Forum Jump: 

#121 of 285 Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Updated List To Here

lifeguard~ on af lasting so long

earth-mama~ on the bfn.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#122 of 285 Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woke at 4 to go to the bathroom, took temp first (97.2). Woke at 6 (normal waking time) and took temp (97.6). Which should I record?

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#123 of 285 Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM

Becca: I'd record the 4am since you had been sleeping undisturbed. The 2nd had only been 2 hours of sleep...you're supposed to have 3. I always temp around 3 am...but my times do vary a lot and my temps don't seem to vary a whole lot based on time...I'd think moving around would impact it more than the time?

8 dpo. Caved and tested this morning. BFN, of course. LOL. LP 1 day longer than last month so far - so at least some progress has been made!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#124 of 285 Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 PM

OK, I think I'm starting to get the hang of CM. For a while, it was hard for me to figure out CM versus semen. I don't think I O'd on CD9. The past couple days I had watery CM, and today I've had plenty of EWCM. Do you usually get EWCM before or day of O? Also, I only have 2 days of temps (just got my basal thermometer Monday), will I be able to recognize a thermal shift?

Here's my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/304838

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#125 of 285 Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 PM

becca - when ewcm & o happencan vary some from woman to woman.

Ok - so where do you find vitex? Anyone in Canada maybe? I've tried the grocery store, the drugstore & wal-mart.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#126 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post
becca - when ewcm & o happencan vary some from woman to woman.

Ok - so where do you find vitex? Anyone in Canada maybe? I've tried the grocery store, the drugstore & wal-mart.
I'm in the US, but you can't find it in any of those places here either. I got some at Savemart....you all probably don't have that store, though . Is GNC in Canada? (general nutrition center) Or you can try searching online for a local nutrition herb store...

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#127 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 AM

Becca - I agree with Cindy, the first temp is the most accurate.

Cindy - great news about your LP. FX you get even better news in a couple of days

Anyone up to shedding some light on my current dilemma? I'm on CD 16 and still getting negative OPKs (as in stark white). I am having EWCM and my temp this morning was nice & low (typical for me right before O). Last month I used OPKs and O'd 2 days after the first positive (according to FF). Does anyone know if the period of time between the first positive OPK and O are generally consistent for an individual from cycle to cycle? Or is it possible that I'll O closer to my (upcoming) positive OPK - i.e. 12 hours later? Thanks in advance for any input!

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#128 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 AM

Lifeguard - I'm Canadian, too! Whereabouts are you?

I'm in Ontario. We do have GNC, although I usually pick up supplements, etc. at local health stores. If you don't have one near you I could give you the names of the ones I know. At least you wouldn't have to pay duty.

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
#129 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 12:36 AM

Becca: You can have EWCM for days leading upto O. It varies for different women. But it is definitely a sign that you are in your most fertile window! I'd guess you can probably notice a thermal shift. For me it can be 1/2 a degree difference or even a whole degree.

Peachesmom: It varies for me, month to month. I don't have a ton of exeprience with OPKs but a couple months I have O'd on the day of my positive and this month not until 2 days later.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#130 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Becca: You can have EWCM for days leading upto O. It varies for different women. But it is definitely a sign that you are in your most fertile window! I'd guess you can probably notice a thermal shift. For me it can be 1/2 a degree difference or even a whole degree.

Peachesmom: It varies for me, month to month. I don't have a ton of exeprience with OPKs but a couple months I have O'd on the day of my positive and this month not until 2 days later.

Cindy
Thanks, Cindy. That really helps!

#131 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post
Woke at 4 to go to the bathroom, took temp first (97.2). Woke at 6 (normal waking time) and took temp (97.6). Which should I record?
The rule is to add .1 for every half hour that you took your temp late. (Or, reverse, if you oversleep, subtract .1 for every half hour). So, adjusted, your temp for that day would be 97.6 regardless. I'd put that and put in notes "adjusted".

AFM - after about a billion BFNs, it's 12dpo and I refused to test today. I'm waiting for AF.

Can we talk for a minute about how nursing affects fertility? I was doing some digging into this, and found that for the amount that Nora actually nurses, it would be very rare for it to affect my fertility. Possible, but rare. She nurses once a day for about 10-15 min max. We do cosleep, but she doesn't nurse at night at all. I don't have any other symptoms of low progesterone, except for a possibly shorter lp (which is being helped w/a b-50 complex). So...what the heck? 4 cycles and and still no bfp. I get clear temp shifts, and I just can't understand what's going on. I'm bummed and confused.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#132 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Becca~ You should still be able to see a definite shift with not having a lot of temps.

Baby_Cakes~ The norm is that it can take up to 1 year to get pregnant and that is without nursing.

