i want to try for a boy. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am not trying yet but when i do i would like to try to influence it for a boy. i will be ok either way, i just want one more, but after all these girls i think it would be nice. i have read all the stuff about timing. i have questions about vaginal alkalinity and seminal lakalinity and what not. dietary changes for me and DH. etc. i cant remember the name of the book i was suggested either.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#2 of 14 Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 PM

I did the gender selection diet and also put a dab of baking soda right in there about 20 minutes with a finger before DTD (not necessarily recommended for those prone to vaginal infections). Boy swimmers like a more alkaline environment. So cutting out all dairy was rough for me! LOL But whether coincidental or not, we conceived a son after 2 daughters so take with it what you will! I got all my info online, not via a book:
I used the shettles method http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Sele...ttles_Boy.aspx
As long as you are okay either way, trying to influence the outcome with healthy options seems okay to me!
Good luck!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#3 of 14 Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 PM

This is a great question, and I can't wait to read the other answers, too, which hopefully will come soon. We're not trying yet, but about 2 days ago, I had a dream in which I gave birth to a little girl. She was great!

The same night, DH dreamt (had to look that one up in the dictionary!) of a daughter, too. He woke after feeling in the dream disappointed--I've been trying to get to a target weight and then maybe go down just a tad more, then eat a lot of high calorie meals before TTC, because we read that can help your chances of conceiving a boy!

Being a first-born son, he thinks it's the way to go. However, I'm an equally stubborn first-born daughter, so that wouldn't be bad either!

Anyway, all that to say I'm excited to read more here of how to influence chances to conceive a son.
#4 of 14 Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM

I have heard that the shettles method is pretty accurate. You can rent the book at your local library. Also about 70% of the births in my family were accurate with the Chinese predictor calendar, but you have to make sure to use your chinese age and lunar year. Its hard to find an accurate calendar but they are out there.

I found a website a long time ago that did a study and with each pregnancy you are more likely to have the opposite sex. So like if you had a girl you had a 50% chance for a boy next time. If you had two girls your third you had a 60% chance for a boy and the fourth child if all first three are girls you had like a 75% chance for a boy, but I cannot find that now. I did find this one website and you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the statistics on genders. This was a real study.

http://www.in-gender.com/XYU/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx

Conclusion
Although we often hear the "statistic" that you are 30% or even 70% more likely to keep having the same gender, this is just an old wives tale. It is NOT a fact. The truth is, your odds stay pretty close to 50% for each child and only vary slightly. If you have had 2 or 3 boys, you are only about 2% to 6% more likely to have another boy. If you have had girls, you are slightly more likely to have a boy next.

But for me all in all I believe that God is going to choose no matter what....................of course we are using the gender calendar and DTD as close to O as possible, because that is another so called method for a boy.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#5 of 14 Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 PM

There's a book by Dr. Frances Trapani called the Second Dilemma which talks about sexing your child... for a boy deep penetration, some dietary changes. The section is really short so if you'd like me to just scan it and email it to you I can. PM me.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#6 of 14 Old 08-07-2010, 01:39 AM

subbing

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#7 of 14 Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

what about dietary changes for the father? are there any recomended?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#8 of 14 Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Really want a boy next!

#9 of 14 Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 PM

I have a book about fertility in general that talks about timing conception for gender selection. The book itself is all very factual and well-researched, so I wouldn't be surprized if it worked. It's Taking Charge of Your Fertility... by Toni Weschler

me + v + baby girl

#10 of 14 Old 08-14-2010, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

i already read takng charge of your fertility. and all it talks about is timing. i want to know about stuff i can do to make sure the y sperm survive the trip to the egg. changing my ph and DHs ph to favor the y sperm. i read they are weaker than the x sperm. and i want to do everything i can to stack the odds in favor for a boy.

#11 of 14 Old 08-14-2010, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
apparently shettles is bollox.:*(
its about PH and timing. http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/15.aspx

and http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/138682.aspx

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#12 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
apparently shettles is bollox.:*(
its about PH and timing. http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/15.aspx

and http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/138682.aspx

thanks! digging on this forum. signed up for it and will stalk it tonight for hours there is a lot of stuff there. they even have a whole page just for the diet for trying for boy!

#13 of 14 Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 AM

Where do you get the pH strips from??

#14 of 14 Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

i read some ladies get them from the fish section of stores.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page