginners luck

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
#124 of 144 Old 08-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Thanks! I dreamt last night that I got a BFP at 5DPO and for the first time in my life loved the skin I'm in and was thankful for my body. Of course a BFP at 5DPO doesn't actually make sense.... but I was grateful for the dream anyway!
#125 of 144 Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Welcome Nutters, ValH,

Sorry about AF Fertilemyrtle, ValH, and Taxlady.

Please move me to waiting to know. I'm only 1dpo.
This is my first real try. It was a lot more fun than last month trying to sneak away with my inlaws in town.

I so hope I can be one of those like so many of my friends who get BFP right away. This week I met a man who said they tried 6 years and then waited two years until someone picked them for adoption. I can be patient, I know I can. I feel like I'm young (turning 33 next month) but if you add 6 years I'm not.

good luck everyone!

Heather (33) married to DH (28) since 2/10. #1 due 5/11
#126 of 144 Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM

Hey everyone!

Bolobear, you won't wait 6 years if there's a problem You are young! Enjoy and try not to worry (that goes for me too!)

I got some cheapie opks off amazon. Clinical Guard brand, in individually wrapped green packets. going to be interesting! Some people recommend 2x/day with these. I did 2x/day with the digitals last month and that was expensive. This is cheap. Bought digitals for confirmation as I'm getting closer. I'll do that once a day.

It will be an interesting experiment!

Anyone have any advice? I didn't have trouble last month seeing when I ovulated, but I want to make it a bit cheaper this month, and I'm worried about missing it if I *just* use cheapies.
#127 of 144 Old 08-26-2010, 10:32 PM

All right, it's CD11 and I'm feeling optimistic and calm. And allowed to spend time here again after last month's disappointment.
I was pretty sick through much of the last week and worried it'd last through O...but the antibiotics rocked, and they were okay-for-pg ones so I won't feel pressure to skip this cycle now I'm feeling much more human again. (thankfully--it's my last chance vefore turning 38! eep!) I'm still hoping my temps stabilize a little more before O so I can figure it out, though--a couple days of fever and a few really late readings aren't making a pretty picture. ANd I never did figure out last month, which led to a lot of confusion. I would love to avoid that this month!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#128 of 144 Old 08-26-2010, 10:34 PM

Thanks Fertilemyrtle!!

I only used the cheapies for the first time this month. I did it once a day until a line started to show up. My last cycle was only 23 days so I started a little early with the testing.

I noted it as +? the time the line was it's darkest but I didn't think it matched the control line. I felt that I was ovulating shortly after because of the cramping and CM and then a temp increase. I took another test the line started to go away so I stopped testing but I still hope to BD just for fun! I probably used a dozen tests this month.

#129 of 144 Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Morning.

I've noticed a lot of you use OPK's... does anyone use the mini-fertility microscopes to check your saliva for ferning instead/as well? What are your thoughts on using this method to help anticipate O? I have two of them (Luna & MaybeBaby) but haven't been regular about using either of them. Thanks!
#130 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm 11 DPO, had a higher BBT this am than I've had before (97.8), and it is our Anniversary today.... so I p'doas..... a dollarstore test...... and it came up a very very faint positive!!! I kept my test from a few days ago for comparison sake and there is definitely NO line, no shadow no nuthin on that test. But this one - although too faint to show up in a pic on my cell phone, is definitely a very pale line. I recognize it's still really early and anything could happen.... and it seems like it just couldn't possibly be that we got pregnant our first month trying.... but I'm cautiously optimistic and keep looking at the test to make sure my eyes aren't fooling me. I'll definitely be taking another test tomorrow morning!
#131 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM

Nutter! A line is a line! And on your anniversary--how cool!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#132 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 12:08 PM

Nutter: Congrats! I hope tomorrow it's a much more prominent line for you It's definitely possible to get pregnant first cycle trying!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#133 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM

Thanks Blanca78 & LivingSky. I'll keep you posted!
#134 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM

Oh Congrats Nutter! Definitely keep us posted.

#135 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM

Congrats Nutter, that's fantastic! Hopefully your line will get even darker tomorrow!!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#136 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 04:45 PM

Nutter, congrats! I got pg my first month, and it's sticking so far. I hope the same thing happened for you!!
Posted via Mobile Device

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#137 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Wooohooo, congratulations Nutter! What a great anniversary present! Sending you lots of sticky vibes.