I ended up paying a co pay yesterday to be told i have to call a number for their infertility program it's a class and the dr ordered some basic bloodwork. So i have to call today and hope i get a person instead of the recording i got yesterday when i called which needed both our medical record #'s and i didn't have dh's written down and how they'd call you back.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#133 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
[color=teal]

Becca~ You should still be able to see a definite shift with not having a lot of temps.
Well, I dipped down yesterday, and I'm back up this morning, so let's I get a spike tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
I ended up paying a co pay yesterday to be told i have to call a number for their infertility program it's a class and the dr ordered some basic bloodwork. So i have to call today and hope i get a person instead of the recording i got yesterday when i called which needed both our medical record #'s and i didn't have dh's written down and how they'd call you back.
UGH! I LOATHE medical red tape! I have a friend going thru a possible miscarrage and the doc drew blood at 4 yesterday and they said they'd get the results around 5, but the doctor would be gone, so they couldn't tell her what her HCG levels were until today. SO frustrating!

#134 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 12:55 PM

socali~sorry about the bs ! I hope you get somewhere soon s

babycakes~I agree! Even if you're not nursing a lot now, it can take your body a while to get its hormones straight again. Also, when not bfing at 22 it took dh and I 7 months to conceive with charting cm, temping, opks the whole 9! Just have faith that it will happen in time.....sorry about the bfns s

Well, I'm getting there....cd 15! Saw some W cm today, so hoping to get some bd in tonight hehehehe . If only my dd would cooperate more often! I'm playing it really low key this cycle and hoping for the best of course! Just started temping and not doing any tests. The last 2 times we got pg were cycles where I hardly temped at all . I think it takes the stress out of it for me.

Keeping myself busy knitting birthday gifts and winter hats and socks. Too many projects started that need finished and way too many I need to start yet .

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#135 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 02:12 PM

While talking with a friend just now, I had a sharp pain in my right ovary. It was so sharp it took my breath away. It's still quite tender. This is the ovary that I have had two ovarian cysts rupture, and the doc told me I could have twins with (sounds kind of crazy to me, but he said with the ovarian cysts I have, multiple eggs could be released). For temp spike tomorrow!!

#136 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM

Hi - may I join you ladies?

I admit I have not read through the entire thread. It's so long!

I'm 38, I have an almost 28 month old son. I'm still nursing, although he only nurses before bed at night and only for a few minutes. Once in while he goes 48 hrs or so without nursing at all. We are TTC #2 and so far having no luck Actually got AF this am

I posted another thread on here about having a very short luteal phase. One of the responses said that nursing can significantly shorten a LP. I know women who are nursing get pregnant all the time, but I'm worried that the reason for my short LP (Im assuming this is what is preventing me from conceiving at this time) is that Im still nursing. I'm using FF to track my cycles, I just started taking Chasteberry and 100 mg of B6. Every time I get AF, I feel like intense pressure. I am not getting any younger and I feel like my time frame to have another baby is getting shorter and shorter.

Anyway I will be interested in reading the thread and getting to kow you all a bit better. I recognize some names form other boards

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#137 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Welcome, marnica!

#138 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Marnica: Welcome! BF definitely can shorten your LP. Hopefully the B6 does the trick!

Babycakes: It took us 6 months to conceive DD. We weren't trying, per se, but we were very active and had a good chance every month (I was charting the whole time). 6 months is the norm. Hard to hear when you want to be pregnant yesterday! I know it!

AFM: 9 dpo. Temp still up and no spotting yet but BFN this morning. No surprise there -it's still super early. But mostly I'm just expecting to start spotting any second now and am fanatically checking! My mom arrives this afternoon so that will be a nice distraction - and she can cheer me up when AF makes her appearance.

Cindy

#139 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 06:12 PM

Marnica -- Welcome! Best of luck to you.

Becca -- Here's hoping, I'll keep my for you!

AFM-- I got my first PPAF Although, it wasn't a very happy one, it was incredibly heavy. I even went to the doctor because I was bleeding through EVERYTHING in less than an hour. The doctor tried to put me on birth control . I had to patiently explain that I was still nursing and, further, I wanted to TTC again soon. She said "oh your son is probably only nursing for comfort by this point, he's over a year old." Uh, no, he's definitely still getting lots of milk. Sigh. So, I took a script for Provera from her, but didn't take it and the bleeding let up by day 3. I am also pretty sure I didn't O before and the PPAF was a pretty big shock.

Anyway, I am still about 6 pounds over my prepregancy weight. I'd like to lose that before TTC, but I am starting to care less and less. I guess now my biggest thing is getting DH ready to TTC. Any tips there? I want them to be close in age and DH is such a stick in the mud!

