Nursing Mamas TTC August - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
Hi Socal - can you please remove me from the success list on the first page. I am having a miscarriage.
So sorry. Hang in there

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#182 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looks like we have some bfps that haven't been on the board lately...katiecornflakes and zensven42 Well, congrats to them in cyberspace lol!!! earthmama....ur chart is looking fabulous

I think I'm Oing today, have cramps pretty bad.....better get some more bd in tonight!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#183 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

rcr~ hug

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#184 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 04:53 PM

rcr

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#185 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 PM

RCR --

I think my DH gave me the go ahead to start TTC #2. Although it was super unclear and kind of funny. After I had my first ppaf, he said to me, "I don't know about DTD tonight, you could get pregnant." And I said, ah, not likely since it is day 7 of my cycle (guys, lol). Then I said, I'll buy you some condoms and you can prevent to your heart's content. And he said, no I don't want to use condoms. So, I said, well, we can do NFP, I'll just tell you when I'm fertile and you can make a decision as to what you want to do (since I'm ready to go). And he said, no, I already hear too much about your cycle. So, I said, I could use code like "green light, red light." But, he didn't like that either. So, I said well, what should we do? And he said, I guess there really isn't anything to do. And I said, well then we might get pregnant. And he said, yeah, I know. So, sounds like we are ready to go? I feel pretty comfortable, b/c he would firmly state his opinion if he were against it. I guess I can be moved to the whatever-ing list.

I didn't ovulate before my first ppaf, do you all think I may not ovulate for awhile? Is that something that happens? I can't even say I would have a regular cycle. But, I'm here waiting ....it has to come back sometime, and I'll be ready.

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#186 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 05:35 PM

rcr - I'm so sorry.

AFM - I'm still around. Waiting to be ready with only 2 months before we're in the clear, so to speak, to ttc. Starting November 1st will no longer have to worry about the "not to enter 24 weeks of gestation" rule imposed by the cruiseline that we will be sailing in April. Annnyway. Last month I went to my ob to see what he'd say about my ridiculously short LP and he prescribed me 1 cycle worth of prometrium (10 days). Knowing that I am waiting to TTC until November I thought it was beyond strange that he'd have me take the one cycle of pills now and not again...Anyway, I had a decent 11 day LP with some spotting though. I hope next month is better. AF is here right now and is crazy heavy. *sigh*

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#187 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM

rcr

Tourist: my DD was born in January '09 at home too!!

Daisy420--thanks I feel like there is a high probability of a BFP soon I took a couple of hpt that were negative, partly hoping, but mostly I wanted to confirm that I did not get pregnant from the earlier potential ovulation date (I am almost positive that I ovulated around CD24), but wanted to make sure. With my adjusted o-date I am now 12dpo and impatiently waiting. I did take a HPT this morning that was negative But I know that I am not out. I didn't test with DD until about 4 or 5 days past my expected period. I think that my chart might be showing a triphasic pattern, which would be awesome and a good indicator. I'm trying not to obsess too much and plan to test again on Friday.

Here is some to help with ovulation and sticky vibes for us all!

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#188 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Sorry, rcr.

Good luck earth-mama!

AFM, after carrying a tampon in my pocket all day yesterday waiting for AF, I tested on a whim and got a BFP!!! Confirmed it today too.

Now today, I'm nauseous as heck, my sinuses are going nuts, and I have a headache, and heartburn. (These are all early pregnancy signs for me.) It's amazing how fast they come on! I feel terrible and I couldn't be happier about it!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#189 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 PM

So sorry rcr!

Congrats jr'smom!! How many DPO were you when you got your positive?

AF is supposed to start Sunday and I'm on CD24 today. I tested this morning and BFN. I guess technically I'm not out but I feel like I am! We BD'd CD 14 and 16 (no temping) and I'm guessing I'm about 10dpo today. With my son I got a negative at 10dpo and positive at 12dpo on dollar store tests (didn't test on day 11 somehow!). Since I used a FRER this morning I think it should've shown if I was pg =(.

