Forum Jump: 

#271 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlestinkers View Post
I just bought some maca last night...
I actually really like the flavor, and it's supposed to be wonderful for fertility. I too started it this cycle and am !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy420 View Post
BabyCakes~Wonderful to hear about the ewcm!!!

Any chart stalkers want to look at my chart???
Thanks! It's exciting. I have NEVER had this much.

And your chart looks awesome! Definitely looking triphasic with nice high temps!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#272 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 AM

Daisy- your chart looks awesome! (And zomg your hair in your pic is gorgeous!)

I had a temp drop today- above the coverline, but still. 10 DPO.

I *thought* I saw a very very very faint BFP, but I'm 99% sure I was hallucinating. Unless it's crying and wriggling, DH can't see pink lines.

I'm trying so hard to not get my hopes up, bc a) it's still early, b) if I *did* O, it'd be my first since March '09, and c) I worry about early MC.

I have it in my head that I have a much higher chance of miscarrying than if I wasn't nursing/ had known luteal phase length. Is that true, though? After 13 DPO, is a baby just as sticky as one concieved at any other point?

This is a huge downer of a question, but I am sorta at the point where, if I am pregnant (which I know is probably not likely) I wouldn't even want to tell DH for fear of losing the baby, kwim? (I would, bc I suck at keeping secrets, but even now I'm telling him not to get his hopes up.)

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

#273 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Daisy~ Your chart looks great

ErinYay~ I wouldn't worry about having a m/c unless you've had one before and even then i'd still try not to worry about it. I've never hear that before about conception at 13dpo.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#274 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 AM

Geez....

Trying to keep up with you guys but Im still slow with figuring out the acronyms!!. I s BFN and BFP big fat negative and positive?

Wondering about Macca powder....I'm using vitex and b6...would macca be usefull in addition. I need all the help I can get!

I'm still waiting to O...I'm on day 13 of my cycle but I usually don't O until day 18-20 so I feel silly using these OPK strips every morning cause I KNOW Im not there yet, but still I test

About the dashed crosshairs on FF. They mean that FF is not sure when ovulation occurred right? Why wouldn't it be sure? Ive looked back at my last 10 cycles and the overwhelming majority of them have dashed crosshairs. I only have 2 or 3 solid ones.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#275 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 PM

SoCal- thanks! I think I'm thinking of luteal phase defects- 10 days minimum for implantation and all. I can't find anything to support my theory of nursing = MC without a LPD, probably because I made it up.

Marnica- yup, BFN= big fat negative, BFP = big fat positive. I still don't know all the acronyms, so I often refer to TTC glossaries like this one.

I actually posted a Facebook status yesterday that was something like "TTC, BBT, 9 DPO, IC HPTs... if you follow where this is going, cross your fingers. If not, sorry, Charlie!" The responses varied from "ZOMG GL!" and "lol what?!" It's secret code!

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

#276 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM

Marnica~I know, I know, we're a bunch of gabbers, aren't we???? lol I often have dashed lines on ff if I have any kind of fertile cm after O, if that helps.

Socali~Thanks!

Erin~A temp dip at dpo can actually be good, if its an implantation dip .

As for the LPD and miscarriage link......I don't think its much of an issue. If anything, it would prevent an eggie from implanting if it is fertilized (which I guess in a sense is a m/c,) but once you get a bfp, the egg has already implanted, so I would think you'd have the same % of chance of a m/c as anyone else at that point.

One thing with ttc, though, is that we are often aware of a pg waaay earlier than someone testing when af is a week late, and many pgs are lost b4 a woman would even suspect pg (chemical pg.) Doctors quote as many as 50% of pgs are lost due to chromosomal anomolies etc. at this stage (before af is due.) As socali said, I wouldn't be worried unless you've had one b4, and even then its normally not cause for concern. I had a chemical pg in 10/03 and was able to successfully conceive again 7 months later. HTH

Dance~I know, I know, but my lp is often 7-9 days, so I don't have many days left to hope........

