Anyone used Instead Softcup? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried using the Instead Softcup to aid in TTC? I know it's intended use is for during AF, but I read some reviews online of people using it when TTC to, I guess, keep the swimmers where they need to be. Just wondering if anyone had tried it, and if so what were the results?

Thanks!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#2 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 02:40 PM

Well I haven't used it yet, but I bought some and plan to. Anxious to see what others have to say.
#3 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM

I did! Our first month on clomid we used instead cups. I'm not sure if it helped, but I'm 15 weeks now.
#4 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Many people here use them! Including me. Good luck!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#5 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM

i like them. i dont use them at night, but during the day, they are great to keep all the swimmers from dripping out all day as you walk around.

i have to say though, i was very comfortable with using them because i used a diaphram for bc for a couple years, and by coincidence, the instead cup is the exact size of my old diaphram. so i had no trouble inserting/removing, and it fits me just right. if you dont have any experience, i would definitely try it out before crunch time, because it could take some practice, and im not sure how well one size fits all. i also use preseed with it just like you would use spermicide with a diaphram- a dollop in the middle of the cup and around the edge, just to give a little pH balanced support to the sperm while it's in there, just because, well, why not.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#6 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM

I used them for a couple of cycles with no luck. I alternated using them and not using them (we DTD every day around O time). They definitely worked as far as keeping things in there. And I know ladies who used them when using donor sperm (they put the sample into the cup before putting it in). Only drawback was removing them. Sperm is kinda icky after a few hours...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#7 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM

I used them for a couple of cycles with no luck. They're easy to get used to and I may try them again.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#8 of 8 Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the responses ladies!
I bought a box and will be trying them with this next cycle. Hoping they'll help me finally get that BFP!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page