The Fabulous ONE Thread-August 15-21 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 166 Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stevi- I love it, my soldier got me good and pregnant so i have a feeling yours will too!! Cant wait to hear.
And on another note, i havent told anyone yet including DH but my bubba is on team pink, just like I hoped!! Shh we need to keep it a secret until DH gets home in two weeks!! Im hiding all my shopping from the boys prying eyes!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#122 of 166 Old 08-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Apparently all that pre-O sex gave me a UTI. That's what I get for propping a pillow under my butt instead of going pee right after like usual. I'd apologize for TMI but with all the pee boiling on here lately I think we're past that.

On a related note...man is real cranberry juice sour. I had to cut it with water and add some liquid stevia or I'd never be able to choke it down.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
#123 of 166 Old 08-19-2010, 07:53 PM

Mumma Cop Kaz... Awwww! That is wonderful news!!! Congrats on rounding out the sexes a bit! (I hope you're right about my new Soldier, too.)

WTHamI... Whoops! Sorry about the UTI. You won't care if you get a BFP!

AAM... Smilie might be cancelling tonight. This is just not my cycle. I should have known it wouldn't be. It's too close to the date of the cycle from my first pregnancy/miscarriage.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#124 of 166 Old 08-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post
Apparently all that pre-O sex gave me a UTI. That's what I get for propping a pillow under my butt instead of going pee right after like usual. I'd apologize for TMI but with all the pee boiling on here lately I think we're past that.
Yeah, anytime fertility is the discussion topic I think there is really no such thing as TMI.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#125 of 166 Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post
At 11 dpo, my temp. is down again (though still above coverline) and I've gotten another BFN. My LP is usually 12-13 days long so I'm not testing again until Sunday if I even get that far. I really thought this was the cycle... and now I think I'm onto cycle #6. Sorry, I'm just feeling kind of down this morning.

I really hope my cycle buddies are doing better than I am! Anyone have GOOD news?
I know that feeling. Hang in there. It just totally sucks when you think it's your cycle and BAM, BFN. It's maddening. And sad. I'm so there right now too.

I held out all day and didn't test, but those freaking tests are in my drawer calling my name! I swear! When did they add that feature?? I'm going to stay strong! No testing till AF is late - SUNDAY.

I dared AF to show today by wearing white shorts and a thong - and she stayed away. Ha. I'll show her. If she's going to show up this cycle, she knows better than to ruin my cute outfit!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#126 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 AM

Smilie cancelled. It's official, only one BD during my fertile time. Sigh.

Well, I suppose the good thing is, if I get a BFP, I'll know who the father is.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#127 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I know that feeling. Hang in there. It just totally sucks when you think it's your cycle and BAM, BFN. It's maddening. And sad. I'm so there right now too.

I held out all day and didn't test, but those freaking tests are in my drawer calling my name! I swear! When did they add that feature?? I'm going to stay strong! No testing till AF is late - SUNDAY.

I dared AF to show today by wearing white shorts and a thong - and she stayed away. Ha. I'll show her. If she's going to show up this cycle, she knows better than to ruin my cute outfit!
Thanks for sympathizing with me. I'm sorry, I just had to whine, but I hate bringing everyone down. I knew I shouldn't have tested this morning when my temp. was down again, but you're right, those stupid tests call out your name! AH! Good for you for hanging in there until Sunday. I don't have any more Dollar Trees left (just the CB digitals) so I won't test at all next cycle until AF is late.

Oh, and I totally love your idea of wearing white shorts and a thong to tempt AF!! That's freakin' awesome! I look forward to hearing some good news from you on Sunday.

Who else were our cycle buddies? Cherrie and...?

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#128 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 AM

Stevi, I'm glad you enlisted another soldier! And remember, it only takes ONE BD so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#129 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post
On a related note...man is real cranberry juice sour. I had to cut it with water and add some liquid stevia or I'd never be able to choke it down.
When I was looking for cranberry juice, I remember wondering why no one had "real" cranberry juice (only mixed with other fruits or diluted with water and sugar). I ended up getting the one with the least amount of sugar added, as well as some water. After tasting how tart that was, the lack of 100% cranberry juice made total sense.