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#190 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 09:21 PM

aleatha5 - I laughed reading your description of your DH, not unlike my own. Good luck catching that first egg!

tourist - the countdown is on, Nov 1 will be here before we know it.

Earth mama - your chart looks amazing! Shall be stalking & can't wait to see your next HPT results

Jr's Mom - CONGRATS!

Nolliesmama - don't lose hope yet. I didn't get a positive, even with an FRER, until much later than that in my first pregnancy. Maybe it's a girl (baby) thing? (I've heard this anecdotally, but don't know whether it's the reason)

I am now 3 DPO, can tell already it's going to be a long 2ww. Thankfully my sister & nieces are coming xcountry for a visit, and I have a client due any day....should keep me distracted for a few days

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#191 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 PM

In a totally unrelated topic, can anyone tell me how to add the profile info that shows up at the end of a person's posts? I can't seem to figure it out.

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#192 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Congrats Jr'smom!

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#193 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 PM

jr's mom- Congrats!

AFM- 3-6 DPO (FF couldn't pinpoint to one day). I had some major discomfort/pain in my pelvic area (see "Confused..." yesterday. After taking a nap today it's a little better, but I think some pelvic rest may help. IDK when I'm gonna test. I may just wait till I'm nauseous (typical tell-tale sign for me).

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#194 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 PM

Congrats jr's mom!!

Trying for ds was so heartbreaking & bittering (is that a word). I thought it would be different this time - & I guess in a way it is different, but I'm finding each cycle is getting harder & harder. Now all the people I know with 2 year olds are all pregnant or have newborns in their arms & it's constant. Yesterday there were 3 newborns at the drop-in play centre we frequent & 3 pregnant bellies. It's just never ending.

It's strange too 'cause I'm finding more & more I look at ds in amazement that he is even here 'cause it feels so impossible to get pregnant. Sigh.

I'm going to call tomorrow & book a new appt with the dr. to start back on the clomid. I was feeling pretty positive I had o'd but I'm still not getting higher temps so I suspect my body simply tried to o but didn't quite succeed.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#195 of 285 Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 PM

lifeguard hang in there!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#196 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 AM

RCR: I am truly sorry! :-( Hugs!

Jrsmom: Hooray! Congrats!!! :-)

AFM: Nothing exciting. Cycle day 5 over here. Fertile time starts this weekend. Yeehaw!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#197 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

jr'smom~ Congrats

peaches' mom~At the top of the page you should see User CP on the far left click it and it will take you to another page,on the left hand side under Settings & Options Click on Edit Signature then it will show you an area to edit your signature.

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#198 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 AM

Hey - just dropping in to ask a question. Not trying to be rude.

Have any of you nursing mamas had a missed period and then cramps begin after a nursing spurt by DC?

I'm trying to nightwean so I can TTC. Have been TTCing last month as well. DS hasn't nursed all night for the past 10 days. I finally gave in to nursing last night at 3am because I am incredibly sleep deprived from his waking all week. Yesterday and last night he had a huge nursing spurt. The cramps started every time he nursed since 4am.

Im not sure when AF was due, but I think I ovulated on Aug 13. I guess if AF was due this week, the cramps would be normal. But is there a reason why they would come during nursing? I thought nursing held off AF... And I was hoping for a potential BFP in 2 days. And wondering if the nursing spurt is causing AF to come and ruin my BFP...

Thanks....
Bonnie

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#199 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Bonnienova- no answers, but good luck

AFM- Temps keep rising. FF gave me crosshairs on CD 18, but I don't agree... CD14-17 I had EWCM, but CD14 was my dip and CD15 I definitely felt O pain. Could the coverline be messed up because I didn't temp till CD12? The pain is down today, I think resting my pelvis (no BD) may have helped. I've decided to not test until I'm nauseous.