Thanks for all the stalkers' positive feedback!! Praying......and praying some more!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#277 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinYay View Post
I actually posted a Facebook status yesterday that was something like "TTC, BBT, 9 DPO, IC HPTs... if you follow where this is going, cross your fingers. If not, sorry, Charlie!" The responses varied from "ZOMG GL!" and "lol what?!" It's secret code!
What a cute status!! I love it! I would never have the courage to do it, though!

Quote:
Dance~I know, I know, but my lp is often 7-9 days, so I don't have many days left to hope........

Thanks for all the stalkers' positive feedback!! Praying......and praying some more!
Forgive me since I'm kind of new to the thread, but have you/are you taking any B vitamins to help w/your short lp? I've gone from 10 days to a full 14 days just by adding in a b-complex vitamin. Normal dose. Sorry if this has already been talked about, again, but thought I might throw it out there!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#278 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Forgive me since I'm kind of new to the thread, but have you/are you taking any B vitamins to help w/your short lp? I've gone from 10 days to a full 14 days just by adding in a b-complex vitamin. Normal dose. Sorry if this has already been talked about, again, but thought I might throw it out there!
I am taking b-complex, but the b6 makes me very nauseous . Also, tried vitex for 1 cycle, same result! My body doesn't do well with supps, but if no + this month, I'm going full fledged with the works next cycle!!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#279 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I am taking b-complex, but the b6 makes me very nauseous . Also, tried vitex for 1 cycle, same result! My body doesn't do well with supps, but if no + this month, I'm going full fledged with the works next cycle!!
I hear you on the nausea. I just started taking this one b/c of that. It doesnt taste fabulous, kind of tastes like vitamin, but I haven't had the nausea that I was getting w/the tablets I was swallowing whole. I was really having a hard time taking the b-complex b/c it was leaving me soooo pukey, it wasn't worth it. But I think having it in my system helped me a lot.

#280 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM

hello ladies,
just checking in to say that I have abundant ewcm today, even more than the 2 days prior. I mean, even more that I would around O. Could this be the maca or the vitex?
Still kind of thinking the opk was wrong, but then again I don't have anything like O cramps which I did have 9 days ago and are pretty obvious for me.

Thinking about calling the docter's office to see what the results for the prog were, but am a bit nervous about this.
I'll test tomorrow morning with FMU if no AF yet.

Proud mother of girl born 3/1/2009
#281 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 PM

hi all, just back from a vacation and caught up on the many posts... won't respond to all but-
dance, if you have ewcm, then have sex regardless of what your chart says! ewcm is the best thing for getting pg and maybe you are off on your o calculation.
it does seem odd to have it after you think you o'd but maybe your body is gearing up to o and hasn't yet? are you just getting ppaf back? are you temping?
babycakes, glad you are getting the ewcm. it makes me want to try the epo.
good luck to all you ladies.
#282 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 PM

Hello Ladies-

I will join you all. We are wanting to TTC our third (and probably last) baby whenever I start Oing! I'm nursing my 9 month old and no PPAF yet, so I guess I'm Waiting Catch the Egg? I was on this forum before getting pregnant with my daughter so it's neat to be back.

I've had some symptoms that my cycles MIGHT be gearing up... face break-outs (my skin is normally clear), tiredness, heightened sense of smell. But not much CM or open cervix yet. Will start temping after my 1st PPAF.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#283 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 10:59 PM

Wow. Has it really been 3 months since I posted? Sorry! I do check in but posting to 3 groups I guess got pretty exhausting, and I have been disheartened by lack of success we've had so far. So here I am. Wishing everyone here well. I am Waiting to O right now. If anyone wants to put me back in...?

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#284 of 285 Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 PM

Wow - such an active thread right now!!!

AF found me this morning. I was super grouchy yesterday & sort of suspected but I was hoping it wasn't. Only 9dpo but who knows if I even o'd at all - it's highly unlikely without the clomid anyway.

Unfortunately my dr was on vacation last week & so I couldn't book an appt. & now it is too late for this cycle so I guess we are doing one more non-clomid cycle. I never did find vitex last cycle so I'm going to try again tomorrow - I think I finally found a place that sells it here - & start it this cycle.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#285 of 285 Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Updated To Here

September Thread Is Up

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page