Mine is mostly water and like 30-40% (I think?) cranberry, and it made me pee clear, so hopefully it helps you with your UTI.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#130 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
motray36, someone else here was trying grapefruit juice rather than cranberry, if that sounds any better to you (personally, I hate grapefruit, but think cranberry is ok). I think it was CLH_X3. Maybe she can tell you more. CLH_X3, where arrreee yooouuu?! And then also for CM there's something like evening primrose oil (?) in a pill maybe (?) Sorry, I don't know anything about that, but someone here must.
Im hereeeeeeeeeee!! I said to my OH I wont go on these forums that much so im keeping a low profile Only beacuse he said if i didnt then he will go for a SA beginning of my next cycle YAY

Right, I done the whole grapefruit juice thing ( i like GFJ ) and i did see an improvement so i would say go for it! ... I drink it from concentrated as well so its bitter...

Stevi, sorry.

Karma - I hope everything is ok!!! !!

Im liking the pee pee experiment! ... Keep it coming

WTHamI - Sorry about the UTI

Baby_Cakes - I do that all the time, were white on my bottom half to try and tempt it

Im not sure im going to temp this cycle, this was another one of my OH conditions for him to get the SA in sept ... and hes hide my therm !! but I have another one that he doesnt know about and I temp so early that i should be able to do them without him noticing TBH .. i may just do it for a few days and confirm O then stop

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#131 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 AM

Pregnancy Test Experiment - 9 dpo

Both negative again. The urine was in the freezer for 45 minutes.

I don't really feel like I'm pregnant this cycle. I'm starting to get breakouts which usually happen before AF. No other signs or symptoms either way so I don't know. It still is a little early to expect anything on a test.

CLH, you're cracking me up with the surreptitious temping.

#132 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 10:36 AM

I was wondering if the pee experiments might be easier with OPKs. You'll usually get a second line with an OPK anyway, right? So, then you could see if it's darker with modified pee or normal pee.

Just thinking.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#133 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Who else were our cycle buddies? Cherrie and...?
Me, still waiting. I guess I will test on Monday if I make it that far. I almost did this morning (yes the tests call my name too!) but I held out. I really do not want to have to buy more tests next cycle. I figure I will have an answer in a couple days regardless... the wait stinks though.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#134 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I was wondering if the pee experiments might be easier with OPKs. You'll usually get a second line with an OPK anyway, right? So, then you could see if it's darker with modified pee or normal pee.

Just thinking.
I have never taken an OPK and don't know much about them. I have noticed that the cold urine takes a looooong time to travel up the test, and the control line was lighter on the cold test than the warm test. Which makes me think maybe the warmer temp helps facilitate the reaction or something. I don't know, I'm not sure if I should continue on with this experiment. What do you guys think?

#135 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
I have never taken an OPK and don't know much about them. I have noticed that the cold urine takes a looooong time to travel up the test, and the control line was lighter on the cold test than the warm test. Which makes me think maybe the warmer temp helps facilitate the reaction or something. I don't know, I'm not sure if I should continue on with this experiment. What do you guys think?
Hmm. I don't know if temperature should affect the binding. Could it be something else, like the increased viscosity of the water due to the low temperature? To test that, maybe partially freeze it, remove the ice, warm up the remainder, and try it?

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#136 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
So, no, no symptoms but if you ask about symptoms on a TTC board you're sure to get an earful.
HAHA!! Good point!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
Specs never showed... Men! They even exasperate me when all I want is the sex! Argh!
I often wondering why DH complained about not having it enough before TTC and now I have to beg, plead, and borrow to get him in the mood. WTF!!

Quote:
Yeah, anytime fertility is the discussion topic I think there is really no such thing as TMI.
I concur. This whole forum carries a big TMI warning over it. I never feel bad when I write something like that and I never think that way about anybody else either. TMI is just implied.

Quote:
When I was looking for cranberry juice, I remember wondering why no one had "real" cranberry juice (only mixed with other fruits or diluted with water and sugar). I ended up getting the one with the least amount of sugar added, as well as some water. After tasting how tart that was, the lack of 100% cranberry juice made total sense.