Lauraska and cb718, I haven't heard from you in a few weeks and you've been posting to your DDCs so I've added you to the pregnant list. I hope that wasn't too soon and that you're enjoying your growing babies. Keep us updated! Let me know when you want to be moved Nutter. No rush, I know how nerve-wracking those early weeks can be.

WTHamI?, Tear, AmandaMom... sorry AF came. Booooo!

I'm hanging out with bolobear and meander in the tww. I'm 8dpo and so far mostly just cramping a bit, which isn't unusual for me. Breasts are sore too but that seems to be my new norm since my m/c. My gums bled a little yesterday while brushing but I think that maybe I was brushing a little too hard. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but its so hard not to wish that any little sign means something. I'm praying my temperature doesn't tank half way through my luteal phase again like last month. It just sucks waiting for AF knowing there is no chance anymore at all that month.

On a funny note, DH had a dream that we were pregnant with triplets lol. I'm guessing that our bunny frequency strategy this month may have something to do with his brain straying that way. A few days later I also had a dream that I tested at 5dpo and got a positive. Both crazy unrealistic dreams and I'm not a believer in such omens but they can't hurt, right?

Off to stalk my chart and maybe if I check it enough times somehow the line will miraculously turn green.

Teetina
#138 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I forgot to ask... Do you still want to host the thread next month Taxlady?

Teetina
#139 of 144 Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

One more decent temp tomorrow and I'll get lovely, unequivocal crosshairs, with all the signs lining up perfectly for O on Sunday, and with excellent BD timing for a change. I'm really hoping that works out.
Today I had to have my dog put down, and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He was nearly 15 and had been increasingly ill for the last year, and finally stopped eating...so I know it was time...doesn't make it much easier though.

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#140 of 144 Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Meander - So sorry about your dog. I know how hard that can be.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#141 of 144 Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Meander: Thinking of you. Losing a beloved pet is always hard, even when you know it's for the best.

I had a big temp drop this morning (97.8 am yesterday; 97.1 today) but am still above the coverline (96.9) and my hpt was just a little darker! Still cautiouslly optimistic that it'll stick - - as DH said when we spoke about it last night "You peed on a stick. We saw a line. Other than that everything else is the same so it doesn't feel real" And I'd have to agree.

Teetina: I think if it's ok I'd like to wait a few more days before being moved.... I'm waiting until after AF is due to call the midwives so I'll keep you posted.
#142 of 144 Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM

sticky thoughts to you nutter!

meander - i haven't owned a pet in a long time, but they are amazing and it's hard to lose them. i'm sorry!

Piece of advice from all of you:

this is my 3rd cycle charting. Today for the first time I noticed lots of EWCM. Yay!! Before this, I've been going on OPK and temping only - as you know, neither method gives you a lot of notice. So last month we really burned ourselves out having lots of sex, and then I didn't ovulate until CD22!! Very odd, long cycle.

Today is CD12, and I got EWCM. This is fantastic, because hopefully it gives me a few days notice that O is coming. I've been doing acupuncture, so I'm hoping that I'll ovulate right around CD14. How many days in advance do you all get EWCM? We're camping with friends this weekend, which will make it hard to DTD, although if we must, we'll make an excuse up to get in the car and drive somewhere!

So, yeah. Kind of wondering if I can make a guess about O day based on this info. thanks!!

Oh, here's my chart. Don't know if this link lets you see my 2 previous months.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/252387
#143 of 144 Old 09-01-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertilemyrtle View Post

Today is CD12, and I got EWCM. This is fantastic, because hopefully it gives me a few days notice that O is coming. I've been doing acupuncture, so I'm hoping that I'll ovulate right around CD14. How many days in advance do you all get EWCM? We're camping with friends this weekend, which will make it hard to DTD, although if we must, we'll make an excuse up to get in the car and drive somewhere!

Basically any time you have EWCM you are potentially fertile, so if I were in your shoes I'd start BD'ing today. Sperm can live for up to 5 days in the right environment, so even if you don't O for a few days still, the little swimmers might still be hanging out waiting when your egg makes its grand appearance.
FWIW, I get small amounts of EWCM for a few days before O, and sometimes it lasts for a day or two after my temperature shift as well.

P.S. Thanks for the sticky thoughts!
#144 of 144 Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Head on over to September's thread!

Teetina

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page