#200 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolliesMama View Post

Congrats jr'smom!! How many DPO were you when you got your positive?
I tested at 11DPO and got a light BFP. The two days before that, I kept thinking I could imagine a line. This is the latest I've seen a positive. With the others definately by 8 or 9DPO it was obvious. (Except with the first, when I didn't test until I was late. The obsession hadn't begun yet!)

#201 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 09:25 AM

I hope I can jump in here and join you ladies... I am I guess waiting for ppaf. I had an IUD and took it out on Aug 1 had light spotting for 2 days then nothing but I am guessing that is from the iud coming out. I have never been able to get pg while bfing and hope this to be my 1st. I did catch the 1st egg after my twins but I had weaned them. I cant wait to get to know you guys...

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#202 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 AM

Thanks Becca. I guess I will get some answers in 3 days. Hopefully all this nursing doesn't ruin my chances of a bfp...

Maybe I will join this thread in the next few cycles. I have been lurking here for months, but didn't want to get too obsessive about TTC... Well, I think I already have, so you may see me here in a few weeks...

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#203 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Hi guys! Starting over here again, on CD4 here. Can I be moved to waiting to O?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#204 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Congrats Jr's mom

lifeguard - Hang in there, it will happen again for you

Well, I had my appointment with the OBGYN yesterday. She wants me to start using a OPK and then when I get the +, she wants me to go 6 days later and get a progesterone level, a prolactin level and my thyroid checked. If the progesterone level is not great then, she wants me to repeat it 2 days later (so 8 days after I get a + on the OPK) She doesn't think that the amount I nurse would have any effect on my chances conceiving.

If my progesterone levels are nto up to par, she said she would prescribe prometrium. Im not sure how I feel about taking pharmaceuticals. I am a very naturally minded mama, and pretty much hate drugs of all kinds. I asked her about the bioidentical creams as I would feel much better about that than taking drugs, but she said they do not maintain serum levels and in short, doesn't think they are very effective at all. I guess I just I don't know how far I'm willing to go to have another LO. Still working that out in my head. I told her I was taking vitex and she just shrugged and said ok, it may help, it may not. Same with the B6.

Do any of you ladies use OPK? I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself and just take this 1 step at a time. SIGH

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#205 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 11:15 AM

Jr'smom~YAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!! Big congrats to you!!!! How old is your LO (I see u said one year, but just curious?)

Marnica~So sorry ur going through this, and I hope that these tests will shed some light for you and get you on ur way to a bfp!!!

As for those in the 2ww, becca, peaches'mom, nolliesmama, becky, lifeguard, and those I missed..........I'm willing a to all of you and myself of course hehehehehe .

lifeguard~Sorry ur feeling down right now, and I'm sure its hard on you with all those newborns and pg bellies around I hope the clomid will do the trick for you next cycle, that is if ur not pg now .

FF puts me at 3 dpo!!! so please move me to 2ww please...I'll be testing sept 3rd I believe if no af by then since I only have 1 hpt in the house. I'll be 12 dpo.

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#206 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 01:03 PM

welcome littlestinkers!

Marnica - I use the opk. I do find it nice to get back up to the other tracking methods I'm using. Somehow it seems a little more definitive than checking my cervix.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#207 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

Daisy420~

littlestinkers~ Welcome to the group. i put you under waiting for first pp egg.

#208 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 01:38 PM

aaarg. . .AF found me

So I can be moved to Waiting to O

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#209 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 01:40 PM

SoCaliMommy ~ Thank you....
I am trying really hard not to go crazy about ttc but it is soooo hard to not....

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#210 of 285 Old 08-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy420 View Post
Jr'smom~YAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!! Big congrats to you!!!! How old is your LO (I see u said one year, but just curious?)
She is 20 months. This was our 6th cycle TTC. I wanted them to be closer together (because I'm getting old ) but I'm just grateful for another baby! Right now, Dh and I agree, that we hope we are blessed with 5 children.

Our first two are 19 months apart, then 2 1/2 years before the third came along, so this one will be just slightly less of a gap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page