Mine is mostly water and like 30-40% (I think?) cranberry, and it made me pee clear, so hopefully it helps you with your UTI.
Do you think cranberry blend would work as well? I really don't think I can do just cran (and I don't like GFJ either). But I could probably handle cran/grape or cran/pom.

AFM ~ WTH is up with my temps!! Either my therm is mocking me or my temps are trying to draw a pic on my chart. I think I see two boobies. Is the universe trying to tell me something?!?
I guess stable temps mean stable hormones??

I just added my chart on my homepage. See if it works for you guys. I like that better than having to go back to page 1 when I want to see someone's chart.

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#137 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
AFM ~ WTH is up with my temps!! Either my therm is mocking me or my temps are trying to draw a pic on my chart. I think I see two boobies. Is the universe trying to tell me something?!?
I guess stable temps mean stable hormones??
I see boobies on your chart too! With two nipples each. But your chart looks great.

#138 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 PM

MommyMatsumoto... Thank you! This soldier is younger than the others, I'm hoping that helps.

CLH_X3... Hmmmm, so you made a deal with the OH, did you? Interesting how you are already cheating and plotting to cheat more. TTC turn us honest women into slinky lil sneaks!
I hope you don't get caught!! (I will keep my toes crossed for a great SA.)

BarefootScientist... I'm enjoying your pee experiments. But, if you're getting bored with them, we won't push you. Much...

Sweet.Bee... OPKs? I don't know. They test for a different hormone, so using them for the concentrated pee experiment may not work. Interesting idea, though...

GolfAddict... Yeah, aren't men odd? It's embarrassing that I have a stronger sex drive than any of the men I've met in the last few years. (Since I discovered my sex drive. )

AAM... I have a super positive OPK this morning. Hmmmm.... My body is messing with me. My cervix is a tight little ball, cm is thick and creamy, and my temp went up this morning. Which means I ovulated yesterday, on schedule, as predicted. Arrgh!

Everybody think Reproductive Thoughts!

#139 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 PM

I woke up this morning soooo nauseous. My nipples are also super sore. Of course I'm only 4 DPO so none of this means anything but I definitely have some obsessing to keep me entertained for the next week. I'm going to start testing next Friday which will be 11 DPO. FF has my test date as the 31st but what do they know. I should probably wait until then and not waste tests, but meh.

#140 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 PM

Please move me to waiting to O. Thanks.

#141 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry MommyMatsumoto

#142 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 08:39 PM

s Mommymatsumoto I am sorry.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#143 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Please move me to waiting to O. Thanks.
Boo!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#144 of 166 Old 08-20-2010, 09:26 PM

Hey got a + opk last night and today it's still blaring +... looks like I am gonna O soon! See ya in a couple of days or so to update! :-)

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#145 of 166 Old 08-21-2010, 12:53 AM

Dh convinced me I was being cheap about the tests and I took one.

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=8140

Not sure how well you can see it in the picture, but it is there. This was late in the day super diluted urine, so hopefully in the morning it will be darker. Dh and I are shocked and excited! I never expected to see a BFP for a while... eekk. I am so nervous for the next couple months! Stick baby stick!!!

Sarah

#146 of 166 Old 08-21-2010, 01:33 AM

Thanks for the love, everyone.

And to Sarah!!! I just KNEW one of my cycle buddies would get a BFP. Now what about the rest of you?

#147 of 166 Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 AM

Thanks for the love, everyone.

And to Sarah!!! I just KNEW one of my cycle buddies would get a BFP. Now what about the rest of you?

#148 of 166 Old 08-21-2010, 02:20 AM

Yay Sarah!!! Congratulations!

#149 of 166 Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Congrats Sarah!

Sorry MommyMatsumoto.

Still have breakouts this morning but my temp is still looking pretty too so I'm doing the experiment. I'll let you know in a few minutes...so far the untreated urine is looking pretty negative.

How are the rest of my cycle buddies doing? It's getting close to time for some of us to start finding out!

#150 of 166 Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 AM

Negative, negative, both negative.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page