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#140 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Can we talk for a minute about how nursing affects fertility? I was doing some digging into this, and found that for the amount that Nora actually nurses, it would be very rare for it to affect my fertility. Possible, but rare. She nurses once a day for about 10-15 min max. We do cosleep, but she doesn't nurse at night at all. I don't have any other symptoms of low progesterone, except for a possibly shorter lp (which is being helped w/a b-50 complex). So...what the heck? 4 cycles and and still no bfp. I get clear temp shifts, and I just can't understand what's going on. I'm bummed and confused.

Hmmm... so, at what point would one suspect that nursing is affecting fertility? In the last week, I've successfully gotten DS down to 3 sessions (10 minutes or so) per day (morning, noon, evening). Is that still potentially enough to affect fertility? Since I just dropped him from 6-ish times a day to 3, would it potentially take a while for the decrease in nursing to have a positive effect on my fertility? I hope to O at the end of the month...

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#141 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatha5 View Post
Becca -- Here's hoping, I'll keep my for you!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatha5 View Post
Anyway, I am still about 6 pounds over my prepregancy weight. I'd like to lose that before TTC, but I am starting to care less and less. I guess now my biggest thing is getting DH ready to TTC. Any tips there? I want them to be close in age and DH is such a stick in the mud!
I'm at the weight I was when I got married, which is still 50 lbs overweight, but at this point I'm thinking I'd rather just go ahead and have my kids close in age than to lose all the weight, get pregnant, gain weight again and then again have to lose weight.

What is your DH's holdup?

#142 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2soren View Post
Hmmm... so, at what point would one suspect that nursing is affecting fertility? In the last week, I've successfully gotten DS down to 3 sessions (10 minutes or so) per day (morning, noon, evening). Is that still potentially enough to affect fertility? Since I just dropped him from 6-ish times a day to 3, would it potentially take a while for the decrease in nursing to have a positive effect on my fertility? I hope to O at the end of the month...
I honestly believe the relationship between fertility and BFing is a case-by-case basis. I was BFing my 11 month old and TTP, and we got pregnant with DS. I wouldn't do anything drastic until you notice several anovulatory cycles.

#143 of 285 Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 PM

peaches mom - I'm in Ontario too. We do have a gnc not to far & health food store in town so maybe I'll have luck there.

marnica - welcome!

afm - I got two super + opk's today!!! They are truly the darkest I've ever seen, including my clomid cycles! I haven't been tracking as I've had very little hope that anything will happen on it's own but my nipples have been getting more & more tender & today my cervix was waaaay high so I figured I'd poas. Fingers crossed I'll o soon.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#144 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

Marnica~ Welcome to the group.

aleatha5~ on ppaf. No tips on getting dh to agree to ttc.

lifeguard~ :finfgersx that you O soon.

Daisy420~ I get to go and sit through a infertility class on the 31st, it's at 10am.. the nurse said it's a 90 min long class and then said after i do the class to call the number back and they will get me set up with a drs appointment.

Becca~ how sad for your friend and frustrating that they wouldn't tell her the #.

#145 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 AM

Can I join you ladies? I'm new to the forums and this is only cycle #3 for TTC #5 (#4 for me). Well, we weren't exactly TTC this cycle but we DTD around O so it's turned into a "whatever happens" month. I'm still BFing my 16mo DS2. Hopefully, I won't be here long. I would like to get to know everyone, though.

Stacey~ Christian homeschooling, non-circ'ing, non-vaxing, BFing, CDing,
VBACing, SAHM to 4 (11, 10, 7 and 16mos)
#146 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 AM

Now officially in the 2ww 3dpo

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#147 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 AM

Welcome, butterfies.

Becky!
AFM: Temp spike this AM!

Had a sad moment last night. When I sat down with DS to nurse him to sleep, he nursed for about 10 seconds, then unlatched, walked into the kitchen, and pointed to the bottle on top of the fridge (we had one in the house from my "sickness" at the beginning of August). I fixed him a bottle of milk (he signed "milk"). He took it to his daddy, laid down and fell asleep. DH took him to the bedroom, laid him down in our bed, and came out and I just ! He didn't even nurse last night! I'm afraid my dreams of tandem nursing may be dwindling!

#148 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2soren View Post
This is what I wonder too. Is your LP very short?

PS I'm still trying to figure out all the lingo so if I ask a stupied question - sorry!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#149 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
PS I'm still trying to figure out all the lingo so if I ask a stupied question - sorry!
Oh, me too! I figured out AFM is As For Me. I'd love to have a list of abbreviations!

#150 of 285 Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 AM

The witch found me in the middle of the night. Made it to a 9 day LP this cycle, using progesterone cream. 2 more days than last month. Hopefully next month will be 10 or more - normal! I do at least feel like I have a chance now that my LP is lengthening out.

Cindy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page